Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 3, 2016 10:17 AM

Jan 2015
Started to feel more like a character study than an episodic mystery as I got closer and closer to the ending, and this final episode pretty much proved it to me. Not that I'm complaining, but if that's what they were truly aiming for they should have made it apparent from the beginning. (But maybe I'm just wrong.)

6/10 for now, until I rewatch it.
Jan 3, 2016 10:23 AM

Jun 2013
This was alright. The plot was good but I was expecting a little more suspense thriller kind of things instead of basic mystery. The characters were okay. Judging by the ending I hope it gets a season 2.
Overall 7/10
Jan 3, 2016 1:42 PM

Dec 2009
7/10 because I really enjoyed the finale and Sakurako is a badass.

I wouldn't mind second season, but I think a movie would be better.

Will we ever know the reason behind Hector's glow?
Jan 5, 2016 5:12 AM

Feb 2013
Loved this anime, would watch another season

9/10
Jan 5, 2016 11:55 PM

Oct 2013
Solid 7/10 for me :)

- I accepted it as a show "dedicated to those trapped in the past" as per said in the opening
- I never minded looking at a genius unique Ojou-sama in an anime. Especially if shes a main char (thats a +)
- Story are just about average, I sure love learning more about science. Great info about bones here lol
Jan 7, 2016 7:31 AM

Aug 2013
This needs a sequel I'd say.
The thing I liked most is the beautiful background and scenery..
Can't say I like all the characters but mehh.. just Sakurako is win.
The art and visuals were nice.. very nice watch.
Jan 7, 2016 4:19 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent ending if you ask me, from time to time the episodes were a bit slow but in general the ending does make it a pretty good closure even though with the epilogue being quite interesting and suspicious a second season would still be possible where they tell more about that painter.

All in all I quite liked this anime!
Jan 8, 2016 2:37 AM
Jun 2014
The last episode was mostly a big flashback and left a lot to be desired for a final bang. I was very confused at why they decided to make it mostly flashback when I saw it, then I saw the scene after the credits. Huge cliffhanger and I expect a second season sometime late this year or next year. The second season actually has more potential than the first and if it has an overarching plot could seriously be one of the greatest anime to come out in the last few years. The major problem with season one was its near episodic format and that each investigation didnt even feel really connected until the end. I hope we see more character development and an overarching plot in season 2. Overall pretty good anime, wasnt great but it was cool.
Jan 8, 2016 2:39 AM
Jun 2014
Also, Shoutaro mentions that Hanabusa was involved in the investigation about the mother dying to protect her children. How was he involved in that? We've seen the ways he was involved in the other investigations but I dont see how he was involved in this case. Could someone point this out to me?
Jan 8, 2016 4:08 AM

Jul 2014
We need more anime like this in this fanservire sh*tstorm.
9/10
Jan 10, 2016 12:33 AM

Jul 2008
Definitely not the best final, but I want more. 7/10
Jan 10, 2016 8:55 PM

Dec 2012
Pretty good overall. Could use better length, and ending could be executed better but overall better than a lot of stuff this season. Enjoyable to say the least. Still don't understand the fiance thing.
Jan 14, 2016 10:48 AM

Jun 2009
Kinda disappointing final episode but the show was good. 7/10 I'd watch a second season.

Also Sakurako-san is insanely HOT. Just sayin'

Defective_Minus said:
Also, Shoutaro mentions that Hanabusa was involved in the investigation about the mother dying to protect her children. How was he involved in that? We've seen the ways he was involved in the other investigations but I dont see how he was involved in this case. Could someone point this out to me?

The drugster dad was constantly going on about the butterflies. To the viewer that made it fairly obvious that Hanabusa was somehow involved (what exactly he did we never found out) but I'm not sure if the characters should be able to deduct that.
Jan 15, 2016 7:28 AM

Sep 2015
Jonesy974 said:
Holy fuck that ending....can we PLEASE get a S2?

I don't know why people dislike the mysteries in this show. I thought they were really well done.

I'd much rather have a mystery that starts as a mystery and then all of the puzzle pieces get put together and you find out the entire story just like a cold case...rather than something like Perfect Insider where you have literally no idea what the fuck is going on, some of the episodes don't even further the mystery, and then the viewer can come up with some asspull guess based on zero evidence and it turns out to be totally right.

