Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 9, 2016 12:51 AM

Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Nice mermaid outfits girls! :D Anna is Lucy's ancestor eh? And quite the beauty! :D So as expected Layla didn't kill Brandish's mom, directly anyway, Zoldeo you dead bastard...poor girl. :( Have a bad feeling for Natsu...how was he hurt so bad?
animefan8800Jan 9, 2016 1:19 AM
Jan 9, 2016 1:26 AM

Jun 2013
Raws are out, huh. So it was a misunderstanding on Brandish's part (of course). Not much happened this chapter. But what's happening to Natsu makes me curious.
Jan 9, 2016 10:40 AM

Dec 2013
Dem mermaid outfits lol

Does this mean the Celestial Spirit King knows what is happening?

Looks like we might have Brandish joining Fairy Tail.

Layla really did look exactly like Lucy.
Jan 9, 2016 10:46 AM

Apr 2008
Some much welcome answers. FOr one this is not the permanent return of Aquarius so that is one of my fears appeased. Lucy still has to find the key again

Also further explanation about the Eclipse as well as the reason why it went out of control during the GMG. IT was opened from one side. Also this pretty much settles it that there was always ONLY ONE GATE.

That end though. Poor Happy and Natsu though now we're gonna be itching with theories bout what Aquarius wanted to say.
Jan 9, 2016 10:52 AM

Nov 2011
Those mermaid outfits <3

Brandish's reactions to Aquarius were priceless this chapter. Oh poor Natsu...
Jan 9, 2016 10:58 AM

Jun 2013
So read the translation... and its nice, wonder what did Aquarius wanted to say before she was intrerupted by Happy... Zoldeo later becomes 'bad' so Layla's death was the cause of that huh.
Jan 9, 2016 11:27 AM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Some much welcome answers. FOr one this is not the permanent return of Aquarius so that is one of my fears appeased. Lucy still has to find the key again

Also further explanation about the Eclipse as well as the reason why it went out of control during the GMG. IT was opened from one side. Also this pretty much settles it that there was always ONLY ONE GATE.

That end though. Poor Happy and Natsu though now we're gonna be itching with theories bout what Aquarius wanted to say.

Yeah, its a bit too convinient for the key to be restored right after 1 year... but it does makes sense, pretty sure in the past other keys got broken, hence some of them you find in different places so it makes sense. Just the 1 year stuff is convinient.
metsujinJan 9, 2016 11:33 AM
Jan 9, 2016 12:06 PM

Aug 2010
I guess I'll accept Aquarious coming back...but honestly meh

LucyxBrandish is my new OTP of the series. Don't give a shit about anything else
Jan 9, 2016 12:08 PM

Apr 2008
metsujin said:
Darklight0303 said:

Yeah, its a bit too convinient for the key to be restored right after 1 year... but it does makes sense, pretty sure in the past other keys got broken, hence some of them you find in different places so it makes sense. Just the 1 year stuff is convinient.

Remember CSK said he'd fought Marde in the past. Meaning at some point during the past, a key was destroyed to summon him and yet present day all of the 12 keys exist
Jan 9, 2016 12:11 PM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
metsujin said:

Remember CSK said he'd fought Marde in the past. Meaning at some point during the past, a key was destroyed to summon him and yet present day all of the 12 keys exist

Yea, as I said the revival makes sense, the 1 year thing bothered me that's all, I accepted the fact that Luffy had to rest for 10 minutes to regain his hakki, I can accept this too.
Jan 9, 2016 12:27 PM
Jan 2016
What hapened to Natsu?? My guess is, he ran out of magic power, using igneel's power might have caused him to fall asleep so he can recover his power.
Jan 9, 2016 12:39 PM

Jun 2013
Okay so this is a theory, seen some people discussing about this. So we know Igneel and the rest of the dragons sealed themselves inside their 'children' to stop the dragonification process. They called 'em antibodies, so my guess is, what if the magic that Natsu stored up from Igneel was this so called 'antibodies', so with them gone he can transform into a dragon... Because this is a world based on magic, and the mages bodies are like a bottle who are filled with magic, it's only natural that what Igneel and the other dragons used to stop the dragonification is... magic.
Jan 9, 2016 12:39 PM

Jul 2012
An ok chapter i guess. The Aquarius-Brandish relationship was kinda funny, but that's pretty much it. Let's just see what will happen next.
allenjkeJan 9, 2016 12:47 PM
Jan 9, 2016 1:10 PM

