Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2016 4:32 PM

Oct 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seems like Ash is making it a habit of fighting legendary Pokemon these days.

Noivern vs Zapdos was awesome to see!

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
Mar 3, 2016 6:31 PM
Aug 2015
That echolocation on the rocks was an ingenious plan. I hope we get to see more of Noivern's agile fighting style in the future.
Mar 10, 2016 3:02 PM

Jul 2015
Noivern looks fucking awesome!

There's no way Ash will lose the League this time...right? :c
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Mar 13, 2016 6:28 AM

Jul 2008
-Koga- said:

He will, lets face it. He cant be the only pokemon trainer fighting legendaries. Heck Alain proves that entire point.
Plus with Sun and Moon already being announced the schedule really doesnt have place for a Champions league arc... unfortunately.

Anyway, great fight, Zapdos came of a bit weak but you know. Its a bird, incapacitate their wings and they are sitting ducks and Noivern could not have a better fighting stage.

Articuno next ?
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Mar 20, 2016 3:09 AM

May 2009
Punkbeetle said:
-Koga- said:

He will, lets face it. He cant be the only pokemon trainer fighting legendaries. Heck Alain proves that entire point.
Plus with Sun and Moon already being announced the schedule really doesnt have place for a Champions league arc... unfortunately.

Anyway, great fight, Zapdos came of a bit weak but you know. Its a bird, incapacitate their wings and they are sitting ducks and Noivern could not have a better fighting stage.

Articuno next ?

I still think Ash has a shot, the only things that need to be covered in the anime are team flare and Alan, the 8th gym and lastly the pokemon leagues. We have more then enough time.
Mar 20, 2016 8:18 PM

Jul 2008
Shoryuuken said:
Punkbeetle said:

Articuno next ?

I still think Ash has a shot, the only things that need to be covered in the anime are team flare and Alan, the 8th gym and lastly the pokemon leagues. We have more then enough time.

Dont forget: Gekkouga's mysterious form, movie teasing, next gen foreshadowing/promotion, couple of real life events that will take like 2 slots away and dont forget Serena's Princess Key stuff. Oh right and Ash still hasn't got its sixth member.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Mar 22, 2016 8:06 AM

May 2009
I honeslty think Sun/Moon is not Gen 7 and Gen 6.5, like Johto. The volcanion movie actually covers the first legendary which will star in Sun/Moon. The fact that they have the main cast of XY really makes me doubt this group will seperate anytime soon. The sun/moon trailer didn't advertise itself as a new generation but an "all new pokémon adventure" which is unusual by gamefreak standards as they usually say straight out that it's a new generation with previous trailers.
ShoryuukenMar 22, 2016 8:10 AM
Mar 24, 2016 8:20 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Punkbeetle said:
-Koga- said:

Articuno next ?

I think we could see Articuno next. In the game the city where the 8th gym is located is full of snow. So there's a good chance we might see Articuno, already seen 2 of the legendary birds so why show Articuno.

Noivern did fantastic against Articuno. Using the terrain to its advantage and dishing out a powerful Boomburst. Hawlucha also had a good showcase, that knee kick sent Zapdos falling like in DBZ.

Mar 25, 2016 1:45 AM

Mar 2016
I wish when they first saw Zapdos instead of being in awe Ash was like "meh, after riding on lugia's back to defeat the trio this is nothing" Would be nice if after he saw a legendary he at least acted like he has seen it before.

I get why they don't but it would be cool.
Mar 25, 2016 2:46 AM

Feb 2012
Nonchalance said:
I wish when they first saw Zapdos instead of being in awe Ash was like "meh, after riding on lugia's back to defeat the trio this is nothing" Would be nice if after he saw a legendary he at least acted like he has seen it before.

Idk i dont think he was in awe, Citron Serena & Eurika were.... Thats why they made Ash seperate & finally kick some legendary butt without being surprised
Mar 25, 2016 4:48 AM
Feb 2015
Noivern such a badass 10/10
Mar 25, 2016 10:07 AM

Jul 2015
Punkbeetle said:
-Koga- said:

Who said Ash needs to fail the league to remain the MC? IMO he should move to the veteran position in the crew and someone else will be taking his advices when collecting badges. Meanwhile, Ash can train and improve to challenge E4. Honestly, most of 10s are aware that Ash keeps failing so it's not a good idea to make Ash trying forever.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 25, 2016 10:11 AM

Jul 2015
Great episode. Noivern got strong as expected. Sadly, the battle for the Iceberg Badge won't be a good place for his show-off :(.

