Forum Settings
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 17, 2016 4:56 PM
Jan 2016
It seems like every volume up to 11 was being released a few months apart, but where the heck is volume 12 of the main story? I mean, the last volume was released June 24, 2015. I can't handle any more waiting!!!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 17, 2016 5:46 PM

Nov 2014
Fofey said:
It seems like every volume up to 11 was being released a few months apart, but where the heck is volume 12 of the main story? I mean, the last volume was released June 24, 2015. I can't handle any more waiting!!!
apparently the first draft was rejected few months ago, so it will take longer.

Mar 17, 2016 7:07 PM
Jan 2016
Rejected? Hmmm... That makes me curious.
ExTamplier said:
Fofey said:
Mar 17, 2016 8:05 PM

Oct 2015
There was something released not long ago, so I believe it will at least take a few months for the next volume.
Mar 18, 2016 4:42 AM

Sep 2015
Is there a chance for s3?
Mar 18, 2016 5:06 AM

Feb 2016
Fofey said:
Rejected? Hmmm... That makes me curious.
It apparently had too many Chiba references, that's why it was rejected.

Hisoka_Hunter said:
If it ends in one volume, then definitely no. If it ends in two, then we might have movie to cap things off. Two volumes for a season is not impossible but it definitely won't go in sync with what they have been doing so far.
Mar 25, 2016 8:17 AM

May 2008
Hisoka_Hunter said:

We don't need s3. W only need a Movie or a 3-4 episode ova...
Mar 25, 2016 11:10 AM

Oct 2015
Hisoka_Hunter said:

There isn't enough material for s3 .
Apr 1, 2016 7:51 PM

Feb 2011
ExTamplier said:
Fofey said:

Source? I'd like a link or interview link if possible, please.
Apr 1, 2016 8:03 PM

Nov 2014
Dragon said:
ExTamplier said:
https://www.google.com

Apr 1, 2016 8:12 PM

Feb 2011
ExTamplier said:
Dragon said:

So it was just a lie then. Okie dokie.

*reports for false rumors*
Apr 1, 2016 8:22 PM
Jan 2015
We'll get volume 12...eventually ;-;
My Queens

Apr 1, 2016 8:45 PM

Nov 2014
Dragon said:
ExTamplier said:
So it was just a lie then. Okie dokie.
*reports for false rumors*
Can you not google reddit subforum for OreGairu? Or do I have to spoon feed you?
-Mahesvara said:
We'll get volume 12...eventually ;-;
of course we will, it sells

Apr 1, 2016 8:58 PM

Feb 2016
Dragon said:
Not exactly a source but this is where I read it
https://www.reddit.com/r/OreGairuSNAFU/comments/3x4mbc/ln_volume_12/
Apr 1, 2016 9:02 PM

Feb 2011
Thank you for not just stupidly linking to google or anything! Ill try to look further for an official source.

James278 said:
Dragon said:
Apr 2, 2016 4:51 AM

Apr 2013
James278 said:
Dragon said:

Providing a link for your sources (when they exist) isn't spoon feeding. You're the one being lazy by not providing it. Don't turn the situation backward please~.

Also, that reddit comment doesn't provide any sources either. I would suppose that it's the author's twitter but that would have been nice to have a link in that reddit post.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ArdanazMay 14, 2016 3:19 AM
Apr 10, 2016 10:25 PM
Jan 2011
Well he is working on other things also. Probably won't see anything until later this year.
Jun 23, 2016 1:31 AM
Jan 2015
still waiting for vol 12..any news ?
Jun 23, 2016 4:57 AM
Oct 2015
I think I should give up hope for vol. 12 just like I've given up for couple of my favourite mangas.
Aug 29, 2016 1:19 AM

May 2015
Hey is it possible that they're gonna give up on volume 12?
" If a ghost's intention is to scare people, then people are definitely scarier because we have no way of knowing what their intention and thoughts are. "
Aug 29, 2016 10:25 AM

Jul 2016
nisevoucher said:

The developer is working on other manga and what not. His new anime coming out, Girlish Number is to air in October I think. Plus there is also an OVA for Oregairu as well in october. I think it's still a possibility considering he is working on other projects, so perhaps will get some news by late 2016 or perhaps early 2017.

