Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 20, 2016 11:46 AM

Dec 2012
King Kong Gun was beautifully animated
Mar 20, 2016 12:58 PM
Feb 2012
Thank God this arc is nearing its end.
Mar 20, 2016 2:33 PM
Mar 2016
I'm worried guys, Let's face it, Luffy was not strong enough to beat Doflamingo by himself, and I don't think any of Luffy's opponents have died yet. As it seems in this episode, He is going to get buried, and we all know in anime that means he will be back some day probably, More than likely Luffy will be stronger by then but, I almost guarantee this isn't the last of Doflamingo, Even if the birdcage goes away, I'm sure that was taxing him the whole fight, He may be buried under the rubble in a cocoon of sorts, his strings can easily protect him from all that weight, especially if pica recovers, He has already shown himself recovering from incredibly deadly attacks.
Mar 20, 2016 4:01 PM

Aug 2012
thebrentinator24 said:
momochaaa said:
Thank God this arc is over! On to a new adventure for my babies :)

Technically speaking this arc has about 10 more chapters but it's just aftermath/transition stuff.

Finally Doflamingo has been defeated. This day couldn't have come any sooner. The closer we get to the end of this arc, the happier I become.

Ohhh. Okay, I'm just glad all the fighting is over for now; took too long.
Mar 20, 2016 4:07 PM

Feb 2013
Ovhan said:
I'm worried guys, Let's face it, Luffy was not strong enough to beat Doflamingo by himself, and I don't think any of Luffy's opponents have died yet. As it seems in this episode, He is going to get buried, and we all know in anime that means he will be back some day probably, More than likely Luffy will be stronger by then but, I almost guarantee this isn't the last of Doflamingo, Even if the birdcage goes away, I'm sure that was taxing him the whole fight, He may be buried under the rubble in a cocoon of sorts, his strings can easily protect him from all that weight, especially if pica recovers, He has already shown himself recovering from incredibly deadly attacks.

What are you on about?

Doflamingo and his commanders are going straight to Impel Down, and unless there's another prison break, he is staying there and won't bother anyone anymore.

Heck even Jack tried to free Doffy by attacking Sengoku, Tsuru and Issho but got demolished. There is no way the Marines will let such a dangerous criminal like Doffy escape.
Mar 20, 2016 5:44 PM

Nov 2008
[quote=Arcofdream message=45254198]
Ovhan said:

What are you on about?

manga spoiler.../quote]

You really shouldn't post that here...
Mar 20, 2016 6:02 PM

Sep 2011
3/10 Arc. Terrible pacing like always, terrible animation, etc. Glad this shit is over. Just go on hiatus already so this pacing doesn't continue; it's absolutely terrible.
Mar 20, 2016 6:30 PM

Jul 2014
Luffy pumping up his arms reminded me of this

Mar 21, 2016 1:06 AM

Oct 2011
Goodbye Mingo !!!!
Mar 21, 2016 1:43 AM

Mar 2011
Finally it ended, and I guess it was quite epic.

The glasses break, so it must be over this time.

Now I hope for some filler, because what would have been an epic arc was painful to watch. Half a year of filler maybe.. or if possible do a week of filler, then a real episode, then filler... although I guess that would not work xD.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Mar 21, 2016 10:35 AM

Mar 2012
Finally, the most evil bastard is gone!!
Mar 21, 2016 1:34 PM

May 2013
Really meh episode. Im sick, that every fight has to end with 5 mins of "Luffy! Luffy! Go Luffy! You can do it Luffy! LUFFFYYYYYYYYY!!"
The animation was bad again. They could have made the animation better, after all this was the "last hit episode".
The final punch was lame. Another 5 mins of grunting, 0 epicness. In the manga, it was straight to the point. Up to King-Kong, aim, BUMM! No waste of time.

They wasted a huge opportunity to make an epic finish. =/

Arc wise this was a 4/10. Bad pace, animation, and meh story. The positive side, that Doffy was good, and Fujitora is my new fav marine character now. His DF is insane, and personality vise, he is very likeable.

ps.: RIP glasses.
MattuzmkMar 21, 2016 6:22 PM
Mar 21, 2016 3:27 PM

Mar 2014
YASSS FINALLYY

I was waiting for Doflamingo's glasses to break lol
Mar 21, 2016 4:09 PM

Apr 2013
I forgot what happened in the manga for Luffy to beat Doflamingo... So when i saw Luffy blowing air into his left arm again... I felt like an idiot lol. Like... of course he could have just blown more air into his muscles xD

Mar 21, 2016 8:48 PM

Jul 2013
Wow what an ending for this fight. The animation looked absolute fantastic. And Luffys attack was god like and overshadowed almost every other punch I saw in One Piece.^^ But at the same time it's weird, if you watched this arc for so long and now it will end. Another great name is beaten with Don Flamingo.

