Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 29, 2016 8:43 AM

Dec 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Cejara said:
Great chapter, I just find it weird that a 3rd origin would render the person unable to use magic instead of actually giving them more of a "mana pool" and stronger onslaught of attacks due to more etherios particles being able to be absorbed in the body.

You're talking about all of the magic power built up until their peak in the future. Tell me can you put a lake's worth of water in one baloon without it bursting? It's really not that hard to get.

So something like a 3rd origin wouldn't normally do that if they got it at a time appropriate power-up, but since this was rushed and not supposed to be when they got a 3rd origin it backfires?
Feb 29, 2016 8:43 AM

Apr 2008
Cejara said:
Darklight0303 said:

You're talking about all of the magic power built up until their peak in the future. Tell me can you put a lake's worth of water in one baloon without it bursting? It's really not that hard to get.

So something like a 3rd origin wouldn't normally do that if they got it at a time appropriate power-up, but since this was rushed and not supposed to be when they got a 3rd origin it backfires?

Yes. Think of it like a circuit that gets overloaded. It fries.
Feb 29, 2016 8:51 AM
Dec 2010
JudeGP said:
Using 3rd origin they might be able to defeat Dimaria but the price is too heavy.
I don't want them to lose magic

don't worry , ultear just gonna rewind time to return them to their original form
meaning , 3rd origin they just gonna grow up to adult form.
Feb 29, 2016 9:03 AM
Jul 2018
I'm okay with Ultear not being young physically... but man, third origin, it's a too convenient bulshit power up. And knowing FT, DiMaria is well finished, although I would like to see Wendy and Chelia lose their magic. Carla being shot to dead reminds me a lot when Gray was killed in the GMG, so I don't think anything bad is gonna happen.
Feb 29, 2016 9:09 AM

Jun 2010
Chill, if they lose their magic how the hell are they going to heal the cat in the middle of a battlefield (o.O)?
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Feb 29, 2016 9:14 AM

Apr 2008
richard360 said:
Chill, if they lose their magic how the hell are they going to heal the cat in the middle of a battlefield (o.O)?

Nothing says they'd lose their magic INSTANTLY.
Feb 29, 2016 9:17 AM

Jul 2014
eh not a bad way to bring ultear back. Seems like she's still old.
dimaria seems like the most op spriggan so far, but we all know she's gonna be taken out like all the others -_-.
good chapter though.
Feb 29, 2016 9:40 AM

Dec 2009
Now this is how a member of the Spriggan 12 should be like, almost a legit god in power. Great chapter, fucking so happy that Ultear being back isn't permanent and her sacrifice still means something. Carla getting killed, even temporarily is really brutal :/ hope Wendy and Sherria can save her. This is the kind of fight I wanted for Wendy, and it sure as hell looks like I got it.

I'm hyped about what will happen with "3rd Origin" combined with Wendy's Dragon Slayer magic, maybe a form above Dragon Force!? Hope the side effect isn't what Ultear is saying it is...I don't want my favorite character to be rendered useless the rest of the series with no magic...Or maybe Sherria is the only one that will use 3rd Origin and lose magic...who knows!?

Seems like Hiro stopped caring about holding back the fanservice with Wendy, we got legit panty shots of her in this chapter, even if they were justified in the way the action plays out, he usually avoids drawing it in clever ways. Well I'm not complaining.

Next chapter can't come soon enough, this is getting so good!
Feb 29, 2016 9:41 AM

May 2009
This may be a bold claim, but I think this is the most bullshit chapter in all of Fairy Tail so far.
Feb 29, 2016 10:51 AM

Jun 2013
Ultear...Happy to see you, but why are you here...

...ah...So Ultears time is in this timestop...because her spell...she can show herself only when time is stopped...so this is just one time help....T:t So she will not return Permanently!!! T.T miss you!!!

