Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 9, 2016 11:39 AM

Sep 2014
Better then EP1 but the art still feels wrong..
Also.. why the bad jokes? Is this comedy? no..
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 9, 2016 2:23 PM
Jul 2011
NSD said:
Welp, first ep wasn't april's fool joke. S2 is the real garbage now.

Basically this, so far with these 2 episodes. It'll take a miracle to pull this around. The fight at the end was pretty janky too, like barely showing the hits connect with all the quick snap camera shifts but still trying to show how brutal piercing a hole through someone face would be without it being "over the top". S2 feels so restrained.

Only real good part is that they gave Michelle back her toned body back unlike that generic body from episode 1. Though chances are they'll probably forget it in the next fanservice scene. Michelle also feels like she is starting to get the Misaka (Attack on Titan) syndrome the way she is fangirling over Akari now.

The roaches went from some of the most threatneing to just generic cannon fodder now. S1 was like the difficulty was on Dante Must Die mode now it's like on Easy-Auto.
Apr 9, 2016 3:38 PM

Apr 2011
I barely knew what was going on in this episode because the bad humor and chibi faces were so distracting. This is supposed to be a dark space horror, come on. How exactly did they believe this would have attracted a bigger audience? They just lost their season one audience entirely.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Apr 9, 2016 3:41 PM

Jan 2015
I was tired when i watched the ep so could someone explain this traitor thing. I didnt get why did they do that, and what Lui ment by the 9billion on earth cant be the same as the 100 on anx1 or sth.
Apr 9, 2016 5:41 PM

Jun 2014
I quite disliked the first episode probably due to the "shock" that they've changed everything but once you get used to the new animation it's not that bad , still not as enjoyable as season 1's been but it's making progress .
The thing that's really surprising so far , is the cockroaches , they were a big thread in season 1 , killing 1 was really tough and now they're killing Dozens like it's no big deal .
Apr 9, 2016 5:53 PM

Jul 2015
I love the opening, yup i love the opening, i guess i'll give the show 1 for the opening, so overall score 1/10, yeah pretty good show.............

Seriously i love the manga and i tough the first season was a fairly good adaptation, but wtf is this, there is no word to explain how much they fucked this up, this is garbage at it's finest, so disappointed......
Apr 9, 2016 6:38 PM

Oct 2013
Barely remember the first season tbh, it was nothing special so I don't mind the changes much though I definitely agree it's a shame the gore is gone.
I'm mostly annoyed by the info popups that aren't shown long enough, freaking hate having to pause to read extra shizzle, at least keep the subs of it longer on the screen fgs.
Apr 10, 2016 12:39 PM

Feb 2008
Evil Chinese.

Still having a hard time coming to terms with the drastic shift from season one to two.
Apr 10, 2016 1:49 PM
Apr 2014
I guess this was better than the first episode. Still it can't compete with the battle scenes of the first season. The art style still doesn't fit either.

And this felt way too easy/fast. Whats with the guy with MARS ranking #1? At the end of the first season they made a big thing out of it and now nothing. Same for the revelation of the traitors. They wouldn't tell us in the first season and now two episodes in "Oh it was the Chinese guys btw".

At least they tuned down the comedy. Maybe I can at least finish the story like this. Although I'd probably get more out of reading the manga by now.
Apr 10, 2016 7:52 PM

Jan 2011
I'm tapping out. S1 was bad but this is awful.
Apr 10, 2016 9:22 PM

Mar 2011
I applaud the trolls for voting the max score in each episode so far..lol. Their endless effort will not be forgotten! Terraformers season 2, the only anime in the world where trolling the rate system is not rating it "1" but rather doing the opposite xD
Apr 10, 2016 11:47 PM
Sep 2012
Those chibis gags are stupid... i gonna stick with the manga, i loved the first season, but the second is so boring. Everything on the manga and on the first season (yeah, watched uncensored) was orgasmic.
Apr 10, 2016 11:53 PM

Dec 2012
Better than the first, the battles were decent and the story become really interesting
Apr 11, 2016 10:14 AM

Apr 2008
Looks like we got some guys off the train after the first ep. This ep improved things, and Shokichi is still my dude. The fighting has some extra umph to it. And we got abs yeah!

Adolf can never catch a break. Cheated on, stoned, and then poisoned by noodles. Glad to see him though!

"Dark to comedy" change is still odd. I kind of like Michelle being a jerk to the guys. 2nd thought, she always was a tsundere, and its just spotlighted a bit more with this extra bits of comedic tone.

Manga-wise, there is SOME comedy. A little subtle, none of the gag bubbles (?), but the faces can look silly (even Liu!). Hong, Michelle, and Hizamaru especially. A little disappointed by lack of Sheila talk and Alex.

We have potential.
shakeyourpup45Apr 11, 2016 5:05 PM
Apr 12, 2016 2:41 AM

Jan 2011
Still not a big fan of the changed animation. Those chibi emoticons maybe amusing, but implement them in such a series? Although I'm still curious where the plot will lead us. Now we know, who's fault the ambush in the 2nd episode of the 1st season was. Wicked. Besides that the "sparring" scene Komachi vs Liu was nice to watch. He finally gets a beating.
RaffApr 12, 2016 2:47 AM

Apr 12, 2016 10:26 AM

Apr 2012
Better than episode 1? Very much so.

