Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (18) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 29, 2016 8:21 PM

Aug 2011
Nagirah said:
Not at all. That spot as number 1 is reserved for our lord and savior Steins;Gate 0.

Do you really mean it or just joking. I love steins gate but I don't see its sequel topping fma or even the original, but what the hell do I know, no idea what's this new anime about
Jan 29, 2016 8:51 PM

Oct 2013
Toska said:
keragamming said:

Is it really only 13th anime that have reach 9+? That sounds farfetch.
I haven't been on MAL long enough to know exactly how many anime reached 9+ before, so I went by how many 9+ anime there were at the time I made the post, which was 12. Now it's 11 since OPM is no longer rated 9. :o

Oh, I thought you meant series that reach the 9+ range, whether they drop or not. Damn, that was quick, thought opm could hold up in the 9+ range until the month end.

So opm drop from 9.08-8.99 in just about 4 weeks after it ended.
Jan 29, 2016 9:04 PM

Oct 2007
leyendax10 said:
Nagirah said:
Not at all. That spot as number 1 is reserved for our lord and savior Steins;Gate 0.

Do you really mean it or just joking. I love steins gate but I don't see its sequel topping fma or even the original, but what the hell do I know, no idea what's this new anime about

It's more just like what's probably going to happen if you are even remotely aware of hype trends around MAL which I don't know you can't be because the site practically broadcasts what is the designate hype show and to come watch and be hyped up about it.
Jan 30, 2016 12:12 AM

Oct 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:

until get caught by mod..
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618&show=1600

Oh I totally believe it, this community is pretty fucked so that doesn't surprise me in the slightest. People are setting the show to 12/12 completed now too because if I'm not mistaken it makes it weighted heavier in the overall rankings.

u know the funny thing is..
a few weeks ago., I've tried to trace them back
and what happens next is they are back bombarded with insults and dropping list of my favorite anime.. lol

I think mal should create new rules
members who are aged 3 months and have at least 50 posts
can only give rating anime..
Saber
Jan 30, 2016 1:16 AM

Feb 2014
gembelela said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Oh I totally believe it, this community is pretty fucked so that doesn't surprise me in the slightest. People are setting the show to 12/12 completed now too because if I'm not mistaken it makes it weighted heavier in the overall rankings.

and what happens next is they are back bombarded with insults and dropping list of my favorite anime.. lol

Sounds like that could be an okay idea though maybe 2 week limit. Would definitely reduce fake accounts and trolls.
Jan 30, 2016 1:46 AM
Jan 2016
I definitely think so. I watched all available episodes of the anime, there's something about it that just has me hooked. The thing is, it may not have been the first anime to pull something as overused as time travel from it's pocket, but the budding relationship between the protagonist and the girl that met her tragic death is really appealing. I'm slowly becoming more invested in the story and I even check to see if a new episode has aired. So, in my opinion, sure, with the way it's going, it could definitely take the number one spot.

However, there are other great anime that are just as much contenders as Boku Dake
FaraCJan 30, 2016 1:50 AM
Jan 30, 2016 3:01 AM

Aug 2011
gembelela said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

3 months? But if the anime is 2-cour, then it could still get a boost from bots.

If we set a limit, it should be at least 4 years - how dare people rate an anime before they have the time to think whether it was really good or they just feel like it was.
Jan 30, 2016 3:26 AM
Jan 2016
Terminaato said:
gembelela said:

3 months? But if the anime is 2-cour, then it could still get a boost from bots.

If we set a limit, it should be at least 4 years - how dare people rate an anime before they have the time to think whether it was really good or they just feel like it was.

