Forum Settings
Forums

[New Poll][2016] Your opinion on Winter 2016 season?

New
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 18, 2016 7:55 AM

Feb 2010
nothing interesting so far. previous season was weak too but atleast had some sequels, now nothing entertaining to watch except Gintama..
Jan 18, 2016 7:55 AM

Jan 2011
All the sequels I am watching continues to be good and entertaining
Erased is amazing
Haikyuu and Gundam still continues to be hypeeee
Dimension W is really good as well
Dagashi Kashi is funny though some jokes can be unrelatable
Grimgar seems promising and already has good action scenes
Aokana, Prince of Strides, Shoujo-tachi KOYA, Schwarzesmarken are all decent
Luck&Logic is okay
Musaigen no Phantom World is below average
Norn9 is good and very underrated on MAL
Meanwhile, Divine Gate and Bahamut are trash

Overall, a really good season for a winter providing with very good number of option and arguably even better than last season
Jan 18, 2016 7:56 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Boku dake ga Inai Machi rapes everything else pretty much
Jan 18, 2016 8:02 AM

Oct 2012
Its alright, better than I was expecting. Erased/BokuMachi is the overhyped show of the season for sure though.
Jan 18, 2016 8:05 AM

Apr 2011
One of the better Winters, I'll say that much. From what I've seen so far, Boku Dake and AssClass are great, while Galko-chan and Ojisan to Marshmallow have been quite the pleasant surprises. Sushi Police, Schwarzesmarken and PSO2, on the other hand, disappointed big time. I've dropped two of them already and Schwarzesmarken, if episode 2 doesn't keep me in, it goes into the drop box as well.
Jan 18, 2016 8:11 AM
Mar 2014
Kuma said:
i don't undertsand why people watch dagashi for comedy, or waifu. i just see it as my nostalgia shows.
What do you mean by nostalgia?

OT: Great season, like every other season.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Jan 18, 2016 8:15 AM

May 2014
I picked up 4 shows

ERASED deserves more hype then OPM got, looking at the first two episodes
Durarara is really enjoyable so far, more enjoyable then the last cour
Dimension W looks like it can be fun but I worry it will go nowhere
Ao no Kanata is my shitty anime to watch this season to remind myself why I dislike the combination of school, drama and romance
Jan 18, 2016 8:34 AM

Jul 2015
I think this season has plenty of good shows.
Jan 18, 2016 8:58 AM
May 2015
Worst season I've encountered yet with an average leaning towards very bad (at the beginning of the season) quality usually drops as the season progresses right, or is that just me. Only one new show worth watching (it was at least average) is a bit lame in my books, off seasons (winter / summer) are terrible. Can't wait for next season when we might actually have an average season for once.
Eclio413Jan 18, 2016 9:06 AM
Jan 18, 2016 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
Temmie said:
I picked up 4 shows

Ao no Kanata is my shitty anime to watch this season to remind myself why I dislike the combination of school, drama and romance

ERASED already is in top 30, so I guess that will be more hyped and overrated threads are incoming in the AD

Still I feel if they can get the adaptation well, they can enter top 20.
Jan 18, 2016 9:15 AM

Apr 2015
Active Raid will undoubtedly be shlock from what I can predict with my minds eye, which goes for Norn9 too but I'll probably watch them anyway, unless they somehow get worse than they already are.

Dimension W and Grimgar are showing promise that they can become good but haven't really displayed their true colors yet, with Grimgar lacking behind due to it's fixation on fanservice In certain segments.

Erased and the Rakugo show are the two shows this season which I have high hopes for, however Erased could collapse In on itself due to time travel shenanigans.

Myriad Colors Phantom World Is the funniest LN adaption I've seen and has presented itself In a manner which I've not quite seen before.
TylaenJan 18, 2016 12:18 PM
Jan 18, 2016 10:53 AM

Oct 2013
One of the worst seasons in years...... literally not a single 'above average' anime. Aside from the sequels.....
I am a human.
Jan 18, 2016 10:59 AM

Jan 2015
I'm enjoying it a lot more than Fall 2015 overall and it's cockstomping Winter 2015 and Winter 2014 into oblivion.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jan 18, 2016 11:01 AM

Aug 2015
Man , did I pick all the wrong shows this season ?
Jan 18, 2016 11:06 AM

May 2015
Z-Dante said:
Man , did I pick all the wrong shows this season ?

>no erased
>no sekkou boys

Yes, you avoided the anime of the season and anime of the century respectively.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jan 18, 2016 11:16 AM

Apr 2015
Shouwa is my fav out of this season its amazing!