As a non manga reader I don't know what will come next, but I really looking forward to the new adventures :)

Finally Dressrosa is FREE! <3

Mar 22, 2016 12:14 AM

Jul 2013
Fuck yeah! That was awesome! Not sure if awesome enough to make up for all the shit in this slow-ass arc but whatever.
Mar 22, 2016 5:39 AM

May 2014
Seeing doflamingo defeated like this was empowering. He quickly became one of the best villains I've ever seen and I was rooting with the dressrosa citizens for doffy to lose, as they made doflamingo just more and more evil I'm so happy to see it end and the citizens finally be free of that dude
Mar 22, 2016 2:46 PM

Apr 2009
if only the second half of the this episode was the animation for this arc..
Mar 22, 2016 2:47 PM

Apr 2009
Teufel said:
I was hoping Luffy's winning blow would break Doffy's glasses and we'd get to see his eyes finally. That would've been a neat visual. At least we got the broken glasses.

Not the most impactful victory of Luffy's but it was still pretty good. I know we still have some episodes to go but overall I've really enjoyed this arc. Doflamingo made a fantastic villain and he's now my favorite in One Piece, so it's kind of sad to see him go.

So now the World Government needs to find a new Warlord. I don't know who it will be, but they need to be at least as mighty and charismatic as Buggy the Great.

i loved the arc was just slow.

MattUzumaki said:
Really meh episode. Im sick, that every fight has to end with 5 mins of "Luffy! Luffy! Go Luffy! You can do it Luffy! LUFFFYYYYYYYYY!!"
The animation was bad again. They could have made the animation better, after all this was the "last hit episode".
The final punch was lame. Another 5 mins of grunting, 0 epicness. In the manga, it was straight to the point. Up to King-Kong, aim, BUMM! No waste of time.

They wasted a huge opportunity to make an epic finish. =/

Arc wise this was a 4/10. Bad pace, animation, and meh story. The positive side, that Doffy was good, and Fujitora is my new fav marine character now. His DF is insane, and personality vise, he is very likeable.

ps.: RIP glasses.

Meh story , lmfao and the animation was good not sure what you expected
Tyrel said:
3/10 Arc. Terrible pacing like always, terrible animation, etc. Glad this shit is over. Just go on hiatus already so this pacing doesn't continue; it's absolutely terrible.

or you people can stop watching when you know what the pacing and animation is.. one piece has never had good animation apart from certain fights.

TehWhiteTiger said:
Finally it ended, and I guess it was quite epic.

The glasses break, so it must be over this time.

Now I hope for some filler, because what would have been an epic arc was painful to watch. Half a year of filler maybe.. or if possible do a week of filler, then a real episode, then filler... although I guess that would not work xD.

sadly fillers wont happen , people will just have to get used to it..

Ovhan said:

People dont really die in One Piece , luffy will never kill anyone i dont think and Luffy will get stronger Doffy wont .

Also Doffy wasnt exactly weak im glad it was a tough fight.
AForgottenSoulMar 22, 2016 2:58 PM
Mar 22, 2016 2:56 PM

Sep 2011
@AForgottenSoul

Are we watching the same show? OP was actually decently paced and animated before it hit Punk Hazard. The story was terrible with this pacing. And I ain't reading no manga just so I can get a real piece of what the arc would be like decently paced. It was not that interesting of an arc. The battles in the arena were the best parts. Everything flopped like a fish out of water. Even Punk Hazard wasn't that bad, but this went on forever.
Mar 22, 2016 3:00 PM

Apr 2009
Tyrel said:
@AForgottenSoul

Are we watching the same show? OP was actually decently paced and animated before it hit Punk Hazard. The story was terrible with this pacing. And I ain't reading no manga just so I can get a real piece of what the arc would be like decently paced. It was not that interesting of an arc. The battles in the arena were the best parts. Everything flopped like a fish out of water. Even Punk Hazard wasn't that bad, but this went on forever.
Tyrel said:
@AForgottenSoul

The manga has been super slow as well but people are acting like they just decided to make it slow for no reason , i personally liked this arc and if it was a bit faster would have been one of my best.

