Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 24, 2016 8:05 AM

Feb 2015
Saikano was rough for me i powered through it in 2 days, I hated every second of it.
Jan 24, 2016 8:09 AM
Jul 2018
Fuchsia said:
struggled to finish yu yu hackusho in the end. felt like a choir.
Yeah man, I could have just as easily watched Glee, or gone to church, to get the same choir action as in YYH.
Jan 24, 2016 9:31 AM

Aug 2015
Black Lagoon and Cowboy Bebop sometimes I had to force myself through get some of the parts. Even though I do enjoy how unique they are pretty much with great soundtracks.

Jan 24, 2016 9:35 AM

Jun 2014
I'm gonna get hate for this, but, AoT-_-
Jan 24, 2016 10:48 AM
May 2010
Hunter x Hunter remake. People kept telling me that the good part is the final arc (chimera ant) which takes place, oh, about another 100 episodes in. I'm supposed to wait that long to get past the shounen cliches.
Jan 24, 2016 10:51 AM

Dec 2015
Owari no Seraph (Typical vampire vs. humans plot with a tacked-on gay romance for angst. Highly predictable and honestly one of the most unoriginal shows I've ever come across in my life. I only finished the series because one of my friends wouldn't shut up about it.)

Future Diary (Yuno carried the whole show for me. I spent the rest of the time wondering how something with such a high-stakes premise could be so... tedious seems like the best word to use. The contrivance of the entire scenario took away from my enjoyment as well. The same friend who wouldn't shut up about Owari no Seraph wouldn't shut up about this one either, and I find it really funny because she absolutely hated Yuno and I absolutely hated her favorite character. Moral of the story: I obviously need to grow a spine and stop bending to her pushy anime demands.)

Un-Go (A detective series that... didn't excite my curiosity in the least. The primary question of the series, that being why a certain demon/monster/whatever the heck she was supposed to be is latched onto the main character in the first place, was also never given a detailed explanation, which was the only thing I wanted to know from the get-go. So basically I just spent the whole series waiting for that to be explored and it never was.)

Le Portrait de Petit Cossette (Uuuuuugh. So short but felt so long. Though this one was probably just difficult to finish because of my personal bias. I can't stand anything that deliberately parallels Nabokov.)

Those are the biggest offenders anyway.
Goddess_RukusJan 24, 2016 11:22 AM
Jan 24, 2016 10:58 AM

Feb 2015
JkayW said:
Clannad was a fucking nightmare. Oh my. That forced/terrible comedy in the first season that I HAD to sit through to understand the second season which apparently was "sew sed, sew depressing, much masterpiss". The second season made me just sit there and say "I don't care". And then an ending that negated everything "sad" that HAPPENED!

I rated season one a two and season two a three.

The same with me, Watching Clannad is just a nightmare, but Clannad: After Story is good and very exciting to watch, at least for me.
Second anime I had trouble since this time is finishing FMA:B.
Last anime is, Detective Conan, because I stopped watching Detec Conan in EP720-750, then after I think 3 months or so, I finished up til EP800 within a month.
Jan 24, 2016 11:18 AM

Jan 2010
Kuma said:
NateMKII said:
Someone didn't pay attention when watching
i don't really has good memories so correct me if i am wrong., but as far as i watch all of endless 8, nagato always calm, even kyon mad at her. she doesn't really care about repeating things. than in movie,

Let's see how much I remember...

Anyways, I pick Hell Girl, particularly in the third series. Watching 78 episodes of humans being evil really takes a toll on you.
Jan 24, 2016 11:31 AM

Jan 2016
Sword Art Online

It was probably the worst anime I ever finished.

I'm glad I finished it though cause now I have every right to say it was bad.
"I love advertisements" - Nobody
Jan 24, 2016 11:44 AM

Jun 2015
SakuraKitsune said:

You shouldn't get any hate.
You don't like something, that is your own business. Maybe a mild argument, but that's it. People who ACTIVELY start arguing with someone who doesn't like what they like, are the lowest kind of lifeforms, that should be eradicated in order for the average IQ of the planet to go up.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Jan 24, 2016 12:12 PM

May 2014
I only got couple of shows that I struggled with

Tamayura - total snorefest, why it even has comedy tag?

