Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 16, 2016 7:00 PM

Sep 2013
Am I the only who can't stop watching the finale??
May 25, 2016 8:39 AM
Oct 2011
Amazing, 9/10, the best Gundam series since 00. I honestly did not expect anything when I first heard the name, it sounded like another kids show like Build Fighters. Well it damn right wasn't. I just don't think the earth arc was as well done as rest of the show(in terms of plot twists and epicness). Ein's character was also a bit too one-dimensional IMO. Had they done the earth arc and Ein better I would've definitely given 10/10.
Jun 12, 2016 1:02 AM
Nov 2012
Only Gundam series for me to rival Gundam Wing. Slowed down at moments without the gravity to make the payoff but all in all remarkably mature gundam show.

Excited for a season 2. World better than Destiny, 00 and that shit.

aaah Season 2 looks juicy. Love the balance and tension they still manage to keep. WWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII incoming.

edit: Agreed though. The show really would have shown some gut if they had kept all the hinted kills in episode 24. Painful and clears the deck a bit but puts some real meat to the desperation and price paid.
TienzJun 12, 2016 1:13 AM
Jul 4, 2016 1:56 AM

May 2012
My first Gundam series and it was pretty damn good. Mikazuki is a badass protagonist in battle and out and manages to be powerful without coming off as overpowered. McGillis is a great villain too.

The one thing that annoyed me about it was the cop out on the three who got wrecked by Ein in episode 24. Even worse than all three surviving, their injuries all look fairly minor when you see them bandaged up. Also, this might be weird, but am I the only one who found Orga's out of place forehead spike really distracting? It just looked unnatural, which is really saying something as far as anime goes.

Anyway, looking forward to S2, will watch Gundam 00 in the meantime. 8/10
gettogaaraJul 10, 2016 5:54 AM
Jul 29, 2016 2:10 PM
Sep 2011
Ugh the battle look like a street fight lol, there is no scifi about it at all, by using every melee posible weapon yup very disappointed with the action scene

Overall the worst gundam that i watch tho i only watch 00 and unicorn
Aug 13, 2016 1:38 PM

Jan 2008
I honestly yelled out "THANK YOU!" then Mika finalyy shut that annoying cyborg's mouth. He'd been annoying me all season with his holier then you attitude. Glad he's finally dead, I hope for good.
Sep 12, 2016 8:33 PM
Sep 2010
Roy_Focker said:

McGillis is not to trust you hear that Tekkadan… He was/is the true villain Bastard, he sacrificed a woman that he knew was in love with him and uses her like a pawn in a game of chess to protect the King (himself) not only that he kills his only friend/best friend (he confirmed that by his own words to Gali Gali farewell speech) and them he poker face his fiancée Almiria (Gali Gali sister) like it was nothing. Damn, Son! Hope she figure this out and take him down in the future it would be poetic justice…

Well if you put it like that, I think I'm actually rooting for McGillis. Gali was annoying and so were the woman and that revenge crazed soldier. All three were throwaway characters honestly so they're not really missed. Besides, McGillis promised to make Almiria happy so that's another plus points towards his character.

He's not THAT bad right?
Sep 28, 2016 3:02 AM
Jan 2011
Tienz said:
Only Gundam series for me to rival Gundam Wing. Slowed down at moments without the gravity to make the payoff but all in all remarkably mature gundam show.

Excited for a season 2. World better than Destiny, 00 and that shit.

This ^

I haven't liked a Gundam this much since Wing (well except Unicorn but that doesn't count since it's a UC)
Oct 9, 2016 9:43 AM

May 2015
This was my first Gundam series completed and it was pretty much as I expected it to be. I liked McGuillis betrayal but I think Azee and Lafter should have died for the series to be a bit more serious and consistent.

It is a solid 7 for me and much of that is because I liked the Mika a lot both in design and characterization.
zalOct 9, 2016 10:02 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2016 2:13 PM

Jan 2011
I don't understand why he didn't simply kill his father. Surely he could have arranged for that, given how crafty he is. Would be the shortest path to power, and at the same time fix what is probably the biggest single thing that is wrong with Gjallarhorn.

Apparently it's better to kill his most likely supporters, both within and outside of Gjallarhorn.

