Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 20, 2016 9:50 PM

Jun 2015
It is very sad to say this but durarara is coming to an end. I have been with this anime for so long and have been getting so attached to the characters over this long period of time. Since this anime is ending, i think it would be cool to talk about out favorite characters from this series. So list your favorite characters or list favorites if there is more than one character that you like the most or if you just want to give more characters a mention.

Personally my favorite character, which has not changed since the beginning of the anime is Izaya Orihara. His personality is amazing. His philosophy on people is interesting and the way he manipulates people is always entertaining. While many things he does can be considered wrong, his reasons behind his actions and his reactions to situations make these cruel actions just another reason to love his character.

Another character that i have been liking a lot recently is Kasane Kujiragi. Her seemingly blank personality is completely made up for when you start to see her true self and what she is actually interested in. She will have you confused, then laughing, then hyped, then thinking wtf. You can never predict her.

It is also a little weird to say this but i also really like shizuo as a character. Izaya is still my favorite but i really like shizuo as well. He has some really badass moments. His character development is also fantastic with him coming to terms with himself and learning how to act more human

Durarara has so many amazing characters and i would love to talk about all of them but tell me your favorite(s).
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 20, 2016 10:54 PM

Oct 2015
A tie between Seiji and Vorona (yes I'm that weird). Since the beginning I’ve been interested in both characters and I really like their character development for both of them. (I like Seiji more in the light novels though, he is more complex). As you said, I like Kujiragi for being so unpredictable, Mika and Haruna are in this category for me too.
But really, even though I have characters who are my least favourites in Durarara, I can’t deny that I find every single one interesting (even the most secondary ones) I could talk about every single one of them for hours.
Feb 21, 2016 12:51 AM

May 2009
I like all the char in this anime because each of the character is unique, but if I have to pick one.. my fav char is Erika Karisawa because I like her otaku personality.
fideldesuFeb 21, 2016 12:55 AM
Feb 21, 2016 12:53 AM
Jun 2015
Erika, Izaya and Anri are my favorites.
Feb 21, 2016 1:27 AM
Jan 2013
That one fuckin pedestrian that Narita never bothered to introduce... they are heroes the spirit of the time.
Feb 21, 2016 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
*stares at avi, huddles in corner to cry*

As much as I appreciate the potential that Nasujima had as a character no one else sees what I see. He is a horrid person, of course, but somehow very meaningful to me based on what I've done with him on my own accord. He was just seeping with dark story arc potential, too bad that'll never happen because pandering.

Aside from that, I like Chikage, Shinra, Celty, the van weirdos, and Anri. I also appreciate watching Mikado's progressive insanity. Shizuo is okay, but doesn't do a great deal for me. Izaya is among my least favorite if not my least favorite overall.
removed-userFeb 21, 2016 3:21 PM
Feb 24, 2016 5:51 PM

Mar 2009
Celty's probably my number 1. And then of course Shizuo, like most other fans of the show. I also like Erika and Anri.

Mikado's definitely a fascinating character, as well. I'd like to go back one day and watch the series from the beginning, just to see how much he's changed...or more like, how long he went by hiding his true self.

That aside, Izaya's sisters needed a bigger role. They're fun characters, so it's a shame they're barely around.
Feb 24, 2016 10:07 PM
Jan 2015
Shizuo definitely, then probably Celty.

Izaya is also up there follow by characters like Kadota, Erika, Chikage, Vorona, and most recently Kasane.
My Queens

Feb 25, 2016 5:50 PM

Jun 2015
Mormegil said:
Celty's probably my number 1. And then of course Shizuo, like most other fans of the show. I also like Erika and Anri.

Mikado's definitely a fascinating character, as well. I'd like to go back one day and watch the series from the beginning, just to see how much he's changed...or more like, how long he went by hiding his true self.

That aside, Izaya's sisters needed a bigger role. They're fun characters, so it's a shame they're barely around.

I think Izaya's sisters are supposed to have a bigger role to play in the sequel light novel titled durarara SH. Hopefully it gets an adaptation
Feb 25, 2016 5:58 PM

May 2015
Izaya definitely. The man is a dick, but he's a dick with such style you can't help but cheer him on. He manipulates, counter-manipulates, never loses his cool, and can go one-on-one with Shizuo.

I also like Varona a whole lot for being 100% badass.