Maybe MAL could have 2 rankings: a "popular" one and an "elitist" one. In this way people can see both trends and real masterpieces in the rankings!
Jan 30, 2016 4:33 AM

Apr 2013
Well, it probably will hit at least 9.05-07 by the end of episode 5 at this trend.
Jan 30, 2016 5:30 AM

Apr 2014
Lol it's already above opm. That was quite fast.
Jan 30, 2016 6:04 AM
Jun 2015
nope, never. FMAB still the best anime of all time
Jan 30, 2016 6:12 AM

Apr 2013
If manga readers' concern on the pacing in future episodes is founded, then I expect a sharp decline. If not and it remains consistent till the end then maybe top 5 or in the best case scenario it reaches Steins Gate's score. Regardless, after a while it will start dropping as with every hyped anime on MAL.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jan 30, 2016 6:28 AM

Dec 2014
the final score for this will definitely be unprecedented

so yeah, it will apparently be #1 on mal
Jan 30, 2016 7:00 AM

Mar 2014
I can only imagine that a show like this will have an ending that 50% will love and 50% will hate. I hope I'll end up loving it, but I'm pretty sure the rating will drop
Jan 30, 2016 7:42 AM

Mar 2013
As a mangareader I'm quite sure the rating will drop and that this series will definitely not reach the top 1 on MaL leave alone the top 10.
There is and was a lot of salt and pissed off readers at the latest translated chapters of the manga and the story made some turns a lot of people disliked.
I still adore the manga and all it's happenings, but top 1 on MaL animewise definitely not.

guys this is a normal thing on MaL that during the airings some shows have a really high rating and get hyped like mad and later the overall score drops. There were so many examples of this happening.

And people should really stop saying this will be the top 1 or top 1-5 for sure if they don't know how the story develops.
Can you really say for sure that everyone who currently hypes this will still love this story with the same passion no matter how the story will eventually turn out to be?
I wouldn't bet on it.
Something something something
Jan 30, 2016 7:43 AM

Dec 2012
Maybe #5
Let's see

Jan 30, 2016 8:29 AM

May 2014
So you learn something new every day. Do you know why Erased is above OPM on the rankings? It's because its alphabetical order for ties. I would've thought that they would've stored more extra digits in the database for sorting purposes but it appears they don't.
Jan 30, 2016 9:00 AM

Mar 2015
Haven't read the manga, but I hear from many that towards the end it gets worse, which confirms what I'm about to say:

This kind of anime is the one with an ending that half of the people like, the other half hates it. The problem with this is that many people who hate the ending forget that they loved OVER HALF of the anime, before the part they hated came. Then those people will always rate an anime way lower than it should be.

So let's take me for example: I'm rating it 9 atm, if it keeps perfect like this it'll get a deffo 10, if the ending doesn't please me, but it keeps close to perfect, I'll keep it at 9, whether I like the ending or not. This is how people should rate. The problem is that most people don't, they all go: "OMG THEY SCREWED SUCH A GOOD ANIME AND IT TURNED TRASH!" then they fking rate it 1-5, like wth people..

If people would just forget about the things they hated for a sec and look at it rationally, they'd realise that many of the anime they rated should have a higher rating than they gave it. I myself often check my list out to see if I gave a fair score or not, to be sure I wasn't too influenced by my hatred towards certain things. This doesn't mean that your enjoyment shouldn't be in the rating, it obv should, but let's be fair and admit that an ending can't screw up your enjoyment of all the previous episodes.
Jan 30, 2016 9:24 AM

Jun 2011
Lol I was wondering why did OPM drop so fast from being ranked at 10/11 to 13, and decided to check the top ranking anime on MAL. As I have feared, ERASED (as much as I hate to use this abbreviation, it just sounds lame, but too much trouble to type down the Japanese title) is yet another hyped anime of the season. I have not watched the series yet, but currently I have noticed a trend that occurs every time a new season starts. A new hyped anime of the season will get into the top 50 anime on MAL for sure, and I personally find that extremely ridiculous. The series hasn't even reach the halfway point, it probably hasn't even "started" yet. It's not even a sequel of an anime. Lmao.

I know really well that MAL is unreliable when it comes to anime score, but come on. At this rate, getting into top 10 wouldn't be that hard, assuming that the "quality" of the series is maintained.