Damn Diamaria is strong...
Takeover....GOD SOUL!!!!! O__O MIRA'S ANTI_THESIS HAS ARRIVED!!!
Now this is the Power of the 12 we were waiting for.

Carla!?!? O_O no......I say Sherria makes the sacrifice...and Wendy stays as DS
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Feb 29, 2016 11:20 AM

Feb 2012
At this point FT is only worth reading for the fan service. I don't know how can anyone get hyped over anything in this series.
Feb 29, 2016 11:59 AM

Dec 2009
Ramkec said:
At this point FT is only worth reading for the fan service. I don't know how can anyone get hyped over anything in this series.

Speak for yourself. Just because something doesn't go the way you want it to doesn't mean others don't enjoy it.
Feb 29, 2016 12:05 PM
Oct 2013
Ramkec said:

There are poeple who are interested in the pairing discussions and others who just like the artstyle or just for the sake of kawai desu and comedy.

There is also the people who still have faith that some legit plottwists are going to occur.
Feb 29, 2016 12:07 PM

Nov 2008
Ouch, Carla took a Death Beam to the side.
Feb 29, 2016 12:49 PM

Dec 2013
Arashi89 said:
This may be a bold claim, but I think this is the most bullshit chapter in all of Fairy Tail so far.

Nah. Because she's Erza is so much worse.
Feb 29, 2016 12:55 PM
Oct 2013
Arashi89 said:

Elaborate please, I actually thought this one made up for alot from last chapter.
Feb 29, 2016 1:18 PM
Sep 2010
Are you fucking kidding me? Third Origin? Second origin was stupid as hell, but now Mashima will bring another Origin? Shit just make a fourth one too.

God dammit. I dont know whats worse. Mashima writing these asspulls, plot conveniences, random powerups. Or the people who actually defend it and say its ok
Feb 29, 2016 1:20 PM

Dec 2015
Reasonable explanation as to why Ultear just showed with the time mumbo jumbo. As much as I wanted Dimaria to defeat the Sky sisters and someone else then step in to fight her, I'm liking the idea they will lose their magic to gain this power up to defeat this OP opponent. But Wendy losing her dragon slayer magic is BIG considering Acnologia is around. Incoming plot Armour?

Feb 29, 2016 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
ITT: We complain about asspull in a shounen made by a guy who likes drawing tits and asses.

Expectations people.
Feb 29, 2016 1:38 PM

Dec 2012
So Ultear is not really there and only exists in this valley of time.
Dimaria going into her God Soul form. The Goddess of Time, Chronos.
Third Origin, but at the cost of losing your magic if Wendy and Sherria want a chance at defeating her.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 29, 2016 1:40 PM
Feb 2016
Lumen Histoire... 3rd origin.... Maybe if Wendy and Chelia really lose their magic and like Mavis said that Lumen Histoire has infinite magic. Maybe before the end battle begins Wendy and Cheria can "eat" a bit of Fairy Heart and somehow get their magic back? But if they really do lose their magic next episode. How can they heal Charle/Carla? Maybe there is a bit of magic power left in them before it's gone.
Feb 29, 2016 2:29 PM

Apr 2014
even tho natsu isn't in this chapter i just wanna say that he hasnt even used second orgin still he holding back
Feb 29, 2016 3:21 PM

Feb 2014
lol even if wendy lost her magic hiro would pull some bs and make it come back at one point. Honestly no tension on that decision right there.

I'm happy that Ultear isn't actually there tho tbh. Would've been mad if she actually just came back from her old ass form.
Ramkec said:
This is honestly how I've been feeling. Kinda sad about it too.
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Feb 29, 2016 3:30 PM

Aug 2015
Mr_Perv_ said:
even tho natsu isn't in this chapter i just wanna say that he hasnt even used second orgin still he holding back

Natsu is using second origin all the time ...
Azula_Kuo said:
Lumen Histoire... 3rd origin.... Maybe if Wendy and Chelia really lose their magic and like Mavis said that Lumen Histoire has infinite magic. Maybe before the end battle begins Wendy and Cheria can "eat" a bit of Fairy Heart and somehow get their magic back? But if they really do lose their magic next episode. How can they heal Charle/Carla? Maybe there is a bit of magic power left in them before it's gone.

