Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 11, 2015 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shiki is like one of the most mysterious dudes out of the cast especially towards Ritsuka but also with some cryptic purpose. That hand moment though and embrace. Ritsukia's harem is increasing

Imo, best music video so far out of the episodes. It had this darker presence with Shiki's performance.

Kineta: Your clue isn't in this post, but is somewhere on this page~
tingyApr 18, 6:12 PM
Nov 11, 2015 8:32 AM

Nov 2007
Hirakawa-san's character is in bad mood and is destroying flowers and hurting himself. She came to the help. It seems like he just wants everyone's attention. This time her friend comes along to with his weird trip.

A scene showing that her mother is hidden by the group of vampire. Art museum and one of the pictures making her remember the past, which might have key to "Crimoware". His song is confusing, is he singing his affection to her? It is confirmed that her friend is also exorcist to protect "Crimoware". Wait, he's fallen angel?!

More action from the mysterious devil next.
tsubasaloverNov 11, 2015 9:54 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 11, 2015 9:25 AM

Sep 2010
It turns out Shiki was a fallen angel and Azuna is an exorcist. We also see that Ritsuka's mom got bitten on the neck. Will she become a vampire? The next episode looks like it will focus on the blue-haired guy. We can finally knows his name (maybe).

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Nov 11, 2015 9:32 AM

Sep 2014
Pretty sad to find that her friend wasn't being honest with her all along.
Nov 11, 2015 9:49 AM
Oct 2015
It's confirmed. Shiki's a yandere. Best.Episode.Ever. I knew he'd be my favorite all along! But guys, do you think he's needy or just evil?
Nov 11, 2015 9:52 AM
Oct 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shiki is like one of the most mysterious dudes out of the cast especially towards Ritsuka but also with some cryptic purpose. That hand moment though and embrace. Ritsukia's harem is increasing

Imo, best music video so far out of the episodes. It had this darker presence with Shiki's performance.
ultimateperson said:
Shiki IS the most mysterious dude out of the cast for sure!
Nov 11, 2015 1:12 PM

Mar 2013
Shiki seriously creeps me out. I can't tell if I dislike him or that ginger guy more, whatever the fuck his name was. Not like he's been relevant since his weird greenhouse shit anyway.

Also, really Ristuka? Right by the creep trying to attack you is not the place to argue with your friend because she didn't tell you she was an exorcist. I don't see why it's a big deal anyhow... If even your own brother (who seems to be your cousin now...) couldn't tell you about this shit then your friend telling you would've been fucking weird.
Nov 11, 2015 1:24 PM

Sep 2012
F___ said:
When I first watched the PV, I thought Hirakawa Daisuke's voice wouldn't fit Shiki at all, but it has really grown on me.

I still think it's voice doesn't fit... but it is what it is :/
Overall pretty nice episode and I liked Shiki's song. In next episode we get to see more Lindo with red eyes so hopefully we'll then know more about it C:
Nov 11, 2015 2:08 PM

Oct 2015
well now it is officially confirmed that Lindo's not her brother.
I expected that.

I am also not sure if I should like Shiki or not. Well he is extremely interesting but somehow he also creeps the hell out of me xD

I am lost now. Who are the "good" people and who are the "bad"? Hopefully we get more answers next week
Nov 11, 2015 3:44 PM

Oct 2011
SHIKI <333

Lindo's claws in the preview 0___0
Nov 11, 2015 4:39 PM
Nov 2015
Hajimemashite.

Well I signed up just to post that I'm loving this show. It really been surprising me more and more.

(Thank GOD Ritsuka has brains!!!)
Nov 11, 2015 4:50 PM

Apr 2014
I have to admit shiki have his charm...but mage still my favourite

wtf is doing rem???

i think i like lindo too <3
Nov 11, 2015 8:40 PM
Jul 2018
Shiki is a fallen angel and Azuna is an exocist!

Shiki is so mysterious!
tingyApr 18, 6:13 PM
Nov 11, 2015 9:55 PM
Feb 2015
Am I the only one who feels like Shiki's song is sexually implied?
Nov 11, 2015 11:14 PM
Oct 2015
hasegawa-ayaka said:
ultimateperson said:
No.
Nov 11, 2015 11:19 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
> "They make fun of me. Because I'm an angel."
> "You are?"
> "Yes. A poor, fallen angel, cast out of heaven. You and I, we're the same."
> "I'm a human!"