I also like that the didn't spoon feed you the main arc. We got teases of it here and there, especially with the toxic painting arc, but then they were able to set that aside and come back to it later when it actually became important.

I enjoyed the duo of Sakurako and Shoutarou. Anybody who says either of them were bland and didn't have character development clearly wasn't interested in watching the show. They may not have made huge changes, but they both did experience a degree of growth.

Also liked the double meaning of "corpse buried under Sakurako's feet shown this episode. The first meaning that comes to mind is Sakurako and the death of her brother. But then Sakurako also said the line "what's buried under a cheery tree? a body". Referencing the case itself. Could also be a subtle hint that her brothers body is also literally buried under Sakurako's cherry tree.

IDGI_Pro <---- This guys review was fucking atrocious. Shit gave me more cancer than Glasslip.

This ^^ I loved the atmosphere in Sakurako and the good animation, anime industry needs more show like this and less "cute girls" shows.

Can't wait for Season 2.
Jan 16, 2016 2:17 AM

Jul 2013
Average anime and some parts were boring. Cliche where at the start nothing gets explained until the last episode. It doesnt deserve that rank at all, 5/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2016 5:58 AM

Oct 2013
Pleasant enough finale for the series, I guess. I didn't expect anything different.

I feel what people missed with this show is that it was never meant to be a genuine mystery show; Subete ga F was the mystery show of this season, not Sakurako-san. This show was about the emotions of the characters and how death hits everybody.

On that front, its questionable how successful this series was at its goal. It did a splendid job at showcasing the characters' emotions and making this a character study, but one would think the writer would put more effort into making the characters memorable were that the case. I honestly could not remember most of the supporting cast whenever they showed up in later episodes, and that is essentially the opposite of what one would hope for in a series that is supposed to be character driven.

I also feel the show tapered off a bit too much during the second half of the series, when the individual stories became less... interesting. Aside from the episode with the three girls from an episode or two back; that one was spectacular.

First half of the series was genuinely great though. I really hope this gets a second season when there is enough LN material to make one.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 16, 2016 3:35 PM

Jan 2011
After a good first few episodes, it basically turned into episodic crap with no real story. Cliche, drama, rinse, repeat. :v

2/10
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 18, 2016 11:18 PM

Jun 2009
another prologue style ending, recently there are so many anime with ending like this and still not getting 2nd season. hope this one will get 2nd season soon

7/10.
Jan 29, 2016 8:44 AM

Aug 2014
i guess we got an open ending in hopes of a second season to wrap things up with? to have the chase in? i wish we saw things from sakurako's perspective rather than shoutarou's tho.

the after ed scene. he is creepy
Jan 30, 2016 9:29 AM

Oct 2013
Good series i love the art and the animation. Finally Sakurako call Shoutarou by his name not just "shounen". I was expecting some romance but it was alright although i'm pretty sure that Shoutarou has crush on Sakurako. i can't say Skurarko is too old for him because we don't know how old she is exactly, all we knew is she is an alumni from Shoutarous school.

The Hanabusa appearance at the end of the episode is a sign that the 2nd season should be more interesting. I can't wait for the new Journey towards the abyss.

Overall score 8/10
Feb 7, 2016 6:40 AM

Apr 2011
It was fine. Sakurako was the most interesting character in the series. It has its dull and interesting moments.

6/10 for the series.
Feb 22, 2016 5:26 AM
Jan 2008
Very disappointed by the ending. What about the computer she was talking to? What about Hanabusa? How did her little brother die? I mean, the ending was "okay" but... just not what I'm hoping to see. Is there anyone who've read the novel and is any of the above addressed yet?
Feb 22, 2016 7:36 PM
Aug 2013
I really love this anime. I feel like most modern anime is ruined with way too much unnecessary ecchi splattered upon it. At least with this anime, it focused more on important factors. The relationship between Sakurako and Shoutarou is really touching.

I'm really yearning for a second season. I thought in the end, it was going to illustrate how Sakurako's brother passed away.

But i'm really hoping that there will be a second season, since Hanabusa still remains a threat to both of them. ._. I really want to see how that story will turn out. >:D
Feb 22, 2016 7:37 PM
Aug 2013
Wow.... from reading the comments, you guys sure are critical o.o. I personally really loved this anime, I gave it a 10/10. xD
Feb 22, 2016 7:41 PM
Aug 2013
Mike_ptbr said:
Jonesy974 said:
Holy fuck that ending....can we PLEASE get a S2?