That's why i wanna Chelia to take main spotlight and only her use 3rd origin she;s a god slayer and Dimaria use God Mode (:P) Wendy then would keep her magic and particate in fight with Acnologia without any BS on returning Magic to her

ChutneyTooSpicy said:
Reasonable explanation as to why Ultear just showed with the time mumbo jumbo. As much as I wanted Dimaria to defeat the Sky sisters and someone else then step in to fight her, I'm liking the idea they will lose their magic to gain this power up to defeat this OP opponent. But Wendy losing her dragon slayer magic is BIG considering Acnologia is around. Incoming plot Armour?

Technically yes ( if DS are Acnologia targets ) Wendy after losing her magic would be safe from Acnologia .
Dream95 said:
eh not a bad way to bring ultear back. Seems like she's still old.
dimaria seems like the most op spriggan so far, but we all know she's gonna be taken out like all the others -_-.
good chapter though.

Most hack spriggan i dare to say

BTW: anyone else saw Frieza shot Dende when Dimaria shot Carla?
Dimaria=Frieza , Wendy/Chelia=Krillin,Gohan ,Ultear= Picollo xD
Feb 29, 2016 7:41 PM

Mar 2014
Wendy not being able to use magic ever again if she uses the Third Origin...? :( That sucks.
Feb 29, 2016 10:37 PM

Jul 2014
lol wtf did i just read
"Hi!"
Feb 29, 2016 11:00 PM

May 2014
G_Spark233 said:
AllenNoah said:
So, considering how she was getting pushed back by the Sky Sisters before transforming, two questions come to mind:
1. How well would Kagura've performed were she able to move during DiMaria's time stop?
And 2. Why didn't Ultear help Kagura?

1. One on one? She would've lost. Wendy and Shelia couldn't even see the attack coming.
2. Because the plot didn't demand it.
I would've gone more with the fact that as a writer, you group Ultear with Crime Sorciere and seeing as how they just showed up, it makes sense that Ultear would show up. It's part of writing that you group people and organize events based on how groups are involved. It seems more fitting that she shows up with Crime Sorciere.
Mar 1, 2016 12:01 AM

Jul 2007
Oh look, Ultear's appearance is an asspull that makes no sense(since its not even the first time the perv spriggan(dont care to remember the name) stops time)

Oh look a Spriggan almost did something that matters! Oh nevermind, Ultear asspulled it away.

Oh look a Spriggan is finally showcasing power worthy of the title! Oh nevermind, another Ultear asspull. I guess its time for Wendy to punch out a god by using TOMORROWS share of magic power(again). :^)
Gods how I hoped that bullshit like that part of Tenrou Island arc would never happen again...

Of course it will make her unable to use magic ever again, but if the rest of chapter is something to go by - those consequences will be asspulled away anyway. If Nasu can asspull away cancer and tumours, Aquarius can asspull away her key breaking, Ultear can asspull away sacrificing herself and Laxus can asspull away his own death, then it should be a peace of cake to asspull away this.

The question is - will this be as embarrassingly anti-climatic as God Serena's end or Ajeel?...

Oh and yeah, "Third origin" is fucking bullshit that never was even hinted at. What a surprise.

3/5
AhenshihaelMar 1, 2016 12:06 AM
Mar 1, 2016 12:06 AM
Mar 2016
If there was a 3rd origin like this, why wouldn't Natsu and the other dragon slayers got this power up when they were still kids 300 years ago? With all of their combined power of the future they could've beaten Acnologia...
Mar 1, 2016 1:59 AM

Apr 2008
DutchEZmoder said:
If there was a 3rd origin like this, why wouldn't Natsu and the other dragon slayers got this power up when they were still kids 300 years ago? With all of their combined power of the future they could've beaten Acnologia...