Dec 2012
Lol Brandish is so submissive towards Aquarius.
So Layla had to use her own magic to help open the eclipse gate and fell ill.
Zoldio is the one who actually killed Gramy.
Looks like Natsu needs help.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 9, 2016 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
That's more believable that Lucy has to find the key now. I do wonder though, this seems like the last arc but that also sounded like it was setting up a later arc with her going to find it. Maybe the war will be interrupted and put on hold?
Jan 9, 2016 1:20 PM

Jun 2013
Ophis said:
That's more believable that Lucy has to find the key now. I do wonder though, this seems like the last arc but that also sounded like it was setting up a later arc with her going to find it. Maybe the war will be interrupted and put on hold?

Possbily be the 'Restoring Natsu's humanity arc', he could awaken his E.N.D. form and go on a rampage... or might turn into a dragon and lose control of shit and travel the continent (like Acnologia does).
Jan 9, 2016 1:29 PM

Jan 2009
so Brandish may turn to the good side after all, and damn Aquarius has more to say but they are interrupted by Happy, but welp Natsu looks in danger anyway

and also glad they explain how Aquarius exist again, so her new key is just recently formed, i wonder if Lucy will look for it
Jan 9, 2016 1:40 PM
Dec 2010
why layla opened the door without the key ?
can't she waited for brandish's mother to return ?
they didn't say there is a time limit for that.
Jan 9, 2016 1:48 PM
Oct 2014
metsujin said:
So read the translation... and its nice, wonder what did Aquarius wanted to say before she was intrerupted by Happy... Zoldeo later becomes 'bad' so Layla's death was the cause of that huh.

Indeed,

After what I just saw and remember about Zoldeo, it came to me. His action in this chapter, the chapter cover, and how he seemed to actually care for Layla (stabbing Brandish's mother because of it) hints that Zoldeo probably wasn't really a bad person. This event (Layla's death and what he did) was what probably got Zoldeo to become corrupt and twisted, and eventually join Grimiore Heart.

Quite a sad character if you think about it. He's still a dick, but a sad one.

It's like Sasuke in Naruto or Daemon Spade from Reborn. They were good individuals, but because someone they loved/cared for died, they become corrupted and antagonistic.
Jan 9, 2016 1:57 PM

Jul 2007
- The most predictable outcome to Brandish story. Yay for face heel turn that feels completely undeserved. Well I guess Brandish was treated like trash the whole arc so oh well.
- Completely and utterly disappointing Layla backstory. What the hell was that? Seriously Mashima? You made us wait 468 chapters for crappy reason of death like that?
- New Aquarius Key just randomly appearing int he world completely and utterly destroys any sort of consequences or emotional weight behind her sacrifice in Tartaros and undoes Lucy's character development. GOD DAMNIT. First Gray's completely disappointing whitewashing in "Avatar" arc, now this. Will every single consequence of tartaros get erased via completely shitty writing?
- Completely troll ending. Natsu's just hungry ain't he? I Fully expect shit like this now. Thanks Mashima.

Annnd the manga rating gets droped one more point for me.

This arc is such a massive disappointing mess so far. Such a contrast with Tartaros arc quality writing. Everything feels forced and completely and utterly random. What the hell happened, Mashima? Even Grand Magic Games did not feel this awful.
Jan 9, 2016 2:00 PM

Jun 2013
Fai said:
- The most predictable outcome to Brandish story. Yay for face heel turn that feels completely undeserved. Well I guess Brandish was treated like trash the whole arc so oh well.
- Completely and utterly disappointing Layla backstory. What the hell was that? Seriously Mashima? You made us wait 468 chapters for crappy reason of death like that?
- Completely troll ending. Natsu's just hungry ain't he? I Fully expect shit like this now. Thanks Mashima.

This arc is such a massive disappointing mess so far. Such a contrast with Tartaros arc quality writing. Everything feels forced and completely and utterly random. What the hell happened, Mashima? Even Grand Magic Games did not feel this awful.

