Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Feb 22, 2016 11:15 PM

Dec 2012
Oh, no doubt.
Wait for Summer though, GOAT anime going to air.
Feb 22, 2016 11:20 PM

Jan 2014
Racaholic said:
Berserk is coming out later this year.

Yea with it's shitty cgi animation

@Racaholic
Feb 23, 2016 12:15 AM
Mar 2014
TKotarou said:
Oh, no doubt.
Wait for Summer though, GOAT anime going to air.
Rewrite is probably gonna fail as an adaptation. But yes, it will be the GOAT anime if it doesn't.
SpudUK said:
omfgplzstop said:

I agree about good shows not necessarily having to be deep and that you shouldn't judge shows for what they aren't, but I disagree about One Punch Man not having flashed out characters which is what your post seems to imply. Both myself and PantsOnHead have already spent time giving examples to this kind of thing in OPM and it's insulting when those posts are ignored and people continue to refer to the show as nothing more than simple entertainment. Two friends of mine who aren't even into action are having a great time with the manga just because of the characters.

It was more of a generalisation. Almost every anime is going to have some character or relationship development within it. It's more the people that going into it seem to expect slice-of-life levels of character depth from all of the many characters.

Saitama & Genos, being the only real main characters and the game lacking a proper main antagonist, get enough development to satisfy but two characters aren't enough for people watching one punch man and expecting Evangelion levels of character depth when in reality, Madhouse did a fine job.

My point was that it does have high quality character development (even beyond just Saitama and Genos) that could satisfy those people expecting such a thing if they actually tried to find them. Granted, not at Eva level or anything, but still.

Then again, this doesn't matter that much in regards to your point, especially since I already understand it, so arguing about this any further would be nitpicky. I agree with you.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Feb 23, 2016 5:15 AM

Aug 2008
DoctorWasabi said:
Racaholic said:

@Racaholic

Oh god shoot me... Just watched the preview looks fucking horrible.
Feb 23, 2016 7:57 AM

Nov 2014
Its to early to say its the best anime of the year but its one of the best anime i habe ever seen if it have a great final it have a lot of possibilities
Feb 23, 2016 2:40 PM

Aug 2014
Racaholic said:
DoctorWasabi said:

@Racaholic

Oh god shoot me... Just watched the preview looks fucking horrible.
once I found out I started to cry in the insides how could they fuck up that bad lmao
Mar 6, 2016 7:41 PM

Jul 2014
Haven't watched this at all, I'm waiting for this to be uploaded to torrents so I can binge this one, but damn this show blows the rankings! Hype real?
Mar 6, 2016 10:44 PM

Mar 2014
Out of all new anime that came out this year, yes it it. But it's nowhere close to being the best anime that is currently airing in 2016.
Mar 6, 2016 10:48 PM

Mar 2016
Royal7Knight said:
I doubt it and I hope not. It's good and all but the year just started, if nothing better comes along with the other seasons that would be very disappointing.

I agree ^ Erased is not a masterpiece for me so I hope I get to watch atleast one this year.
Mar 6, 2016 11:11 PM

Oct 2013
davinci12 said:
I think AoT 2 (Maybe) and steins gate 0 (If it's out this year) will give this game a big run for it's money. Especially steins;gate. That's if this anime doesn't plummet at the end.

AOT S2 is most likely airing in fall, so it's automatically out of contention to be AOTY, since it won't end in 2016. Also steins gate 0 hasn't got a release date yet, was it even confirm to air in 2016? That's also not looking like it will be in contention for 2016 anime of the year as well.

You probably need to look for new candidates for AOTY.
keragammingMar 6, 2016 11:22 PM
Mar 7, 2016 12:14 AM

Jan 2014
If the last 3 episodes are as good as the rest I think so.
Mar 10, 2016 11:02 AM

Nov 2015
Erased is the best anime of WINTER 2016 for Mystery category
Prince of stride and Haikyu 2nd season for sport category
Assassination classroom 2 for S2 animes
Ao no Kanata and Musaigen for fantasy

Besides I can't choose my favorite for this Winter 2016

There's a S2 For attack on titans and Nanatsu No Taizai this year, we can say the s2 of Food wars. We can't tell which is better for 2016.
Mar 10, 2016 12:14 PM

Jan 2015
Konosuba is the anime of the season, because ERASED second half has been pure sh*t.
They literraly cut everything out. Even Kayo's return...
I don't even want to say anything about the teacher...