P.S. Tryna get on topic. It's hard to envision something surpassing the score of FMAB on MAL. Gintama + its sequels couldn't do it, so I doubt anything else could.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 30, 2016 9:40 AM

Mar 2015
And it passed Your Lie in April...
Think it will make top 10 by the end
Just hope it doesn't pass Clannad -3-
Jan 30, 2016 9:47 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This will be 9,10 for sure after the next 2 episodes. Then we will see what manga readers are talking about and if it will drop.
SmudyJan 30, 2016 10:18 AM
Jan 30, 2016 9:55 AM

Feb 2011
If they go with an anime original ending (which I think they will, to cut space and time), then Id say it has a chance of reaching rank one, assuming what others say about it outstripping OPM's growth.

That said, Id bet against it. 8.92 to 9.25 is a big jump. And it would require quite a few 10s. Id say top 5
Jan 30, 2016 9:57 AM

Aug 2011
Kaioshin_Sama said:
leyendax10 said:

It's more just like what's probably going to happen if you are even remotely aware of hype trends around MAL which I don't know you can't be because the site practically broadcasts what is the designate hype show and to come watch and be hyped up about it.

I'm not aware to be honest, as you can see I barely post here. In any case I can imagine the amount of people excited for anything Steins;Gate related, even then beating FMA seems really difficult, but the other user made some good point and I'm starting to think it's actually possible. We will see
Jan 30, 2016 10:04 AM

Aug 2011
Nagirah said:
leyendax10 said:

From what I've heard, the visual novel the anime will be based off from is actually better than the original one. So if they adapt it well, this sequel is going to be even better than the first season and you know how much people love steins;gate. As soon as it airs I bet everyone will rate it a 10 after one episode and it's rating will skyrocket. Also, sequels on MAL tend to get higher ratings than their successors as usually only people who enjoyed the first season will continue watching to the second season. I'm going to bet S;G 0 has a chance of beating FMA:B, don't think that's going to be a problem at all.

That's common for a lot of second seasons, but Steins;gate sits at like what? 9.2? I don't think that's an easy task regardless of the quality/hype. I would like this new series to be amazing, haven't watched something really good since 2011 :P
Jan 30, 2016 10:12 AM

Jun 2014
I gave this series a 9 (so far). It's weird that once its score will be above 9.00, I will technically become a downvoter.
Jan 30, 2016 10:14 AM

Sep 2014
I'm pretty sure all the 10's and 9's will turn into salt as the anime reaches the ending. The quality drop is evident in the manga and there's the possibility that they will rush things in the anime.
Jan 30, 2016 10:50 AM

Oct 2007
TheBrains1001 said:
And it passed Your Lie in April...
Think it will make top 10 by the end
Just hope it doesn't pass Clannad -3-

Who cares really, literally what does it matter, it's MAL.

leyendax10 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I'm not aware to be honest, as you can see I barely post here. In any case I can imagine the amount of people excited for anything Steins;Gate related, even then beating FMA seems really difficult, but the other user made some good point and I'm starting to think it's actually possible. We will see

Well I'm probably going to sound like a broken record, but I found it a pretty good show albeit not one that utterly blew my hair back and just needs to be revered or treated as a god anime or whatever. Frankly I don't believe in that sort of hyping stuff, what I liked about it was that it managed to make you care about the characters and plot in the end who emerged from what just looked like character quirks playing off each other to be a pretty strongly bonded group and how Okabe and Kurisu ended up in the final episodes just felt oddly genuine, like these characters have a real bond now and I want to see them succeed. A lot of VN/LN stuff fails miserably on that front IMO with what I tend to call annoying character syndrome but that one managed to avoid it completely and end up very tightly paced and engrossing, though IMO White Fox has never come close to reaching that level of quality with anything else it's ever done. I gave it what IMO was a well earned 8/10 again keeping in mind that this visual novels are typically not my genre, nor medium.