The final verdict on McGillis has to wait for season 2 at least, but somehow he doesn't strike me as being really true to his words.

Not sure about everyone surviving in the end. On one hand it's nice of course, but really, all three? Without even serious wounds? They at least could have one being wounded more seriously and e.g. considering recovering/staying on Mars with Biscuits family or so.

Besides that, quite nice. Especially the "i don't care" attitude Tekkadan has about the platitudes of their enemies. Talking is *not* a free action, and survival is more important than chivalry or whatever you want to call it.
Oct 29, 2016 12:48 PM

Sep 2015
I knew this episode was gonna be epic when I heard the opening theme song playing at the start of Mika's & Ein's battle.

Mission Success : Mr.Makanai Made It.

Rip Gali Gali, at least McGillis considered you his only friend but I'm sad for Carta as she loved him and her life was taken. I hope McGillis keeps his promise with making Gali Gali's sister happy.

Darn Shino's alive, thought he was dead man...
Add to that Omg Lafter and Azee are alive too! I'm so glad.

Congrats Mika & rip Ein. I feel like Mika is gonna pay soemthing for that sudden power he gained , maybe destroy his body slowly or lose life force? Idk. Dam his eye is damaged and his arm is forever busted. At least his harem family might happen just like Naze's.

First job completed :3 I hope next season will still feature a lot of Kudelia.
Nov 6, 2016 10:27 PM

May 2008
This series overall has way too much angst, took me a whole year to finish watching on and off. 7/10 for me overall. There were a lot of interesting moments but the show felt a bit too lacking for me.
Dec 9, 2016 9:35 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Happy end for this first season, with the bases a new world order setting!!! Tekkadan, Aina, corrupt politics and all mafia, everyone wants the best for himself!!!!

a little violent this season, with blood, and the theme plot of war´s children....nice although a little light in the general plot...

...7/10.
Dec 26, 2016 10:48 PM

Apr 2013
My friends introduced me to this series two weeks ago. I never realized how much I needed to watch giant robots kill each other.

8/10 way too psyched to start the next season.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Dec 30, 2016 7:25 PM

Mar 2012
Apart from horrid character designs, the show was pretty good, until the 2nd half where it got incredibly boring...kept up with it on Toonami for the longest of time, stopped watching weekly and honestly struggled to finish the last 4 episodes out over the last couple weeks. The second half boredom rivals that of the first 20 episodes of ZZ to me.

Good backstory, interesting developments, horrible pacing and execution. I don't intend to jump into the second season anytime soon though...which is a shame. I'd give this season a 6.5, but a 6 will have to do.

Maybe this will be the opposite of 00, instead of starting out great and progressing into shit, it'll be meh first and far better in the 2nd half.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jan 6, 2017 7:13 AM

Oct 2012
Really loved the series. Man, those Tekkadan are good at staying alive :)
I thought McGillis was fighting the good fight but now I'm not so sure. I mean what a heartless bastard.
Orga makes a for a great leader.
Mar 13, 2017 2:59 AM

Jul 2012
Wow, McGillis telling Gaelio that he can guarantee his sister's happiness before killing him and then conforting his sister about his death. He's so fucked up, but it makes me so much more interested in his character and what he'll do in this next season 😳
Mar 19, 2017 3:21 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Ando- said:
Wow, McGillis telling Gaelio that he can guarantee his sister's happiness before killing him and then conforting his sister about his death. He's so fucked up, but it makes me so much more interested in his character and what he'll do in this next season 😳

Yeah, that is where I felt pity and compassion for Gaelio there, I was surprised with McGillis, he is even more ruthless than Mika.

The fights were great, yes they arent right, but this is the only path they could have taken, I really enjoy how the showed handled morals, not being imprisioned by them.
9 for me, cant wait for S2.
Apr 5, 2017 2:37 AM

Oct 2015
That was the best mecha i have watched this year, but it was more about Kudelia than Tekkadan.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 8, 2017 1:07 PM

Oct 2013
I love the cold hearted version of McGillis, he killed Gaelio and take her sister, dude just went full netorare on Gaelio, what a character development there.