LOL! Ritsuka's character is much more likable than Yui, despite her foolishness at times. The backstory was kinda interesting though.

Nov 12, 2015 12:11 AM

Jan 2008
It was interesting. I did expect Shiki to be the sadist of the bunch, but not like this. So far he's the most mysterious, and he's strangely more sane when in battle mode. I'll give them credit for the fact that when in "serious mode" he does act more like an angel then a devil.
Nov 12, 2015 1:20 AM

May 2014
Respect for Shiki, hes a fallen angel
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Nov 12, 2015 3:12 AM

Jul 2013
Really good episode, as I expected I like Shiki the most of all of them. Especially liked the song and the little battle scene we saw, was pretty interesting. The revelation that Azuna is an exorcist too, isn't really surprising. You could have guessed due to her acting towards Lindo.

Am I the only one who thinks, that her mother isn't her mother but her aunt is? Shiki said, that he is going to show her her mother and he has no reason to lie. Even the thing he said before disappearing hints at that.

I see why you don't want Lindo being her brother, but I still think he is ^^"

Well next episode is going to be about the doggy, looking forward to it :3

Overall still pretty surprised and impressed by the plot, I seriously didn't think it would become this interesting.
"The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes."

Nov 12, 2015 5:28 AM

Mar 2008
Finally they revealed Azuna's identity. I suspected that she might be one of the exorcists. In this kind of stories, protagonist's best friend is usually his/her protector.

Best episode so far.
Nov 12, 2015 6:35 AM

May 2014
Good ep. I liked it. Hmm, we got to know more about Lindo and his secret. And damn, Azuna being an exorcist. I had never expected that. She looked epic, though I think the fight could have lasted a bit longer. It seems like Shiki were just too strong opponent. ^^

I feel that Ritzuka have feelings for Rem and the other way around too. I know something is going to happened. Maybe, just maybe she isn't a pawn for her after all.

Next ep. is really going to be interesting. A big fight is going to happen with Lindo with red eyes. LOL
mangalicker94Nov 12, 2015 6:44 AM
Nov 12, 2015 9:41 AM

Feb 2015
Lindo is actually her cousin! I new it! O(≧▽≦)O

Shiki being a fallen angel was a bit surprise though, I have seen the image of Shiki with black wings in the manga but thought he was some special type of a devil...
This episode's song was better than the last one, even though it was a bit/subtle-y sexual.
Nov 12, 2015 11:20 AM
Sep 2014
hasegawa-ayaka said:
Nope, lol
He's still my fav, and he's a bit yandere for points...he seems reasonably sane though :D
Ritsuka sure picks great times to argue over nothing...people say she has a brain, yea, but it doesn't work efficiently..

I was thinking wait, what exactly is he talking about.....it sounds wrong lol, so wrong ...I like his song the best so far though
KanohaneNov 12, 2015 11:51 AM
Nov 12, 2015 12:41 PM
Nov 2015
Kanohane said:
hasegawa-ayaka said:
Nope, lol
He's still my fav, and he's a bit yandere for points...he seems reasonably sane though :D
Ritsuka sure picks great times to argue over nothing...people say she has a brain, yea, but it doesn't work efficiently..

I was thinking wait, what exactly is he talking about.....it sounds wrong lol, so wrong ...I like his song the best so far though

Well she's not an Einstein, but she is more expressive than others MCs from Animes based on Otome Games... (*cough* Yui *cough* Amnesia's Heroine)

The that's surprising me is that everything is happening in an acceptable logic. Predictable, but acceptable and even likable manner.

Shiki saying she is boring is not something I would expect though.
RikaGeNov 12, 2015 1:17 PM
Nov 12, 2015 12:49 PM

Apr 2009
not quite sure what the difference between a devil and a fallen angel is (lucifer is a fallen angel and he's still satan...) but whatever because THOSE WINGGSS

i liked the song a lot :) daisuke did a pretty good job singing

shiki is still the prettiest of the boys, please stop destroying flowers though
Nov 12, 2015 1:05 PM

Dec 2012
LOL of fucking course it's not actually her brother "incest is wrong,it's ok with cousin" heckheckheck

Shiki's song was the best and he's hot af so that makes him best boy
Nov 12, 2015 2:52 PM