And, like the people above mentioned, Kujiragi became a favorite of mine. She's like Izaya, only a lot less trolling and more cold and calculating.
Feb 25, 2016 8:53 PM

Jan 2014
You should make a poll
Feb 26, 2016 2:19 AM
Aug 2015
Izaya is my favorite character,I mean I think his personality is unique and he acts like he cares about the humans but in real he just wanted to see how they handle themselves facing different problems created by him.I think he hates human beings but he loves human mind and psychology.His love for people is so mixed with his interest in their actions ,as result he can't make differences between those feelings,or probably he just hate them...idk..his personality is so complex and interesting.
Feb 26, 2016 7:53 AM
Jul 2018
Here is to me never understanding why Izaya seems to have mass appeal, but then again I've almost always hated the guy from the start and throughout. While at first I was the slightest bit amused by his awful antics and repulsed by others, now I can steadfastly say that he pisses me off. I've always wanted to rightfully punch the bastard in the face.

I would make a thread about it, but the reception i would receive really ain't worth risking that. I already did a Nasujima thread so doing the exact juxtaposition to it where I ask if its rightful to dislike one of the series' most "loved" characters would be ridiculous and subject me to all the more possible confusion or worsely, hate.

Honestly, my favoritism towards Nasujima would seemingly make my Izaya disinterest and annoyance all the more ironic as well, seeing how they are equally deplorable, but I truly feel like in Izaya's case his motives are all the more empty, even though I've tried to understand the reasoning behind them, in turn reading the novel and glimpsing at his story therein. Physically he's not as appealing to me either, all personality aside his looks have always resembled a weasel too much for my taste, there are some dudes who can pull it off, but I don't see how he's so "sexy" as fangirls describe. Aside from that i like Shizuo, but identify too much with his violence and impulses ruling him aspect to let him be one of my favorites. I migrate far more towards the "deplorable abuser with likely dark backstory" category ala Nasujima or the "cute flirt or hopeless perv" along the lines of Shinra, Chikage. I also uncommonly like Akabayashi as well. I dunno. Is that so weird? I always feel like I've wanted Izaya's ass kicked and maimed from the damn start and really can't form much appreciation towards him at all. If anything I'd be perfectly content if he was just killed off entirely to pave way for new villainy.
removed-userFeb 26, 2016 8:05 AM
Feb 26, 2016 8:00 AM

Oct 2014
Definitely Izaya. Just love his personality. ^^
I also like Celty a lot. And Shizuo. Heck, they're all awesome.
Feb 26, 2016 9:38 AM

Nov 2008
Izaya DEFINES Durarara. The show can't exist without him. XD

Feb 26, 2016 9:42 AM

Nov 2013
Shizuo and Celty.

I just wish that we finally could get rid of Shitzaya..
Feb 26, 2016 10:49 AM
Mar 2013
Shizuo is my favourite. Then comes Anri and Kujiragi.
Feb 26, 2016 1:38 PM

Apr 2014
Izaya, Shizou, Celty and Erika - on good days even Anri and Izaya's sisters perhaps.
Feb 26, 2016 1:39 PM

Apr 2014
Sensui said:
Shizuo and Celty.

Why? What did it ever do to you?
Feb 26, 2016 2:16 PM
May 2014
In the first season Izaya

In the second season Aoba

In durarara SH Kuon
Feb 26, 2016 3:01 PM

Mar 2014
Izaya's been my favorite since Day 1 but right now it's a tie between him and Shizuo because of his adorable manière d'être and hnnng Daisuke Ono

Other favorite characters of mine include Celty, Vorona, Aoba and recently Kujiragi

But honestly I don't even dislike my least favorite characters in this show. They all have their own special quirks and unique personalities (which is one of the reasons why I like this series so much)
Sensui said:
Shizuo and Celty.

Sorry fam, Shizaya is and will always be canon and there is nothing you can do about it.

Even the official art says so
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 26, 2016 6:10 PM

Oct 2015
Chiibi said:

Yes it can, it is called Durarara SH
Feb 26, 2016 6:16 PM

Oct 2015
Comic_Sans said:
Izaya's been my favorite since Day 1 but right now it's a tie between him and Shizuo because of his adorable manière d'être and hnnng Daisuke Ono

Other favorite characters of mine include Celty, Vorona, Aoba and recently Kujiragi

But honestly I don't even dislike my least favorite characters in this show. They all have their own special quirks and unique personalities (which is one of the reasons why I like this series so much)
Sensui said:
Shizuo and Celty.

Sorry fam, Shizaya is and will always be canon and there is nothing you can do about it.

Its not "official" art per se, is just art from the anime... it is not the same; the only drawings that are canon, are the ones from the light novels, these are just mischaracterization of the Shizuo and Izaya from the original source.
Feb 26, 2016 6:17 PM

Mar 2014
vlad_russo said:
Comic_Sans said:

Its not "official" art per se, is just art from the anime... it is not the same; the only drawings that are canon, are the ones from the light novels, these are just mischaracterization of the Shizuo and Izaya from the original source.
Stahp

I was getting my hopes up :(
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 26, 2016 6:19 PM
Aug 2013
Izaya, Celty and Shizuo are the ones that have made this anime the most worthwile for me.