So Mika is partly blind and paralyzed ? that's a bummer, well at least he didn't die, yet, lols

Kinda hoping for Orga x Merribit moments, hopefully i get to see some of it in the 2nd season. Pretty fun series altough some parts are boring, much talking.

Overall score 8/10
Jun 13, 2017 7:35 AM

Apr 2009
To be honest I really had a hard time finishing this show.

00 is still the last amazing Gundam that came out recently.

5/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2017 10:47 AM

Jul 2017
GhostofSide6 said:
...Eh. I expected much more.
So for a while now they'd been building up the whole revenge thing. All the kids were talking about revenge. So, out pops up a guy whose only motivation is revenge, he attacks some named characters and heavily wounds them. Perfect, right? We can show the effects of the cycle of revenge! But no, they're actually just fine and dandy. Out the window that aspect goes.

The children that had been emotionally wounded by all this war stuff? Who craved only vengeance? They're fiiiine.
"they're still brats lmao"

McGillis was a huge asshole, hopefully we get to see his comeuppance next season. He was interesting. Mika, however, wasn't. Hopefully next season we get to actually see Mika have emotions instead of everyone just going "no you guys hes totally developing emotions i swear".

Yeah I agree. The end was actually kind of a letdown. It seemed cheap to me to basically show those characters die only to have them be totally fine. Mika ended up pretty fucked up, which really freaks me out. And yeah McGillis is a shithead. His goals are sort of good, but he used everybody for his personal gain; they died for it without even knowing. Also he was totally creepy with that little girl in this episode.

It was good, but I really think the end didn't live up to the rest of the series.
Oct 2, 2017 7:25 AM

Jun 2008
Solid show really. It had some weakness and few stupid moments here and there, like all Gundams really but all in a all it was a decent watch and a lot more engaging that lot's of other shows so is something i had fun watching and i will rate pretty decently.

Can't wait to see lolicon Chocolate man development now that he got what he wanted and whether he will be the villain next season.

He really was more of sociopath than Mika ever was by killing his best friend coldly like that.

What i want to comment that no one seems to have taken noticed is the political implication of Kudelia achieving her dream. It seems the 4 economic blocks lost their trust in Gjallarhorn after all this fighting and are now building up their own armies more intensely.

Gjallarhorn may have been corrupted and ruled threw shutting down voices but it was holding down the economic blocks in check and from fighting. After losing status and influence and trust like this it can't hold them from starting a new war between them.
Those rich guys at the end talking about it, probably like the prospect of making money of wars etc.
S2 may be a season with the economic blocks fighting each other and earth peace being shattered while Gjallarhorn will be too weak to stop any of that.

Lastly i have to ask how come Tekkadan is going back to Mars? They got a contract proposal with Arbrau to become military advisors now that economic blocks are more focused on building up their armies. That is one huuuge contract that can ensure them having a nice life in the more rich earth while making Tekkadan a big military service company were the original members can keep high positions in while hiring new personnel.
So why the hell are the packing for Mars? I don't really get that.

PapaGreg said:
Psycho_Shin_Ken said:
I felt most battles one-sided, Gjallarhorn was just a punchbag, Tekkadan lost only Biscuit, the ending was a bit too happy for my taste.Well, let's see if season 2 kill some more of these space rats.

This, it was a good season but I was hoping at least Shino or Lafter would bite the dust but oh well this is a good series, a 7/10 imo

Shino maybe but the girls dying would be stupid and no is not because they make my dick hard but because they weren't really part of them. They were just in the background helping so making a sacrifice out of them will just seem like killing the background actors to pretend you have deaths.
A guy like Biscuit dying has a lot more meaning and if at the ending you tried to top that, then it certainly isn't by killing them. Their death will be very pointless and offer nothing to an impressive ending.

MonadOct 2, 2017 8:33 AM
Feb 16, 2018 8:14 AM
Jan 2018
I loved the show but man, the ending felt kinda like a cop out just to set up season 2. I was expecting one fake death since Norba's looked hinted but nah, Everyone with a name is just alive now because we need fodder for the next season still. It just seems like they pull their punches unless the death will somehow progress the plot. (Not that I wanted the characters to die, it's just it feels cheap to set it up then go "Xd I was kidding")

Ein, Gaelio and Carta all get killed off so now that moral gray in the conflict where each side seems both good and bad and under different circumstances would've probably worked together, is gone because we're only left with the main big bad McGillis now.

