Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 15, 2016 8:52 PM

Jul 2012
Almost crashed my car a few months ago when my friend told me that, thought it was a joke, until now. Slap myself for having doubt.

So, our male MC isn't coming back with his perverted Dad? Not even our in-the-heat, about to explode, female side Mamimi chan?
Feels like losing all five senses &
Maybe not able to have thoughts,

Enjoi...
May 15, 2016 8:54 PM

Nov 2015
Random question. Is FLCL worth watching btw? Is it good?
May 15, 2016 8:59 PM

Aug 2013
inb4 it sucks besides soundtrack posts
May 15, 2016 9:19 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
_LorDNiCo_ said:

it sucks besides soundtrack

seriously tho, give it a shot, its just 6 episodes !
For me its really good.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 15, 2016 9:21 PM

Nov 2015
@DatRandomDude I might as well try it out. Thanks for the feedback.
May 15, 2016 10:51 PM

Jul 2012
I still listen to The Pillows, the band who's songs are played throughout the show. Each song is right on spot with the mood at the moment so, its pretty worth. Character progression is a center theme as it is one of those coming of age stories. I think it was so good at that, that and its wonkiness, one of the creators of "Avatar: The Last Airbender" demanded his writer crew to watch this series.

When I used to smoke cigarettes, I smoked to Bran-New Lovesong by the Pillows.
kUshPandA_ENJOiMay 15, 2016 10:55 PM

Enjoi...
May 26, 2016 9:38 PM

Mar 2009
Even if you're only it for the great soundtrack, The Pillows will be returning to do the new series as well.
May 28, 2016 7:42 AM
Jul 2015
everyone seems to think it sucked aside from the soundtrack. I myself, have a personal connection to it as i have thin memories of my uncle watching it when i was little. just watched myself and I think that it is one hellofa work of art. the writing and sakuga is pretty awesome, aside from some points that frankly don't make much sense no matter how you twist it. came to log it on my list to find it's getting a sequel, and I am stoked
May 31, 2016 5:11 AM
Go read Medalist
Apr 2007
People who like FLCL generally form two groups. One of them thinks it's a fun fast-paced show with random humor and cool animation/soundtrack, and they enjoy it just for that. The other group tries to see deeper meaning behind the seemingly random imagery... and finds it (it's usually those that rate it 9 or 10). Neither is wrong.

I myself rewatched FLCL several times, and always noticed something new on each subsequent watch. It's something that you can have fun with at almost any age, and something full enough with under-the-hood things and directorial decisions that you can grow to appreciate more as time goes and your life experience grows. Very few anime series fit that description.
May 31, 2016 5:30 AM

Oct 2015
Fo said:

It sucks including the soundtrack

Kidding, but I'm not exactly a fan of FLCL.

I get that some people just enjoy it for the insanity, but I think there are later shows that do this style much more justice.

I might give this reboot a chance though.
Jun 10, 2016 8:49 AM

Jul 2012
I'm doubtful myself about the sequel, I mean it wasn't just Haruhara that made the show, it was the super ecchi dad, nori-brows and his disgusted 50 cal wielding chick sidekick . And let's not forget gramps showing the muy ero techniques during the manga strip scene.

The trippy, over-flow, clingy, manipulative firestarter redhead....

Enjoi...
Jun 12, 2016 4:59 AM

Jan 2014
*Raises hand* o/ I'm here for the insanity and its style! Holy mother of god a new season is coming (ˊo̴̶̷̤⌄o̴̶̷̤ˋ)
Jun 12, 2016 5:32 AM

Oct 2010
I think if I had watched the original FLCL now, it wouldn't be my cup of tea. But one of the reasons why I still enjoy the show is adolescent nostalgia. It came on my TV at the right time (along with Cowboy Bebop) in 2011, and has stuck with me since. And it only proves itself to be even better with each rewatch.

Let's hope that Kari Walhgren and the rest of the cast reprise their roles for the dub, because they hit out of the park with the original.
kUshPandA_ENJOi said:
I still listen to The Pillows, the band who's songs are played throughout the show. Each song is right on spot with the mood at the moment so, its pretty worth.