Ultear wasn't around nor was any time mage of her level involved with the plan?
TyrelMar 1, 2016 6:16 PM
Mar 1, 2016 6:19 AM

Nov 2015
ok so this was a very good chapter,ultear isnt magically young again so her sacrifice is still relevant.Dimaria has some op takeover that would make even mira jealous.

after reading the spoilers,i thought third origin would be another bullshit power up but it actually kinda makes sense and has a decent price to pay so all in all im happy.we all know charle isnt going to die but this fight is about to get epic
Mar 1, 2016 6:24 AM

Oct 2010
Long story short, Ultear exists because Mashima couldn't figure out how to logically beat Dimaria so he needed someone to use as a plot device for a powerup.
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Mar 1, 2016 8:19 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
I hate how the author won't let anyone die, way to lame. But this is basically a kids manga so what should I expect.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Mar 1, 2016 9:03 AM
Nov 2015
Jicetus said:
I hate how the author won't let anyone die, way to lame. But this is basically a kids manga so what should I expect.

And it's meant to be for people who like light hearted stuff.
Mar 1, 2016 9:30 AM
Mar 2016
Arashi89 said:
Arashi89 said:

Then why the hell do you watch it? You people should start to enjoy life and not always complaining. You behave like you'd paid to watch this manga. 😂 Please search a girlfriend or a boyfriend (not sure what you are). It is easy if you hate something or dont like it then stop watch it. Its like me who is annoyed of Oda dragging the One Piece story too much. I just stopped it and didnt destroyed a manga for this and for others. You act like Fairy Tail was never like this.
Mar 1, 2016 9:36 AM
Mar 2016
Ramkec said:

Aha and why? Just cause you dislike something its not the opinions of everyone. There is a simple way. Stop watch Fairy Tail and you'll be happy. All I read is asspull here asspull there. Do you think Mashima will read it and modify the story so that you like it? I know Fairy Tail is not perfect but dude it is just a fictional story dont waste so much time on something that you dont like. Search for a girlfriend cause that is not normal anymore. People are always complaining as if they paid to read this.
Mar 1, 2016 9:52 AM

Nov 2010
I'm glad Ultear is not suddenly young again.

3rd Origin is a little confusing though. Will the power only last a short time or is it something that knocks off the years that it would take to get to that level? So they would be powerful until for example 25 years old, then lose all magic forever.

Mar 1, 2016 10:06 AM

Feb 2012
You95 said:
Ramkec said:

Aha and why? Just cause you dislike something its not the opinions of everyone. There is a simple way. Stop watch Fairy Tail and you'll be happy. All I read is asspull here asspull there. Do you think Mashima will read it and modify the story so that you like it? I know Fairy Tail is not perfect but dude it is just a fictional story dont waste so much time on something that you dont like. Search for a girlfriend cause that is not normal anymore. People are always complaining as if they paid to read this.

Why? Cause its the same stuff all the time, nothing changes, the loop goes on, new enemies, same outcome. I never said what I said for everyone, I stated my opinion, for myself, and people are agreeing, cause they feel the same, its garbage. What's there to like? I don't care will Mashima read it or not, I don't buy his shit, so Idgaf.

Also who's alt is this account lol, come on your main and we'll talk more.
Mar 1, 2016 10:29 AM

May 2009
You95 said:
Arashi89 said:
Arashi89 said:

Then why the hell do you watch it? You people should start to enjoy life and not always complaining. You behave like you'd paid to watch this manga. 😂 Please search a girlfriend or a boyfriend (not sure what you are). It is easy if you hate something or dont like it then stop watch it. Its like me who is annoyed of Oda dragging the One Piece story too much. I just stopped it and didnt destroyed a manga for this and for others. You act like Fairy Tail was never like this.