Mar 2013
kawaii-despair said:
LOL of fucking course it's not actually her brother "incest is wrong,it's ok with cousin" heckheckheck

It is a normal thing in Japanese families to marry your cousin. It's not the majority of people but no-one would look down on such a relationship in their culture. In fact, marrying your cousin is common all over the world. It's only really in modern times (and mostly in the west) that such relationships have been considered taboo. Only just over 100 years ago, people all over Europe and America were actively marrying their cousins and the majority of marriages in places like the middle east are still between relations that close.
Nov 12, 2015 10:19 PM
Sep 2014
Gekari said:
Kanohane said:
Nope, lol

Well she's not an Einstein, but she is more expressive than others MCs from Animes based on Otome Games... (*cough* Yui *cough* Amnesia's Heroine)

The that's surprising me is that everything is happening in an acceptable logic. Predictable, but acceptable and even likable manner.

I suppose when you put it that way...surprised you didn't mention Nanami * cough* Haruka though....

straggy said:
kawaii-despair said:

It is a normal thing in Japanese families to marry your cousin. It's not the majority of people but no-one would look down on such a relationship in their culture. In fact, marrying your cousin is common all over the world. It's only really in modern times (and mostly in the west) that such relationships have been considered taboo. Only just over 100 years ago, people all over Europe and America were actively marrying their cousins and the majority of marriages in places like the middle east are still between relations that close.
And thats why humans came out genetically predisposed to ailments throughout history and Japan as well...the issue is, bad genes run through your family genetics...including cousins....1 bad recessive + another bad recessive = defect in your genetic composition! If you procreate OUTSIDE OF kin, you may get 2 bad genes but if they are both recessive and different, no effect will happen...also Japan's incest lead to many ailments that helped form their tradition of fearing illness...this is part of why incest became illegal in the first place....in uneducated areas they refuse to acknowledge science over tradition though, and if you look in those areas....in places where incest is common, take India for examp........you will see the weirdest, completely unique, and unheard of diseases and conditions...just look up "tree man" or "2 faced girl"...or "child with 8 legs"...you get the concept...
KanohaneNov 12, 2015 10:34 PM
Nov 12, 2015 11:54 PM

Jun 2015
That was unexpectedly good. Didn't dislike it as I thought I would except few parts of the episode.
Pacing is slow. 6 episodes in and we still don't know /what/how/ Ritsuka /has to do/is related/ with the grimmoir?
HijaziNov 13, 2015 2:12 AM
Nov 13, 2015 2:29 AM

Jun 2015
F___ said:
They don't jump straight into the plot until the heroine spends some alone time with each one of the guys. The blue-haired guy is probably the last one ( just speaking from my limited experience with these kinds of shows )

I see. I don't mind them getting their own episodes. But now that they are done I really want to see some progress in the plot in the next episodes.
Nov 13, 2015 2:49 AM
May 2007
I think I really like Shiki. He's been making my heart throb the most.
I can try to be nice to him, I want to hear his shivering voice more.

F___ said:
and I love the little antennae sticking out of his hair.

I can't help keep seeing them as little horns. They are so cute♡
Nov 13, 2015 4:39 AM
Nov 2015
Hijazi said:
That was unexpectedly good. Didn't dislike it as I thought I would except few parts of the episode.
Pacing is slow. 6 episodes in and we still don't know /what/how/ Ritsuka /has to do/is related/ with the grimmoir?

I was thinking exactly the same thing. We are already in Episode 6, next week is the dog and then only 4 chapters remains. I wonder if this season will end in a cliffhanger... I'm really under the impression that this story has too many details and background to be explored to just end in one season.

For example, Rem is a mystery, no I should say all of them have their own past. How did they met? Shiki is another good example I'm dying to know how old he is... He is a fallen angel, hence he's older than, I think, our current count of years?

[... Maybe my comment just now is off-topic... If it is, please delete it. Thank you very much.]
RikaGeNov 13, 2015 4:52 AM
Nov 13, 2015 6:29 AM

Jan 2013
Shiroharu said:
I expected that.
Same.

Shiki oh my god.

??? guy returns next week, I think we'll get to know more about him.
Nov 13, 2015 7:56 AM

Jun 2015
Gekari said:
I was thinking exactly the same thing. We are already in Episode 6, next week is the dog and then only 4 chapters remains. I wonder if this season will end in a cliffhanger... I'm really under the impression that this story has too many details and background to be explored to just end in one season.