The last thing that really annoyed me was just the emotional flex tape they seem to have. Ride is a good example of this. Left bleeding out on the bridge, we see he was saved and is missing his arm. Any Trauma from that recent event? Nah just comes out laughing and joking. Seems perfectly fine with his new circumstances and so is everyone else with going back on another job after a taking close to, if not the most losses they have to date and after ending a job that correct me if I'm wrong was supposed to be a job that meant they wouldn't need to take any more.
Dec 18, 2018 1:37 AM

Nov 2011
This was my first Gundam anime and unfortunately, I wasn't impressed. I actually liked the start when they were still on Mars and trying to gain control of CGS, but once they got to space, something broke.

The political landscape was just not engaging and too complicated a times, having sat through the whole show I'm still not 100% sure what Kudelia was trying to do. Characters were too one dimensional and no development, I know there's a S2 but just don't care enough to watch.

I'm sure there are better Gundam shows out there but for a start this was probably not the best option. 6.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 21, 2019 5:37 PM

Dec 2012
Shino is still alive.
McGillis reveals himself.
Makanai arrives.
Gaelio is dead.
Oh shit! Mikazuki's eye.
Kudelia speaks.
Azee and Lafter are alive.
Mikazuki killed Ein.
Makanai has been re-elected.
Dat wig.
McGillis talks to Iznario.
Todo. The right hand man?
Naze hugs his harem.
Mikazuki can't see out his right eye clearly. His hand is busted.
Atra and Kudelia consoling Mikazuki.
Dat ending. Home to Mars.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 3, 2019 7:27 PM

Jan 2019
Not a terrible show, but not among the best gundams tbh. I feel the season ending was kind of mehh.
Sadly mika character never saw any sort of development.
Ein was portrayed as really OP antagonist during this episode, he was able to beat several other mobile suits with no problem at all, but in the end he didnt really achieve anything aside from preaching revenge, And as usual just ended up being killed by Mika, like all the others. I guess that at least his mobile suit was cooler than regualar ones...

Perhaps what I don't like about this show compared to other gundam series is that I never really felt any sort of empathy towards Mika and many of the other protagonist, also never felt any sort of tension for his safety. This show is pretty much just Mika being OP and slaughtering everything in his way.
To be honest, I even felt more empathy for some of the antagonist than the main cast, Carta as a good example.
Dec 21, 2021 12:36 PM

May 2018
This was great! First mission success!

Definitely better than Takt OP Trash!
May 30, 2022 4:46 AM

Jul 2016
canephalanx said:
This series overall has way too much angst, took me a whole year to finish watching on and off. 7/10 for me overall. There were a lot of interesting moments but the show felt a bit too lacking for me.

I was abit the same. Too much emotional stuff. Just give me more big robotos punching shit.
Aug 24, 2022 2:00 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
And that wraps a heck of a first job for Tekkadan to close the season!

Ein was honestly annoying the whole time, but he became especially more so in that updated form of his. In the end, it turned out that Orga played a decisive role to awaken Mikazuki during the fight, which is pretty relevant to the origin of their encounter. Losing an arm and an eye in exchange though, that's a hefty payment.

Tekkadan's spirit in not giving up and dying for the greater cause was very inspirational to see. I totally understand Merribit's point of view as well, it could've just gone down as a flop suicide plan had things not panned out the way they did.

Gillis's character is a definitely mystery and the drop of him being the supporter of Tekkadan was well handled. Poor Gaelio and Carta, they were totally played by him. And God, that scene of him consoling Gaelio's little sister was .. yeah, a little uncomfortable.

Little bromance scene between Orga and Naze-san at the end there was nice to see!