I read stuff to piss off guys like you. And from the sound of it looks like it worked. Please post more angry replies to me.
Arashi89Mar 1, 2016 10:44 AM
Mar 1, 2016 1:22 PM

Mar 2014
Chaos_Harbinger said:
Jicetus said:

And it's meant to be for people who like light hearted stuff.

I call bullshit on that . People always claim that and originally that was true but that's not been the case. Of course Hiro tries to keep it that way but he always breaks atmosphere and like I said before his more darker stuff gets more attention. Tartaros is a prime example. Very popular arc yet some dark and messed up shit for FT standards. The first few chapters Jackal murders the magic council and holds a pregnant lady hostage threatening to kill her if Lucy doesn't choose between her or the douchebag ex councilman. Fucked up sadistic bastard right? Throw in the destruction of Magnolia and manipulation of Elfman to murder his own guild plus the brutal torture of Erza(who was once a child slave) and also add demon lesbians because hot sinful and sadism is surely "light hearted" and that's just a few chapters. It's like Hiro was dumped and was broody and watched a few episodes of different seinen series and decided to add some on battle shonen level

Rave in general was more darker and is considered by many to be better than Fairy Tail

This arc is just... Coasting along. some decent chapters and 465 which is still one of my favorites but the arc should feel "bigger"
TheGrandSage23Mar 1, 2016 3:32 PM
Mar 1, 2016 3:35 PM

Jun 2014
Damn good chapter! Goodjob Hiro! I hope you will stay true to your story telling and don't let the lolis have their Magic power back!
Mar 1, 2016 6:10 PM

Oct 2011
Honestly what makes me really mad is that Hiro just keeps pulling things out of nowhere to beat the Spriggans.I thought Gray,Juvia and Lyon would help the sky-sisters but no, looks like they will just have to beat foot soldiers since the 3 Spriggans on their side are already being engaged.

Laxus owned Wahl with a sudden power of his grand-grandfather that he never even had any connection whatsoever, not to mention the whole drama of Laxus being extremely sick and then gets treated 2chapters later.

Now Ultear comes back, sure she only exists in that space but still the explanation for that is "For whatever reason", that's the same level as the "Because she's Erza".

Ultear saying they will never use magic again, surely that will happen right, it's not like Wendy is a super important type of wizard needed for the ultimate villain of the series.

This arc so far is a complete joke compared to other Balam Alliance arcs, while the villains at first seemed interesting, they just don't deliver and I'm starting to think they really won't solely because Ishigar still has to deal with Acnologia, so everyone needs to be in shape for that.

Like seriously, I loved this arc in the beginning, every little bit of it, every single HYPE it had and the fact it involved almost every single characters we know, but the outcome of the so hyped Spriggans so far has been a letdown and I'm starting to have doubts if they will ever do something major, mabe 1 or 2 of them will but that's not much considering there are 12 of them.
Mar 1, 2016 8:34 PM

Mar 2012
I guess I'm pretty fortunate to read the previous chapter along with this one in one go. Glad Ultear's sacrifice earlier wasn't sht all over and that she wasn't physically brought back to how she was before (as much as I would personally love that). All the same, Ultear showing up now and presenting Third Origin is quite the plot convenience. Ah well, enjoyed this chapter enough since Ultear panel time, lol.

Let's see what "sacrifices" will be made as a result of Third Origin now.
Mar 3, 2016 4:50 AM

Mar 2015
Fairy Tail is getting good again. Ultear existence in this chapter is understandable.
Not to mention, Wendy panty flash.

I think Charle will not die.

I think Wendy will win.