I personally hope their is some outrage in japan which causes them to speed it up somewhat.
Mar 22, 2016 11:05 PM

Apr 2014
Tyrel said:
@AForgottenSoul

To be honest, I'm not really sure whether reading a manga will be a good idea or not to enjoy this arc to the fullest because this arc is also really dragged in the manga.

This arc is properly paced at the beginning until the Birdcage started, that's when the pacing went awry (the same case goes for the manga), ton of people running around, Oda trying to gave a quite lot of screen time to character that the fans didn't really care about (Rebecca, ,Dwarves, citizen and a lot more).

The pacing went from bad to worse around the last 20 episode when they didn't even adapt 1 chapter per episode, maybe even TOEI didn't expect this arc to go on for this long but I think they did a decent job at the animation, there are some crappy animation in this arc but at least they always deliver and put some effort when it comes to important scene.
Mar 23, 2016 12:08 AM

Oct 2013
Finally it ends. What a battle.
Mar 23, 2016 7:36 AM

Jul 2014
I really like the symbolism of Doflamingo being an evil god/fallen angel falling to his demise, or the depths of Hell, as I see it.
ColdJesterMar 23, 2016 7:45 AM
Mar 23, 2016 7:58 AM

Jan 2012
man that was some intense episode , the new king kong punch is destructive
i have feeling we will get fillers next

Mar 23, 2016 1:46 PM

Sep 2013
It was okay I guess, but holy hell did they stretch out everything and why does the attacks always have to collide? luffy tore through doffy's attacks like paper.
Mar 25, 2016 12:52 PM
Jan 2016
Great episode, but the climax patterns are getting repetitive.
First it was Elephant Gatling struggle against Murasame
Then Grizzly Magnum struggle against Shi no Kuni
Now, King Kong Gun struggle against God's Thread

I am calling it, the next arc climax will be animated with struggling too. Friggin Toei.
Mar 25, 2016 5:36 PM

Oct 2014
Not so sure if I like the way they build tension
so much UOOOOOH before something actually happens that it gets a bit boring

ANYWAY

Luffy looks so much like Dragon here:
Mar 26, 2016 12:27 PM

Mar 2010
Holy shit he finally did it.. I didn't think luffy had anything else he could do.. but his limits still leave me worried.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 26, 2016 3:51 PM

Dec 2012
To be honest I only gave OK. Coz either they got no idea or wanted to rush stuff...I mean they prolonged this arc like a hell and yet decided to end it with a single blow (which wasn't shown in sort of epic way but just like that where Lucy got no strenght YET was able to get best most taxing blow and the bad guy was down by one hit) which ended everything like the editor got stomach pain and needed to visit toilet asap. Should there be more flashbacks? yes yes yes, for once I wouldnt bit.ch bout flashbacks being implemented all over OP series coz they were needed here -not some 2 past shots as given.

One explanation that this ep looked like this, was the moment in which Donflamingo put his hand on his belly and flew up. This could mean that he also got few seconds of power and was in rly bad shape. Also his words "I hate being below You" indicated his weakness to condition of Straw Hat.

The animation was not so great (esply finishing blow scene...).One more ep and new arc.

ps.
Tyrel said:
@AForgottenSoul

FEELING THE SAME (as for person who did 2month marathon EP1 -punk hazard arc). After Punk Hazard it just went in wrong direction.
keroroslayerMar 26, 2016 4:03 PM
Mar 26, 2016 4:35 PM

Oct 2015
Liked the flashbacks.
Dunno but I kinda expected more, didn't have that adrenline like I used to ..
Gonna go to bed now and rewatch the episode tomorrow.

Edit:
Got that "wuaaaaaahh diiiiiieeeee"-feeling now. But still, I think I've seen better from one piece.
thatvietnameseMar 27, 2016 3:07 PM
Mar 27, 2016 1:56 AM

Sep 2014
Finally defeated the bastard, King Kong Gun was pretty good.
Hope the pacing will improve though, this feels dragged as fuck...
Mar 29, 2016 12:42 PM

May 2014
Even though the artwork weren't that impressive, it were better than the usual. And we also got to hear a new OST at the beginning of the ep. I hope they will continue to use that OST. I think it weren't the full version and it also were a bit short.

