Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 15, 2015 12:02 PM

Apr 2013
So they brought Ginyu back... though it didn't actually change anything. And Piccolo loses hard against that scum, yeah right...
Dec 16, 2015 8:52 AM
Feb 2015
Wow, if Ginyu was able to change this entire time why didn't he do it sooner with someone else? PLOT HOLES.
Dec 16, 2015 10:45 AM

Apr 2014
bashirdk said:
Wow, if Ginyu was able to change this entire time why didn't he do it sooner with someone else? PLOT HOLES.

Because there's no one on Earth that can read the thing that he wrote on the ground.

Dec 20, 2015 3:54 AM

Jan 2013
Tagoma was cut short so prematurely, I wanted to see more of that guy playing around, even though he was sure cocky of himself and would have wished one of the Z fighters to have owned him.

Regardless, Ginyu coming back is nice to see. You gotta feel his sufferings from being a frog, ha. Poor gohan and piccolo at the end. Frieza went nuts
Dec 23, 2015 11:41 PM

Dec 2014
Picollo owned instead of krillin
Jun 11, 2016 12:55 PM

Nov 2013
So sorry but this episode was quite bad...so many things wrong with it

- that ridiculous power-up
- Ginyu?! Really?!
- Gohan being SSJ
- lack of blood

I hope it'll get better, I really do...
Jun 29, 2016 1:24 AM

Jun 2009
I know it's frustrating that Gohan isn't as awesome as he probably could have been by this point. But, I like that he's probably got the most innate pure talent of any of the Z fighters but, because he doesn't train like his father and Vegeta, he's suffered for it. Would be nice if all of this was a wakeup call for him, I'd love to see him reach his potential some day because up until the end of the Cell arc he may have had the best character arc of anyone in the series.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 3, 2016 6:16 PM

Mar 2010
They really trolled with the fuse.. Anyways funny how goku and vegeta go to get stronger.. but when they are needed they can't even utilize it on time.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 23, 2017 3:36 PM
Oct 2016
Wasn't Gohan supposed to have had his hidden power drawn out by old kai thus not being able to benefit from turning super saiyan?
Jun 18, 2017 4:17 PM

Mar 2016
Disappointing to see how weak all the favorite heroes have gotten. Frieza doesn't even have to try against Gohan and Piccolo takes the deadly blow...sad
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Oct 26, 2017 1:38 PM

Feb 2009
Boy, it sure sucks to be Gohan or Piccolo.
Jan 28, 2021 5:20 AM

Jun 2019
Picollo once again being the father to Gohan. :(
May 6, 2021 8:19 PM

Jan 2010
I love Ginyu getting a comeback. I like the changes so far from Resurrection F so far, but I'm not entirely certain about the flashbacks to DBZ. I understand the need to recall events from two decades ago, they're just getting me to remember watching the original episodes on TV. Out of personal bias, it's hard to replace the original art and animation in my mind, especially with how hit and miss the new style is.
Dec 9, 2022 1:28 PM

Nov 2020
Gohan's way too weak. Piccolo sacrified once again for Gohan, but Gohan never returned the favor.

Nov 19, 2023 11:01 AM

Jan 2021
God damn it Picollo!
Apr 15, 9:03 AM

Apr 2016
Woah, did they even watch Dragon Ball Z before doing this thing?
It looks like that's not the case...
Apr 24, 7:36 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Figured this episode was worth making a post for, as one of my favorite villains returned, being Captain Ginyu. Yeah it sucks for Tagoma as he had a character arc from being a lowly subordinate to someone stronger than the entire Frieza Force due to his “training” with Frieza, only to get replaced by Ginyu and be left in the same frog Ginyu was left in for so long lol, but really Tagoma let the power go to his head, his maniacal laughing as he whooped ass was proof of that. It’s also interesting that Tagoma was originally meant to be the strong one in the Resurrection F movie but Shisami was instead, so it’s cool seeing them use this original plot in the anime version, I’m not sure if Ginyu was part of that originally tho lol.

And we also got the explanation on how Ginyu made it to earth, and it makes sense but I was surprised he hasn’t replaced a human after all this time, but maybe he had to have someone say “change now” for it to work and he only knows that alien language, or maybe he was just waiting for his chance to rejoin the Frieza Force all this time, idk, I’m just amazed he never lost his sanity being a frog for that long lol. And it’s also kinda fucked up that Ginyu was stronger than Tagoma in his own body due to his fighting experience, they really shafted Tagoma huh lol, but I did enjoy seeing Ginyu fight, it’s just a shame he couldn’t handle Super Saiyan Gohan and is already basically put to the side, I know he could still change bodies again but I doubt that’ll happen.

And lastly it did hurt seeing Gohan be tortured like that, I know folks hate the treatment he got after the Cell saga but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the direction he took, he definitely doesn’t deserve this treatment from Frieza either but I’m sure it’ll lead to him getting stronger after this arc, so folks that want a strong Gohan should be appeased at some point lol. And RIP Piccolo, this man can’t stop taking hits for Gohan, that is if he’s actually dead.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 62 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

93 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.