Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 22, 2016 6:01 PM

May 2011
htsuji said:
So, Tyuule wants to make the Empire and SDG get into a real war?

I guess she has a very strong desire to destroy the Empire by manipulating the stupid prince (or the prospective emperor). It seems she's trying to interfere them making a peace pact. She even plans to kill Noriko in the base of SDF to cause the war to escalate.

You really can't blame her thinking once you know more about her. I'm not sure if they'll give us more of her background in the Anime. You'd probably want to read the manga.

But she has lost any sense of compassion. She has become the thing she hates most, an unfeeling lunatic, just like the Prince.

To us Tyuule would be hated cause she kills an innocent civilian member of Japan/JSDF who is regarded as the sympathetic protagonist organization in the story.

But to Tyuule, it's just another powerful organization that can rule over and wipe out it's foes. Why wouldn't she want to manipulate it so JSDF destroys the Empire that imprisoned her?
CirrisJan 22, 2016 6:06 PM
Jan 22, 2016 6:06 PM

Aug 2015
Itami playing father was a bit annoying imo, but I'm glad things are starting to pick up. And finally Rory is getting involved in things and getting screen time.
Jan 22, 2016 6:13 PM

Jul 2015
Tokoya said:
Best Girl Rory is back at it <3

Heck yeah she is and it was glorious!
Jan 22, 2016 6:14 PM

Oct 2013
Edit: was really upset after this episode and threw a tantrum, sorry about that :p
eddo209Jan 24, 2016 5:35 AM
Jan 22, 2016 6:17 PM

Nov 2014
I really like Tyuule's voice for some reason. I also like how they fitted this part of the story into 1 episode.
Jan 22, 2016 6:22 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Terrific episode. I'm glad someone finally spilled the beans about her father. It needed to be said, regardless of the consequences. It's nice to see Tuka get the spotlight and get some progression. She's been in the background for a while.

Nothing like playing father while sleeping with your naked daughter. Way to be Itami!

Finally we got to see just a little Rory action near the end there. I think it's high time for her and Itami to be together. It's the right thing to do.

5 people against one dragon should make for one incredible battle.
Jan 22, 2016 6:24 PM

Jan 2016
eddo209 said:
What the fuck was this insufferable bullshit, and the majority of the voters liked this episode? How?! I'll watch the next episode for the one good scene like last episode, and probably skip through the one after that. Jesus Christ I can't believe what I just saw, how the fuck is this entertaining?

That was really constructive, thank you for your misguided comment, it added nothing and made me think you didn't watch a single episode. You sound like hater and you probably been banned a few times judging by your intellect, you are around 14 yrs old and living with your grandparents because your parents could not understand how raised a spoiled ungrateful child like yourself. You probably hate yourself, right? You'll grow up and learn to appreciate life one day, God only knows.
Elementary my dear Watson, Elementary...
Jan 22, 2016 6:29 PM

Jul 2012
This was a pretty interesting episode with a focus of Tuka and her PTSD with her father. This episode was mainly focused on Itami acting as Tuka's dad which was interesting to say the least and also we see more of Yao with her getting desperate and being the one to instigate everything so Itami goes to kill the dragon and also seeing the bunny girl is actually manipulating the prince which is pretty crazy to learn. I can't wait to see the next episode now that we are back on track with the main focus being this dragon and can't wait to see how it goes with the 5 of them.

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DstBhHYOhEM&feature=youtu.be
Jan 22, 2016 6:52 PM
Jan 2016
OH SNAP! You went there huh +SY!?

+Cirris how about spoiler?

There is contrast between Yao and Tyruule. Yao wants to save her people. Tyruule wants revenge and destruction. Gotta go with Yao on this one!
Jan 22, 2016 7:04 PM

Apr 2013
Definitely love the anime's adaptation over the manga's depiction. I found the manga extremely boring and annoying during the chapters that showed Itami as the Elf's father... But when the anime does it... at least the characters are cute and the execution was a lot smoother. I completely lost track of time until the end of the episode.

I remember having to force myself to read the manga >.>

Jan 22, 2016 7:09 PM

Oct 2007
eddo209 said:
What the fuck was this insufferable bullshit, and the majority of the voters liked this episode? How?! I'll watch the next episode for the one good scene like last episode, and probably skip through the one after that. Jesus Christ I can't believe what I just saw, how the fuck is this entertaining?