Since the OVA is coming out, I think there is still hope for the series. I would say if you we don't hear anything in 2017 then there's no hope.

Do keep in mind, the lignt novel has questionable differences compared to the anime. We might see the light novel ends differently.
Sep 6, 2016 5:04 AM

Jul 2014
is volume 12 the last volume for sure?
Jesus Walks
Sep 6, 2016 9:10 AM

Oct 2014
LebronsHairline said:
The situation is not clear yet. It may be the last volume but we dont know that for sure yet. I don't even care if it ends in Vol. 12 because nothing is out yet. Watari is busy and maybe exhausted. This latest post from the OreGairu sub speculates pretty nicely:
I guess he just doesn't have a good way to end it yet. He probably didn't assume that this series would get this popular and while writing it out, he probably changed story line from what was his original plan. That's why maybe he wrote ANOTHER to gain some ideas/inspiration for vol 12. it could be also that they are planning to make a movie and don't want the story out before that or whatever. He has already hinted twice this year ( one in march I think and once in June) that he is trying to finish it. Or he is just trying to make us suffer haha!

WW all tweets just have the hashtag of Qualidea code right now so no hope just wait for the best :I
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Sep 8, 2016 7:07 PM

Jul 2016
Iizbakaokay said:
LebronsHairline said:
The situation is not clear yet. It may be the last volume but we dont know that for sure yet. I don't even care if it ends in Vol. 12 because nothing is out yet. Watari is busy and maybe exhausted. This latest post from the OreGairu sub speculates pretty nicely:
I guess he just doesn't have a good way to end it yet. He probably didn't assume that this series would get this popular and while writing it out, he probably changed story line from what was his original plan. That's why maybe he wrote ANOTHER to gain some ideas/inspiration for vol 12. it could be also that they are planning to make a movie and don't want the story out before that or whatever. He has already hinted twice this year ( one in march I think and once in June) that he is trying to finish it. Or he is just trying to make us suffer haha!

WW all tweets just have the hashtag of Qualidea code right now so no hope just wait for the best :I

If he has a twitter, could someone possibly tweet to him? Maybe ask him what's the status of Volume 12?
Sep 8, 2016 8:04 PM
Jul 2018
KungFuIndi said:
Iizbakaokay said:

If he has a twitter, could someone possibly tweet to him? Maybe ask him what's the status of Volume 12?

He doesn't reply to any Tweets. He only retweets stuff from Qualidea Code and Girlish Number.
Sep 8, 2016 10:22 PM

Jul 2016
Senpaoi said:
KungFuIndi said:

He doesn't reply to any Tweets. He only retweets stuff from Qualidea Code and Girlish Number.

Damn...I thought there was hope ;-;

I'll just wait for OVA...
Sep 9, 2016 6:38 AM

Oct 2014
KungFuIndi said:
Iizbakaokay said:

> implying this piece of cuck cares.

Look at him, just look how smug he's after doing nothing at all. To be sound enough, he wouldn't care for a gaijin weebs english tweet asking for Vol. 12
Sep 9, 2016 7:32 PM

Jul 2016
Iizbakaokay said:
KungFuIndi said:
> implying this piece of cuck cares.

Look at him, just look how smug he's after doing nothing at all. To be sound enough, he wouldn't care for a gaijin weebs english tweet asking for Vol. 12

;-; Watari pls.....
Sep 11, 2016 2:29 PM

Feb 2013
KungFuIndi said:
nisevoucher said:

Do keep in mind, the lignt novel has questionable differences compared to the anime. We might see the light novel ends differently.

The anime is not different from the light novel..
The anime cut stuff from the light novel due to time constraints but its basically still the same thing.
Sep 11, 2016 10:05 PM

Jul 2016
Raydnt said:
KungFuIndi said:

The anime cut stuff from the light novel due to time constraints but its basically still the same thing.