I sort of get why it's reception is inflated her though, when something is a visual novel adaptation and god forbid actually good the reaction to it is virtually always going to be greater than if it was from any other source on MAL, though why specifically that seems to be the case I haven't come up with a theory on yet. Otaku cred would be my best guess, but I doubt it. In any case I've noticed if 5pb or Nitroplus is anywhere near something it's probably going to have some go back in time to fix the mistakes of the past type story arc in there somewhere.
PeacingOutJan 30, 2016 11:01 AM
Jan 30, 2016 11:09 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well it's breached 9.00 now
Jan 30, 2016 11:26 AM
Jul 2018
We made it boiz, now let's predict how long it'll take for the score to drop below 9.
Jan 30, 2016 11:34 AM

Sep 2015
This will have a similar appeal to Steins;Gate and Haruhi

- It's almost universally acknowledged as good, and crucially - clever, thus deterring any detractors, as saying it is shit would imply that the detractor is too stupid to understand it.

I'm enjoying the show immensely btw, the above is an observation of the elitist dynamics of the anime community :D
Jan 30, 2016 11:49 AM
Jan 2015
9.00 about time. Ayy lmao
Jan 30, 2016 12:39 PM

Aug 2011
Toska said:
We made it boiz, now let's predict how long it'll take for the score to drop below 9.

I say never, unless the ending is fucking terrible. And yeah I already read what some people talk about the manga and future events
Jan 30, 2016 12:44 PM

Oct 2015
Not sure if no.1 is possible but top 10 maybe yes.

Jan 30, 2016 1:37 PM

Mar 2012
Well....it has reached 9.00 but that does not mean that later the series won't get lowered after it finished aired..to give another recent example.....One pinch man at it s peaked managed to reacj 9.08 but not has been steadily declining and now reached 8.99...the ending will leave some people to lower it. that much is guaranteed.

Boku dake has been on the rise since its started and it is really fast how it's score is rising...i believe in the end it will still be somewhere between the top 5 to top 15.

Also while still slim., i still can see the possibility of it actually reaching number...very very slim but it is still possible..as they say..never say never.
Jan 30, 2016 9:31 PM

Dec 2015
I don't know but lots of people said the ending wasn't satisfied in the manga so maybe it won't
“The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages.” -Bansky
Jan 30, 2016 10:18 PM

Jan 2008
No cause it won't top Steins;Gate similar usage of the same concept.
Jan 31, 2016 7:33 AM

Aug 2010
It's hard for a 12 episode series to keep a consistent rating so probably not.
Jan 31, 2016 3:26 PM

May 2009
Why is mal so predictable? You always latch on most casual anime of the season and overrate it like it was gift from God or something?
I'm not saying Boku Machi is bad, it's surprisingly good so far despite they omitt out so much material from manga. In few weeks it will change drastically when manga reaches it's final act and it will cause so much butthurt that it will probably fell off from top 100.
Jan 31, 2016 7:59 PM

Mar 2014
I'm surprised it's made it so far, but I guess that's how MAL works, hype the shit out of one show. I like it a lot, and although it's not top ten material (for me) right now, I'm glad it's popular and successful.
Jan 31, 2016 11:52 PM
Apr 2012
pretty much confirmed at this point

mal hype
Feb 1, 2016 12:23 AM

Jan 2015
No, because the ending sucks! Like really, it sucks!
Probably will end at 8,65 - 8,75
VindikasFeb 1, 2016 12:29 AM
Feb 1, 2016 8:12 AM

May 2015
The butthurt future scenes in the manga will cause will kill the score, it'll probably drop as fast as it was rising. Not even drop to high 8 like One Punch Man, since One Punch Man only had troll up and downvotes, it'll probably still retain an 8.30ish score if people don't get really butthurt.

If it actually gets to top 5, a feat One Hype Man couldn't do, I'll eat my own hat.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Feb 1, 2016 10:16 AM

May 2009
Mustakurmu said:

It didn't end yet. Last chapter will be out around last episode.
Feb 1, 2016 10:19 AM

Mar 2012
I am sure that when the ending will come..people will become salty and start to drop the score quite a bit....Still thinking about it..i actually enjoy how it ended from a story development it fits so well.

However some people will not take it so heartily..so yeah..i think there is a chance at its peak it will reach top 5 but it will drop probably around top 15-25 after the ending..so we will see.
Feb 1, 2016 10:42 AM

Jan 2015
bastek66 said:
Mustakurmu said:

It didn't end yet. Last chapter will be out around last episode.