Love live school idol project - not sure why I even watched this when I knew beforehand that I would hate it. The story is not interesting and the drama feels really forced

also currently struggling with One Piece.
Jan 24, 2016 12:27 PM

Jan 2016
I've already finished them years ago, but I thought I would try to rewatch Dragon Ball and DBZ together....I just finally got to The Cell Games in DBZ after starting this shenanigan in October x.x
Jan 24, 2016 12:30 PM

Jan 2013
yumihuron said:
I've already finished them years ago, but I thought I would try to rewatch Dragon Ball and DBZ together....I just finally got to The Cell Games in DBZ after starting this shenanigan in October x.x

That's not that bad, it's a long running show with lots of episodes.
It's a great anime and is meant to be savoured :D
Jan 24, 2016 12:37 PM

Jan 2016
PrOxAnto said:
yumihuron said:

That's not that bad, it's a long running show with lots of episodes.
It's a great anime and is meant to be savoured :D

True. True. It's one of my favorite animes. After hearing about the new Dragon Ball series I thought I'd try and rewatch the whole thing...sadly I forgot how many damn episodes this entire series has! Haha
Jan 24, 2016 12:41 PM

Jul 2014
Mysterious Girlfriend X, its an interesting show but nothing really kept me watching, it was just they go to school, something happens, they walk home, kids eats her fucking saliva, then he sleeps n has some wierd dream. The saliva didn't even bother me becuse im already into ecchi n shit but I dunno the show was pretty boring outside of that. I never finished it though so, yeah.
Jan 24, 2016 12:44 PM
Jul 2018
I'm keep pushing myself to watch and complete Magica Madoka since it is on my On-Hold list but i don't really want to finish it
Jan 24, 2016 12:49 PM

Jul 2013
Love Hina, boring most of the time. Coyote Ragtime Show was boring after first episode. Also Sword Art Online II - loved first season but most of second season was boring.
Jan 24, 2016 1:29 PM
Mar 2015
Watching Haruhi is killing me, mainly because I don't know the fucking watch order and have resorted to just watching random episodes that aren't episode 6.
Jan 24, 2016 1:42 PM

May 2015
katsaroulhs said:
SakuraKitsune said:

You don't like something, that is your own business. Maybe a mild argument, but that's it. People who ACTIVELY start arguing with someone who doesn't like what they like, are the lowest kind of lifeforms, that should be eradicated in order for the average IQ of the planet to go up.

Yeah because someone rating something a 4 with no reason as to why is much better. LAMO.

Jan 24, 2016 2:05 PM

Jun 2015
Kittens-kun said:
katsaroulhs said:

Yeah because someone rating something a 4 with no reason as to why is much better. LAMO.

"no reason"

There is a reason. It sucks.

Why does it suck? Because I fucking said so.

MY rating, MY rules. Go ahead and rate it with a 10/10, I seriously don't give a fuck.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Jan 24, 2016 2:17 PM

Jan 2015
I'm going to get a lot of hate for all these shows. But Assassination Classroom was extremely painful to watch especially nearing the end. I ended up really having to push myself to complete the show because I was very close to finishing it anyway. In the end I ended up getting a massive headache from all the crap I got out of the show. It wasn't worth it, really.

Also, Kokoro Connect was hard too because the characters make me groan every time they talked.

The Seven Deadly Sins was also difficult because that's the show that made me realise how much I don't like shounen battle shows, especially near the end.

Both seasons of Psycho Pass too because of how boring and convoluted I thought it was. I don't even know why I decided to watch the second season anyway. It was much more boring.
Jan 24, 2016 2:18 PM
Apr 2013
Good question. One that comes to mind is Rurouni Kenshin. After Shishio dies, the next arc is just uninspiring. I can't care for it, but I'm sure i'll finish the show eventually.

As a whole, I liked Cromartie H.S., but nothing much happens in the end. It was painful to have to finish it.

I would love to finish Cyborg 009,mbut I can't find a site that shows the last 3 or so episodes.