Gonna be sad to see this series come to an end.
Feb 26, 2016 8:06 PM
Jul 2018
vlad_russo said:
Chiibi said:

unfortunately some might say the sunset novel or w/e surrounding the bastard counterbalances that
what DRRR needs is a new villain
a really sinister one
who ain't izaya
that would be nice

crosses fingers tightly in hopes of something thatll never happen in a million years

@ this point in time i have admittedly dropped sh due to personal issues combined with the fact that it's the same thing as the first novels all over again with different cast who i don't particularly care about, but if something virtually more interesting happens and shitzaya goes off and is replaced by someone even more sinister who can keep my attention than maybe i'll hop onboard the bandwagon again. till then i'm starved for something i will never get, and i want to cry because i value things that no one else does and feel like narita's pandering with the sunset novel and using the same 2 guy 1 chick setup through sh honestly

it all just saddens me

give me a villain
removed-userFeb 26, 2016 10:53 PM
Feb 27, 2016 5:56 AM
May 2014
dizzyur said:
vlad_russo said:

unfortunately some might say the sunset novel or w/e surrounding the bastard counterbalances that
a really sinister one
who ain't izaya
that would be nice

crosses fingers tightly in hopes of something thatll never happen in a million years

@ this point in time i have admittedly dropped sh due to personal issues combined with the fact that it's the same thing as the first novels all over again with different cast who i don't particularly care about, but if something virtually more interesting happens and shitzaya goes off and is replaced by someone even more sinister who can keep my attention than maybe i'll hop onboard the bandwagon again. till then i'm starved for something i will never get, and i want to cry because i value things that no one else does and feel like narita's pandering with the sunset novel and using the same 2 guy 1 chick setup through sh honestly

it all just saddens me

give me a villain

So far Aoba and Kuon are pretty good villains and maybe Mikado stops being a librarian and gets back in the game

honestly I think Kuon is my new favorite character
Feb 27, 2016 7:11 AM

Sep 2014
My faves are Izaya, Shizuo and Celty. (previously Izaya is in my MAL top 10, now I replaced him with Shizuo)

I also like Masaomi, Erika, Anri... well, I like most of Drrr characters.
Feb 27, 2016 8:20 AM

Sep 2015
For favorites on Durarara I can't really come up with a definite answer because I like everyone so much. Characters that are most enjoyable to watch are basically all of them except Kida because he's such a good kid and why does he have all these terrible things happening to him. WHY.

Ok ok. Good people in the show I find to be my favorites like Kida, Shizuo, Celty (yellow is the color of friendship?) But characters I like as people? Only Shinra, Celty, Kida, Anri, and Shizuo. I honestly don't know why I became so obsessed with Shinra even though he's one of the most twisted in the show. It might be because I like the way he thinks and motives and such. Anri's a little more normal but there's an aching feeling of 'she's using them isn't she?' but she genuinely likes Mikado and Kida (like Shinra with Celty or Izaya with humans) so it's A-OK... I think.

This show has such great characterization Q.Q
Feb 27, 2016 11:18 AM
Jul 2018
Dilandau7 said:
dizzyur said:

a really sinister one
who ain't izaya
that would be nice

it all just saddens me

give me a villain

So far Aoba and Kuon are pretty good villains and maybe Mikado stops being a librarian and gets back in the game

honestly I think Kuon is my new favorite character

nasujima probably won't come back but i want him to very badly
i feel like i'm being drained of all my hopes and dreams
even narita likes him less than i do

removed-userMar 21, 2016 7:28 AM
Feb 27, 2016 11:20 AM

Nov 2012
shizuo is love, shizuo is life
Feb 28, 2016 7:08 PM
Feb 2016
I like the character arc that Shizuo had through the 4 seasons. From being complete unable to control his rage to be able to control it to some degree, although its clear on the current episode that he was to finish off Izaya so he can continue his growth as a mature person. I also like Aoba and Mikado chemistry as leader and lieutenant. I hope that Aoba gets involved in more of the events of DRRR SH
JackTheBlackFeb 28, 2016 7:15 PM
Feb 28, 2016 7:27 PM

May 2014
Shizuo and Izaya own the scene every time either are on screen(but both at the same time? nosebleeds. lots of nosebleeds.)

In the end Celty and Shinra are my favorite characters, besides their great chemistry I love the awkward situations they're in and how cute they are with each other, and I can't wait to find that new special/ova/whatever of their date, it looks super cute ^-^
Feb 28, 2016 9:11 PM

Aug 2014
Shizuo since the first season.
But now my favorites are Shizuo, Vorona, Kadota, Erika, Anri, Celty, Akabayashi.