It wouldn't consider they're the same, for its a fact that there are four main girls in the light novel series rather then three in the anime. Keep in mind Saki is featured much more in the light novel and there is romance development between her and hikigaya, as well as some other things. I wouldn't consider that the same thing. The light novel might have the same ending, but that doesn't mean its not different.
nashdashinSep 11, 2016 10:11 PM
Sep 12, 2016 7:18 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
KungFuIndi said:
Raydnt said:

It wouldn't consider they're the same, for its a fact that there are four main girls in the light novel series rather then three in the anime. Keep in mind Saki is featured much more in the light novel and there is romance development between her and hikigaya, as well as some other things. I wouldn't consider that the same thing. The light novel might have the same ending, but that doesn't mean its not different.

What the heck are you talking about? SakiSaki is just getting little more showtime in LNs. It doesn't mean she is a main girl! And there are no 3 main girls, there are only 2.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Sep 12, 2016 9:53 PM

Jul 2016
cchigu said:
KungFuIndi said:

What the heck are you talking about? SakiSaki is just getting little more showtime in LNs. It doesn't mean she is a main girl! And there are no 3 main girls, there are only 2.

You're telling me Irohas isn't considered a main girl? Maybe not in season 1, but season 2 definitely.
Sep 12, 2016 10:05 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
KungFuIndi said:
cchigu said:

You're telling me Irohas isn't considered a main girl? Maybe not in season 1, but season 2 definitely.

No my friend she is not. She has a significant role to play in the series but Oregairu has always had three main characters. I wouldn't call Iroha a side character but as for the main grill role, she isn't one.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Sep 13, 2016 10:02 PM

Jul 2016
cchigu said:
KungFuIndi said:

No my friend she is not. She has a significant role to play in the series but Oregairu has always had three main characters. I wouldn't call Iroha a side character but as for the main grill role, she isn't one.

Okay you do have a point, still I think its safe to say the LN's will end differently. There was probably a reason why Watari's draft was rejected in the first place. He's either trying to think of a way to end the series with Hiki ending up with one of the two main girls, or some other ending. I have a feeling he might of wanted an ending with Saki, but who knows. We can't say for sure what goes on through his mind.
Sep 20, 2016 4:45 AM
May 2015
KungFuIndi said:
cchigu said:

Okay you do have a point, still I think its safe to say the LN's will end differently. There was probably a reason why Watari's draft was rejected in the first place. He's either trying to think of a way to end the series with Hiki ending up with one of the two main girls, or some other ending. I have a feeling he might of wanted an ending with Saki, but who knows. We can't say for sure what goes on through his mind.

Anyone who has read the LN would realize that the only ending besides the obvious Hachiman x Yukino that wouldnt be total crap would be him ending up with Saki. Unlike Yui and Iroha, she is way too ideal (a tsundere who is "weak to pressure", what else could you ask for? :p) and seems to have feelings for him developed pretty early (unlike the others). Even though it would be the only acceptable twist, it would still be a shame cause all that build up would have been for nothing. Yui and Iroha had 0 chance from the get go unless the author goes full retard mode.

By the way, speaking of Iroha, no main girl gets introduced in the last 1/4th of the series.
TheBuddahmanSep 20, 2016 4:48 AM
Sep 20, 2016 4:16 PM

Jul 2016
TheBuddahman said:
KungFuIndi said:

Anyone who has read the LN would realize that the only ending besides the obvious Hachiman x Yukino that wouldnt be total crap would be him ending up with Saki. Unlike Yui and Iroha, she is way too ideal (a tsundere who is "weak to pressure", what else could you ask for? :p) and seems to have feelings for him developed pretty early (unlike the others). Even though it would be the only acceptable twist, it would still be a shame cause all that build up would have been for nothing. Yui and Iroha had 0 chance from the get go unless the author goes full retard mode.

By the way, speaking of Iroha, no main girl gets introduced in the last 1/4th of the series.

Hmm I see. I have only read some of the LN's, in the anime it seemed she developed feelings for Hachi in season 2, not in season 1 at all really. But if in the LN's there was chemistry between the two since the very beginning then maybe its possible.
Sep 21, 2016 6:37 AM
May 2015
KungFuIndi said:
TheBuddahman said:

Hmm I see. I have only read some of the LN's, in the anime it seemed she developed feelings for Hachi in season 2, not in season 1 at all really. But if in the LN's there was chemistry between the two since the very beginning then maybe its possible.

