Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 1, 2016 6:30 PM

Feb 2014
So... after all... it's just Tama or it's Tama+Yuki?

At the end, tama's hair is grey now... it means it's Yuki + Tama (Mayu)? Even so... at the same time, calling her just Tama makes me thing that it's just Tama and not Yuki+Tama... so.. where is Yuki? This riddle bugged me now. O_o
Nov 6, 2016 9:44 PM
Jul 2018
Wow. That was the conclusion and back story to the series that I didn't know I needed. The extra material was really well done. If not confusing as all hell. I'll rewatch the whole series + movie back to back at some point. I thought I remembered most of the anime, but some things in this movie really threw me for a loop.

The ending was fantastic though. I'm so happy we finally got a reunion between Tama and Ruuko. That made the whole movie worth it for that alone.

I also believe i'm come up with an explanation for why Sachi was just in a coma the entire time. Remember that the LRIGs that take over the Selector's body are compelled to grant their wish. (the original series had a whole side story over that concept with the writer girl, if you remember) Sachi's wish was to save Rumi, but Rumi had already gotten into the game at this point and who knows how many body swaps she's gone there. There was no way to save Rumi in the real world. Sachi's wish was impossible to grant, thus her LRIG couldn't enter her body. Sachi as a LRIG hung around in other world until Ruuko came and ended the game. Only then was Sachi able to meet Rumi again.

Now where are they now? Either: 1. They have returned to their real bodies. 2. Yuki is in Rumi's body and Tama is in Sachi's, so they will forever be together in other world. 3. Rumi and Sachi have merged into one body now, leaving Yuki whereabouts unknown. It really just depends on if bodies can just be manifested out of nowhere or not. I believe Yuki took that body from the original Iona, so original Iona is back in that body. If I remember right.
removed-userNov 6, 2016 10:22 PM
Nov 14, 2016 7:55 PM

Jan 2011
The recap could have been handled better, but I liked the new scenes. Should have just put them in the series in he first place.
Apr 16, 2017 5:47 AM

Jun 2014
Finally got round to watching this and boy was it a disappointment.

Not only was it a hodgepodge mess but the ending is fan-pandering nonsense. Supposing then that Tama manages to occupy a real body and Ruko has mystical sixth sense that leads her to the rooftop, how the hell does it look like Tama unless Ruko herself has lost her marbles (not to mention no love for Yuki?!)?

I'm not buying into the Sachi body possession/stealing theory since it's too convenient to bypass the coma issue.

Then there's the Sachi side-story that was shoehorned in to give Ulith a happy ending, essentially rewriting her character from a natural born psychopath to be a lonely and broken crazy girl. Meh.

In the end, there was no apparent answer to Ruko's childhood freakishness foreshadowed by the tv series (unless I missed something).

Frustrating as it is, I feel this series never lives up to its potential after all.
Aug 17, 2017 2:20 PM

Feb 2015
i'm disappointed a little bit to be honest.
when i thought this movie is a recap but actually there was more in the ending so i watched only the ending without knowing that this movie is focusing on ulith. so to sum it up, they wanted to make it clear who is ulith and what will happen to her, and to be honest, i don't kinda like the conclusion of it.

put that aside, the scene that i wanted to see, i can finally see it. i really love it so much. midoriko meet hitoe, hanayo meet yuzuki, that chiyori meet eldora ? and moreover tama and ru. i just loved it BUT it kinda mixed up with ulith which is i don't really like about it. i don't really know. i have mixed up feeling about this movie. i think the ending of the s2 is better than making a summary of the ending. i mean making the ending like that in the s2 is much way better i think, without making the conclusion what happen to ulith since i dont really think no one cares about that character.

i think they can make another series rather than a movie with another new problem ratherr than make a s1 and s2 recap then fill it with ulith conclusion in the end.
for example they can make another problem using ulith.

and one more thing, if they put a god damn glimpse of yuki in the end, oh my i would love it so much.
i believe that is tama not tama+yuki.
YizelTroAug 17, 2017 2:24 PM
Oct 1, 2017 3:23 PM

Jul 2009
Most of it was a recap, but the new scenes were nice. 7/10
Apr 9, 2018 8:31 PM
Mar 2018
soo Sachi is the girl that the LIRG using her body jump into a car? and what happend to yuki?
May 14, 2019 12:01 AM

May 2015
I felt a bit lost at the beginning since I'm watching this movie after 3 years from watching the Selector Spread Wixoss simulcast but yeah it's a recap with new scenes focused on Ulith.
The way they did the ending of this movie is how Selector Spread finale should have been. It made all the ~1hr of recap worth it.
It was fantastic. A bit bitter they put so much recap tho. 8/10
Sep 12, 2021 3:01 AM

Feb 2014
It's been like 6 or 7 years since I watched the original TV series so I appreciated all the recap. I'm hoping to watch the new seasons so I'm glad I watched this beforehand to get a refresher on the show!

Although I'm still kinda confused about some things. Like, why are Rumi and Sachi still LRIG's at the end? Didn't all the LRIGs get turned back into girls at the end? Also, how did Sachi become a LRIG in the first place? She said she “passed through several girls' hands as a LRIG” but how did that happen in the first place if she kept losing?

But anyway, I'll give this an 8-9/10. Also that reunion scene between Ruuko and Tama at the end was wonderful, I'm so glad that was in there! I also really liked the song that played during it :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Preview

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2015

40 by adampaladin »»
Jun 4, 2016 11:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.