Anyways, the thing that made me really disappointed is the end of the fight between Doflamingo and Luffy. I think Doflamingo's knockout should have been longer. It's really strange that they are slow with everything, but got to make the final scene so fast. I mean it didn't take more than 2 sec before he got knocked out. I think the reason for that was so we couldn't see his eyes behind his glasses when this is not reveled even in the manga (though it really makes me wonder why Oda haven't revealed even though the Dressrosa arc is finished). Since it's Oda-sensei, I bet he has something up his sleeve up in the future. :)

As said, too bad we didn't see his real eyes. I were so curious about his eye color and all that. Damn, dem eyes. :P

Overall, the ep. were good. Even though the animation were bad some places the ep. were good. Good fighting and FINALLY THE DRESSROSA ARC IS OVER (GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!! -.-') (OFC AFTER ALL THE DRAMA AND THE AFTER FIGHT PARTY ^^)
Mar 29, 2016 12:44 PM

May 2014
M0nkeyD_Luffy said:
Loved the Luffy Vs Doffy Finale. Great animation with stand-out art design, in terms of the gorgeous colour and vibrancy; gave the King Kong Gun a visual fidelity appropriate for the final clash. Also loved how Doflamingo was portrayed stronger here than in the Manga, really looking like he gave it his all. OST was on-point as well (same one used for Luffy Vs Lucci!)

Analysis of Oda's pure ingenuity:

Just like to point out the juxtaposition between Crocodile not caring about his crew but accepting betrayal, while Doflamingo cares about his crew and therefore doesn't accept betrayal.

One is free from earthly attachments and is sent flying into the air by Luffy while the other is bound back into the ground for his chains or rather, 'strings' of betrayal.

One was a "Desert Beast" while the other was a "Heavenly Demon". Both are now out of their element both figuratively and literally.

(5/5)

hAHHA, never thought of it. Clever thinking. I agree Oda is something for himself. He is pure genius. xD
Mar 29, 2016 12:51 PM

May 2014
Madara22 said:
G_Spark233 said:

But the fight just ended...

Ah I see I watched it at a website where Luffy punched Doflamingo and the fight got cut there. So I thought they'd show the conclusion next ep. While we all knew who'd win.

I recommend to use kissanime. They are always reliable when it comes to this. And it's for free too. xD No cut or bull***t like that. :P
Mar 29, 2016 1:03 PM

May 2014
SML619Luci said:
Luffy killed more people than Doflamingo, with that attack. lol

Well, amazing enough with Toei's animation noone got injured or got hurt at all. There were at least 5000 persons there, but no let noone die so no blood get spelled. -.-' please. ^^
Mar 29, 2016 7:38 PM

Jan 2015
mangalicker94 said:
Madara22 said:

Ah I see I watched it at a website where Luffy punched Doflamingo and the fight got cut there. So I thought they'd show the conclusion next ep. While we all knew who'd win.

I recommend to use kissanime. They are always reliable when it comes to this. And it's for free too. xD No cut or bull***t like that. :P

Yeah plus they have the best quality like 1080p, Kissmanga tho it's great but couple old manga's need to be updated like on other sites.
Mar 30, 2016 5:32 AM

Jan 2015
mangalicker94 said:
SML619Luci said:
Luffy killed more people than Doflamingo, with that attack. lol

Well, amazing enough with Toei's animation noone got injured or got hurt at all. There were at least 5000 persons there, but no let noone die so no blood get spelled. -.-' please. ^^

I'm going to assume they died offscreen.
Mar 30, 2016 10:21 AM

Apr 2013
What a shitty ending for the best character in One Piece. Like Enel before him he did the only thing that could make him lose that fight: Take the attack head on without any brain. Horrible... At least the Dress Rosa arc should end soon and then I'll take a long break, since the next arc will probably need 200 episodes...
Apr 10, 2016 8:04 AM

Jul 2012
Some people here must either have super low expectations or be legally blind, For the episode where Luffy finally beats Don it sure took a damn while for the actual fight to start and even then it was just 1 big slow move that lets be honest Don flamingo could have dodged if he just moved to the right a few steps. Also I'm pretty sure Luffy just killed a whole lot of people, By this point I'm surprised buildings still exist in that town.

Either way this could have been a whole lot better and I expected more (for some reason) from the final fight.

Ari_the_Lioness said:
Finally defeated Doflamingo!!

Throughout the entire fight I was screaming 'GO LUFFY'!

That was worth waiting 100 episodes for.