It's the first time Ash's regional party got fully evolved (Pikachu doesn't count)! Another foreshadowing IMO.

Ash didn't try to catch a legendary again but this time it makes sense-Zapdos was important for the festival.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 25, 2016 3:06 PM

Jul 2008
Ekiadox said:
Punkbeetle said:

Who said Ash needs to fail the league to remain the MC? IMO he should move to the veteran position in the crew and someone else will be taking his advices when collecting badges. Meanwhile, Ash can train and improve to challenge E4. Honestly, most of 10s are aware that Ash keeps failing so it's not a good idea to make Ash trying forever.

No one said that, you came to that conclusion all by yourself.
All I said was that the window to cram a (satisfying) Champions league arc into the time line up to Sun/Moon is released is awfully small, too small most likely without comprising the quality of the current stories.
Also, you really think that would work ? Just look at Digimon Adventure 02.

Nonchalance said:
I wish when they first saw Zapdos
instead of being in awe Ash was like "meh, after riding on lugia's back to defeat the trio this is nothing" Would be nice if after he saw a legendary he at least acted like he has seen it before.

To be fair, Zapdos is a force of nature and in a class of its own when it comes down to thunder like anomalies. So while Ash has indeed met, befriended and fought against multiple Legends - not all count as forces of nature and that part is what strikes awe into the people.

I dont know about you. But I have weathered (HA! Pun) many storms but everytime, everytime I'm still in awe by how violent the normally calm wind can get. How nature can produce a lightshow of such a magnitude and how easily disrupted and vulnerable we are.

That combined into a creature is what the Zapdos class of legends are.

Still, he calls the legends by name instead of freaking out, got the guts to face them calmly instead of running away. So I would say he is used to the Legend monniker, he just doesnt get all familiar with the individual Pokemon because every Zapdos he has met has most likely been a different one.
Mar 26, 2016 8:50 PM

Sep 2009
Excluding the movies, this means that Ash has seen all three of the Legendary Birds now, right? I know he faced Articuno wayyyyyy back, then Moltres earlier in this and now Zapdos. I know he's seen all three in the movies. But I'm curious. I watched the whole anime almost two years ago and memory is a bit foggy if Zapdos was seen during the anime yet.

Anyways, for a filler episode, I really enjoyed it. I thought it would be a bit of a disappointing filler but turned out to be really nice. Don't think the fight against Zapdos was as good as Talonflame vs. Moltres but still good. Really digging Ashes Talonflame especially since it's taken on two legendaries....even if it lost. Noibat evolving into Noivern was awesome. Was wondering when it would evolve and this was the perfect time. Love the bond between Noivern and Hawlucha as well.
Mar 28, 2016 2:36 PM
Jan 2015
Great episode.

I hope they delay the S&M anime for a bit so we get to see Ash against the Elite 4, that is if he beats the league first.

Pls
Shadow
Apr 2, 2016 2:18 AM

Jul 2014
Punkbeetle said:
Shoryuuken said:

Dont forget: Gekkouga's mysterious form, movie teasing, next gen foreshadowing/promotion, couple of real life events that will take like 2 slots away and dont forget Serena's Princess Key stuff. Oh right and Ash still hasn't got its sixth member.

Man this Pokemon Series has a lot of Story! (More than what I'm used to anyway)
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Apr 5, 2016 6:03 AM
Dec 2009
Not gonna lie, I loved seeing a bit of the "original" legendary birds I grew up with :)
Apr 16, 2016 7:54 AM

Dec 2011
He finally got Noivern. Looks so badass, this dragon-bat.
I really can't wait for him to get his last slot Pokemon since Goodra was released.

I always wanted him to get Honedge or Pancham, but they are all mons of the treecko trainer and Serena. I want to see which one he will get.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2016 11:50 PM
Apr 2016
Anyway, will Ash get defeated in champion league again?
That's the only reason why i'm a lil bit reluctant to watch pokemon again
It's like reading a book which you already know how it ends, and it sucks
Jun 20, 2016 2:35 PM
Mar 2015
Vyrals said:
Anyway, will Ash get defeated in champion league again?
That's the only reason why i'm a lil bit reluctant to watch pokemon again
It's like reading a book which you already know how it ends, and it sucks

Dude, Gen 7 confirmed for November. Since a new gen's coming out, yeah I have no reason to believe Ash is going to win.
Jun 23, 2016 12:11 PM

Nov 2014
Shoryuuken said:
I honeslty think Sun/Moon is not Gen 7 and Gen 6.5, like Johto. The volcanion movie actually covers the first legendary which will star in Sun/Moon. The fact that they have the main cast of XY really makes me doubt this group will seperate anytime soon. The sun/moon trailer didn't advertise itself as a new generation but an "all new pokémon adventure" which is unusual by gamefreak standards as they usually say straight out that it's a new generation with previous trailers.
Well, while i enjoy and like the casts of Pokemon XY a lot, i can't deny that Sun/Moon will still be counted as Gen VII in the end.. They even have said that Sun/Moon will heavily related toward Gen V (Given that Alola Region is based on Hawaii while Unova based on New York) instead of Gen VI, so i guess we'll see the whole new casts once Sun/Moon get their anime adaptation..