I don't know why people dislike the mysteries in this show. I thought they were really well done.

I'd much rather have a mystery that starts as a mystery and then all of the puzzle pieces get put together and you find out the entire story just like a cold case...rather than something like Perfect Insider where you have literally no idea what the fuck is going on, some of the episodes don't even further the mystery, and then the viewer can come up with some asspull guess based on zero evidence and it turns out to be totally right.

I also like that the didn't spoon feed you the main arc. We got teases of it here and there, especially with the toxic painting arc, but then they were able to set that aside and come back to it later when it actually became important.

I enjoyed the duo of Sakurako and Shoutarou. Anybody who says either of them were bland and didn't have character development clearly wasn't interested in watching the show. They may not have made huge changes, but they both did experience a degree of growth.

Also liked the double meaning of "corpse buried under Sakurako's feet shown this episode. The first meaning that comes to mind is Sakurako and the death of her brother. But then Sakurako also said the line "what's buried under a cheery tree? a body". Referencing the case itself. Could also be a subtle hint that her brothers body is also literally buried under Sakurako's cherry tree.

IDGI_Pro <---- This guys review was fucking atrocious. Shit gave me more cancer than Glasslip.

This ^^ I loved the atmosphere in Sakurako and the good animation, anime industry needs more show like this and less "cute girls" shows.

Can't wait for Season 2.

I REALLY AGREE WITH BOTH OF YOU GUYS. I really love deep shows like this.
asianeekamkeeFeb 22, 2016 7:48 PM
Feb 22, 2016 7:43 PM
Aug 2013
sherri-chan said:
Very disappointed by the ending. What about the computer she was talking to? What about Hanabusa? How did her little brother die? I mean, the ending was "okay" but... just not what I'm hoping to see. Is there anyone who've read the novel and is any of the above addressed yet?

Perhaps this will be answered in the "second season". I guess they wanted to leave the audience guessing.
Mar 4, 2016 10:15 PM

Jun 2012
Watching the last episode, my reaction was: Omg you two, just fuck already, or at least kiss.
Mar 6, 2016 4:03 PM

Sep 2011
I admit, even though I hated that woman during the whole anime, I liked this. And it seems like there's some space for S2, well, I'll be waiting.
Mar 10, 2016 10:26 AM
Dec 2013
I just finished this series, I know took me long enough, but I have to say that I don't like the boy so much. He annoyed me so much it was insane. lol but that didn't take away from how good the anime was to me. lol
Mar 14, 2016 1:29 AM
Sep 2015
Everyone really seems to be hating on this show a little too hard. Is it okay if I say I really liked it. I hope there's a second season or a least a movie. I thought the pacing was fine but the ending was a little awkward. It was almost like they ran out of time and had to wrap it up real quick. I guess I like it more than most here cause I'm not some hardcore mystery fan.
Mar 25, 2016 5:25 AM

Jul 2014
What a bizarre decision to do this weird back and forth presentation with the past and present.

This should have been the first episode and everything would have been better for it.
Apr 4, 2016 5:11 PM

Dec 2007
really liked the anime, animation looked good, sakurako-san is a very interesting character the school teacher is also very interesting, i'd like to have known more about him. do you think there will be a 2nd season? it ended so open.
Apr 5, 2016 11:24 PM

Jan 2014
Wonderful. I loved it. I would love to see what happens next, soon. There are some unexplained things, like her fiancé, the man in that bed and also Hanabusa. But so far it's been exceptionally enjoyable to me.
Apr 17, 2016 11:10 PM

Jun 2015
somebody knows about second season ?
Apr 28, 2016 2:03 AM

Nov 2012
Huh, an open ending, eh? ...well, probably because the conflict with Hanabusa is still ongoing in the novel, so giving a conclusion in the anime would feel like cheapening.

Still it's a pity that there are still a lot of stuff left unexplained.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
May 11, 2016 9:08 AM

Jun 2014
While this show had beautiful animation, interesting forensics and a likeable but eccentric main character (Sakurako, obviously), the plot was rather weak, some characters were utterly dull and several episodes seemed pointless to me. However, if this anime had a second season, I think I would watch it.