How is Layla giving up her life for the greater good lame?
Jan 9, 2016 2:01 PM

Jul 2007
metsujin said:
Fai said:

Its completely and utterly predictable.
Her death was one of THE biggest mysteries of fairy tail ever since it was first brought up. Its something fans wondered and specualted about. Layla was a figure shrouded in mystery. An enigma.
And yet in the end, 400 chapters latter, that became nothing but a pisspoor plot device for Natsu plotline. There's no mystery in the end. No pay off. She literally died as an afterthought to explain Natsu being from 400 years ago. It does ZIP for Lucy's development, which is complete and utter contrast with how Natsu's search for Igneel impacted the story. It literally feels like "Oh I forgot to write about this" afterthought.
AhenshihaelJan 9, 2016 2:05 PM
Jan 9, 2016 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
metsujin said:

Her death was one of THE biggest mysteries of fairy tail ever since it was first brought up. Its something fans wondered and specualted about
And yet in the end, 400 chapters latter, that became nothing but a pisspoor plot device for Natsu plotline. She literally died as an afterthought to explain Natsu being from 400 years ago. It does ZIP for Lucy's development, which is complete and utter contrast with how Natsu's search for Igneel impacted the story.

I agree. The whole Layla story has been extremely anti-climactic. It looks like the Tartaros arc won't be topped by anything else.
Jan 9, 2016 2:08 PM

Jun 2013
Fai said:
metsujin said:

Her death was one of THE biggest mysteries of fairy tail ever since it was first brought up. Its something fans wondered and specualted about. Layla was a figure shrouded in mystery. An enigma.
And yet in the end, 400 chapters latter, that became nothing but a pisspoor plot device for Natsu plotline. There's no mystery in the end. No pay off. She literally died as an afterthought to explain Natsu being from 400 years ago. It does ZIP for Lucy's development, which is complete and utter contrast with how Natsu's search for Igneel impacted the story.

Did you predict this from the start? If so bravo. Seriously Mashima let hints here and there to what happened to Layla and why she died. This was always the mystery of FT, the x777 stuff and how it all tied in together. Each character played a small part in the grand scheme of things.
Jan 9, 2016 2:10 PM

Jul 2007
metsujin said:

Did you predict this from the start? If so bravo. Seriously Mashima let hints here and there to what happened to Layla and why she died. This was always the mystery of FT, the x777 stuff and how it all tied in together. Each character played a small part in the grand scheme of things.

No. Sadly at the start of the story(till avatar arc) I still expected good things from this story and the story treated women well enough for me to NOT expect something as problematic or poorly written as this concept.

Nobody would predict crap like this because they expected Layla to matter or have a story. She did not. She literally was a plot device to explain Natsu being 400 years old.

ITs hilarious how horribly this contrasts with Tartaros arc in anime that just ended and Zero that just started. What happened Mashima? You literally shit the bed since Avatar and are not even trying to clean up. In fact you simply drank a whole bottle of laxatives right now.
AhenshihaelJan 9, 2016 2:14 PM
Jan 9, 2016 2:12 PM

Apr 2014
I called Aquarius' clearing things up, last chapter~

As for the Natsu thing at the end, holy shit. Could Zeref possibly have gotten his ass kicked, or something have happened to E.N.D.'s tome?
"I have to work harder than anyone else to make it! I'll never catch up otherwise...! I want to be like you...! Like you. The strongest hero.""
Jan 9, 2016 2:13 PM

Jun 2013
Fai said:
metsujin said:

No. Sadly at the start of the story(till avatar arc) I still expected good things from this story and the story treated women well enough for me to NOT expect something as problematic or poorly written as this concept.

What were you exactly expecting from Layla? Some kinda badass Erza version of a celestial spirit? In terms of raw power she never was strong, she was portrayed as a 'princess' type of character, so to say. Frail body, bad health... the way I see it, she did this for her family, and daughter so that she could have a good future, that's kinda the whole point of those people's plan. Layla was a strong person.
Jan 9, 2016 2:15 PM

Jul 2007
metsujin said:
Fai said:

What were you exactly expecting from Layla? Some kinda badass Erza version of a celestial spirit? In terms of raw power she never was strong, she was portrayed as a 'princess' type of character, so to say. Frail body, bad health... the way I see it, she did this for her family, and daughter so that she could have a good future, that's kinda the whole point of those people's plan.

Natsu's meeting with Igneel ignited the END plot and was a turning point fo rhis character. Very emotional moment.
Gray's Deliora plot led him to Urtear and then to his father and then to his current END obsessioN(even if huge part of it was whitewashed).
Lucy's dead mother...I guess got Natsu to present and thats it? GG Mashima.

One of the three is not like the others.Just a let down. Horribly written after thought. Can you guess which?
Oh just the one which out of the three had the biggest mystery.

