Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2016 10:31 AM

Apr 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The tsundere inevitably wins as she correspond to the first wife in the original Genji monogatari. It is not too much surprise since I already guessed correctly at volume 1 without that piece of knowledge, but it is the only pairing that is sensible. Other people's (Hikari's) girls are not yours. Thus, protag can only accept the girl who started to admire him only because he is he, not because he reminded them of Hikaru.

Hikaru you Aunt complex...

The farewell scene is a little bit emotional.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Feb 1, 2016 2:21 PM

Jan 2014
Damn, son. It was an awesome ride. I had to cry at the farewell scene. The one who never cried cried, the one who never smiled smiled. I loved it. The story itself was really well written, I was never bored. Wish it had more popularity...
Feb 29, 2016 10:38 PM

Nov 2011
I liked the ending actually. It gave closure to most if not all the girls that Koremitsu encountered during his journey without leaving the audience with a big question mark. Honoka is the only one suitable for him tbh as he was with him from the very start. Aoi's rejection felt natural and she actually took that better than I had expected.

On a side note, my favorite girl from the series is Tsuyako. Her character role, beauty, and sarcastic personality at times made her presence pretty fun especially during some of the side stories lol
Jun 10, 2016 12:34 PM

Mar 2016
I felt that Honoka matched Akagi the best, she was never chasing a shadow, always true to herself on the inside, but tsun af. Good ride. The plot twists tho.
Jul 22, 2016 11:03 PM

Dec 2012
Great and satisfying ending, One of my favorite light novel. I liked almost every volumes except volume 3. Even though i wanted Yuu to win but i agreed Honoka suits him better. A girl that liked to smile will always brought smile on his face.
Tha_NaJul 22, 2016 11:19 PM

Oct 4, 2016 3:52 PM

Apr 2011
No one gets imprison huh?... haha.. anyway.

I'm really glad Honoka wins. It was predictable but there was an actual competition for a second I thought Aoi will win due to the 'mother scene' and there was also the return of Yu.

But like what Yu said, Honoka is a wildflower that belongs to no one who blooms by her own until she met Koremitsu and then she became Koremitsu's Heliotrope.

Honoka is the only one who loves Koremitsu first rather than 'Hikaru's Friend'.

The promises on Volume 1 was also fulfilled. Saying good bye to Hikaru with a smile and getting Koremitsu a girlfriend who can smile.
Oct 29, 2016 11:42 PM
Sep 2016
So, guys, do you mind to spoil me a bit? Who does Akagi end up with? I am curious about It.
Apr 30, 2017 12:04 AM
Oct 2016
Best harem novel I've ever read.
Best girl (Akagi's Heliotrope) wins.
Apr 30, 2017 12:06 AM
Oct 2016
shiiyo said:
Damn, son. It was an awesome ride. I had to cry at the farewell scene. The one who never cried cried, the one who never smiled smiled. I loved it. The story itself was really well written, I was never bored. Wish it had more popularity...

Yeah I felt that tooas well
Jun 24, 2017 7:19 PM

Aug 2013
I am glad the author chose the only logical choice, literally everyone else likes him only cuz of Hikaru, maybe Yu and Asai is a bit of an exception since neither of them actually 'loved' Hikaru but admired him

Though like Koremitsu, Asai would've been too weird, she doesnt even confess properly and most of us probably dont like her that much since she shit-talks for like 6 volumes.

Yu lives abroad so that would be too sad for Koremitsu and Honoka proved to be far more influential to him anyway

Honoka really is the best Tsundere :P i hate this character trope but cant help but love Honoka. sad that we never saw Koremitsu call her by her first name lol
Freestyle80Jul 20, 2017 10:09 AM
Sep 1, 2017 10:28 PM
May 2015
Thank God Honoka is the one who Akagi ended up with, honestly I haven't read the LN yet but finished the Manga (which is short) but since I found out that Honaka is the one Akagi ended up with I'm gonna read the LN =))

By the way does anyone here no what site where I can read or download this LN?
Feb 17, 2018 4:40 AM

Nov 2010
So in the end the only other heroines who have an actual chance in winning Koremitsu Brawl are Aoi and Yuu, which is fitting I guess (First heroine, and first love). Glad that the best (and only logical choice) girl won though. Aoi got pretty close in the middle but that's as far as she could go, nice try.

