Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 26, 2016 8:57 PM
Jul 2018
Talent = Bullshit.
It's all hard work. Talent doesn't matter. If you don't give up on something, you'll get it. Talent is not important.
Oct 26, 2016 9:18 PM

Apr 2013
In the end Talent > Hardwork.

Let me rephrase that.

Luck > Talent > Hardwork.

Hardwork is the most basic thing you need for success at anything (well unless you are the luckiest motherfucker to grace the 3D hellhole of course). If hardwork defined the outcome, everyone would be a fucking success.

It is talent and luck that defines who gets it good while others live in the dumpster.
Oct 26, 2016 9:52 PM

Aug 2015
Well to summarise, A hell of a lot effort > talent, but if that talented individuals is applying themselves to their best then no matter how much effort you put in, you're gonna be miles behind unfortunately. That's not to say you should give up though, you'll be surprised how high you can climb on effort alone.
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Oct 26, 2016 10:32 PM

Jul 2012
I feel it mainly comes down to aptitude. I mean if you're doing the exact same task then effort may lead to better results, but when it comes to different tasks, aptitude wins. I could have a talent for writing papers, but that doesn't necessarily mean i'll produce the same exact quality if i'm writing about different subjects even if i study up on said subjects a lot
Oct 26, 2016 11:12 PM
Nov 2013
Talent >>> Hard Work

I see too many people in math struggling to get by studying for days and sheer hard work and dedication just to get Fs in math classes.

Other people study for five minutes, and if they work even just a little, they get straight As.

Life just isn't fair like that.
Oct 27, 2016 12:44 AM

May 2013
There's a difference between hard work and effective work. A lot of people work hard but they can't see what they are doing wrong.

If you approach things in a smart way I think hard work>talent but otherwise it's the other way around.
Oct 27, 2016 1:38 AM

Apr 2016
What talent really means, is having an Asian parent that makes you play the piano all day.
Oct 27, 2016 6:58 AM

May 2015
GrizzlyAdams said:
There's a difference between hard work and effective work. A lot of people work hard but they can't see what they are doing wrong.

If you approach things in a smart way I think hard work>talent but otherwise it's the other way around.

This is important. The problem is, we tend to measure work by hours. You're being paid by how long you work. So we don't question much whether our work is effective.

The question isn't how much you work, but how effective you are and why.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » is marriage compulsory?

FruitPunchBaka - Yesterday

36 by Auron_ »»
15 minutes ago

» What if you saw God in heaven? ( 1 2 )

-Usagi - Feb 3, 2016

59 by LoveYourSmile »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you believe in moral facts? ( 1 2 )

Freshell - May 5

70 by JaniSIr »»
33 minutes ago

» Whats's your favourite snack food?

Towaii7 - Mar 22

21 by DreamWindow »»
48 minutes ago

Poll: » individualism like in usa or collectivism like in japan

deg - Yesterday

24 by DreamWindow »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.