As for the movie, no.. it's not the first time since apparently Movie 5 (Latias&Latios), Movie 9 (Manaphy), and Movie 16 (Mega Mewtwo) have done it before..
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Jun 25, 2016 12:47 PM

May 2009
Izanagi777 said:
Shoryuuken said:
Well, while i enjoy and like the casts of Pokemon XY a lot, i can't deny that Sun/Moon will still be counted as Gen VII in the end.. They even have said that Sun/Moon will heavily related toward Gen V (Given that Alola Region is based on Hawaii while Unova based on New York) instead of Gen VI, so i guess we'll see the whole new casts once Sun/Moon get their anime adaptation..

As for the movie, no.. it's not the first time since apparently Movie 5 (Latias&Latios), Movie 9 (Manaphy), and Movie 16 (Mega Mewtwo) have done it before..

Sun&Moon apparantely do have the synchro evolution mechanic, and Zygarde will have a role within the games. So there is clearly a connection.
Jul 27, 2016 3:24 AM

Nov 2014
After what happened in Pokemon the movie 2000, Team Rocket thought it would be a good idea to anger a Zapdos? xD

The way Ash was talking to Team Rocket after he found out what they did was just so...different. I like his new...personality? Dunno how to put it, but I've noticed it a lot in XY/XYZ. He's changing more and more. He was about to flip out on them! xD I mean the way he said it just felt different. But I like it ^_^
Aug 5, 2016 8:56 AM

Jul 2013
I can't even remember what happened in the movie 2000 lol. So many years ago, literally that year I watched lol.

Ash sorta was like "oh you're just trying to get a Pokemon again, no biggie, I'll help get us out just stay outta the way otherwise you'll piss of Zapdos even more" lol. I think Ash has matured a bit since I last saw him.

But then Team Rocket went after it again and caught it until Ash chimed in and stopped it as per usual. Team Rocket's hair looked so messed up, it made me laugh!

I used to think Zapdos looked cool but now I think he looks more silly.

But Noibat was cute and so small and then evolved in to scary/ugly Noivern who was badass but not cute in any sense.The battle was really intense though, I liked it.

At least Ash got to the hospital with the medicine in the end!

But everyone else was upset they missed seeing Noibat evolve, bless.

I just watched the dub trailer for that new movie mentioned here and looks good although not sure a robot/mechanical thing can be called a Pokemon :/ hmmm ... more like just a robot.

I honestly hope Serena at least but Clement and Bonnie too are the in the next season, I haven't watched in years but really liked them more than Misty and Brock (the last time I watched it properly, I think I may have seen a bit with May in) which I never thought I'd say and I've watched some of the more recent movies repeated on TV here lately and none of those other companions have come close!
stephtastropheAug 5, 2016 9:01 AM
Oct 30, 2016 10:20 PM

Dec 2012
No one decided to use a Pokemon to remove the damn boulder.

Rocket Gang don't learn.

Scumbag Fiarrow vs Legendary Birds: 0-2.

Onbat hasn't appeared for 50 episodes(exaggeration) and all of a sudden it evolves.

Onvern putting the moves on Thunder.

Freezer has to appear, right?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 17, 2020 12:34 PM

Dec 2008
Did the kids just go on a dangerous spelunking expedition just based on a stranger's request? Okay...

So I guess Team Rocket was trying to capture Thunder/Zapdos last episode as well? Good reason to miss but wish it had been shown in episode. Haha, love how they still got their motto out. I infer from what Meowth said in this episode that they now periodically catch pokemon for Team Rocket off screen and are successful at that. Obviously, they can't be successful on screen.

Onvern looks pretty badass. Very cool episode, great character interaction, great battles, loved it!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 9 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 24, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 7 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 10, 2015

14 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 5 Discussion

-Koga- - Nov 27, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 25, 9:07 AM

» Can I watch this as a standalone?

Nemersis - Jan 22

34 by Nemersis »»
Mar 7, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 3 Discussion

StarryWindy - Nov 12, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 6, 6:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.