Forum Settings
Forums

You should feel bad if you're an anime only watcher and or don't support the industry. Why kill the people who make what you love?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 2, 2015 12:03 PM

Mar 2014
I am at school and using my phone, I'm going to make it short. I'm not trying insulting you. The reason why I say true to the other guy is because I agree with him. It doesn't got to do with insulting you. If you feel like I'm trying to degrade you then I'm sorry if I make you think that. We never really argue about the industry, but the only time we actually argue for real is the dub part. When you insult my favorite anime, I usually reply in a stupid way.
I don't
Which is why in the survey thread I reply with random response when I figure out it was you that was insulting ll and madoka.
You didn't figure out shit, I said it was me
The dub fans deal a lot of bs, give them a break.
I will give them a break when they give me a break with their mindless ad hominem insults and contradictions
Yes you did mentioned those two anime and me.
I mentioned you and those anime in two different paragraphs so no I wasn't talking to you when I mentioned Puta Madoka and LL
Also who is higashi?
Sosuner
But that's not the point. I don't really want to be in this drama. I'm sorry if you feel mad that I was "talking back" to you, but I prefer if we stop. I'll stop insulting you if you try to not insult my preference. I have a lot of thing to say to you, but I can't say much since I'm in my club and using a phone.
What drama?

And your comments aren't particularly offensive to me, it just annoys me when people complain about my opinions being offensive or that I'm a "troll" just because I don't like mincing words
NipahAllDay said:
Also comic_sans, it's kinda hard to navigate MAL on phone, so it was kinda hard to see who you were talking to. Also what's with you and insulting the anime i like? It's really immature to keep mentioning those anime because you know I like those anime.
Use the desktop version

They're the first anime that come to mind when I see your avatar

It's not my fault

Feel free to insult my favorite anime if it makes you feel better
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 2, 2015 12:07 PM

Dec 2014
Comic_Sans said:
I am at school and using my phone, I'm going to make it short. I'm not trying insulting you. The reason why I say true to the other guy is because I agree with him. It doesn't got to do with insulting you. If you feel like I'm trying to degrade you then I'm sorry if I make you think that. We never really argue about the industry, but the only time we actually argue for real is the dub part. When you insult my favorite anime, I usually reply in a stupid way.
I don't
Which is why in the survey thread I reply with random response when I figure out it was you that was insulting ll and madoka.
The dub fans deal a lot of bs, give them a break.
I will give them a break when they give me a break with their mindless ad hominem insults and contradictions
Yes you did mentioned those two anime and me.
I mentioned you and those anime in two different paragraphs so no I wasn't talking to you when I mentioned Puta Madoka and LL
Also who is higashi?
Sosuner
But that's not the point. I don't really want to be in this drama. I'm sorry if you feel mad that I was "talking back" to you, but I prefer if we stop. I'll stop insulting you if you try to not insult my preference. I have a lot of thing to say to you, but I can't say much since I'm in my club and using a phone.
What drama?

And your comments aren't particularly offensive to me, it just annoys me when people complain about my opinions being offensive or that I'm a "troll" just because I don't like mincing words
I actually kinda knew it was you who said that, but I didn't want to jump into conclusion. I'll reply to your other response when I get back home.
Nov 2, 2015 12:25 PM

Mar 2014
NipahAllDay said:
Comic_Sans said:
I don't
Sosuner
What drama?

I actually kinda knew it was you who said that, but I didn't want to jump into conclusion. I'll reply to your other response when I get back home.
K
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 2, 2015 12:48 PM

Aug 2015
Don't have a lot of money and I got fucked by my work recently, derp.
+ it's expensive and why do you want us to buy manga and the anime stuff? xD
{The anime stuff alone + cuddle), the hole dango family of Clannad cost 400 for me lol.
Anyway you help them by watching the episode on tv, but not everybody has a Japanese tv-channel + can understand Japanese 100% and to finish it they only air a few dubs in my country so >.>.

mayukachan said:
Why should I buy imported manga that I can't even fucking read?

And this and the people that are ranting are trolls?

Nov 2, 2015 12:54 PM

Feb 2015
I'll support the industry, when they respect the viewers. I'll gladly buy something like Lain or Tutu, since they're complete anime, though. White Album, Spice and Wolf, etc, can fuck off.
Nov 2, 2015 1:06 PM

Dec 2012
I buy anime and manga (novels, OSTs and the occasional figure too) for myself not to support the industry, it just so happens that's a bonus though.