... and now they gonna bring HUGE salt next week, rush/cover(=cut everything out) 12 manga chapter in 2 episodes.
AOTY content right here, Kappa.
Mar 10, 2016 12:20 PM
Jul 2018
Mustakurmu said:
Konosuba is the anime of the season, because ERASED second half has been pure sh*t.
They literraly cut everything out. Even Kayo's return...
I don't even want to say anything about the teacher...

... and now they gonna bring HUGE salt next week, rush/cover(=cut everything out) 12 manga chapter in 2 episodes.
AOTY content right here, Kappa.

exactly this. Not to mention those chap are dialogue heavy.
Mar 10, 2016 12:23 PM

Jul 2012
Not even my favorite for the season.

Story is riddled with inconsistencies and a lot of characters are in the show purely to create emotional tension. Animation, directing and script is on point though.

We'll have to see with the rest of the year but as it stands I think there will be at least 5 shows better and I enjoy Rakugo and KonoSuba more for this season.
Mar 10, 2016 12:25 PM

Oct 2014
YoshiPoshi said:
I don't even think this show is the best of the season but it will probably be a good candidate for the most overrated and hyped anime of the year.

attack on titan season 2 is coming so erased will probably lose this one
Mar 10, 2016 12:29 PM

Oct 2014
It's Koe no Katachi if KyoAno will not fail with it
Mar 11, 2016 1:16 AM
Jan 2015
There are many contenders, Berserk (if the animation is changed or altered quite a bit instead of CGI), Kabaneri maybe?, JoJo Part 4, Rewrite (made by KEY), Clockwork Planet, D Gray Man, Youjo Senki and Re:Zero.
Mar 11, 2016 6:08 AM

Jul 2014
SwordSaint said:
There are many contenders, Berserk (if the animation is changed or altered quite a bit instead of CGI), Kabaneri maybe?, JoJo Part 4, Rewrite (made by KEY), Clockwork Planet, D Gray Man, Youjo Senki and Re:Zero.

The animation doesn't matter. If Berserk follows the Manga, it'll easily be AOTY. Story and characters are most important, and that's why Erased sucks. And yet sheeple from this community are too busy with its circlejerking to see it
Mar 11, 2016 11:50 AM

Jun 2009
Not anymore after episode 10.

Lame.

Doesn't this make you hungry?
Mar 16, 2016 3:32 AM

Sep 2013
BEST THIS FUCKING SEASON
wow
Mar 16, 2016 3:34 AM

Jul 2014
YoshiPoshi said:
I don't even think this show is the best of the season but it will probably be a good candidate for the most overrated and hyped anime of the year.

Truth has been spoken right here.
Mar 16, 2016 3:46 AM

Jul 2015
I haven't been watching it yet
but after episode 10, its score has gone down considerably
Let's hope the creators didn't screw it up too bad
Mar 16, 2016 4:44 AM

Sep 2009
You guys are all retarded shits, this show has seriously nothing special.
Mar 16, 2016 6:38 AM

Oct 2013
Racaholic said:

Berserk is gonna be shit
Mar 16, 2016 7:33 AM

Mar 2015
Diwo said:
Racaholic said:

Berserk is gonna be shit

Yup, if Berserk will have same "quality" as in PV, it will not getting a high score. Even if story will be 90% accurate (which i doubt).( Most people don't like CGI. MAL's top-100 doesn't have a single full-CGI anime.)
Mar 16, 2016 9:22 AM

Apr 2014
Seriously rename the thread to "Best Anime of Winter (2016)" already.
The thread itself was just posted last January.
Or we are not even on the half of the year yet.
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 16, 2016 8:37 PM

Mar 2015
I'm just hoping people won't get too disappointed starting next week. Since the story really went downhill from there. Not to mention they are rushing the last 3 episodes.

Chapter 1-26 for eps 1-9 (roughly 3 chapters for 1 episode) and then episode 10 with rushed chapter from 27-32-ish with tons of skipped contents.

Then we still have chapter 33-44 for the last 2 episodes, both with 6 chapters each (2x the pace of eps 1-9).

This don't deserve the score 9, 8 is probably good, but 9? It's not even Steins;Gate. No butterfly effect, no despairs, no character development. Simply, I'm going back to the past and save my mom by saving other girls.

And this is not even a mystery anime, rather than having Satoru to find out about the killer, we have the killer showing himself to Satoru.

Mar 16, 2016 8:41 PM

Jul 2014
DarklordVor said:
I'm just hoping people won't get too disappointed starting next week. Since the story really went downhill from there. Not to mention they are rushing the last 3 episodes.

