Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 2, 2008 2:43 AM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was one of the less better ones, though that doesn't make it a bad episode. We got some story on Chiaki, and it was a pretty cute dying story. Love drama with a bad end.
Mar 2, 2008 5:29 AM
Jun 2007
It was a sweet episode about Chiaki's story.. 5/5. The Shigofumi (a marriage proposal in the grave) on this episode is to Chiaki from her lover. Pretty sweet episode
Mar 5, 2008 2:44 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I think this episode was amazing. Very awesome. It had a good story and many hilarious moments. Sometimes I thought I was watching a comedy. Fumika's sqeaking when the cat passed her by at the grave and the scenes with the staves were really funny. As well as the *throws pillow - reversal - "What's your problem?* scene. xD

Also Chiaki's a real cutie. Looking forward to more.
cyruzMar 5, 2008 2:47 PM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 5, 2008 2:51 PM

Aug 2007
Adorable episode. A very funny one too.

The staffs are hilarious xD
Chiaki is indeed cute.

Someone needs to make a .gif of the pillow fight D:
CheezyMar 5, 2008 2:56 PM
Mar 5, 2008 3:13 PM

Sep 2007
Very nice episode indeed.
The stave sceens were so awesome...
and the eavesdropping Chiaki too xD
And I love listen to Natsuka's (Saeko Chiba-san) voice <3

Chiaki's was very cute and her story made me baw a little..

Can't wait for more!

Mar 5, 2008 3:58 PM

Aug 2007
This episode was a little bad when it comes to what Shigofumi brings up but it was a great episode. A Great in-depth of Chiaki's story with loads of hilarious scenes. I mean the canes totally rocked the episode xD

And Chiaki is totally adorable :)
Mar 5, 2008 5:31 PM

Jul 2007
The episode was nice. Nice little vacation ep with background information on Chiaki. Was rather cute. Plus you gotta love Fumika's little squeak there when the cat brushed by her, so cute. Plus the pillow fight scene was awesome
Mar 5, 2008 5:38 PM

Jan 2007
This episode was soooooooo good. I loved it. Made me a bigger fan of Chiaki.
Mar 5, 2008 7:06 PM

Oct 2007
That was touching.

Mar 5, 2008 8:31 PM

Feb 2007
I usually hide from ep discussions but I have to say.

Shigofumi owns

and yeah, made me a bigger chiaki fan, as faust mentioned.

cyruz said:
I think this episode was amazing. Very awesome. It had a good story and many hilarious moments. Sometimes I thought I was watching a comedy. Fumika's sqeaking when the cat passed her by at the grave and the scenes with the staves were really funny. As well as the *throws pillow - reversal - "What's your problem?* scene. xD

Also Chiaki's a real cutie. Looking forward to more.

^picked out the best scenes :>
Mar 5, 2008 8:48 PM

May 2007
This was such a good episode. It totally sold me on Chiaki when I was pretty iffy on her beforehand. It was a sweet story and a nice combination of drama and comedy.

And, of course, Fumika's cat fear squeak was completely unexpected and too funny -- the highlight of the episode. XD
Mar 5, 2008 10:20 PM

Oct 2007
Umm, should they have a scene with a dude polishing the staff in a seinen?
Mar 6, 2008 3:11 AM

Feb 2008
Very good episode. Very funny too, especially the scenes with the staves =P
Also, Chiaki is so kawaii ^_^
Mar 6, 2008 7:41 AM
Jul 2018
Far from the best episode, I'd say.
The comedy didn't fit in at all, and the story we got was kinda dull.
Mar 6, 2008 12:25 PM

Sep 2007
Very good episode, a bit story about chiaki and funny scenes thanks to the staves.
Not the best episode from Shigofumi, but still 4/5. :D
Mar 6, 2008 12:46 PM

Dec 2007
definetly a light episode after the past 3.
loved the Chiaki back story
She's soo adorable and her story was really touching

looks like next week returns to the "shigofumi-of-the-week" format
Mar 6, 2008 1:01 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Oh and I forgot something, Fumika said that anything can be a Shigofumi as long as the stamp is on it. That explains some things.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 6, 2008 2:17 PM

Jan 2008
I'm not really liking the new direction this series is taking, hoping for it to return to original form next week. I mean a vacation episode? In Shigofumi? WTF? The cat episode was pushing it, but this. Also, I really am tired of the reoccurring characters aside from Fumika (and I like Chiaki but she should be there once in a while).
Mar 6, 2008 2:18 PM

Aug 2007
Good episode. I liked how it changed to Chiaki instantly.
Mar 6, 2008 2:20 PM

Jul 2007
cyruz said:
Oh and I forgot something, Fumika said that anything can be a Shigofumi as long as the stamp is on it. That explains some things.