If u check out my list, there are some that I haven't gotten around to finishing
Jan 24, 2016 2:21 PM

Jun 2014
katsaroulhs said:
SakuraKitsune said:

Guess I'm just used to immature fanboys/girls on youtube and facebook. lol
Jan 24, 2016 2:21 PM

Nov 2011
InuYasha, to finish this show I watched about 60 episodes with speed increased ~
Jan 24, 2016 2:24 PM
Apr 2013
HaXXspetten said:
Orange said:
Fairy Tail has been in my on-hold list for years and I don't feel the need to continue watching it.
Literally the only show I still have on-hold... RIP :/

OT: Aria and Mushishi took me an eternity to get through. Gintama took like 2 years to catch up to as well but that's way longer so it's more understandable

Yeah, that's another series I don't really feel get back into. At least now for a while
Jan 24, 2016 2:29 PM

Aug 2015
Kyoukai no Rinne and Accel World. I haven't gotten back to them for months
Jan 24, 2016 2:30 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Clannad was pretty hard to go throught, only the the half of the second season kinda redeemed the serie a little bit.
Beisde that, i have a bunch of stuff that i have On-Hold for too fuckin long now, like Cowboy Bebop, Shinseki Yori, Haruhi Suzumiya, Naruto, Bleach, Beelzebub (i think this one is on-hold for a year at least. :x)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 24, 2016 2:39 PM

Feb 2013
Kill la Kill, Inferno Cop and Fuuin Dai Shogun are the first ones that I can think about.
Jan 24, 2016 2:45 PM

Jul 2014
Usually don't force myself to finish series but Phantom Requiem.

Boring, stupid characters, and weird plot twist near the end made it hard to finish.
Jan 24, 2016 3:10 PM

Aug 2015
Nagi no Asukara. I struggled through these unbearable characters for 21 episodes before I finally decided to drop it. The interesting plot was completely overshadowed by poorly written melodrama to the point where I just couldn't give a damn anymore. I may finish it some day.

Kimi ni Todoke. Without a doubt the most frustrating anime I've watched. It had some hilarious moments and I liked most of the characters, but Sawako and Kazehaya's "romance" was almost painful to sit through seeing as how they're both too stupid and embarrassed to admit their feelings even though they BOTH know that the other loves them. And that one bitch that showed up partway through the series didn't help anything either.

Lucky Star. Even though I ended up enjoying Lucky Star overall, for some reason I found it hard to watch for a few episodes somewhere around episode 20. I suppose it could have been because at that point, it was starting to get repetitive at times.

Psycho-Pass. I have no clue why it was hard to finish. I loved this series. Maybe I'd just gotten burnt out due to the amount of anime I was watching at the time.
Jan 24, 2016 3:50 PM

Aug 2014
Today finally finished the KnK series, and gotta rewatch it soon, cause I don't know what to think of it xD
Same for Ergo Proxy

Monster was hard around the 17th~35th episodes: boring first halves, exciting second halves, again and again. After that I pretty much marathoned it.

Bakemonogatari: fisrt arc was nice, the second seemed terrible, had in on-hold for maybe 2 months, resumed and marathoned.

Same with Kill la Kill - initially stopping at ep 2 - and Steins;Gate at some point between 4 and 9.

The not so good cases being:
Jan 24, 2016 3:51 PM

May 2014
Kurozaku sth, the plot was everywhere.
Jan 24, 2016 3:58 PM

Aug 2008
Hanamonogatari. Tbh these arcs can be dreadful to trudge through but this one in particular was a real struggle. Tried to watch it over one weekend and instead it took me two months. For five episodes. Meh.
Jan 24, 2016 4:00 PM

Apr 2014
Casshern Sins. It depressed me deeply.
Jan 24, 2016 4:03 PM

May 2015
haruhi endless eight it was my first time skipping episodes
I thought theres no way they would do that right? right?. . right. . fuck
Jan 24, 2016 4:03 PM

Apr 2013
Honorable_Muse said:
For me it was Monster, there were points of genuine interest but they were few and far between. For something that was around 70 episodes or so i felt the payoff was unsatisfying as well. The first season of Clannad was a struggle too

I'm on episode 50 or so of Monster and really struggling to finish. SO hard to believe all the great reviews.
Jan 24, 2016 4:05 PM

Jun 2015
Flyball said:
Honorable_Muse said:
For me it was Monster, there were points of genuine interest but they were few and far between. For something that was around 70 episodes or so i felt the payoff was unsatisfying as well. The first season of Clannad was a struggle too

I'm on episode 50 or so of Monster and really struggling to finish. SO hard to believe all the great reviews.