Chapter 1-26 for eps 1-9 (roughly 3 chapters for 1 episode) and then episode 10 with rushed chapter from 27-32-ish with tons of skipped contents.

Then we still have chapter 33-44 for the last 2 episodes, both with 6 chapters each (2x the pace of eps 1-9).

This don't deserve the score 9, 8 is probably good, but 9? It's not even Steins;Gate. No butterfly effect, no despairs, no character development. Simply, I'm going back to the past and save my mom by saving other girls.

And this is not even a mystery anime, rather than having Satoru to find out about the killer, we have the killer showing himself to Satoru.

Disappointment is pretty much inevitable starting tomorrow lol. The title of episode 11 is "Mirai", and manga readers should understand what that means... and I'm not talking about the literal translation.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Mar 17, 2016 2:47 AM
Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:

And any sorts are clues are obvious and spoon fed to viewers lol, I'm so irritated that the MC didn't notice any of those.

Satoru is definitely gonna have a time rewind to avoid death and catch the teacher.
Mar 17, 2016 3:50 PM

Mar 2015
LightBladeNova said:
DarklordVor said:

Disappointment is pretty much inevitable starting tomorrow lol. The title of episode 11 is "Mirai", and manga readers should understand what that means... and I'm not talking about the literal translation.

Well lol. I didn't expect it to be A LOT MORE disappointing than I expected.

Airi's importance was completely removed and the anime is completely going original with Satoru and sensei final showdown in a different setting.

Mar 19, 2016 8:52 AM

May 2015
Lol, it's not even the AOTS. If you air in the same season as Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, you're not gonna cut it, and this show definitely didn't cut it, despite all the Key fans hopping on the bandwagon.
Mar 19, 2016 10:53 AM

Nov 2007
KaoruMatsuoka said:
Lol, it's not even the AOTS. If you air in the same season as Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, you're not gonna cut it, and this show definitely didn't cut it, despite all the Key fans hopping on the bandwagon.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Shouwa has been the true gem of this season. So underrated.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 20, 2016 12:37 AM

Nov 2011
This is thread is hilarious. Too many people riding on the hype train and now they are gonna end up dissapointed.

Mar 20, 2016 1:48 AM
Feb 2016
I can't think of another anime this season/year that I actually cared to watch besides Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans.
Mar 20, 2016 3:50 AM

Aug 2014
IDK about this will become Anime Of The Year, it's still early to say, but I can say that this anime will get "the top ten anime that you must watch this year"

and if you see the next spring anime, there will be "Boku no Hero Academia" and "Sakamoto Desu ga?" that will surely become a hit
World is cruel place, and at the same time it's beautiful
Mar 20, 2016 4:05 AM

Aug 2014
Nagirah said:
best of the year is for Steins;Gate 0 if it decides to air this year anyway.
I like how people are already on the S;G 0 hypetrain, acting as if it will be completely perfect and a great adaptation of the VN. You know there is plenty of time for them to screw it up badly, right?

KaiserNazrin said:
This is thread is hilarious. Too many people riding on the hype train and now they are gonna end up dissapointed.
It already went from #4 to #10 in 1 week, I'm looking forward to once the final episode aired and the thousands of people who didn't give it a rating yet will rate it. The tears shall be delicious!
Mar 20, 2016 4:22 AM

Sep 2015
KonoSuba and Shouwa Genroku already beat Boke Dake so it it isn't even AOTS lol. These last two episodes have really let it down.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 20, 2016 4:24 AM

Oct 2014
Havent watch this yet but whats up with the sudden change in rating? From 9.10+ to 9.7 now.
Mar 20, 2016 4:26 AM

Jul 2015
I bet we'll se at least one anime that trumps ERASED this spring, and I'm sure there will be more in the second half of 2016.

I think Joker Game has a decent chance to beat ERASED, maybe even WIT's new steampunk original. There are sure to be a dark horse hiding somewhere as well.
Mar 20, 2016 5:54 AM

Sep 2015
xRhai said:
Havent watch this yet but whats up with the sudden change in rating? From 9.10+ to 9.7 now.

Episodes 10 and 11 were arguably very bad compared to the rest of the series. The first and foremost issue was the pacing - the last 3 episodes had something like 18-20 chapters to adapt. Bear in mind Boku Dake is a monthly manga, not a weekly one, so the chapters are longer too. Even if it were weekly, 18-20 chapters is enough for 3 volumes. Adapting 1 volume per episode is just ridiculous.