Layla was always portrayed as someone great. Aquarius kept saying Lucy is nowhere near like Layla. And everyone knows that "sick people" are the most badass in anime/manga. And people expected there to be a REASON on why she was sick in the first place. Her death, the Celestial Wizard connection to Zeref, Lucy being compared to her, etc - people kept expecting thta just like with Gray and Natsu plotlines there is something more. But nope. APpears there's not. She WAS just a sick frail waifu who got fridged just so based Natsu plotline and based Gray plotline could make sense.

For a protagonist, Lucy and her story got treated like a freaking extra sidecharacter.
Jan 9, 2016 2:17 PM

Jan 2015
Mashima... He can't even break a fucking key :/
Meh i'm wondering what happened to Natsu, meybe when Igneel SSJ power burned out Natsu's life energy was shorten or something like that
Jan 9, 2016 2:19 PM

Aug 2012
Dam I wanted to know what Aquarius wanted to say. Guess Miss Brandish might be joining Fairy Tail.
Jan 9, 2016 2:20 PM
Feb 2015
Anyone else feel like screaming?!
Jan 9, 2016 2:21 PM

Jun 2013
Fai said:
metsujin said:

What were you exactly expecting from Layla? Some kinda badass Erza version of a celestial spirit? In terms of raw power she never was strong, she was portrayed as a 'princess' type of character, so to say. Frail body, bad health... the way I see it, she did this for her family, and daughter so that she could have a good future, that's kinda the whole point of those people's plan.

Natsu's meeting with Igneel ignited the END plot and was a turning point fo rhis character. Very emotional moment.
Gray's Deliora plot led him to Urtear and then to his father and then to his current END obsessioN(even if huge part of it was whitewashed).
Lucy's dead mother...I guess got Natsu to present and thats it? GG Mashima.

One of the three is not like the others.Just a let down. Horribly written after thought. Can you guess which?
Oh just the one which out of the three had the biggest mystery.

Layla was always portrayed as someone great. Aquarius kept saying Lucy is nowhere near like Layla. And everyone knows that "sick people" are the most badass in anime/manga. And people expected there to be a REASON on why she was sick in the first place.

She was a great person, and what Aquarius said about her is true. She was good to her spirits too, AND she wasn't afraid to sacrifice her own life. Because with Acnologia in the picture there's no future for them.
Jan 9, 2016 2:23 PM

Jul 2007
metsujin said:

She was a great person, and what Aquarius said about her is true. She was good to her spirits too, AND she wasn't afraid to sacrifice her own life.

Yes. What a great sacrificial lamb.
Based Layla making sure we can get more pointless scene of Lucy bathing with cat ears. Because that's all there is left foor Lucy now - being Natsu's support/loveinterest and fanservice.

Gray is b usy being emo about end.
Natsu has a complicated family history unveil on him.
Lucy got a bath and a reveal that her own backstory and mysteries were never her own - it was just part of Natsu's.

Because with Acnologia in the picture there's no future for them.

Which is yet again about Natsu and means zip to Lucy. YAYAAY?...
Jan 9, 2016 2:25 PM

Jun 2013
Fai said:
metsujin said:

She was a great person, and what Aquarius said about her is true. She was good to her spirits too, AND she wasn't afraid to sacrifice her own life.

Yes. What a great sacrificial lamb.
Based Layla making sure we can get more pointless scene of Lucy bathing with cat ears.

Because with Acnologia in the picture there's no future for them.

Which is yet again about Natsu and means zip to Lucy. YAYAAY?...

I'm not gonna bother anymore.
Jan 9, 2016 2:32 PM

Nov 2010
Zinzoo said:
Meh i'm wondering what happened to Natsu, meybe when Igneel SSJ power burned out Natsu's life energy was shorten or something like that

I really hope that state is the beginning of him dragonizing. I can't see how else he could get a power-up strong enough to make him viable in a fight against Zeref/Acnologia/The stronger spriggans.
Jan 9, 2016 2:35 PM

Jul 2007
MFW, I keep thinking how if FT had no lowpoints(This arc, avatar, GMG, etc, every dumb trolling outcome, etc), it could legit be 8/10 material. The world is interesting, the darker moments are great, the foreshadowing is brilliant, the gray morality moments are great, the big plot twists are great.

But Sadly for every Mavis backstory, there's a Layla "backstory".
For every Tartaros Arc, there's an Avatar "arc", GMG or this mess...
For every brilliant foreshadowing(ex: Oracion Seis, END, etc), there's a "Oh I was an evil dick and awful person to Juvia because Erza asked me to".
For every genuinelly well pulled off moment, there's "Because She's Erza".
For Every awesome fight there's "let's use tomorrow's share of magic!"
And for every dark and genuinely thrilling gamechanger, there's Urtear retconing everything away.