I don't really like Izaya but i like the moment when Shizuo meets him.
Iii-zaa-yaa..
Mar 2, 2016 2:39 AM

Aug 2015
Izaya and always Izaya xD~
Mar 8, 2016 11:10 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Tom Tanaka and Celty are my favorites.
Tom is just... me, tbh. I'm paying attention 100% every time he's on the screen. :U I also really admire his true friendship-- to be honest, I often admire characters who stand out to me as true blue friends and don't just always take, probably because it's type of person I try to be and the type of person I try to hang around. Best Tom.

Celty is just a really awesome character. I don't see too many female characters like her who don't also serve as fanservice for a lot of their time on screen. She's strong but she still has her own personality besides just "the strong one" or "strong one with tragic backstory and thus strong" like you might usually see strong females as. And instead of being the strong one whose purpose on paper is to pretty much aide the "leader"/MC or something, she's doing her own thing on her own quest: trying to find her head. The best part is, her quest isn't just in the background/doesn't just show up one episode, quest is complete in that episode, half-hearted development surrounding quest, and then the quest is never heard from again; her quest is a pretty big deal to the story. Like wow, Celty is a pretty awesome character.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 10, 2016 1:58 PM

Aug 2013
That is very simple

Mar 10, 2016 2:10 PM

Apr 2010
Shizuo is my favourite :D
Mar 10, 2016 3:27 PM

Apr 2014
Masaomi, or Izaya.

Masaomi is really good when it comes to comedy relief, and he can kick ass. Plus, watching his fight scenes always provide hype, that gets me ready for the next episode. Not only that, but the dude has balls; he took on the entire Yellow Scarves/Blue Squares-hybrid, and didn't back down. He even nearly killed Horada with a tire iron, for God's sakes.

Izaya is just a dick, who gets his kicks from screwing with people. How can you not like a character like that? He's smart enough to set everything up in a way that resembles dominos, and then is able to knock them down in a certain way, that skips over some and affects others, leading to a huge mess for other people. I will admit, though, since LN vol. 4, or x2's start, he has been lacking like crazy. He is the same 'ol Izaya personality-wise, but in strength, he's losing the competition.
"I have to work harder than anyone else to make it! I'll never catch up otherwise...! I want to be like you...! Like you. The strongest hero.""
Mar 10, 2016 4:58 PM

Jun 2015
DarknessSerpent said:
That is very simple

lol. Durarara has a lot of characters so it is tough to pick just one
Mar 10, 2016 5:36 PM
Jul 2018
Shizuo has always been my favorite and of course alongside the otp celty and shinra
Mar 11, 2016 4:23 AM

Oct 2015
Walker anyone?? :D
Shizuo is second :)
then Orihara sisters <3
Mar 11, 2016 4:21 PM
Jul 2014
Rokujo cos I feel I relate to him and he's a funny yet somewhat omniscient observer of the internal strife in Ikebukuro. And he's one of the nicer ones all things considered.

Secondly, Simon. Ever since season 1 where he's shown to rival Shizuo in strength yet be the blue oni to shizuo's red. And the Varona flash backs he's so frikking badass.
Mar 11, 2016 4:52 PM

Jun 2009
orihara izaya for sure :D
Mar 12, 2016 12:46 AM

Jul 2014
Izaya

I honestly don't know how I would rank the other characters after him. I like a lot of them almost equally.
Mar 12, 2016 5:55 AM

Oct 2015
Daru-sama said:
Walker anyone?? :D
Shizuo is second :)
then Orihara sisters <3

Cant decide who is my favorite between Shizou and Walker their moments in the show are the most hilarious and entertaining to me. My third favorite character has to be Celty then Mikado who's insanity and the reasons for it I can understand.
Mar 12, 2016 9:26 AM

Aug 2008
Definitely Heiwajima Shizuo.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 12, 2016 10:57 AM

Aug 2014
It's three-way tie between Shinra, Celty, and Shizuo. Shinra's a bit quirky but he's also very helpful and accodomates everyone no matter who they are. There's something to be said about a guy who can be friends with people on opposite ends like Izaya and Shizuo.

Celty has a good heart and also looks out for others too. Her concern for Mikado earlier on in the series and for Anri really speaks to her character. Plus, her determination and strength are also great.

And Shizuo. Well what can I say about him that hasn't already been said by the posters above me? ^^

Despite the above, the character I am most interested in is Mikado. I'm very curious to see his role in these final episodes since Izaya places such importance on his actions.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Mar 16, 2016 1:19 AM
Jul 2015
Orihara Izaya hands down
Mar 20, 2016 7:32 PM

Apr 2012
Shizu and Shinra..
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

158 by Karva1 »»
Apr 22, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2016

117 by Karva1 »»
Apr 22, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

260 by AnimeBeckYor »»
Apr 10, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2016

85 by corvKa »»
Jul 21, 2023 3:04 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

95 by corvKa »»
Jul 21, 2023 2:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.