Based on a lyric translation, 'Instant Music' doesn't fit well, considering it's a song about the state of the pop music industry (the 'instant singles'.). Can't recall whether The Pillows recorded in jest or as a statement.
Jul 7, 2016 4:59 AM

Dec 2015
Actually I'm really worried since I didn't like Psycho Pass' directing at all and with Motohiro as the series director instead of the genius Tsurumaki everything will most likely go downhill. I also found the ending of FLCL perfect and don't really understand why they would want to make a sequel in the first place (except for commercial reasons I guess). I'm low-key hoping to see an adult Naota making a cameo appearance or reading some clues about Mamimi's whereabouts...
Jul 19, 2016 1:40 AM

Jul 2012
Mamimi is the mc's
Jacksnapp said:
Actually I'm really worried since I didn't like Psycho Pass' directing at all and with Motohiro as the series director instead of the genius Tsurumaki everything will most likely go downhill. I also found the ending of FLCL perfect and don't really understand why they would want to make a sequel in the first place (except for commercial reasons I guess). I'm low-key hoping to see an adult Naota making a cameo appearance or reading some clues about Mamimi's whereabouts...

mother

Enjoi...
Aug 2, 2016 9:09 PM

Feb 2015
cant wait for this new season <3 ive wanted more FLCL bc of the storie's insanity. that kinda stuff interests me lol.
i wont even mind if its bad this time, im just glad i get to see more Haruko <333

👼 ♥ 🙏 Momonga-sama  is  jeezus 🐙 ✝ 💀

Aug 18, 2016 6:28 AM
Jul 2018
FLCL is one of the last anime I would expect to get a sequel.
Sep 16, 2016 4:52 AM

Jun 2016
I literally ADORE FLCL and I'm not really sure if i want this or not. I mean it would be nice seeing how it went for all our beloved characters, but at the same time, FLCL is one of those animes that are perfect the way they are, y'know short.

Also I still want to be able to marathon it under 3 hours
THE SMITHS ARE THE BEST BAND
Sep 19, 2016 2:14 PM
May 2008
Am I having a stroke?

Idk what to make of it tbh but if I can see my beloved Mamimi again I'm all good. It's also nice to see the the Pillows return too !!They made a damn nice soundtrack. !!
Oct 28, 2016 6:52 PM
Jul 2018
I love it, its so random, extremely unorthodox, but thats exactly what they were aiming for and they hit that right on the ass and sent it flying like a icecube from the depths of the underground tree battle fortress..... See what I mean. Eh hm. My point was it was great and as much as I love the idea of continuing it I also have to hesitate with that statement. If it comes out and is plain Jane and simple or completely different I don't know if I'll like it or at least feel let down and never truly consider it the next season of FL CL. Thats my 2 cents.
Comment if you would prefer it too be a continuation of the original or completelt different and if you want the creators to continue with the original hype and style or change for something more serious or relaxed.
Nov 22, 2016 1:54 AM
Jan 2015
I hope it's not a continuation, I don't ever remember the original FLCL... Man It was boring even if it only got 6 eps.
Dec 2, 2016 8:57 AM

Feb 2016
Lol I fucking hated that garbage but I'm gonna watch the new season anyway XD
Dec 13, 2016 7:40 AM

Dec 2011
As you can see in my avatar, i'm totally in in this sequel!!!
Dec 18, 2016 7:31 PM

Dec 2013
Can't wait for more South Park references
Feb 7, 2017 4:49 AM

Aug 2016
_LorDNiCo_ said:

it was awful. but thats me. its just 6 episode so you could try it by yourself. protip: you see one episode and you have seen all of them so you might better judge it by the first one
:v
Feb 10, 2017 10:38 PM

May 2012
Daliesk said:
_LorDNiCo_ said:
protip: you see one episode and you have seen all of them so you might better judge it by the first one

Well, we know your perspective of the series is open minded then.

Personally, I don't like the idea that the sequel may not have any tie to the original beyond Haruko, but the synopsis does hint that there's still questions left unanswered with the previous season. I'm hopeful they'll find a subtle way to link the two together rather than a commercial cash grab.

Regardless, I'm remaining optimistic about this one.
Mar 6, 2017 4:16 AM

Apr 2013
I watched FLCL just recently and loved it. I haven't seen before an anime that seems so random yet tells a perfectly coherent story. OST was as great as everyone says and animation was different without being a CG garbage, so it's a plus for me. Characters were also pretty interesting and unique in their way.
Erebus25Mar 6, 2017 4:21 AM
Mar 31, 2017 11:41 AM
Mar 2017
I'm dreading this.

The OVA was so self-contained and perfect. It fit multiple seasons' worth of a lesser show's characterization in 6 episodes. I really hope IG realizes it's the human element to FLCL that made it great, not the lolsorandumm stuff.

And for being one of the first digitally animated things in anime, the original captured the feeling of the hand-drawn era better than anything released in the last, well, year, sadly. Hoping this new one isn't gonna have that typical overly glossy cheap TV anime look.

On the plus side, scrapping every character except Haruko is a good idea. Nothing more needs to be done with them.
Apr 2, 2017 7:57 AM

Aug 2015
Lobinde said:
Fo said:

but I think there are later shows that do this style much more justice.

Could you please tell us some of these anime? I would love to watch them :D
Apr 13, 2017 2:56 AM

Jul 2012
NOOOOO PROD. I.G. PLZ DO NOT REMAKE FLCL!!!!!!!!