Anywhere near the level of season 1? Not at all.

But at least this was tolerable.
Apr 13, 2016 7:50 AM

Feb 2012
Watched all of S1 UNC between yesterday and this morning.
And followed immediately with this.
What a terrible contrast :/
Apr 13, 2016 9:37 PM

May 2015
still ok, but is this terra formars? i can't believe this shit
Apr 14, 2016 4:59 PM
Dec 2014
OmniKaiser said:
Watched all of S1 UNC between yesterday and this morning.
And followed immediately with this.
What a terrible contrast :/

I did same but when first episode came out and holy shit my eyes burned I mean damn season 1 uncencored aside from the super fast pacing and missing parts of manga if u read the manga then watched season 1 uncencored it's dope but this is a kids show now I don't see how a season 3 could ever be made this will prolly go down in history as one of the worst second seasons in anime history not even the movie can save it thankfully the manga is a good read
Apr 14, 2016 10:04 PM
Apr 2016
I needed to talk about this somewhere so I signed up for these forums.

I just watched the first season and the first episode of the second season.

It was so hard trying to watch it, and from what you guys are saying about the second episode im on the point of abandoning the entire show.

Of all the years I've watched anime, I have never seen such a drastic change in tone and style of a show. I don't expect an uncensored version to come out because it is clear they intentionally changed the show to fit a different audience. It very much is like a shonen, which I love. But you don't take an existing series that is still developing for a mature audience and decide you want it to be for children.

The art style isn't bad, it works for a lot of shows, but the previous style was a more realistic take which has been done many times before and worked great for the first season. It set the gritty dark tone of the series. However the new style is bright and colorful and it doesn't surprise me that they put the bubbles and brighter comedy in.

The toned down violence and gore also takes away from the mood. We should of seen crunching shells and far more gore on both sides.

They changed scenes from the first season too. Apparently dark brooding rainy days don't exist in season 2!

And why did Sheila's friends completely forget her? She literally just died!

Also signing up for this site is weird. The password length and complexity is harder to make than fort knox. My work place requires strong passwords and trust me the length and complexity requirements are ridiculous, at least provide the requirements on the sign up page.
Apr 15, 2016 11:00 PM

May 2015
I don't mind the chibiness, but I find it unnecessary given that the anime already has enough comedy.

Apr 16, 2016 9:37 AM

Jun 2013
Forced humor, like someone mentioned before, is the best way to describe all the unusual kawaii-ness some characters are trying and miserably failed to convey. I guess they want to appeal to a wider audience by making their characters... likable? The chibi bubbles makes me cringe every time.
臭い-
Apr 17, 2016 12:41 PM

Oct 2008
Then suddenly on the 2nd half, it was pure intense!
Traitor making the show more complicated, but more entertaining and interesting...
still so many hate with regards to the animation budget...
4/5.

Apr 17, 2016 9:55 PM

May 2014
Personally this episode was good. The art and animation feels okay imo and it's not as bad as people make it seem to be... OP kinda grows already on me and the ED song is one of the best this season too
Apr 22, 2016 11:02 AM
Sep 2014
jose21 said:
This is bad... I hate some of the forced humor on this season.
I miss so much the darker tone that had the first season.
WTF previous episode Michelle had no abs, on this one she got abs again Ok it was a flashback, so I guess she doesn't have abs anymore????... I am confused

I bet because the past one was a bath scene and they didnt want to show her abs on it
May 22, 2016 7:33 PM

Nov 2015
And they keep fighting..

May 25, 2016 7:07 AM

Apr 2014
It was better but still poor. What sucks is there is probably a cool story there about a political conspiracy with the military industrial complex but that show was 80% grating to watch. I think I will become a manga guy, in regards to this show. Simply because I liked the first season so much
Jun 27, 2016 3:35 AM

Mar 2015
Traitors among the team, nice twist
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 4, 2016 4:12 AM

May 2012
Decent second episode, a bit too much of the same I'd say though.
Nov 1, 2016 7:38 AM

Jul 2013
The fight was short they should've at least made the animation better. This freaking sucks.
Dec 4, 2016 5:10 PM

Aug 2014
Seeing my nigga Adolf again was easily the best part of this episode.
Dec 14, 2016 12:12 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Second episode, and be revelated the traitors, the chinese? always are the chinese!!! :)

This second episode don´t have the darker athmosphere :(
Dec 16, 2016 1:21 PM
Feb 2015
damn that thing is so op glad we got some new weapons
Dec 30, 2016 12:19 AM

Dec 2012
At least the end fight was better than everything in episode 1. They were at rock bottom so they could only go up from there.

Michelle F. Baby's abs have returned.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 16, 2021 10:06 PM

Mar 2020
Still can't believe how shit this is compared to the first season
Subscribe to my Youtube : Rosvl Studio

I post Skits, Fingerstyle about Anime, F1 and many more :)

Link In My Profile!!
Mar 30, 9:15 AM

Dec 2022
The "tension" is far too imitative and deliberate in delivery, with many characters essentially being reduced to shallow caricatures that mouth off stock action series phrases while looking stern. That natural, subtle dread the last series instilled without consciously putting on a dramatic performance is still absent.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2016

90 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

35 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 5:42 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

34 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2016

32 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 27, 2016

32 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 2:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.