Yeah, I always thought that Fumika's gun was shigofumi'ed to her, and now I'm almost sure. At first I thought it was by her other self, but one a second thought she's not really dead, so I don't know if she's alowed to shigofumi things... =o

Anyways, really funny ep. Specially the staves. I lol'd really hard when he offered tea to the male staff... XD
Mar 6, 2008 2:53 PM

Nov 2007
I really liked this one. A refreshing change of pace from the usual angst, and yay Chiaki background. More like this and I'll bump my rating to a 9.
Mar 6, 2008 9:49 PM

Oct 2007
super cute, chiaki and her guy kinda remind me of my situation, though she's still living
Mar 7, 2008 10:24 AM
Dec 2007
Isindil said:
Far from the best episode, I'd say.
The comedy didn't fit in at all, and the story we got was kinda dull.
We needed a more refreshing episode after the climactic Fumika episodes. It was nice seeing Chiaki's past, and unlike some people I do like the fact they don't stick to a "case of the week" format and instead have a continous plot. Fumika's friends have been key to keep the main plot moving even during the seemingly unrelated "case of the week" episodes, so removing them completely from an episode would actually feel awkward and a step-back in the plot..

Mar 7, 2008 12:02 PM

Jun 2007
haha this was great entertainment.

now that is an awesome grin you have there
Mar 7, 2008 12:06 PM

Jan 2008
i really like how they make the jokes so natural! i lol'ed so hard when natsuka scream "fumika! suki da!", and like everyone said the pillow throwing was really a good one, then kaname offered tea to matoma lol

kanaka + sleeping in futon = lol

kanaka + soaking in onsen =lol x 2

(matoma x kanaka) + ski on the beach = LOLOLOL XD

kaname + kanaka + "oh, oh, yes, pleasure" = LOLOLOLOL X10

there are just so many funny parts i couldn't stop laughing at XD
Mar 7, 2008 1:05 PM

Feb 2008
It was really a good episode. Fumika and the cats... LMAO! Chiaki story was really nice. I was wondering what was the reason why she was a mailcarrier. Can't wait for the next episode!!!
If only life could be one big anime movie... What character would you play?
Mar 7, 2008 4:13 PM
Dec 2007
Another awesome episode, lighter than the last ones, but still I loved it. The characters are really interesting and very deep too (like in all the Sato Tatsuo animes, Nadesico, Stellvia, Shingu etc...).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 7, 2008 5:51 PM

Apr 2007
Loved the episode.

But is it just me or does Chiaki look WAY to young in the flashbacks to be proposed to?^^
Mar 8, 2008 10:10 AM

Aug 2007
Not a bad episode at all. I learn something new about Chiaki, which was a good thing since I was getting curious about her.
Mar 8, 2008 1:21 PM
Dec 2007
Overfiend said:
Loved the episode.

But is it just me or does Chiaki look WAY to young in the flashbacks to be proposed to?^^
So, it wasn't just me who thought the guy was a pedophile. Considering she's been dead for some 50 years now, I think they are in the clear (as in, I'm pretty sure Japan didn't have any issues with guys pairing up with girls around her age back then). But yes, she's a little on the young side and he's a little too old for her. Old enough for me to mistake him for her father at first >.<.

Mar 8, 2008 5:02 PM

Oct 2007
Lovely story...
It really is a great series
Mar 8, 2008 5:03 PM

Oct 2007
id said:
i really like how they make the jokes so natural! i lol'ed so hard when natsuka scream "fumika! suki da!", and like everyone said the pillow throwing was really a good one, then kaname offered tea to matoma lol

kanaka + sleeping in futon = lol

kanaka + soaking in onsen =lol x 2

(matoma x kanaka) + ski on the beach = LOLOLOL XD

kaname + kanaka + "oh, oh, yes, pleasure" = LOLOLOLOL X10

They were the best :P

there are just so many funny parts i couldn't stop laughing at XD
Mar 8, 2008 6:57 PM

Jun 2007
Great episode! It was really relaxing, but the story still moved forward. Kanaka and Matoma surfing just cracked me up. :D
Mar 8, 2008 11:00 PM

Jun 2007
awwww I was expecting to see Chiaki and Fumika in bathing suits :(. O well still a good episode.
Mar 9, 2008 4:16 AM

Oct 2007
Very nice episode. Happy deaths are deaths too.

My kingdom for a bottle of plum juice!
Mar 9, 2008 1:41 PM

May 2007
T_T So..so beautiful!!

but anyways, Matona and Kanaka are awesome. Loved the last scene where Chiaki's going through with the wedding vow, and how they added the ring. T_T
Mar 9, 2008 5:18 PM

Aug 2007
aww cute story of Chiaki's love. + funny stave/staff moments
Mar 10, 2008 2:50 PM

Feb 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Overfiend said:
Loved the episode.

So, it wasn't just me who thought the guy was a pedophile. Considering she's been dead for some 50 years now, I think they are in the clear (as in, I'm pretty sure Japan didn't have any issues with guys pairing up with girls around her age back then). But yes, she's a little on the young side and he's a little too old for her. Old enough for me to mistake him for her father at first >.<.