Significantly more anime though, because video is far superior to print. I will probably only read the manga or novels if I finished the anime and it was available as an official translation or on a certain novel translation website/phone app.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Nov 2, 2015 2:16 PM

Aug 2015
WisestOne said:
About the industry, why do people say its bad? I have no knowledge of the industry so I am not sure of how it is doing currently or compared to 20 years ago. With the pricing, isn't t he pricing roughly the same as any show hear in america? Unlimited Blade Works the TV series is $20 for bluray for episode 0-12

Well, just going down the list of adult swim blu rays on amazon, the prices for the first three anime are Full Metal Alchemist the complete series at $35, Cowboy Bebop at $44 and FMA Brotherhood part 1 at $37. Compared to, Venture Bros season 5 at $24, futurama volume 7 at $11 and Metalocalypse season 4 at $20. The biggest problem is more that prices only go up over time like Fate Zero part 1 costing $100 for the dvd and $150 for the blu ray. The prices are normally par with premium tv shows(like the newest season of Game of Thrones costs $35) which have budgets in the 10s to over 100 million per season. I would love to know where UBW is only $20, because the cheapest I've seen it is at $150.

Anyways, because of the reason above and for several other reasons, I don't particularly care about supporting the industry outside of crunchyroll subscription and the occasional purchase. It clearly doesn't give a shit about me when the only localizers that genuinely care are Viz and Darkhorse.
Nov 2, 2015 3:41 PM

Mar 2014
If you don't support the industry in some way than you don't really get to complain about "anime dying" or whatever else.That said, I don't buy manga because I don't read it. I bought the GitS manga, but that was more to see how the franchise started than to support it, GitS is already hugely successful anyway. I buy DVDs occasionally if I really like a show. KLK is like $300 though -_-
Nov 2, 2015 3:47 PM

Apr 2013
Make me a fucking Iroha figure and I'll buy that shit out like it's fucking nothing.

FUCK THE INDUSTRY MAN, THEY ONLY MAKE SHIT FOR SHIT TIER WAIFUS
Nov 2, 2015 3:48 PM

Apr 2014
Because I'm a sadist and masochist.
Nov 2, 2015 4:56 PM

Dec 2014
Comic_Sans said:
NipahAllDay said:
K
Back from school.

I don't know how to respond with the first response....

Second response. Wait... I answer that. Alrighty then.

third response. Everybody is like that, especially the sub fanboys.

fourth response. I would never assume you were talking to me if you were to exclude my name.

fifth response. K

sixth response. I was a bit too quick when typing my comment. I didn't meant drama, but something as a small conflict between you and me.

Now for the other comment.

Comic_Sans said:
They're the first anime that come to mind when I see your avatar It's not my fault
Sure it's not your "fault." Basically you were trying to pick a fight. As they're not even close as "loli trash" Like wtf is that suppose to mean? Well whatever the meaning is, they're not even close to that. As there is actual anime that sexualize lolis. You're just trying to see a reaction from me, which I find rather childish.

Comic_Sans said:
I'm not like you and will not stick to your level. Maybe if I was in the mood. Beside, I actually like a few anime in your favorite list like penguindrum and Baccano. Also that I haven't seen some of them yet. (I heard of them tho) The only anime I didn't really think it was great was 5 centimeters per second.
Nov 2, 2015 4:59 PM

Mar 2015
Irrelative said:
Comic_Sans said:
The anime industry should feel bad for being a bad industry
Nov 2, 2015 5:14 PM
Apr 2010
Why should I feel bad for an industry that shits out jerkoff material for basement dwellers?
Nov 2, 2015 5:20 PM

Mar 2014
Back from school.

I don't know how to respond with the first response....

Second response. Wait... I answer that. Alrighty then.

third response. Everybody is like that, especially the sub fanboys.

fourth response. I would never assume you were talking to me if you were to exclude my name.

fifth response. K

sixth response. I was a bit too quick when typing my comment. I didn't meant drama, but something as a small conflict between you and me.

Now for the other comment.
Cool

Ok

The major difference is that some sub fans actually acknowledge when they are being needlessly harsh while dub fans always be like "oh no, we're such innocent angels, BWA KADABOOM MASSIVE AD HOMINEM ATTACKS ALTHOUGH THEY INSULTED THE AUDIO AND NOT US OH NO THEY REPLIED BACK BOHO WE SUCH VICTIMS WHY WE SO OPPRESSED :(:(:(:("

I mentioned the two anime series in a reply to Higashi and your name in a reply to kera and you. Different paragraphs, different people. Why do I have to repeat myself over and over again?

What conflict? It's just a shitty internet fight
Sure it's not your "fault." Basically you were trying to pick a fight. As they're not even close as "loli trash" Like wtf is that suppose to mean? Well whatever the meaning is, they're not even close to that. As there is actual anime that sexualize lolis. You're just trying to see a reaction from me, which I find rather childish.
I have never tried picking a fight with you, I've only stated my opinion in a few of your threads just like I state my opinion in everybody else's threads every day. Stop over analyzing things, I don't even dislike Love Live enough to try to use it as a weapon in some retarded internet fight because I know I have much solider arguments anyway
I'm not like you and will not stick to your level. Maybe if I was in the mood.
What level? All I did was use two anime as an example of what some might consider as "loli trash. When I saw your avatar, those were the two anime that came to mind and therefore they were the anime I mentioned in my post. It's not a hard concept to grasp

Do you understand? Est-ce que tu comprends?
Beside, I actually like a few anime in your favorite list like penguindrum and Baccano. Also that I haven't seen some of them yet. (I heard of them tho) The only anime I didn't really think it was great was 5 centimeters per second.
Good for you
Comic_SansNov 2, 2015 5:23 PM
Nico- said:
Nov 2, 2015 5:20 PM

Oct 2013
I like anime.