I loved erased's 1st episode a lot but I'd rather wait for that type of show to end so I can binge watch it

Still watching haikyuu season 2 and gundam from last season, I really love both

Probably gonna drop prince of stride next episode, really disappointed in it cause I love sports anime and had high hopes for this but let me down in the first 2 eps

I'm waiting for the dub for durarara which I know I'm gonna love as per usual

Ajin looked pretty good from the 1st ep, I don't mind CG that much but gonna wait for better subs to watch the rest of it

Didn't like dimention W from the 1st ep which is a bummer cause the mc looks interesting but they kinda ruined it for me with the robot girl so probably gonna wait for it to end and check out the reviews before deciding to watch it

And finally I'm absulotely loving sekko boys and ojisan to marshmallow which are shorts but very funny XD
Jan 18, 2016 11:19 AM

Feb 2015
seems better then 2015 by quite a bit

deminsion w seems like it will be fun

erased has me intrigued

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, im finding really interesting, and i find the rakugo performances entertaining.
Jan 18, 2016 11:22 AM

Jul 2013
Eclio413 said:
Worst season I've encountered yet with an average leaning towards very bad (at the beginning of the season) quality usually drops as the season progresses right, or is that just me. Only one new show worth watching (it was at least average) is a bit lame in my books, off seasons (winter / summer) are terrible. Can't wait for next season when we might actually have an average season for once.

I'm curious as to why you gave ERASED a 4. As a matter of fact, I question a lot of the scores you gave so far this season. Then again, that's just the way you rate overall.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Jan 18, 2016 11:37 AM

Feb 2013
Shittiest season since the time I joined MAL-- Winter 2013! (A dark, dark, season...)
KezmiJan 18, 2016 11:42 AM
Jan 18, 2016 11:43 AM
Aug 2013
Ehh nothing special. A good time to catch up on completed anime.

ERASED is the only thing that sticks out atm imo. Although i'm looking forward to DRR X2 Ketsu after i'm finished with Ten.
Jan 18, 2016 11:50 AM

Sep 2014
The only new shows I've found to be relatively noteworthy are Boku dake ga Inai Machi and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, but I think Dimension W and Dagashi Kashi also have potential. Besides the sequels I'm watching (Durarara, Koyomimonogatari, Akagami), everything else I've seen seems average or worse.

Also, Sekko Boys AOTY.
Jan 18, 2016 12:03 PM

Apr 2015
It's a pretty okay season so far imo, nothing really great besides Boku dake though.

Boku dake ga Inai Machi - best anime this season for sure, will definitely watch it to the very end
Fairy Tail Zero - pretty good so far, but I might just drop it and stick to the manga
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar - has potential, but I really don't like the characters so I'll give it a few more episodes to see whether or not I'll drop it
HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru - honestly I'm only watching it cause of the beautiful art and the characters, but I'll probably watch it till the very end

And I'm still watching Haikyuu S2 from last season.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jan 18, 2016 12:08 PM

Apr 2012
Erased is a good mystery series, but like others said. It's being over hyped.
Myriad Colors Phantom World is pretty funny and sexy.
Jan 18, 2016 12:12 PM
Jul 2018
mascarpone said:

I think pretty much every new anime gets this amt of hype nowadays, so nothing new.
Jan 18, 2016 12:14 PM

Apr 2015
Erased is hyped here
other decent show that I will seemingly watch is Durarara or Gate.
Myriad Colors Phantom World and Dagashi Kashi fanservice is a bit too much for me, dunno why it's hyped on my country
idk everything else
Jan 18, 2016 12:18 PM

Apr 2012
strider_91 said:
mascarpone said:

I think pretty much every new anime gets this amt of hype nowadays, so nothing new.
True, I've seen it a lot in the past. History repeats itself.
Jan 18, 2016 12:25 PM

Sep 2010
I'm mostly enjoying everything I'm watching so far except for Active Raid its been a let down so far. I'm still watching it for the mecha and Kuroki Takeru though. I probably won't drop it though its 5/10 material right now.

I did watch the first episode of that KyoAni anime and I didn't even bother to add it to my list cause I knew I wasn't going to keep up with it more less care about it.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 18, 2016 12:28 PM

Apr 2014
Great season so far, a few stand out shows and nothing that is really bad (Except for Ajin and Dvine Gate, the CGI is fucking horrible!)
Jan 18, 2016 12:29 PM

Jan 2013
Well I like all the shows from this season that I'm watching, (Im watching like 5) and I find it very impressive!
Jan 18, 2016 1:04 PM

Oct 2013

Thread "Your opinions of the current season so far?" Merged Here.
Jan 18, 2016 5:04 PM

Mar 2015
omfgplzstop said:
Kuma said:
i don't undertsand why people watch dagashi for comedy, or waifu. i just see it as my nostalgia shows.
What do you mean by nostalgia?
the dagashi of course. part of my childhood.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 18, 2016 5:10 PM

Mar 2015
GaryL said:
Kuma said:
i am fail to see the correlation between seinen and fanservice.
Seinen usually have way less than Shounen. I thought it was supposed to be more serious action and all, like Kiseijuu (wich was more psychologica/drama but still had action)
complitely irrelevant. sekirei, elfen lied, freezing, blod lad, is seinen. and they are also overblow with their fanservice.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 18, 2016 5:13 PM

Nov 2014
I hope people have the highest of expectations for Erased. Just so it can be crushed into a million little pieces.
Ajin also.
Jan 18, 2016 5:14 PM

May 2015
Like previous season I am watching 10+ shows and enjoying all of them.

