Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 23, 2009 10:58 PM

Apr 2009
Beatnik said:
It is actually rare for there to be western comic fans on this forum, hence my nerd alert. It was more like a tribal calling for attention.

I like graphic novels too, though it's been a while since I read anything. Dont like the superhero stuff, I'm more into stuff like Transmetropolitan, Preacher, 100 Bullets, etc.

I know, I've come to learn that on MAL. In truth I'm a fan of comics in general. Whether it be from the west or the east ;)

Now Preacher, there's something that should be made into a movie. Although, I'm worried that it be changed to fit the masses but Watchmen was made for us graphic novel aficionados ;)
So you'll never know.
The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.

--- Carl Sagan
Dec 23, 2009 11:02 PM

Apr 2009
Beatnik said:
Yep, it's all about Vertigo really, and a handful of writers. I forgot, Y: The Last Man was also pretty awesome, that might be the most recent thing I read.

People are harping on about Scott Pilgrim lately, what with the film adaptation coming out next year, will have to check that out to see what the fuss is about.

Scott Pilgrim, has been on my to read list in like forever. Beatnik, have you ever read

"Blueberry".

Because it's a french comic it's not being sold her in America and since I believe you said you're from the UK (I believe in the Avatar forum) then you would most likely have access to it.

--- Carl Sagan
Dec 23, 2009 11:24 PM

Sep 2009
JH said:

Now Preacher, there's something that should be made into a movie. Although, I'm worried that it be changed to fit the masses but Watchmen was made for us graphic novel aficionados ;)
So you'll never know.

Who knows when Preacher will get done.
I'm disappointed that HBO dropped the planned Preacher series, but at least the Preacher movie is still in the works.
Sam Mendes has signed on to direct and I've liked his films that I've seen so it should be good. However they won't be using the scripts Ennis was writing for the show which just seems a damned shame.
Dec 23, 2009 11:38 PM

Apr 2008
I'm so excited for this movie is all I have to say.
Dec 24, 2009 10:27 AM

Apr 2009
Otacons_Girl said:
However they won't be using the scripts Ennis was writing for the show which just seems a damned shame.

Since Ennis likes to gross people out, I have mixed feelings about it. No telling what kindof sick stuff he came up with for paid-cable tv. NSFW .... with Ennis behind the works NSFWS = Not suitable for the Weak of STOMACH hell, he wouldn't be suitable for the NORMAL STRENGTH OF STOMACH!

--- Carl Sagan
Jan 8, 2010 12:42 PM

Jan 2008
New trailer.

Looks really fun!
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM

Apr 2009
yeah, it seems stupid tho awesome at teh same time lmao x)
must watch)
Jan 8, 2010 2:39 PM

Jul 2008
This looks like one of the greatest pieces of film ever conceived.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Jan 8, 2010 2:44 PM

Jan 2008
Beatnik said:
New trailer.

Looks really fun!

I love the shot of Nic Cage putting on eyeliner. This looks set to be a great parody/exploration of the super hero genre. Ya'll know Batman had to put eyeliner on before putting on his mask.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jan 8, 2010 2:47 PM

Oct 2009
Beatnik said:
Beatnik said:
New trailer.

Looks really fun!

I love the shot of Nic Cage putting on eyeliner. This looks set to be a great parody/exploration of the super hero genre. Ya'll know Batman had to put eyeliner on before putting on his mask.

Can't wait to see the movie :B It looks pretty good.

" ... carpenters fashion wood; wise people fashion themselves" - Buddhism
Jan 10, 2010 10:33 AM

Sep 2009
The more stuff I see about this movie the more excited i get!
I can't wait till April!
The last issue comes out in a little over a month! (It's about time!)
I must stop myself from squeeing like a fangirl.
Jan 10, 2010 12:01 PM

Jul 2007
Bakayaro said:
This looks like one of the greatest pieces of film ever conceived.

I wouldn't go that far, but it's looking to be one of the most fun movies of this year. Definitely an "opening night" type of film for the rowdy atmosphere.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Mar 28, 2010 4:31 AM

Jan 2008
I watched the movie last night.

And it was kick-ass.

Go see it.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.