Yeah I am thinking of watching it as well, but a friend who is currently watching it is saying the exact same thing.

I don't know what to believe anymore.
Seiya0890 said:

Wise words.
Jan 24, 2016 4:21 PM
Dec 2015
I stuggled with NANA, deathnote, sailor moon season 1, and probably others..
Jan 24, 2016 5:05 PM

Jun 2015
I try to watch every anime until the end, but some were really difficult and others were just impossible to finish.

Guilty Crown: Thought it was crap since ep 3, but I continued watching. By episode 8 it became torture to watch and even though I tried, couldn't watch past episode 13. One of the worst shit I've ever seen.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: Watched it with my brother because both of us had heard it was great. Watched the first 40 eps in 2 days and found it boring every step of the way. We finished the last 24 eps in the next four days, with me falling asleep in a couple of them. Even though we watched it rather quickly, it was a pain to do so. In my opinion one of the most boring and overrated shows ever.

Mirai Nikki: Watched in the span of 48 hours, but wanted to blow my brains out in the last 10 episodes. I only finished it because a good friend of mine told me it was one of the best things ever. Never felt so let down in my life.

Red Data Girl: Watched the first 4 episodes in one run. Needed more than 2 weeks to finish the other 8. I dunno what the hell P.A. Works tried to do with that novel.

Tokyo Ghoul √A: Watched it because although the first season wasn't really good, it ended with the potencial to have a good sequel. After the first 3 episodes I knew it was gonna be crap but tortured myself finishing it. Most wasted potencial ever, and one of the worst series I've seen.

Right now i'm struggling with Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd Gig. The anime is good but rather heavy, and I can't watch more than 1 or 2 episodes per day.
I'm also struggling with Shinsekai Yori. I started watching it in november and saw the first 10 episodes in 2 days. I found it boring and extremely stupid, but I'll finish it, someday... Just to see what all the fuss is about.
PerritoJan 24, 2016 6:17 PM
Jan 24, 2016 5:09 PM

Mar 2014
Rosario + Vampire: So many unnecessary panty shots/awkward moments
Clannad: Some episodes kinda dragged
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Same reason as Rosario + Vampire
Jan 24, 2016 5:21 PM

Oct 2014
Cowboy Bebop Samurai Champloo - Something about episodic anime is harder to marathon. I ended up enjoying them both anyway though.

Darker Than Black - Couldn't get myself to finish it. Maybe one day I'll pick it back up.
Jan 24, 2016 5:22 PM

Aug 2015
Punch Line. It was so bad and hard to watch.
Jan 24, 2016 5:29 PM

Jun 2015
Shigatsu, Mirai Nikki, and Evangelion are all good anime that I struggled to finish just basically due to lack of motivation.

Shugo Chara!! and the first season of Clannad both had a lot of annoying fillers so it took me a long time to finish. Shugo Chara took me nearly 2 years to finish both seasons.
Jan 24, 2016 5:41 PM

Dec 2012
To sum up Clannad, I gave both seasons a rating of 1. I still have yet to finish the last 3 episodes of season 2. I watched the 4th from the last episode with a friend who loves it, and told him that I just wasted 25 minutes of my life. This anime will eventually provoke me into typing out a LONG rant on how awful it was. Why is it rated so highly? IT SUCKS

Lucky Star... don't even get me started on this one. I was bored from the moment that episode 1 started. Now... me finishing that episode, wooo it took some EFFORT. Rated this series a 1.

