Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2016 7:17 AM

Oct 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another fantastic episode.

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
Apr 21, 2016 5:47 PM

Dec 2013
That moment when Ash feints lol Pokemon has indeed change.
Apr 23, 2016 9:48 PM

Dec 2009
Nice episode. Ash still needs more training with Greninja in order to master Ash Greninja. I just noticed the foreshadowing from the opening is very similar to the nightmare that Ash had after he fainted from the battle against Alain.
May 12, 2016 4:22 PM
Dec 2009
Good episode for people who want to see Satoshi acting like a real trainer. But the last episode was cuter/more fun, haha.
May 22, 2016 9:22 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I wonder if we'll see Synchro evolution in Gen 7.

Metang vs Onvern was ok, I thought Onvern would get a win here but Metang sure put up a fight. It's tough Steel body sure gave it that advantage.

Nice to see Luxray back in action. Electric Terrain is one of my favorite Electric moves, the animation looks so flashy and impressive. How will Ash master the Ash Greninja form remains to be seen. Maybe they will perform some test. The battle itself was great, maybe a bit too much Cut imo. Other than that solid episode.

May 23, 2016 9:36 PM

Sep 2009
Greninja needs a better moveset. Only decent move it has is Aerial Ace. Other than that, the matches were fun and this was an actual good episode.
May 24, 2016 10:22 AM

Dec 2014
I'm guessing synchronizing is more raw (for lack of a better word) and drains the body more while mega evolution through stones is more filtered and easier on the trainers body.

Really cool episode just wish Greninja would get some better moves.
May 24, 2016 12:48 PM
Jan 2015
I just hope Greninja's moveset will be

Water Shuriken

Night Slash

Hydro Pump

Shadow Sneak/Cut
Shadow
Jul 9, 2016 12:53 AM
Mar 2016
My thoughts are with the rest. Cut, aerial ace, cut, aerial ace... like seriously? Poor thing does not even have a proper water move (IMO water shuriken is pretty underwhelming?). Other than that, I'd wish that they actually show Greninja when it transforms instead of hiding it inside the twister...
Jul 30, 2016 9:51 AM
Mar 2015
MiniiNinja said:
I just hope Greninja's moveset will be

Water Shuriken

Night Slash

Hydro Pump

Shadow Sneak/Cut

SO basically go with his Smash moveset.
Sep 16, 2016 8:52 AM

Jul 2013
Alain was back finally! I thought he was gonna be travelling with them for a bit this season but nope, I'm disappointed! he should be in it more!

I love Alain and his awesome Mega Charizard! both are sexy lol ;)

Also Ash and Greninja again fighting and becoming one! exciting!!!

Alain's friend shown again too in a video!
Oct 25, 2016 10:33 AM

Dec 2014
Ash why the hell would your Greninja have cut. At least have a stab move like Night Slash or Dark Pulse other than a weak ass water shuriken.
Oct 29, 2016 6:09 AM

Nov 2014
Agree with the rest about Greninja should learn a better move.. I kinda understand for the choice of water shuriken (it's signature move) and aerial ace (good for countering grass type).. I just hope the double team and cut will get switch with some pretty nice dark and water type move..

For the episode itself, it's a great episode after awhile.. Always nice to see Ash vs Alan and i thought Noivern can won the battle against Metang, guess i were wrong.. Anyway, an entertaining episode and looking forward to see the next ones..

5/5
Izanagi777Oct 29, 2016 8:10 AM
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Nov 6, 2016 9:14 PM

Dec 2012
Rentorar appearance!

Satoshi(Bakura) and Alan(Yuya) meet again.

I agree with Pikachu. I was pissed off that Satoshi didn't choose him. I wanted to see some Jewmanbolto's.

Alan(Yuya) figures out that Satoshi(Bakura) is using Synchro.

Alan has more Pokemon? All this time I thought Lizardon was his only aibou.

Odd Eyes Lizardon Dragon X returns.

They played XYZ again as expected. Yes! Still hoping for the return of Volt.

Satoshi's tuning with Gekkouga started acting up, which made him faint.

The scene in the OP makes sense now.

Satoshi wants to become Gekkouga? Well, he did become a Pikachu so it should be alright.

Alan is still in the lead over Satoshi.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 9 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 24, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 7 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 10, 2015

14 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 5 Discussion

-Koga- - Nov 27, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 25, 9:07 AM

» Can I watch this as a standalone?

Nemersis - Jan 22

34 by Nemersis »»
Mar 7, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 3 Discussion

StarryWindy - Nov 12, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 6, 6:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.