Well, it is more like being fond of him than feelings cause they havent interacted plenty of times or something in the first place. The only thing i can definitely say is that the LNs there indeed seemed to be some chemistry while in the anime they are essentially just strangers.
Oct 3, 2016 7:16 PM

Mar 2014
Hopefully we get some news soon it has been forever. I need more Oregairu!

Hachiman x Yukino is the only way!
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Oct 12, 2016 4:29 PM
Aug 2012
It will probably take as long as a boat ride in Berserk.
Oct 12, 2016 6:48 PM

May 2015
sighhhhhhhh ^^

the wait is too painful
Oct 12, 2016 7:01 PM

Jul 2016
Guys don't worry. The OVA is coming in two weeks. It should satisfy us till we get some news on V12
Oct 12, 2016 10:15 PM
Jul 2018
KungFuIndi said:
Guys don't worry. The OVA is coming in two weeks. It should satisfy us till we get some news on V12

That's not really the point, people want the next season, not just an episode with no developments.
Oct 13, 2016 12:59 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Senpaoi said:
KungFuIndi said:

That's not really the point, people want the next season, not just an episode with no developments.

Maybe the OVA will come with an announcement for Volume 12 (hope so!).
Oct 13, 2016 8:22 AM
Jul 2018
cchigu said:
Senpaoi said:

Maybe the OVA will come with an announcement for Volume 12 (hope so!).

OVAS don't announce that kind of stuff...

Lol not to be pessimistic, just realistic.
Oct 13, 2016 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
Oh looks like people don't know abt this tweet here.

https://twitter.com/watariwataru/status/781964325443350528

""There's a lot of news! Regarding OreGairu and Qualidea Code and Girlish Number, I'll be giving information. This is early notice I want to give.""

Might be just fan merchandise though, nevertheless still hyped for my fav vol 10.5 for now.
Oct 13, 2016 11:46 AM

Oct 2014
Frostbyte98 said:

""There's a lot of news! Regarding OreGairu and Qualidea Code and Girlish Number, I'll be giving information. This is early notice I want to give.""

Might be just fan merchandise though, nevertheless still hyped for my fav vol 10.5 for now.
It's mostly going to be merchandise. They love to word their tweets like that. Marketing tactics 101.
Oct 14, 2016 1:29 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
*sigh* Why is this post so sad??
Oct 14, 2016 2:42 PM

Jul 2016
Iizbakaokay said:
Frostbyte98 said:

It's mostly going to be merchandise. They love to word their tweets like that. Marketing tactics 101.

And here I was thinking there was some hope..... ;-; regardless im going to hope for the best and predict we'll get an announcement by the end of this year.
Oct 18, 2016 12:54 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
KungFuIndi said:
Iizbakaokay said:

And here I was thinking there was some hope..... ;-; regardless im going to hope for the best and predict we'll get an announcement by the end of this year.

It would be pretty stupid if no announcements were made within this year itself. More they make people wait, more the casual readers are going to turn away from the series and, well, nobody wants less sales.
cchiguOct 19, 2016 11:28 PM
Oct 19, 2016 4:26 AM
May 2015
Judging from Girlish Number at least...

FUCKING SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?! This asshole delays the story of Oregairu while it is reaching its climax and after ending the last volume with such a ridiculous cliffhanger to work on such garbage??? Wtf, i thought he would be at least up for something smart and noteworthy, seems like the money were plenty enough to piss all over the fans. I really hope he doesnt end up axing, rushing or not giving a definite ending in Oregairu after all his fucking around, this will be the most outrageous thing ever.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» How many volumes or chapters have been adapted in the anime?

o_reki - May 2

2 by o_reki »»
May 2, 8:16 PM

» Does anyone think the anime is way better, or am I just crazy?

Eggs_Dee - Feb 20, 2023

10 by Playcool »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:39 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Volume 14 Discussion

Playcool - Feb 25, 2023

3 by TitanInsane »»
Jun 27, 2023 2:24 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Chapter 168 Discussion

Revanzz - Jun 26, 2023

1 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Jun 26, 2023 5:25 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Chapter 1 Discussion

ZeroZx - Nov 10, 2012

5 by Revanzz »»
Jun 26, 2023 2:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.