For example, Rem is a mystery, no I should say all of them have their own past. How did they met? Shiki is another good example I'm dying to know how old he is... He is a fallen angel, hence he's older than, I think, our current count of years?

Hmm....If they went for a cliffhanger ending then second season is not out of the question since it would not make sense otherwise. It could be an OVA or a Movie who knows. Seeing it is not doing bad and, as you said, the story could be explored much more too, one season may not be enough. So yeah. :)
Nov 13, 2015 10:18 AM

Sep 2015
So we're now halfway through Dance With Devils, and Shiki was the student council member being focused on this week. Shiki's tactic of leading Ritsuka and her friend to this museum that supposedly has pictures of Ritsuka's memories was interesting. If what one of the memories she sees is actually true, then it appears that Lindo may have a different relationship with Ritsuka than we were led to believe.

And Ritsuka now knows the truth about her friend... she handled this as well as could be expected, considering the circumstances.

But it was good to see Ritsuka show some backbone in this episode, especially in her confrontation with Rem right at the end of it.
Nov 13, 2015 8:23 PM
Jan 2013
Kanohane said:
Gekari said:

I suppose when you put it that way...surprised you didn't mention Nanami * cough* Haruka though....

straggy said:

And thats why humans came out genetically predisposed to ailments throughout history and Japan as well...the issue is, bad genes run through your family genetics...including cousins....1 bad recessive + another bad recessive = defect in your genetic composition! If you procreate OUTSIDE OF kin, you may get 2 bad genes but if they are both recessive and different, no effect will happen...also Japan's incest lead to many ailments that helped form their tradition of fearing illness...this is part of why incest became illegal in the first place....in uneducated areas they refuse to acknowledge science over tradition though, and if you look in those areas....in places where incest is common, take India for examp........you will see the weirdest, completely unique, and unheard of diseases and conditions...just look up "tree man" or "2 faced girl"...or "child with 8 legs"...you get the concept...

There are other meaningful factors such a poverty and malnutrition wtf.

Just admit that incest is wincest.The Poll does not lie.

Oremio's overhype is living proof of this trend.

And at least this guy did sonething useful.

Nov 13, 2015 8:50 PM
Sep 2014
Gekari said:
Kanohane said:
Nope, lol

I suppose when you put it that way...surprised you didn't mention Nanami Haruka though....
take note of Shuurei for future reference.

Shiki saying she is boring is not something I wouldn't expect though.
genesic123 said:
Kanohane said:

There are other meaningful factors such a poverty and malnutrition wtf.

Just admit that incest is wincest.The Poll does not lie.

Oremio's overhype is living proof of this trend.

And at least this guy did something useful.
Trends don't equate to safe, reasonable, logical, or even even in humanity's best interest...the conditions I listed have nothing to do with poverty...they are 100% from genetic issues..humans do a lot of stupid things against nature's will...that doesn't mean its safe or normal..this is "fantasy" incest...don't forget that or you become creepy...its kinda like rape porn.....I study Dna, biology, and write the research for medical professionals..so yea...incest is pretty risky in the real world.........but that's too deep to explain on an anime forum...and I think the topic is getting hijacked...also...Oreimo was dumb...
Nov 14, 2015 4:07 AM

Sep 2014
"Lullaby" "Lullaby" - DAMN!!! That is very catchy!!!!! One of the best songs in the anime!

And this is the best Episode so far!!!
SHIKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!
You almost gave me a heart attack when you stabbed that couch and scared the hell out of the puppy. I gasp soooooooooooo big!

The pacing here was really good! And we FUCKING Finnaly got some good action. When her blonde friend came and blew Shiki out of the way i was like FUCK YES!!!!! BITCH SLAY HIM!!!!!

Lots of interesting things happened here, hoping that it would only get better. Especially for how lackluster the other 5 episodes was.
Nov 14, 2015 9:32 AM

Mar 2008
straggy said:
kawaii-despair said:

IIRC Royalty and royal blood is one of the reasons why people married to their cousins and it was considered normal.

I don't mind sibling/cousin incest in stories though. It doesn't affect my life in any way.
Nov 14, 2015 9:44 AM
Oct 2015
aifukola said:
Shiroharu said:
I expected that.
Same.