*nod* *nod* *nod* *nod*

But nevertheless a heart-warming episode with very funny parts. After the serious and depressing beginning of the show, quite a surprise....
Mar 10, 2008 4:14 PM

Nov 2007
kind of a boring episode but not bad. made chiaki more relatable. the talking staves still annoy me and detract from the show. interesting to see if "glasses boy" will end up with fumi or natsuka
Mar 11, 2008 5:46 AM
Feb 2008
side story but good for building some of the other characters i guess. A little depth assuming the other characters become more vital then they currently are
Mar 11, 2008 9:44 PM

Oct 2007
Lol I couldn't stop laughing when he was polishing Kanaka and she was orgasming. Kanaka ftmfw!

I thought Chiaki looked way too young in her flashback too.
Mar 12, 2008 6:10 AM

Jan 2008
mystik said:
kind of a boring episode but not bad. made chiaki more relatable. the talking staves still annoy me and detract from the show. interesting to see if "glasses boy" will end up with fumi or natsuka

¯\(º_o)/¯
that staff is one of the best part of shigofumi

edit:and it beats the hell out of raging heart or whatever device if only it could fire kamehame-ha
idMar 12, 2008 6:15 AM
Mar 12, 2008 12:17 PM

Oct 2007
kasumisama said:
I really liked this one. A refreshing change of pace from the usual angst, and yay Chiaki background. More like this and I'll bump my rating to a 9.
But the "angst" is kind of the point. It gives you a first-hand account or relevant issues that affect our society like teen suicide and child abuse, it provides a glimpse into a world that a lot of us would rather ignore. That's what makes the show so great.

mystik said:
the talking staves still annoy me and detract from the show.
I agree, they make the show too cutesy, which doesn't fit with how disturbing and thought-provoking the show usually is (though that one part where she was like "Oh! Oh! Pleasure!" was pretty funny). The staves are pretty much the main reason I didn't rate this show higher.
quitearushMar 12, 2008 12:21 PM
Mar 12, 2008 2:54 PM
Dec 2007
quitearush said:
kasumisama said:
But the "angst" is kind of the point. It gives you a first-hand account or relevant issues that affect our society like teen suicide and child abuse, it provides a glimpse into a world that a lot of us would rather ignore. That's what makes the show so great.

The Angst IS the point, but this episode proved that not all deaths need avengement. Instead of the usual angsty deaths, we got a love that surpassed death, which was odd in the general scheme of things, but a good change of pace.

It is never noted, but the spectator is also meant to notice the fact that Chiaki's happiness was cut short by a couple fighting while driving, which caused them to veer off their lane and impact Chiaki and her boyfriend's van. That's a little of the usual introspection of society the show is good at.

Mar 13, 2008 11:19 AM

Feb 2008
Leon-Gun said:

It is never noted, but the spectator is also meant to notice the fact that Chiaki's happiness was cut short by a couple fighting while driving, which caused them to veer off their lane and impact Chiaki and her boyfriend's van. That's a little of the usual introspection of society the show is good at.

Totally forgot about that.....good point! ^^
Mar 16, 2008 6:11 PM

Feb 2008
I really liked this episode. It wasn't as dramatic as usual, but I enjoyed the change. Lots of hilarious moments, and this ep really made me love Chiaki. Such a touching end to her love story.
Mar 20, 2008 1:28 AM

Apr 2007
Good episode; enjoyed the Chiaki background quite a bit since I'm a bit more akin to her character than Fumika's.

The age gap between Chiaki and Saizou was a bit strange too, that or my eyes were just deceiving me. She looked really young, like pre-teen young, and he easily looked in his 20s, so I don't know.
Mar 20, 2008 8:32 PM
Oct 2007
Lol, were those staffs getting off on being polished!

And it was funny how the man staff and the guy were together... drinking tea
Mar 21, 2008 12:51 PM

Aug 2007
A really cute episode that manages to combine amusing moments with a very moving story. I feel sorry for Chiaki but it was adorable, in a sad kind of way, when she realized what her shigofumi was. A marriage proposal after all those years. Now that is love.
Apr 7, 2008 8:35 AM

Apr 2008
quitearush said:
I’d rather leave that for the news shows.

I agreed with Leon.
In anime (or entertainment in general, which anime is included) I’d rather look for a brighter side instead of angst and tragedy. And this episode gives a lot of things to smile to, or actually, the only episode I felt something when the package is delivered.

But personally, I liked Chiaki’s personality more than Fumika anyway. Had enough angst characters ever since first watched anime years ago. :P
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

nodoka-koi - Jan 5, 2008

130 by EtherLux »»
Dec 18, 2023 12:02 PM

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sobzob - Mar 22, 2008

122 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 10, 2023 10:07 PM

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Mar 15, 2008

60 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:24 AM

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sobzob - Mar 8, 2008

108 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:20 AM

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sobzob - Feb 23, 2008

76 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 4, 2023 3:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.