Some of the plot elements in the last two arc are kinda annoying, but overall I really like this Novel. Creating a harem with this many member is hard, but in the end everything is satisfying enough for me.

8.3/10. Would be 9/10 if not for the two psychotic characters :(
May 3, 2019 8:57 AM
Aug 2018
I am really glad that Honoka won.
What makes me depressed is that I couldn't see more of akagi x honoka moments. It was too short.
Mitaka99Feb 20, 7:36 PM
My Candies:
Bonus candy:
May 26, 2019 11:52 AM
Aug 2014
I feel absolutely amazed and empty. This was an amazing ride and I never thought reading could be so fun and addicting, aside from HakoMari. I loved the characters; all of them were likeable and felt developed. They were humans and had their own circumstances. I do have a few complains but I am too astounded to write them out. Best girl won and Hikaru; very bittersweetly ascended. Honoka is the best tsundere of all time.

- I am very glad there wasn't an open ending and Koremitsu got attached to a girl and dated her.
- I throughouly enjoyed how Hikaru and Koremitsu departed, despite my heart being crushed.

10/10
Feb 23, 2021 6:17 AM

Jul 2017
This series has definitely had its ups and downs for me, the 2nd volume being fantastic whereas some volumes like the 3rd and the 5th ones falling short as mediocre volumes. While this volume on its own is actually not really the best volume from the series by any means, it was such a terrific closure for the whole series with me actually feeling a bit emotional seeing Hikaru greet all of his flowers goodbye, as well as to Koremitsu for being a hero who prevented them from wilting and granting happiness to all of them, as well as closure too for his sudden passing. Koremitsu was someone who was always misjudged, always looked down on by the others and never had friends to rely upon but in the end, he's gained the ability to smile, he's gained a lot of fellow comrades (and a little sister too) and he's gained someone who he can truly love with all of his heart in a relationship with her (Honoka). Hikaru might have been a bit of a harem prince bastard who was way too easy to help out every girl that he can and did cause a lot of trouble for Koremitsu by being a ghost that couldn't depart for a long time as Koremitsu had to fulfill all of the wishes, but in the end, Hikaru really did open up the doors for Koremitsu to pursue a happy life in the long run. The epilogue with seeing him and Honoka interact with each other as boyfriend and girlfriend truly was satisfying to watch and really, made the whole series come together beautifully despite the problems I had with some volumes.

Special mentions to Honoka. She was the only person in my eyes that was truly meant to go out with Koremitsu in the long run since she was the only one that wasn't a 'flower' of Hikaru's in the past. She might have respected Hikaru but from the first volume when seeing his true nature for the first time, she's always had her eyes and heart for Koremitsu and despite the inferiority complex at times, seeing Koremitsu interact with others and seeing them have bigger statures than her to go out with, she was the one person who was truly there for him whenever he was down and needed help and she was the one that gave it her all for them to eventually get together. And in the end, seeing them get together just felt perfect for this series. Definitely a top tier female character for me and one of the few tsundere characters I actually really love.

Overall, the series I'd give a 7/10. Some volumes were average at best, and some problems and characters were definitely overdramatized as hell, but in the end, I grew attached to most of the characters, especially Honoka and Koremitsu, and the series has given me a lot of good memories to cherish. Just like what Hikaru and Koremitsu gave to the flowers they had to help not wilt. Satisfied.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Ita Koro...... Volume 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2015

2 by animejas »»
Feb 22, 2021 8:56 AM

Poll: » Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Ita Koro...... Volume 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2015

4 by animejas »»
Feb 21, 2021 7:02 AM

» Is This Anohana???

Jack_Bridges - Mar 7, 2019

2 by Syureria »»
Nov 25, 2020 4:25 PM

Poll: » Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Ita Koro...... Volume 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2016

2 by GiantQAACSleier »»
May 26, 2019 7:16 AM

Poll: » Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Ita Koro...... Volume 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2015

1 by GiantQAACSleier »»
May 26, 2019 4:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.