For some reason, I really began to get bored in the latter half of Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino. Don't know why, but I just really had to push hard to finish it. Otherwise, I would've dropped it.
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Jan 24, 2016 5:41 PM

Jul 2015
Flyball said:
Honorable_Muse said:

Honestly unless your genuinely interested in how the anime is going to end or your a completionist theres no shame in stopping where your at. I will say from where your at the anime does start to pick up again around episode 68 or so to the end. Personally though even with those last few episodes i found myself not caring about the conclusion and was just relieved i had finished the thing.

If you feel its worth the grind maybe consider a mini marathon of it over the course of a few days.
Jan 24, 2016 5:53 PM

Jul 2015
katsaroulhs said:
Flyball said:

Yeah I am thinking of watching it as well, but a friend who is currently watching it is saying the exact same thing.

I don't know what to believe anymore.

Its not a bad anime however it is a VERY slow one, there were a few episodes that i absolutely loved however they were like 10 out of 74 and were spread throughout the series. Its a long haul anime, if your not genuinely interested in the "mystery" and where its heading after the first maybe 15-20 episodes its going to drag like a turtle in molasses. And even if you are interested you still may get burned out because of its pace. Despite that though as a mystery anime its well crafted, its a strange beast.
Jan 24, 2016 5:56 PM

Jul 2015
Perrito said:
I try to watch every anime until the end, but some were really difficult and others were just impossible to finish.

Guilty Crown: Thought it was crap since ep 3, but I continued watching. By episode 8 it became torture to watch and even though I tried, couldn't watch past episode 13. One of the worst shit I've ever seen.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: Watched it with my brother because both of us had heard it was great. Watched the first 40 eps in 2 days and found it boring every step of the way. We finished the last 24 eps in the next four days, with me falling asleep in a couple of them. Even though we watched it rather quickly, it was a pain to do so. In my opinion one of the most boring and overrated shows ever.

Mirai Nikki: Watched in the span of 48 hours, but wanted to blow my brains out in the last 10 episodes. I only finished it because a good friend of mine told me it was one of the best things ever. Never felt so let down in my life.

Red Data Girl: Watched the first 4 episodes in one run. Needed more than 2 weeks to finish the other 8. I dunno what the hell P.A. Works tried to do with that novel.

Tokyo Ghoul √A: Watched it because although the first season wasn't really good, it ended with the potencial to have a good sequel. After the fist 3 episodes I knew it was gonna be crap but tortured myself finishing it. Most wasted potencial ever, and one of the worst series I've seen.

Right now i'm struggling with Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd Gig. The anime is good but rather heavy, and I can't watch more than 1 or 2 episodes per day.
I'm also struggling with Shinseaki Yori. I started watching it in november and saw the first 10 episodes in 2 days. I found it boring and extremely stupid, but I'll finish it, someday... Just to see what all the fuss is about.

Red Data Girl......i think i forced myself to forget about that anime. The most uninteresting 12 episode anime i have ever seen lol
Jan 24, 2016 5:57 PM

Apr 2008
Clannad. I'm still struggling to get through to episode 3 to this day after having started it months ago.

You are afraid to die, and you're afraid to live. What a way to exist.
Neale Donald Walsch

Jan 24, 2016 7:29 PM

Jan 2015
Kokoro Connect. Everything about this show gave me a headache. Especially that drama, which was so bad and contrived I couldn't help but cringe.
Jan 24, 2016 7:57 PM

Mar 2015
Shocked said:
Kuma said:
i don't really has good memories so correct me if i am wrong., but as far as i watch all of endless 8, nagato always calm, even kyon mad at her. she doesn't really care about repeating things. than in movie,

Let's see how much I remember...

"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Does wearing sunglasses make female anime characters look hotter ?

KingSunWukong - 34 minutes ago

6 by tchitchouan »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you have ridiculously long ptw list? ( 1 2 3 )

Cammell - May 8

103 by rho34 »»
3 minutes ago

» Does Manhwa Anime reflect the Plastic Surgery Culture of Korea?

Dragevard - 1 hour ago

6 by Rhae »»
7 minutes ago

» Does your waifu know how to strike a good pose?

Catalano - 25 minutes ago

4 by tchitchouan »»
7 minutes ago

» It's good that sometimes you don't need to gatekeep a series when it does by itself

Damnits - 5 hours ago

13 by Rhae »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.