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Jan 18, 2016 5:45 PM

Jun 2013
To be honest, I'm kind of finding it a bit lackluster. >.< The only anime I'm going to be watching from this season is Erased. (And I'm not counting Haikyuu and Mr. Osomatsu as they started last season.)

Honestly though, if Erased keeps on going the way it is, it just might redeem this season for me. It's absolutely amazing so far!
Too lazy to make a signature. F*** it.
Jan 18, 2016 7:33 PM
Apr 2014
Irrelative said:
I hope people have the highest of expectations for Erased. Just so it can be crushed into a million little pieces.
Ajin also.

I can't help but laugh at this post. Well considering how many people are enjoying the series it's a given.
Jan 18, 2016 8:34 PM

Oct 2014
strider_91 said:
Temmie said:
I picked up 4 shows

ERASED already is in top 30, so I guess that will be more hyped and overrated threads are incoming in the AD

Still I feel if they can get the adaptation well, they can enter top 20.

I am surprised no one is saying erased will save anime yet
Jan 19, 2016 12:18 AM

Jun 2014
This is Pretty good season. I'm Watching 15 shows atm, but that number will surely go down after 3rd episodes. :D
Till now Durarara x2 ketsu and Erased are contenders of Aots for me.
Also I'm liking the opening songs of Durarara, Divine gate and Dagashi Kashi. ^^
Jan 19, 2016 12:39 AM

Jan 2016
I'm rather enjoying this season. Found quite a few shows I am enjoying.
 ~ ~ ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way ~ ~ ~
/| ~ Love would have conquered all..... ~ |\

Jan 19, 2016 1:41 AM

Sep 2013
This season has had no "wow show" so far but a lot of the anime are very promising. Looking forward to seeing how they will turn to be in the end.
Jan 19, 2016 4:20 AM

Mar 2014
shadowchild23 said:
It's probably the weakest season I've ever seen. And I'm being completely honest when I say that.
I doubt someone could come up with another suggestion of an inferior anime season...

But I guess it's just fine... I have lots of other anime to watch so it's a good time to watch all the stuff that I have for months on the 'plan to watch' list.
last season was the weakest ive seen
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Jan 19, 2016 4:25 AM

Sep 2015
Its not a great season.....but, it seems promising with shows like Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, Dagashi Kashi, Nijiiro Days

Still who knows what gonna happen in coming days
Jan 19, 2016 5:51 AM

Jul 2015
I think this season has variety. Besides sequels, I'm liking Ajin, Erased, Dimension W, Grimgar and Rakugo.
Jan 19, 2016 6:05 AM

Dec 2015
I'm waiting for Akagami no shiyukahime new episodes I love this anime♡♡♡
Jan 19, 2016 6:52 AM

Jan 2016
Okay i guess. This year will be great though with the next seasons.
Jan 19, 2016 7:29 AM
May 2015
Demi_V said:
Eclio413 said:

I'm curious as to why you gave ERASED a 4. As a matter of fact, I question a lot of the scores you gave so far this season. Then again, that's just the way you rate overall.

Yeah I guess I am a little harsh, I don't usually post my ratings for anime until I'm done (as I mentioned they change a lot as the season progresses) I just put my scores up early because I don't expect that much to stay there for long so I won't get the chance to rate them when they are over. The last few seasons only really received their low scores towards the last episode or 2 but aside from that I still say that Erased is above average for this season (and last year). I just don't find the time reset thing all that cool (maybe even a bit too convenient for the writers to come up with reasons for him to get in and out of situations.) With way too many ramifications for the writer to accurately portray in the work. Meaning that the work is likely to be riddled with holes by the time the series ends, again I could be wrong and the series might impress me with some solid writing in the coming episodes but until then I have a handful of basic writing techniques and barely fleshed out / interesting characters to contend with so I won't keep my hopes up. Will at least finish it though.
Jan 19, 2016 7:32 AM
Mar 2014
None of the shows catched my intrest so i haven't watched annything.

I have read a bit of the dimension W manga so i'll wait till the anime finishes and i'll probably watch that if it turns out to be atleast decent.
Jan 19, 2016 7:39 AM

Mar 2015
I think it's okay so far. From this season I'm watching:
Ajin
Boku dake ga Inai Machi
DRRR!!x2 Ketsu

I'm debating on watching:
Prince Of Stride: Alternative
Dagashi Kashi

Planning to watch:
Assassination Classroom (still need to finish s1)

"Achieve not with the squad, but by yourself." - Urie

Jan 19, 2016 7:48 AM

Jan 2015
It's an alright season, nothing too special, the hentai this is season isn't good so nope.
Jan 19, 2016 7:53 AM

Aug 2015
Not great. Most of the shows don't stand out, and I know I won't remember most of them as time goes on.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

1000 by Chendor »»
57 seconds ago

» How much time do you spend discussing anime?

RobertBobert - May 6

24 by Euhi »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you think your favorite characters can be friends?

Yonahim_Zz - Yesterday

35 by Lion_Sin »»
13 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

147 by Mishiia »»
23 minutes ago

» Opinions on characters colors!

Yonahim_Zz - Yesterday

42 by Mishiia »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.