Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2016 7:32 AM

Oct 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
F***ING AWESOME.

Best Battle in a long time and it was intense all the way through.

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
May 5, 2016 10:25 AM

Dec 2009
Great battle! Enjoyed it till the battle ended. The bond with Ash and Greninja has gotten better with mastering Ash-Greninja.
May 5, 2016 12:55 PM
Aug 2015
That was simply epic! That last Water Shuriken vs Shadow Ball clash gave me shivers. I see this battle as being the kind of thing that gets people back into watching Pokemon.
May 5, 2016 2:19 PM
Nov 2014
Just amazing. Its pretty clear at this point that XY-XY&Z is on another level compared to the previous seasons.
May 5, 2016 7:12 PM

Dec 2013
OMG this is on another level, shit!
May 5, 2016 9:33 PM

Jul 2013
Brilliant episode.
I've rewatched it over and over so many times now

5/5

I'm kinda expecting the same thing to happen in the next 2 episodes against Shota and Wulfric.
May 6, 2016 2:08 AM

Apr 2015
I got so many things to say about this episode. So many first time scene.

Is this the first time where a :
champion went and meet a gym leader?
champion declares a battle to ash? (Usually a trainer declares a battle to the champion)
ash's greninja nearly beat gardevoir? (Ash has never come close to even hurting a champion's pokemon before and this time greninja managed to damaged gardevoir to the red bar)

Ash better win the league or in the top 3 or something.

Team rocket wanted to steal gardevoir but needed it to be damaged in order to do so. So......team rocket actually thought that ash's greninja can hurt a champion's pokemon. Hmm
May 6, 2016 2:32 AM

Apr 2015
There seems to be a scene that is missing. There should be an extra scene with the champion wearing her superstar outfit with gardevoir.

Just like last week episode, i didn't see the "poke TV" scene.

https://twitter.com/coupe_punch98/status/728174461719969792
Eluko-chanMay 6, 2016 2:45 AM
May 7, 2016 4:45 PM

May 2009
Did Ash really almost beat the champion? He was about to give the final blow. FORREAL

This ATLEAST deserves an 8 avarage on MAL, just because of this goddamned episode.
May 13, 2016 3:02 PM
Dec 2009
Awesome battle! This season really has some great animation and battles.
May 30, 2016 9:13 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
This
Fantastic battle that's all I can say.You can interpret however you want but to me Ash won the battle despite losing control at the end.

Btw they took out Chibi Ash in the preview for next episode and replaced it with Magearna, hype for the movie.

May 30, 2016 10:21 PM

Jun 2014
When Greninja transformed, I literally gasped out loud. What an amazing battle! Shame they couldn't hold out for a little bit longer, because they had the Champion beat. What an amazing battle, really shows Ash's growth! Although now I know what's going to happen in the next two episodes, this episode's growth will pale in comparison.
May 31, 2016 8:32 AM

Jul 2008
blitzsparkz said:
I got so many things to say about this episode. So many first time scene.

Is this the first time where a :
champion went and meet a gym leader?
Brock & Cilan met Chyntia and Misty was still part of the team when they met with Lance
champion declares a battle to ash? (Usually a trainer declares a battle to the champion)
Yes, Paul fought Cynthia, Shooti fought Alder, Alain got Steven.
Ash however did face and met a few Elite 4 members

ash's greninja nearly beat gardevoir? (Ash has never come close to even hurting a champion's pokemon before and this time greninja managed to damaged gardevoir to the red bar)
To be fair though, Gardevoir could have ended the match before the henshin.
Carne was clearly testing Ash. However! She did become serious during the fight and was clearly struggeling (TWO! Reflects in a row) whilst actively competing. So the battle was more complex than what a lot of people are giving it.

Ash better win the league or in the top 3 or something.

Team rocket wanted to steal gardevoir but needed it to be damaged in order to do so. So......team rocket actually thought that ash's greninja can hurt a champion's pokemon. Hmm

They know how strong Ash's pokemon are, besides, better bet when at least one of them is down than to attack both Carne and Ash at the same time, ya know.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
May 31, 2016 6:49 PM

Aug 2008
I guess Greninja is now Ash strongest Pokemon.Is this the first time Ash actually push a champion into a corner? Could this be the year Ash finally won the league?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 15, 2016 8:32 PM

Nov 2014
We finally get to see Ash-Greninja outside its water vortex! And I'm glad Team Rocket didn't interrupt the battle this time like usual. I hope in the Sun/Moon series the battles stay intense. Too bad he probably won't take Greninja to Alola because it wouldn't follow his usual pattern of starting over with just Pikachu. =(
And yeah he took Aipom to Sinnoh but only because it was going to evolve eventually so it's different.
Sep 29, 2016 2:22 PM

Jul 2013
Wow! Ash/Greninja was awesome against Diantha and they nearly won until they both fainted from I can only guess, too much excitement or something lol.

Such an intense and awesome battle!

Team Rocket turned up after Ash fainted and were awesome!

Diantha knows about the crisis now and Ash and Greninja's role in it ... and Zygarde! will Greninja stay behind to protect Kalos? is that why they will say he won't be in the next season? I wonder.

Lysandre at the end! evil!

I wonder if Ash will win the champion league thing!
stephtastropheSep 29, 2016 2:30 PM
Nov 6, 2016 10:19 PM

Dec 2012
Carne and Gojika return, but the best part was seeing Sheryl even though it was just a flashback. I wish we got to see her in person.

HOLY SHIT! BEST BATTLE IN XYZ SO FAR! XYZ instrumental playing during the battle made it even better!

FUCKING SAKUGA!

That first Iaigiri after the intermission with Gekkouga running faster than Sonic was so badass! Then Satoshi telling Gekkouga to use Mizu Shuriken and they did it in synch smacking their legs and then throwing it.

Favorite part:

Carne: Shadow Ball!

Satoshi: Tsubame Gaeshi! *Gekkouga cuts the Shadow Ball in half*

Gekkouga: Kou-ga Kou-ga Ge-KOU!

Satoshi: Motto...Motto, motto tsuyoku!

Gekkouga: KOUGA!!!!! *Gekkouga flys in sky with Mizu Shuriken kite then dives*

Satoshi: Gekkouga! Mizu Shuriken! *Gekkouga throws it*

Carne: Shadow Ball! *Shadow Ball and Mizu Shuriken clash*

Satoshi: IKE! *Mizu Shuriken cuts right through and hits Mega Sirknight*

Best battle(not counting Mega Evolution) since Satoshi vs Gojika when Volt started playing.

I thought Satoshi and Gekkouga were about to Limit Over Accel Synchro.

LMAO at Rocket Gang saying Muda! Muda! Muda!

I haven't been this hyped about Pocket Monsters since Joto-chiho ended and that was over a decade ago. This is truly the series I've been waiting for.
RobNov 6, 2016 11:35 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 23, 2016 3:57 AM

Nov 2014
Damn! To think ash capable to push the Champion into the corner is amazing feat by itself, considering in the previous generation, he barely scratch any of Elite 4 pokemon.. The battle was intense and entertaining indeed.. Wonder how far Ash can make it in the Kalos League? Now if only Greninja start to learn a better moves, it would be great..

5/5
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 9 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 24, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 7 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 10, 2015

14 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 5 Discussion

-Koga- - Nov 27, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 25, 9:07 AM

» Can I watch this as a standalone?

Nemersis - Jan 22

34 by Nemersis »»
Mar 7, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 3 Discussion

StarryWindy - Nov 12, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 6, 6:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.