Shiki oh my god.

??? guy returns next week, I think we'll get to know more about him.

[quote=ultimateperson]Hey guy, check this out!

Now it's pretty much confirmed that the mysterious blue-haired guy is the pomeranian!
liatop99Nov 15, 2015 2:56 AM
Nov 14, 2015 10:08 AM

May 2014
Lewd song
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Nov 14, 2015 12:17 PM

Jan 2015
Definitely a good episode.
Nov 14, 2015 2:49 PM

Sep 2011
Best character song in the anime so far, at least in my opinion. I rarely cringe, but I did at some points of the previous songs. Only this one didn't trigger that at any point. I like Shiki more than I thought, I must admit. I usually like yandere, be it males or females, but it depends on the character itself most the time. For me, it's hard to decide between Shiki and Mage, but I think Mage takes the first place and Shiki is second.

And to be honest, I can't really make use of Rem, if that's how you say it.
It's not like I don't like him. I just don't find him interesting in any way.
He's just mediocre in my opinion. But that guy with the fangirl group is
fine as well. And Lindo is okay, too.

I liked how Shiki's powers worked on her this episode, btw.
Makes it more interesting and exciting for me.

I really hope next episode will turn out as good as this one did eventually :3
Nov 14, 2015 5:01 PM
Sep 2014
Just gonna leave this here... ^^

"Let's say you get a bad gene, which scientists call deleterious, from your mom. But your dad's copy of the same gene functions normally, the good version acts like a backup, effectively preventing disease the bad gene might have caused."

But having a kid with your sibling, drastically increases the chances of getting two copies of the deleterious gene as compared to reproducing with someone outside of your family.

"Each of you would have a copy of that bad gene, so there's a good chance your kid won't have a normal copy to work with. Multiply that by any other deleterious genes sprinkled among an estimated 50,000 active genes in humans, and there are bound to be some life-shortening problems. "
Nov 15, 2015 2:29 AM
May 2007
ultimateperson said:
Hey guy, check this out!

Now it's pretty much confirmed that the mysterious blue-haired guy is the pomeranian!

I could see why recent goods have him hidden. He even has a reserved place in the key visual.
The 6th chara song is definitely the dog's and possibly he is on the BD/DVD vol.6 cover.
No one can easily get on Ritsuka's lap except the dog.
Nov 15, 2015 3:08 AM
Oct 2015
Shadow-Chan said:
ultimateperson said:
Hey guy, check this out!

Now it's pretty much confirmed that the mysterious blue-haired guy, is the pomeranian!

I could see why recent goods have him hidden. He even has a reserved place in the key visual.
The 6th chara song is definitely the dog's and possibly he is on the BD/DVD vol.6 cover.
No one can easily get on Ritsuka's lap except the dog.
I thought exactly the same. No mather how kind Ritsuka is, only the pomeranian could possibly have any access to her lap.[/quote]
Nov 15, 2015 3:21 AM

Jul 2009
After this episode I have a feeling that Lindo might be Ritsuka's cousin, and not brother...
Shiki have pretty wings, but that's all...
And Azuna is also an exorcist!
Nov 15, 2015 4:30 AM

Jul 2012
The song is so catchy! But...that lyrics...er...yep.

I was expecting Azuna to be something more than just the generic friend, especially after the last episode.

And Rem's shoes...I'm the only one bothered by it? Looks like he is wearing this:
http://images.toplojas.com.br/Assets/78/Produtos/822612/Fotos//G_teste_nikon_002.jpg D:

Nov 15, 2015 7:49 AM

Sep 2011
I thought I was the only one that noticed this. It bothers me since the very first episode. I dunno why, but I find his shoes horrible xD
Nov 15, 2015 9:27 AM
Oct 2015
bittersweetlove said:
After this episode I have a feeling that Lindo might be Ritsuka's cousin, and not brother...
Shiki has pretty wings, but that's all...
And Azuna is also an exorcist!
ultimateperson said:
But he IS her cousin! It was mentioned in the first episode. Although Lindo is Ritsuka's cousin, she affectionately keeps calling him brother. By the way, everything Shiki is pretty.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

79 by Kyarrific413 »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:02 AM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

43 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 12:02 PM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2015

64 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:59 AM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2015

80 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:57 AM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2015

120 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.