I know, but I hate chapter 35 soo much.. not gonna spoil here. This means 9-10 episoode in the futuure.
Hopefully the last chapter is good...
This anime will get easily around 9.20 after next 2 episoodes. :D
Feb 1, 2016 11:46 AM

May 2009
Mustakurmu said:
I know, but I hate chapter 35 soo much..

Why? I don't see anything particularly hateable there?
Feb 1, 2016 11:53 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
im still trying to figure out why people are on this shows nuts

i mean, its not really that unique @___@

yes, i give it an 8/10 story wise, but people are acting as if this shit has never been done before. its kinda just a combination of different elements from this kind of anime

but i guess when you've seen as many anime titles as i have its hard to be impressed, and i know most of this site hasn't
Feb 1, 2016 12:17 PM

Oct 2007
Mamster-P said:

yes, i give it an 8/10 story wise, but people are acting as if this shit has never been done before. its kinda just a combination of different elements from this kind of anime

but i guess when you've seen as many anime titles as i have its hard to be impressed, and i know most of this site hasn't

I still think it's a combination of elements that remind people of Steins;Gate, the teen melodrama (feels), Yuki Kajiura doing the music (MAL considers her and Hiroyuki Sawano to be the undisputed best composers of all time and are probably the only ones most people know or get so hyped up over) and Yuki Aoi (extremely popular heavily pushed seiyu) being the female lead and putting in a solid performance. Just combine all these elements and the fact that it's MAL and it almost makes sense why it's getting pushed this over the top. The show might as well have been designed from the ground up to be mega popular on MAL and with the under 20 demo especially.

bastek66 said:
Mustakurmu said:
I know, but I hate chapter 35 soo much..

Why? I don't see anything particularly hateable there?

I'm guessing that's the rumored
chapter, something that people really fixate over and like to get extremely mad and meltdown over around these parts. Sometimes something might not even be considered
but because of peoples limited associations and what I honestly feel is an attempt to drop the term wherever possible things get labelled as such so I'll be curious to see what that's actually all about. If it does indeed result in a total reversal of this shows fortunes IMO it'll probably show just how fickle it is with this show and how it really is all about the current hype moment rather than the bigger picture unless it really is some sort of out of nowhere story momentum killer or something.

Also worth pointing out is I notice a ton of mega advocates for this show here around the 50 or less post count range. Not going to pull one of those whole demeaning "hurr newfag fans" things or anything that, but I think it's definitely worth noting, probably a lot of peoples first anime like this if they just started watching stuff in the last year or so and only currently airing shows.

Mod Edit: Put spoilers on the two things there because that is a spoiler which people won't know what happens.
Feel free to remove this tag once you read the mod edit
TyrelFeb 1, 2016 12:32 PM
Feb 1, 2016 12:30 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Mamster-P said:

I still think it's a combination of elements that remind people of Steins;Gate, the teen melodrama (feels), Yuki Kajiura doing the music (MAL considers her and Hiroyuki Sawano to be the undisputed best composers of all time and are probably the only ones most people know or get so hyped up over) and Yuki Aoi (extremely popular heavily pushed seiyu) being the female lead and putting in a solid performance. Just combine all these elements and the fact that it's MAL and it almost makes sense why it's getting pushed this over the top. The show might as well have been designed from the ground up to be mega popular on MAL and with the under 20 demo especially.

yea the most vocal haters/meatriders are the really young people so i guess its understandable

and being so young theyre always trying to impress older people, so they watch all the highly rated stuff, not realizing that many of the highly rated shows are just upgraded versions (story wise) of many of the lower rated shows
Feb 1, 2016 1:37 PM

Jun 2015
I hope so, but to look at it in a realistic way it kind of won't.... because:
1. We have S;G
2. Some people say that they hate the latest chapter, but the ending isn't there yet!!!!!!

but if it keeps going like it is now (it might be one of my all time favorite animés after FT and Clannad AS). in my opinion it already outranked S;G hmph.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (18) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1399 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.