Enjoi...
Apr 13, 2017 5:38 PM
Nov 2015
Cant wait for the s2!!!!!!!!!! Love flcl so much and i cant wait for the theme to continue
Apr 13, 2017 5:40 PM
Nov 2015
kUshPandA_ENJOi said:

you do know this is a second season right?
Apr 13, 2017 5:43 PM

Sep 2009
*Has heart attack*
*Uses fading consciousness to post about it on MAL*
Would totally do.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 14, 2017 1:56 AM

Jul 2012
Solar420 said:
kUshPandA_ENJOi said:

you do know this is a second season right?

Maybe it was just some old news

Enjoi...
Apr 17, 2017 5:54 AM

Jun 2016
Aquamirror said:
Lol I fucking hated that garbage but I'm gonna watch the new season anyway XD
AP_974 said:
I hope it's not a continuation, I don't ever remember the original FLCL... Man It was boring even if it only got 6 eps.

PLEB WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE SMITHS ARE THE BEST BAND
Apr 18, 2017 5:34 AM

Apr 2015
Apparently there is going to be 2 more seasons and the series is 1 cour (12 episodes)
It will either air late 2017 or early 2018

The hype tho!!!!!

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/25/11304134/flcl-anime-new-seasons-2017-cartoon-network-toonami
May 9, 2017 9:33 PM

Oct 2015
i'm so happy to see new seasons of it. i just hope they keep the wonderful soul of it intact and just add more to the lore, story, characters and magic of it. there's so much to flcl. in just 6 episodes it does more than some shows in 50 episodes.

@Skyley if you want similar shows, here you go: diebuster, kyousougiga 2013, flip flappers, dead leaves, excel saga, abenobaiashi magical arcade, birth (this one is old), hells, alien nine (to an extent), gurren lagann, getter robo armageddon (this one takes itself very seriously though), panty & stocking, space patrol luluco, kiru ra kiru, tetsuwan birdy decode, yozakura quartet: hana no uta and the other parts made by tatsunoko (the original is not that good), kemonuzume, kaiba, cat soup. mind you, not all of em have the same aesthetics, but they have the same energy, feel, spirit, they have a lot of heart and love in them and most have more meaning than apparent. i recommend you try all of them.
MZXJMay 9, 2017 9:49 PM
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
May 9, 2017 10:24 PM

Jun 2010
Go to the hospital (not for heart but for brain)
May 10, 2017 3:26 AM

Aug 2015
Sjo said:

@Skyley if you want similar shows, here you go: diebuster, kyousougiga 2013, flip flappers, dead leaves, excel saga, abenobaiashi magical arcade, birth (this one is old), hells, alien nine (to an extent), gurren lagann, getter robo armageddon (this one takes itself very seriously though), panty & stocking, space patrol luluco, kiru ra kiru, tetsuwan birdy decode, yozakura quartet: hana no uta and the other parts made by tatsunoko (the original is not that good), kemonuzume, kaiba, cat soup. mind you, not all of em have the same aesthetics, but they have the same energy, feel, spirit, they have a lot of heart and love in them and most have more meaning than apparent. i recommend you try all of them.

Thank you very much! ^^
May 20, 2017 10:32 PM

Mar 2013
oh yay, more garbage~
Aug 21, 2017 5:25 AM
Jan 2009
[quote=Lobinde message=46264505]
Fo said:
I get that some people just enjoy it for the insanity, but I think there are later shows that do this style much more justice.

Like what? I'm genuinely interested. I feel like I've gotten bored and burnt out with anime in general but I'm sure something well animated and imaginative (such as FLCL or anything by Yuasa for example) would change my mind.
Mar 24, 2018 4:01 PM

Jan 2013
_LorDNiCo_ said:

It is a bloody masterpiece 10 out of 10
Sep 18, 2023 1:07 AM
Jan 2022
It's weird, but it's one of those shows where you have to close your mind. tht's the only way to enjoy it. the animation was easily the most standout aspect, mainly because some of the best animators from around the world worked on it

More topics from this board

Poll: » FLCL Progressive Episode 1 Discussion

matheoo41 - Sep 25, 2018

9 by Tico50 »»
Nov 12, 2023 5:49 PM

» What do I watch first: FLCL Progressive or Alternative?

laputia - Apr 11, 2020

8 by Wiziliz »»
Oct 15, 2023 4:21 PM

» Why did the VA for Haruko change?

mechian - Jun 14, 2022

2 by TerraPlayer1 »»
Feb 24, 2023 1:07 PM

» Are season 2 and 3 worth seeing at all?

WildCardBevin - Nov 8, 2021

9 by fatbastard69 »»
Jun 11, 2022 3:15 PM

» Why's this a movie now?

haydenluvsanime - Oct 14, 2018

15 by -Names »»
Apr 21, 2022 6:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.