6/10
Rely on nothing under heaven
May 21, 2016 5:01 PM

May 2013
The literal only episode where Shoutarou was remotely interesting.
Jun 1, 2016 12:23 PM
Aug 2015
just one question ...
whos is sakurako fiance ?
she doesn't seem to be intrested in any one ...
Jul 26, 2016 10:59 PM

Mar 2014
Nice anime. Wasn't that great, but not really bad, either. Sakurako is very desirable, let's be real here.

And of-fucking-course the villain would be revealed at the end being played by the GOAT, Takehito Koyasu! Marked out, not gonna lie.

6/10
Nov 6, 2016 1:04 AM

Dec 2012
I finally finished this after a week and a half. It took me 3 weeks to finish Hunter x Hunter and that had 148 episodes, but then I come straight to this right after, it was a struggle. Final 3 episodes were the best and most interesting.

My waifu, Yuriko, was the best thing about this show. Glad we got to see her one last time in this episode.

Looks like Shoutarou is ready for Kujou vs Koyasu.

Of course they showed Bones mode at the end since we haven't seen it in a few episodes. lol
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 19, 2017 5:25 AM

Feb 2012
I find the scoring too diversed. Many are scoring 8, 9, 10 out of 10 but there people scoring 4, 5, 6 too...
I get the fact that except for Sakurano, everybody else are not too charismatic but I think the way everyone else are is the reason Sakurano feel too overly likable. Shoutaro is best at what he is doing as her support - stopping her eccentric tendencies, caring and protecting her, finding her when she is lost and pulling her when she acts too unemotional. I can think of him as someone who is there by her side pulling her away from the abyss. Though he is not someone who is powerful and strong to remain by her side now but what she lack is something he is strong at and that is why their team work is great. One has an Insight other has an Observation skill. We shouldn't forget that he is still growing and is only an average high-schooler but what is seen throughout the series is how he is accepting her world and thinking and trying to fill in for what she lacks. Novel is ongoing ..too many things are still unclear and that is why we should wait for story to finish before hating it. I enjoyed it because it was something different from rest of the series coming out these days.... so I score it 8/10.
Apr 10, 2017 10:52 AM
Mar 2017
I loved the show, but it was too short to make it justice. If you get to know the characters more, I'm sure you'd like it even better.
Apr 14, 2017 5:58 AM

Apr 2017
THIS ANIME SERIOUSLY NEEDS SEASON 2! WE NEED TO SEE HANABUSA!!!!

seriously o,o 10/10 but we really need to see hanabusa xD

Aug 29, 2017 2:56 PM
Aug 2014
So it ends with a flashblack and a cliché ending and we haven't seen the last of Shoutarou, not that I expected it, but I had hope.
Dec 6, 2017 2:14 PM

Oct 2015
What a bad plot in this anime, I think this anime's ending didn't feel like one. How could they do a background story in the end when that hairless bad guy Hanabusa is still hanging. I think they should have gotten their priorities straight, did the background around the middle maybe on six that would be better.
This stupid last episode felt like a really cheap ass romance about protecting one another when this was supposed to be mystery, and supposed to end as one. It motivated me not to watch season 2, but on the upside it had good animation and the MC was a bit tolerable. I didn't feel this one and the enjoyment was bleak so 5/10 to be generous on the animation quality.

SEE YOU NOT IN SEASON 2.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 10, 2018 4:22 PM

Jul 2017
I wish the didn't do a flashback on how they met on the last ep unless there was gonna be a second season but it was still fine sense there the novel/manga. but that ending though ahh.. why end it the series on a good fucking cliff hanger
Mar 24, 2018 10:23 PM

Feb 2018
It is also a high likely possibility that Itsuki Isozaki (Teacher) is the Hanabusa, the main mastermind behind all the cases and Yuriko might be his next target as he like to manipulate his victims as he did with those 3 girls. But as she seems to be developing crush towards Shotarou, Hanabusa might find it difficult in this situation. He is also trying to manipulate both Shotarou and Sakurako with various cases but Sakurako will never let that happen which will be his downfall.
Sep 17, 2018 5:48 PM

Mar 2012
Bit disappointed that the story wasn't resolved but was still a decent enough of a watch.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Feb 18, 2019 7:35 PM

Jun 2015
left unresolved and a cliff hanger, so i presume there's gonna be a season 2 or they're trying for one.
12 episodes was too short for an anime like this
Jan 17, 2020 11:27 PM

Mar 2012
I really liked this, too bad it never got a 2nd season
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

117 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

96 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

109 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2015

80 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2015

111 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.