So let me get this straight watching around 2000 minutes (Around 33 hours) of this junk was worth 5 minutes of a low quality "fight"? I'll never understand how anyone can defend this arc.
Apr 10, 2016 1:45 PM

Jan 2015
exLightning said:

Ari_the_Lioness said:
Finally defeated Doflamingo!!

Throughout the entire fight I was screaming 'GO LUFFY'!

That was worth waiting 100 episodes for.

So let me get this straight watching around 2000 minutes (Around 33 hours) of this junk was worth 5 minutes of a low quality "fight"? I'll never understand how anyone can defend this arc.

Yes, I agree, this arc was too long but yes, to me, seeing Doflamingo get his ass handed to him on a plate (and the city getting split in half) was worth it.

exLightning said:
Some people here must either have super low expectations or be legally blind, For the episode where Luffy finally beats Don it sure took a damn while for the actual fight to start and even then it was just 1 big slow move that lets be honest Don flamingo could have dodged if he just moved to the right a few steps. Also I'm pretty sure Luffy just killed a whole lot of people, By this point I'm surprised buildings still exist in that town.

Either way this could have been a whole lot better and I expected more (for some reason) from the final fight.

I'll never understand people like this. People who dislike something thinks everyone else should dislike it too, or those people are blind or have low expectations or stupid and have bad taste. You didn't like it, and that's fine and your opinion, which you are certainly entitled to, but why does everyone who did like it or was happy with the fight, blind or have low expectations?
ArillionApr 10, 2016 1:53 PM
Apr 10, 2016 9:41 PM

Jul 2012
Ari_the_Lioness said:

Yes, I agree, this arc was too long but yes, to me, seeing Doflamingo get his ass handed to him on a plate (and the city getting split in half) was worth it.

I'll never understand people like this. People who dislike something thinks everyone else should dislike it too, or those people are blind or have low expectations or stupid and have bad taste. You didn't like it, and that's fine and your opinion, which you are certainly entitled to, but why does everyone who did like it or was happy with the fight, blind or have low expectations?

I don't dislike One Piece it was one of the first anime that I watched when I was young and got me into anime along with Pokemon, Digimon, Naruto and Dragonball z. It's just that these past few arcs have been so very disappointing when I compare it to how good it used to be. I just hold the anime to a higher standard and think other people shouldn't be so contempt with the pacing and quality.

Of course people are allowed to enjoy whatever they want I was just frustrated after watching that episode and over-reacted so my apologies.
Apr 18, 2016 10:14 AM

May 2014
SML619Luci said:
mangalicker94 said:

I'm going to assume they died offscreen.

Let's just blame it on the anime logic. xD
May 1, 2016 7:04 AM

Oct 2012
That was satisfying to see Mingo's ass get kicked again.. Animated xD
Well besides the unnecessary shouting, it's all good?

RIP Doflamingo
Oh wait that's his glasses.. Gintama joke xD
"Signature removed"
May 9, 2016 6:44 AM

Apr 2011
I would have prefered it if Law's attack actually influenced the outcome of the fight between Luffy and Mingo, but since it's a shounen jump series it was 100% expected that Luffy is gonna beat the "boss" all by himself.
May 21, 2016 12:56 PM

Apr 2009
The epicness of the fight is already gone here. I miss the Enel, Lucci and Moria quality final boss fight. Those fights makes me wanna pee on excitement and joy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2016 1:43 PM

Jan 2013
ezaya said:
The epicness of the fight is already gone here. I miss the Enel, Lucci and Moria quality final boss fight. Those fights makes me wanna pee on excitement and joy.

I definitely know how you feel.
It's great that he managed to beat Doffy (or let's hope he did) but I dont even remember when the Dressrosa arc started ...

A new attack, just another elephant gun but in Fourth Gear this time.

*Edit
Apparently it's already been over 100 episodes since the Dressrosa arc started ... goodness.
Aug 18, 2016 11:33 AM

Mar 2015
YES LET THIS BE THE END OF DOFFY
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 22, 2016 1:05 PM

Sep 2014
Finally its over ... man it seems like forever for doffy to go down. Awesome punch :D
Aug 27, 2016 12:53 AM

May 2013
Yeyyyyy, some Rayleigh screentime :D
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 411 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Aug 2, 2009

79 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 410 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 18, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 409 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 11, 2009

71 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 408 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 4, 2009

141 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 405 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hayato_kun - Jun 13, 2009

174 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.