All in all, it was a solid season, in my opinion. I left things on hold midway for a bit and didn't get back to it until yesterday. 7/10

Going to miss the 2nd Op too, that set the tone of the episodes really well.
_MushiRock11_Aug 27, 2022 10:18 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 12, 2022 7:54 AM

Apr 2020
Raise your flaaaaaaaaag! Goddamn that first OP is a banger.
Sadly the show isn't a masterpiece to back it up.
It felt a bit slow in some parts and the characters while being good they are very forgettable but it's still a good watch overall.
I just hope the S2 is better.
7/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Oct 22, 2022 12:04 PM
Feb 2021
Goated first season
Mar 15, 2023 11:44 PM
Aug 2021
Man I gotta tell ya, It was a ride.
Apr 21, 2023 9:31 PM
Apr 2023
amazing, brings backs lots of nostalgia.
Apr 21, 2023 9:31 PM
Apr 2023
amazing, brings backs lots of nostalgia.
May 17, 2023 10:04 AM
Apr 2023
Truly rewired my brain.
May 27, 2023 12:05 PM

Jul 2009
Finally finished this!

I didn't expect that much, but it was actually a solid show!

The deaths reminded me of Zeta Gundam. Just dying out of nowhere :X

One things for sure! I'll be watching Season 2 and more Gundam shows in the future!

This series is probably one of the very few where the male characters actually gets their own harem.

AWW YEAH!

I give it a solid 8-9 tbh! I hope S2 will have more Space Gundam Fights!
Jul 4, 2023 4:04 PM
Jun 2023
A slow progression with dull, cookie-cutter characters using mostly stock phrases eventually turns into something mildly more interesting once all the pieces are on the table around 2/3rds of the way through the season. Unfortunately this makes the ending feel rushed and abrupt. Still, you could do worse if you are just looking for mecha action. Some of the suits feel very over-designed to the point of being difficult to distinguish from one-another, but there are a few standouts.
Jul 24, 2023 12:30 AM

Feb 2019
I'M SO GLAD LAFTER ESPECIALLY BUT ALSO AZEE AND SHINO ARE ALRIGHT

This series has had enough death.

Maybe because I'm rooting for Tekkadan, I felt happy that McGillis killed Bauduin and that Mikazuki ended Ein. Never had much sympathy for them. But damn, McGillis is one cold-hearted guy.

Enjoyed this more than I thought I would. As my first Gundam series (that I didn't drop), this gets a solid 8/10.
Aug 20, 2023 7:52 AM
Apr 2023
Amazing and Sad well done
Oct 4, 2023 12:11 PM

Jul 2016
Chocolate man is absolutely cold. Gaelio didn't deserve that.

Also, I somehow knew they wouldn't have the guts to kill the Turbine girls but can't really complain about them surviving.

Sick season over all. More MCs should really have Mika's "screw the monologue and go for the kill" approach to stuff.
Feb 4, 4:10 AM

Jul 2017
i absolutely adored this first season, totally one of my favorites in the franchise.
i'm glad that lafter and shino were alive, characters don't have to die necessarily to make a good final episode.
i was sad about how gaelio was treated by mcgillis, i hope he survived that fight but i don't think so.
very good animations, cool characters (mostly), good music, great pacing.
a 9.5/10 for me.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Mar 12, 9:23 AM
Sep 2012
good mech battles but convoluted story.
Mar 14, 1:00 AM
Jan 2021
Very good start and first half to a darker type of series
Mar 25, 12:18 AM
Dec 2019
What a brutal series, man. McGillis being a "by any means necessary" villain is a more common archetype than Mikazuki's "by any means necessary" protagonist but they're sort of twins in their insanity. Having Kudelia and Atra rub Mikazuki's head at the end like he's a good lil' boy and not an emotionally damaged murder machine is kinda funny.

This series does a really good job of pointing out not exactly the pointlessness of values but the necessity of being horrible to make things move. Basically everyone that is kind gets crushed and anyone that is good has to get themselves dirty to make anything happen. Kudelia's journey from being a useless nothing to forcing the election of her preferred power broker is a good one too. Compared to all the other female accessory characters Gundam is littered with.

I thought the show was sagging a little bit in the middle but it made the transition from cool child soldier action romp to relentlessly brutal political power struggle quite well. "We have to understand our fellow humans" was the original core message of Gundam as a series so I understand why its rammed into almost every series but its refreshing to have a series that isn't so explicitly about that. I suppose mechanical augmentation is this universe's version of NewType/Coordinator/Innovator but its presented differently and I applaud the show for it.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

176 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Yesterday, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

160 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 24, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

285 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 23, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

128 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.