It always makes you wonder when it comes to MAL and A-1 Pictures shows doesn't it? Feels like the average score of any given show they do is inflated by as many as 1-2 stars over what I would feel like giving it.
Jan 22, 2016 7:11 PM

Feb 2014
Nice I don't know what will happen next episode, the anime has caught up to where I was in the manga!
Jan 22, 2016 7:22 PM

Jan 2016
Kaioshin_Sama said:
eddo209 said:

It always makes you wonder when it comes to MAL and A-1 Pictures shows doesn't it? Feels like the average score of any given show they do is inflated by as many as 1-2 stars over what I would feel like giving it.

Then why bother, put the score up and move on and not berate the show with obscenities like a teenager with no common sense and just judging your profile, that was your alter ego and different SN? Am I right?
Jan 22, 2016 7:25 PM
Oct 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
It always makes you wonder when it comes to MAL and A-1 Pictures shows doesn't it?

Seriously, what is with your studio fetish? Kyoto Animation aside, it really doesn't matter for that vast majority of series. I have said this several times before, but it bears repeating: you can be an interesting critic of shows, however your obsessions contaminate any point you are trying to make.

But then again, if you could understand this honest criticism you would have recognized this on your own.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
Feels like the average score of any given show they do is inflated by as many as 1-2 stars over what I would feel like giving it.

Actually, the reason this was ranked so high is because the manga readers are happy that A-1 efficiently moved through several character/plot developments so efficiently. Being a reader myself, I am glad that they condensed everything to one episode.
Jan 22, 2016 7:56 PM

Oct 2015
MC still doesn't want to fight even he knows yao and tuka needs his help, playing fool as tuka's father, and he think hiding the truth is better than hurt someone else, even he/she is suffering.

what else if not consider as LAME MALE LEAD?
Itami is LAME, fact, not an opinion.

And I see nothing wrong with tyrulle's vision, she is way stronger than anyone in this anime. She is willing to become prince's sex slave to get her revenge, and her will is very strong, since too many whiny, weak character in this anime, and doesn't want to fight even have power, READ my 1st phrase.

Tyrulle > Itami.
Jan 22, 2016 8:00 PM

Jan 2016
gladisr said:
MC still doesn't want to fight even he knows yao and tuka needs his help, playing fool as tuka's father, and he think hiding the truth is better than hurt someone else, even he/she is suffering.

what else if not consider as LAME MALE LEAD?

And I see nothing wrong with tyrulle's vision, she is way stronger than anyone in this anime. She is willing to become prince's sex slave to get her revenge, and her will is very strong, since too many whiny, weak character in this anime, and doesn't want to fight even have power, READ my 1st phrase.

Tyrulle > Itami.

I wonder how many accounts Kaioshin has?
Jan 22, 2016 8:08 PM

Jan 2016
I noticed a pattern in the Kaioshin's writing, he will never notice it but it is always a dead give-away no matter how much he tries to hide it.
Jan 22, 2016 8:18 PM

Nov 2015
gladisr said:

Itami is not particularly great, but he's not lame by any means, you and your facts can go fuck yourselves

Manga readers

loved the episode, was mostly set-up for future things to come but it was expected (it also shortened the whole tuka/itami affair nicely, it was quite a drag in the manga) and also, even though i love the first season, im just in awe at how much they upped their game, the animations and drawings are sharper (or it might be just me) and the amount of info they're condensing into these episodes without cluttering it is just impressive
Jan 22, 2016 8:28 PM
Jan 2016
*Grabs Popcorn* This comment section is very interesting. ^_^
Jan 22, 2016 8:37 PM

Mar 2015
Excellent set-ups for various story arcs. Tyuule gets some depth, and man its a sewer of hate. Good to see Rory back with more air time. Also good to see an indecisive Itami, that was a nice change. 5/5
The sword that takes life gives life
Jan 22, 2016 8:57 PM

Nov 2015
Road trip
will they find a dragon or an onsen
Jan 22, 2016 9:39 PM

Oct 2011
Well I hope Tuka realizes her father is dead after they defeat the dragon.
Jan 22, 2016 10:22 PM

Jul 2013
So the one man army Itami takes on the dragon...

Should we call him Itami S. Kennedy or Solid Itami ? Or perhaps Itami Mcclane ?