Plus the mystery side of it was terrible. The killer was revealed and it was so obvious from about the 3rd/4th episode, because of the not-so-subtle 'hinting' all throughout.

And then there's the apparent diverging from the manga - I haven't read it but apparently some major scenes and characters were left out so people who've read the manga aren't happy either.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 20, 2016 10:09 AM

Jun 2015
BlueBalls said:
I bet we'll se at least one anime that trumps ERASED this spring, and I'm sure there will be more in the second half of 2016.

I think Joker Game has a decent chance to beat ERASED, maybe even WIT's new steampunk original. There are sure to be a dark horse hiding somewhere as well.

I feel like Joker Game wont have the mainstream appeal of ERASED to beat it in rank. It'll probably end up like Rakugo this season where people considered it a top tier show, but it just didn't have enough appeal to be widely watched or cared about. There's also the possibility of some revisionist history shit going on that might offend a lot of people O.o

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri has a much better chance I think of taking down ERASED, but we have no idea what the quality of the show will be like. If it's just a standard AoT action clone, then it wont, but we'll have to see.

If ERASED has a solid last episode it actually stands a pretty good chance of staying in the top 20 on MAL and potentially being the highest ranked show of the year unless something else amazing comes out to knock it down a few pegs :P
Mar 20, 2016 10:48 AM

Jan 2015
lmao n o p e
It's not bad, but it's still too early to say that it's the best anime of 2016. Also Shouwa Genroku is way better
Mar 20, 2016 11:34 AM

Jul 2015
RealityRush said:
BlueBalls said:

I feel like Joker Game wont have the mainstream appeal of ERASED to beat it in rank. It'll probably end up like Rakugo this season where people considered it a top tier show, but it just didn't have enough appeal to be widely watched or cared about. There's also the possibility of some revisionist history shit going on that might offend a lot of people O.o

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri has a much better chance I think of taking down ERASED, but we have no idea what the quality of the show will be like. If it's just a standard AoT action clone, then it wont, but we'll have to see.

If ERASED has a solid last episode it actually stands a pretty good chance of staying in the top 20 on MAL and potentially being the highest ranked show of the year unless something else amazing comes out to knock it down a few pegs :P

Yeah legit but I was talking about quality, which I realize is partly subjective, and not popularity. The thread is about the best anime of 2016 and not the highest ranked after all.

It's true that Joker game probably won't hit it big like ERASED but I think it might well be better.
Mar 20, 2016 11:52 AM

Jun 2015
BlueBalls said:
Yeah legit but I was talking about quality, which I realize is partly subjective, and not popularity. The thread is about the best anime of 2016 and not the highest ranked after all.

It's true that Joker game probably won't hit it big like ERASED but I think it might well be better.

If we're talking about the "best one of 2016" though, we have to define by what metric. Ranking seems like the most applicable one, no? Otherwise we could be here all day with people discussing what they personally think is the best :P

If ERASED ends well, to be specific, it stands a very good chance of being the highest rated show of the year at least.
Mar 20, 2016 11:56 AM

Jan 2014
RealityRush said:
BlueBalls said:

If we're talking about the "best one of 2016" though, we have to define by what metric. Ranking seems like the most applicable one, no? Otherwise we could be here all day with people discussing what they personally think is the best :P

If ERASED ends well, to be specific, it stands a very good chance of being the highest rated show of the year at least.

If they adapt it perfectly, Rewrite will be the best anime of 2016.
Mar 20, 2016 12:03 PM

Aug 2014
DoctorWasabi said:
RealityRush said:

the best anime is gonna be JoJo berserk ace attourney or something along thos lines
Mar 20, 2016 12:09 PM

Jan 2014
Imjustthatdude said:
DoctorWasabi said:

the best anime is gonna be JoJo berserk ace attourney or something along thos lines

As much as I love Berserk (Coming from someone who has bought 30 volumes of the manga) I'm not looking forward to Berserk at all. CGI is pure cancer.
Mar 20, 2016 12:14 PM

Dec 2015
*Looks at title*
*Sees people complaining about episode 11 on other posts*
Well OP, I think you have your answer now.
Mar 20, 2016 12:22 PM

Oct 2013
DoctorWasabi said:
RealityRush said:

I really wish the character design was little less moe, with the same face syndrome like clannad. :/ I have no idea what rewrite is about all I know its one of the most hype series for summer season. So is it suppose to be a 1 cour or two cour series?
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1400 by gr3sa3 »»
May 4, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

832 by gr3sa3 »»
May 4, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.