4.5/5
Mar 3, 2016 8:00 AM

Dec 2015
Perfectionists, manga specialists, everywhere....
ughh.. i better get used to this (me telling myself)
why dont they create their own manga if they really know so much about whats right and wrong??
Its hilarious though they still keep reading chapters after chapter..
(haah.. einstein)
Mar 3, 2016 8:57 AM

Dec 2009
aneheim said:
why dont they create their own manga if they really know so much about whats right and wrong??
(haah.. einstein)

No matter what series it is, there is bitching everywhere. I've dealt with this in Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, and Hunter X Hunter forums. It just seems like shounen anime/manga are targeted the most for criticism even though they're intended to be fun, Fairy Tail being no exception.

Just ignore the pure hate and cynicism though and judge it on your own terms. The series isn't perfect but I love the world and characters, so a few annoying things here or there doesn't ruin for the series for me like it does other people.
Mar 3, 2016 11:00 AM
Mar 2015
I think we should all take a shot when the word asspull is posted on this forum, vodka
Mar 3, 2016 11:03 AM

Dec 2011
Lol 3rd Origin is an asspull >.<
Well if this happens for both Wendy and Chelia, I can see that they may get adult forms when activated.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2016 11:59 AM

Mar 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
aneheim said:
(haah.. einstein)

No matter what series it is, there is bitching everywhere. I've dealt with this in Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, and Hunter X Hunter forums. It just seems like shounen anime/manga are targeted the most for criticism even though they're intended to be fun, Fairy Tail being no exception.

Just ignore the pure hate and cynicism though and judge it on your own terms. The series isn't perfect but I love the world and characters, so a few annoying things here or there doesn't ruin for the series for me like it does other people.

If people bring up legitimate problems why do people like you retort with buzzwords? There is no hate here it's people pointing out its problems. Just because something is fun doesn't mean it's immune to criticism. Pure hate and cynicism is saying the series or the arc is terrible because of a few chapters which makes little sense. That's not what's being said.

Almost everyone hated the outcome of Erza's fight with Kyouka but still hypes Tartaros. It was just a chapter and a bad one. Same situation here. What people are complaining about here is Ultear's lack of a decent explaination and the mention of Third Origin which came out of nowhere and already people weren't fond of Second Origin
Mar 3, 2016 1:31 PM

Dec 2009
TheGrandSage23 said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

If people bring up legitimate problems why do people like you retort with buzzwords? There is no hate here it's people pointing out its problems. Just because something is fun doesn't mean it's immune to criticism. Pure hate and cynicism is saying the series or the arc is terrible because of a few chapters which makes little sense. That's not what's being said.

Almost everyone hated the outcome of Erza's fight with Kyouka but still hypes Tartaros. It was just a chapter and a bad one. Same situation here. What people are complaining about here is Ultear's lack of a decent explanation and the mention of Third Origin which came out of nowhere and already people weren't fond of Second Origin

Why do people like you jump on me and others for daring to point out some of the hate is unfounded? I'm not using buzzwords, I'm legitimately calling out the people that act like Fairy Tail is shit now or whatever because the plot went in directions they didn't like.

I'm not just talking about complaining about the bullshit that's happened in this arc, but the people acting like it ruins the entire series when FT has always been about the Nakama power asspulls. That's what this fucking series is, even with the darker arcs that have happened, Hiro has stated since the beginning he wanted this series to be fun and light hearted for the most part.

You can't tell me there aren't people in the forums just outright shitting on the entirety of Fairy Tail due to this arc, which I WILL call pure hate and cynicism. You need to realize I wasn't talking about people complaining about the recent chapters or just this arc, but the ones that are literally acting like it ruins the god damn series. God you really pissed me off with your comment.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 310 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanic - Nov 30, 2012

82 by aoo-kun »»
May 16, 5:52 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 306 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

azeriraz - Nov 1, 2012

111 by aoo-kun »»
May 16, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 302 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SilentTruth - Oct 4, 2012

105 by aoo-kun »»
May 15, 5:31 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 298 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Azokrad - Sep 7, 2012

242 by aoo-kun »»
May 13, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 297 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

azeriraz - Aug 31, 2012

284 by aoo-kun »»
May 12, 10:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.