Anyway, fine episode, shit is getting real this season apparently, looking forward for whats to come
Jan 22, 2016 11:10 PM

Mar 2009
"Rory, will you come with me?"
Careful there, Itami. She might take that the wrong way.
Jan 22, 2016 11:57 PM
Aug 2014
what kind of relationship did Tuka have with her daddy.
Jan 23, 2016 1:48 AM

Sep 2013
"How does it feel to have a daughter older than you?" haha, good thing she acts her age... as a teenage elf.

I wouldn't mind having a cute elf daughter myself.

also did someone here actually called Itami lame? he is more interesting to watch than 95% of other anime protagonist, the man actually have a unique personality. go watch anime with the overused high school badass/emo/cold or hot blooded kids protagonist if you can't appreciate older than 17-years characters .
Jan 23, 2016 2:06 AM

Jun 2013
so Tuka suffers from ptsd no surprise there and of course she's a spy no wondezr she let him treat her like shit
Jan 23, 2016 2:32 AM

Aug 2013
Yao is an asshole, and I knew Tyruule had crazy ulterior motives for tolerating the abuse.

To me, it was just too awkward/corny watching Itami pretend to be Tuka's father, lying to her only creates more room for disaster.

Next episode has some thrills in store though, can't wait for that Fire Dragon.
Jan 23, 2016 3:04 AM

Dec 2014
Wonder what kind of revenge motive is driving Tyuule to instigate war between Japan and the Empire.

It's really sad to see Tuka in this state, Her drastic denial has climaxed in her mentally replacing Itami's image with her father's.

Though I loved that date like thing between Itami and Tuka, She seems really cheerful in her denial state.

That Rory bite, Nice :P

Finally the promised Dragon, Can't wait for this :D.
Jan 23, 2016 3:49 AM

Dec 2014
lol How does it feel to have a daughter older than you.
Jan 23, 2016 4:10 AM

Jan 2008
Wow, that scene where Ducy breaks down yelling at Itami was fantastic. Really good directing and amazing voice acting. You could feel the pain.
Jan 23, 2016 5:04 AM
Mar 2013
Cirris said:

But to Tyuule, it's just another powerful organization that can rule over and wipe out it's foes. Why wouldn't she want to manipulate it so JSDF destroys the Empire that imprisoned her?

I understand what you pointed out. Tyuule and her tribe are one of the victims by the empire and that stupid prince has been torturing her for years. Seeing from her view point, the empire is much more evil and loathsome yet is also too strong to deal with. Now, here came the SDF, which can easily destroy the empire. It is natural for her to believe she must make use of the golden opportunity of a lifetime to revenge the empire... She is insane but I guess I can understand how she felt when she knew of the SDF.
Jan 23, 2016 6:17 AM

Sep 2014
Trash episode of a trash Anime. 9 more episodes to endure.
Jan 23, 2016 6:18 AM
Mar 2013
Yanagida casually said Itami should go and kill the dragon because he could easily cook some paperworks up to justify Itami's expedition...

But, he never expected what it would be... Haha.

htsujiJan 23, 2016 9:30 AM
Jan 23, 2016 6:55 AM

Dec 2010
...wow very dramatic episode the plot just got intense
Jan 23, 2016 7:19 AM

Jun 2015
Ns if Yao is a b*tch
Ns if Itami should pretend to be Tuka's father
Ns if they can win
Ns if I like Rory
Ns who best girl is
Ns who Itami will be with in the end
Ns whether I should sympathize for bunny girl
Ns whether the king guy will die
Ns what will happen to the hostage
Ns whether Pina will kill her
Ns if this deserves to be AoTS
Jan 23, 2016 8:29 AM

Nov 2009
This is the first time that I am happy to see a harem get together
Jan 23, 2016 8:30 AM

Dec 2015
Good episode it just annoys me how they are portraying her PTSD in this episode. Its more like a psychosis more than anything. You don't become delusional and see a person as someone else with PTSD, that just doesn't happen (source: I am mental health counselor).

Other than that we are finally going to see them fight the dragon again. This new elf is kind of annoying to me. I remember not liking her much in the manga either. Im curious to see where it goes from here, since this was my stopping point in the manga. 4/5
Jan 23, 2016 9:30 AM

Dec 2014
The scenes with Itami and Tuka as father/daughter were actually pretty cute IMO.
Jan 23, 2016 9:37 AM

Sep 2014
This episode gave me both "Awwwws" and "D'awwwws".
Tuka is definetly my favorite character so her getting screen time/development was nice.