Why Mashima, why? Why can't you stay consistent in quality and make this into a Rave successor we need?

Zalmox1s said:
Zinzoo said:

I really hope that state is the beginning of him dragonizing. I can't see how else he could get a power-up strong enough to make him viable in a fight against Zeref/Acnologia/The stronger spriggans.

He will gain infinite magic when Lucy confesses her love for him :^)
AhenshihaelJan 9, 2016 2:39 PM
Jan 9, 2016 3:01 PM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
He will gain infinite magic when Lucy confesses her love for him :^)

Well there is Fairy Heart for a reason. Jesus Mashima, why?
Jan 9, 2016 3:08 PM

May 2014
I really don't give a shit about lucy and her mother, just give Gray more screen time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2016 3:17 PM

Apr 2008
Lucasloco91 said:
I really don't give a shit about lucy and her mother, just give Gray more screen time.

Hahahahahahah fuck no
Jan 9, 2016 3:20 PM
Sep 2012
OMG, so it is Natsu's fault that Lucy's mother died, that is so sad, than again so did Gajeel, so did Wendy, so did Sting and Rogue, in a way it is all their fault. Okay I am sure that is not the way Lucy sees it thankfully.

At first I thought having her key broken mellowed out Aquarius, she so nice to Lucy, this is not the Aquarius, than we saw her talk to Brandish, that is the old Aquarius we know.

It might to convenient that Aquarius resolved this misunderstanding. So if Brandish the same age as Lucy, that mean physically she is 7 years older? So I assume Jude took on Layla's family name when they married, if the bride family is that powerful and important than that happens. And we got to see Anna, that was fast, Hiro moves at a fast pace.

So technically for Natsu and the other dragon slayers sake, Layla died for them. I wonder how Natsu would feel if ever found that out, I bet Zeref would tell him that just to give him more despair.

So that Zolido killed Grami, and because he was sad that Layla died, I thought he didn't care about her and he was just a greedy person, that is what it seemed in the Tenrou Island arc.

Natsu is in trouble, what I said about Natsu and the other dragon slayers being partly responsible for Layla's death that could come into play next chapter for real, because Layla died Zolido went crazy and killed Grami, so if Hiro wants to keep Brandish an antagonist just a bit longer, perhaps with Natsu dying and in danger, maybe in her logic she will blame Natsu and the dragon slayers for all this, and try to kill Natsu, and try to get Lucy to team up to kill Natsu. I could say Brandish being all "if it wasn't for all those dragon slayers none of this would happen, our mothers would still be alive." If she wants revenge on someone, Zolido, so blame the dragon slayers, we will see.

Anyway great informative chapter.
Jan 9, 2016 5:58 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Natsu is an critical state and Aquarius need to tell Lucy something, but will she wont get the time, will she.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Jan 9, 2016 6:14 PM

Sep 2013
<3 Brandish x Lucy <3

Mermaids :O
The past was sad I guess, one or both of them will use their own mana to activate or close something later on just like Anna did.
Jan 9, 2016 6:17 PM
May 2015
This chapter was ok I guess.. But a few things irked me

- Having Brandish submissive to Aquarius wasn't really funny and it just makes Brandish inconsistent. Her being related to Aquarius as her 'pet' paints her in a pathetic light imo... Also now she will join Fairy Tail for no reason to.
- Layla's backstory wasn't taken advantage of as it could've been.. There could've been a lot more to one of the biggest mysteries in Fairy Tail
- Hiro needs to learn to stop undoing his previous work. The key should've stayed broken. It washes most of the crucial development Lucy went under the previous arc. I don't know Hiro can't let things stay the way things are.. Does he get emotionally distraught when something close 'dark' happens? Don't know.

Lucy being related to Anna is interesting and it could lead to many good opportunities for Lucy. But for now this chapter was a 6/10. Really after 465 this arc is going a different turn in a bad way

And before I get bashed I'm a fan of this series and geniually loved Tartaros and FT Zero but now Hiro is undoing his work
Jan 9, 2016 6:19 PM

Mar 2011
I expected to be a story that wouldn't reveal anything in particular other than Brandish misunderstanding stuff. Still,, I'm very conflicted about this chapter.

On the one hand I really liked how that unimportant Zoldio who felt completely out of the blue is now a bit more relevant through his actions.
On the other hand as Fai said Layla's death cause was very anti-climatic. I mean if this is a fantasy manga and you need to satisfy the "rules" (12 keys) in order to "fulfill" the prophecy(Eclipse gate) explanations like "giving away magic" (even at the cost of one's life) feels off, convenient and takes away the importance of the "important" objects (in this case the keys).

And one final question that I presume to be reasonable..............if Aquarius knew all this
WHY THE FK DIDN'T SHE SAY ALL THOSE THINGS BEFOREHAND like "Oh yeah, Zeref is a friend of the dragons and keep an eye out for Acnologia etc etc". I still don't see the reason behind all this secrecy from the mains....aaaanyway.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Jan 9, 2016 6:25 PM

Mar 2014
Here we go again.. Hiro is going backwards not forwards. Didn't like where Brandish's character went. It felt the entire subplot of Brandish-Layla was just a misunderstanding to have Brandish join the guild. Obviously which was unnecessary. Could've made then rivals and went from there. Layla's backstory could've been more in depth. I agree with Fai that Hiro didn't see the opportunity. If anything it would've been more interesting if Layla made contact with other dragons who sided with the humans. Befriending them and plotting to stop Acno.

I do like however that Anna and Lucy are connected. So hopefully that could be new development for Lucy and hopefully the situation with Natsu as well. Other than that Tartaros and Phantom Lord reign supreme
Jan 9, 2016 7:17 PM

Aug 2014
Two Spriggans buried, ten to go.

Also, I'm sure Hiro was hoping we'd be two distracted by the thought of a bikini-clad woman on all fours acting like a dog to notice, but isn't the implication here that this is how Aquarius treated a...what, ten year old child this way? No wonder she treated Marin like dogshit. Also what the fuck is your problem, Aquarius? With Lucy it kinda made sense since she saw her a a sort of Replacement Scrappy for Layla, but what was her beef with Brandish, who she apparently treated even worse? I kinda wish we get another Layla flashback so we could see what their relationship was like.
AllenNoahJan 9, 2016 7:22 PM
Jan 9, 2016 7:22 PM
Sep 2015
From the start, it was stated that Layla died by being ill. So why you guys will expect for something bigger? Opening that gate alone with one missing key was a sad and unlucky story for Layla.

It lack of panels. As you can see, they are just flashbacks. And flashbacks do not tell the whole story. So chill. Maybe for someday, we can still have new stories for Layla. Specially she is one of the mages that opened the "one magic" thing in this series (the other one was purehito). Specially her ending. If she is alive, if she met Zeref in the end, or something bigger.

Well for me, I still expect that somehow Layla is alive. Or something like that. (this is my own expectation k? haha)
Jan 9, 2016 7:23 PM

Jan 2012
Trentor11 said:

And before I get bashed I'm a fan of this series and geniually loved Tartaros and FT Zero but now Hiro is undoing his work

I dunno why you think you'd get bashed, most here either seem to agree with you or would go further in their complaints. Personally I'm fine with the chapter, but I'd say your opinion appears to be in the majority. Here anyway.
Jan 9, 2016 7:29 PM
Apr 2011
It doesn't bother me much that Aquarius lived because it makes sense with the general mechanics of summoning stuff, but how it was presented seemed like she died that's why I understand people being disappointed.

The Layla payoff was underwhelming. It could've been presented better. To think that all this time, the celestial summons knew of this great mystery was just disappointing, and to why the celestials didn't even bother telling Lucy was just blarg. So where does Lucy's story go from here?
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Jan 9, 2016 7:30 PM
Sep 2015
animefan8800 said:
Trentor11 said:

I dunno why you think you'd get bashed, most here either seem to agree with you or would go further in their complaints. Personally I'm fine with the chapter, but I'd say your opinion appears to be in the majority. Here anyway.

This arc was different from the past arcs. One enemy is easily turned into good and can be an ally (brandish), An enemy was shotted by Jupiter and it is just the start of the war (Ajeel) , Natsu's secret technique was not that useful to Zeref (it was just wasted) , the early revelation of Zeref to Natsu about E.N.D. and time travelling , Heartfilia stories
, and the partially returning of Aquarius . It is very different. Let's trust Mashima for the things that he is planning.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 287 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zhou - Jun 15, 2012

96 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 285 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IchiroEX - Jun 1, 2012

84 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 284 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dancu - May 25, 2012

163 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 5:37 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 25, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.