I do .. Wonder .. How they will beat a dragon with just 5 people.
Jan 23, 2016 12:09 PM

Jul 2014
Just when I thought they were finally addressing Tuka's problems, Itami decides it's a good idea to pretend to be her father? Why? Lying to her like this is only going to make things worse when she learns the truth about her father. The disappointment of that really brought the rest of the episode down for me, even if the series is clearly working on some interesting things.
Jan 23, 2016 12:37 PM

Apr 2014
Itami end up playing house with Tuka.
Rory had a bit of screen time along with Lelei.
Now that the cvnt prince will be the next king....shit will get real and it will be the downfall of the empire.
Itami and his harem are out for a lizard hunting.
Jan 23, 2016 12:57 PM

Feb 2015
that was an interesting buildup overall.
Tuka never want to admit that her father already died, i feel bad for her.
the next episode will be the dragon again, nice!
looking foward to it :D
Jan 23, 2016 2:23 PM

Jan 2015
At least Rory should have more screen time...but I find it sad that the dark elf lady is better characterized than Lelei.

And the whole playing house thing is annoying imo.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jan 23, 2016 2:56 PM

Mar 2012
bobzanny said:
At least Rory should have more screen time...but I find it sad that the dark elf lady is better characterized than Lelei.

Gate is divide into five arcs....each arc devotes time to develop specific characters..for example in this tuka and yao will have the most development...the next arc will focus more on lelei and rory and the one after will focus heavy on Pina and Tyuule
Jan 23, 2016 2:59 PM

Jan 2015
-ShadowClaw- said:
bobzanny said:

Gate is divide into five arcs....each arc devotes time to develop specific characters..for example in this tuka and yao will have the most development...the next arc will focus more on lelei and rory and the one after will focus heavy on Pina and Tyuule

Hmm so we'll end the Gate anime series with little development and screen time for Lelei huh...oh well. Thanks for the info.
Jan 23, 2016 3:03 PM
Oct 2012
ScotlandYard said:
I noticed a pattern in the Kaioshin's writing, he will never notice it but it is always a dead give-away no matter how much he tries to hide it.

No, Kaioshin is Kaioshin, he's been around MAL for a long time, though he had scaled back recently (he had some issues, so it is nice to see that they resolved themselves).

On shows he likes he is normal, and can be a pretty good critic. He is just obsessed with studios he thinks cater to the LCD and hates the gushing fanboy type because he thinks that both are crowding out better animation from being made. If you want to see an example of him being positive, Ping Pong the Animation is a good thread. He loved that show.

Normally this would make him a poser type or a "knocker" type (i.e. someone who goes into popular shows because they enjoy getting all the fans pissed), but the difference is that he doesn't like something just because it isn't mainstream (as a poser would), and his knocking is due to his obsession with studios not because he just wants to criticize something popular.

I doubt he would feel the need to create other IDs. He had no problem posting 20-30 times on a thread. And because he is obsessed with studios, even if he tried, he would end up giving himself away too easily because he HAS to bring it up.
Jan 23, 2016 3:06 PM
Oct 2012
bobzanny said:
Hmm so we'll end the Gate anime series with little development and screen time for Lelei huh...oh well. Thanks for the info.

Don't worry, what they lack in volume they make up with her

Jan 23, 2016 3:10 PM

Oct 2013
ScotlandYard said:
That was really constructive, thank you for your misguided comment, it added nothing and made me think you didn't watch a single episode. You sound like hater and you probably been banned a few times judging by your intellect, you are around 14 yrs old and living with your grandparents because your parents could not understand how raised a spoiled ungrateful child like yourself. You probably hate yourself, right? You'll grow up and learn to appreciate life one day, God only knows.

You know you had the choice to just move on and not berate me etiher. What's worse attacking someone personally that viciously because they have a different opinion, or just venting after what I thought was a terrible episode? Negative comments are just as valid as positive ones in a discussion thread. It's a discussion, not a circle-jerk.

You can apply your entire reply to yourself, berating everyone that have a different opinion and to top it off assume that multiple people that don't like an episode are all the same person, how paranoid are you "Sherlock"? LOL.
Jan 23, 2016 3:19 PM

Jan 2015
Takuan_Soho said:
bobzanny said:

Don't worry, what they lack in volume they make up with her

It's always the quite ones that get you...
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2016

136 by Jagermeister-kun »»
Mar 25, 3:18 AM

» Season 3? ( 1 2 )

AshAkinola - Mar 25, 2016

56 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jan 18, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

231 by Estefan »»
Jan 17, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

333 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

190 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.