I don't like manga.

We are done here.
Nov 2, 2015 5:49 PM

Mar 2015
Carto738 said:
I bought a mousepad

I bought a laptop.

For torrenting anime.
Nov 2, 2015 5:52 PM

Apr 2011
Carto738 said:
I bought a mousepad

Was it a boob-pad?

Jul 2012
Carto738 said:
I bought a mousepad

Mar 2015
mayukachan said:
Carto738 said:
I bought a mousepad

MY EYES
Nov 2, 2015 7:02 PM

Mar 2013
Price are high because they know otaku will pay whatever price.
Nov 2, 2015 7:48 PM

Jun 2015
mayukachan said:
I can't even fucking read?

you know you walked into that one, dumbass.
Nov 2, 2015 7:53 PM
Aug 2012
Comic_Sans said:

Tokyo Ghoul is edgy garbo
Nov 2, 2015 7:56 PM

Jun 2015
well heres a scenario....
lets say I paid my local cable guy for animax who in turn paid animax as they have a broadcastin contract who in turn paid madhouse to broadcast hxh who in turn paid togashit so they could make his manga into an anime..... that lazy bastard got paid.....
and millions of ppl do so as well.... it trickles down to a lot....

in the same way, lets say I buy a manga..... i pay the bookstore who in turn paid the publishing house who in turn paid the author.... its the same way, they only get a cut

the only time yer argument makes sense if is we're talkin about doujins and smalltime freelancers and self publishers.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------
who's work almost never gets turned into anime

its like sayin paying and watching harry potter or any book based film doesnt make those bastards richer.....

-fail-
Nov 2, 2015 9:35 PM

Apr 2011
zetsubousei_hero said:
Price are high because they know otaku will pay whatever price.

Prices are high because Otaku are the only people who will buy it.
Nov 2, 2015 9:38 PM

Jun 2007
Helenus said:
So I should feel bad because I watch anime that is offered FOR FREE on Japanese television?
If by "for free" you mean "after paying cable/satellite/NHK fees." And somehow, I think people making the "it's free on Japanese TV, so it should be free for me" would complain about commercials if they were present, not to mention other things like station logos, station messages/warnings, censorship, animation errors, etc. And in fact, many fansub group downvotes on MAL do include those complaints. Plus, the "free on TV" argument doesn't account for pirated viewing of movies, OVAs, and DVD/BD versions of TV series, none of which are "offered FOR FREE on Japanese television."

Exowave said:
Even if i had money to support both anime and manga which i dont, in the end that money would not end in the hands of people who made actual stuff i am 99% sure of it, unless you import directly or someting(importing to serbia online would cost enormous fucking price) you dont support owners but someones else pockets.
Without the publishing industry behind them, any brilliant and talented mangaka with masterpiece-level original ideas would just be another doujin author trying to sell his rush-printed books for 200 yen at Comiket, competing against the mass of ero-doujins based on existing popular properties. Putting more money into the publishing system means there's more money available to find and develop new talent, even if executives, managers, and the like do get a cut.

Same applies to the anime industry: the more money that's in the system, the less likely it'll be to see studios going bankrupt, and the quality and quantity can increase as companies are able to take more risks without the fear of one ambitious-but-underperforming title breaking the bank. It's not merely a question of guilt or morality/legality; for those who actually are fans of anime (as opposed to hatewatchers that get their kicks shitposting on MAL), it's in our interest as fans to see the anime industry survive and prosper.

Joss-de-Jarlayes said:
this industry produces loli trash and harem garbage most of the time and don't forget the constant otaku pandering.... why the hell would I support this industry...
Yes, if you don't like otaku-pandering products, make sure to show it by never buying anything that's not otaku-pandering. I'm sure the industry will get the message loud and clear: "Don't make anything that's not otaku-pandering, because the people who like it won't buy it." That'll show 'em! And the "but I might finance a loli show!!" crowd has it backwards; across the entertainment industry it's the safe mass-appeal "cash-cow" types of titles that subsidize risky/experimental projects, not the other way around.

Grey-Zone said:
There is a reason why the anime industry, in most cases, does not give a single shit about any sales outside Japan...
And I'm sure it's just a coincidence that there were more serious/non-pandering titles back in the early/mid-00s when the North American industry was doing better and able to pay higher license fees. Certainly not a coincidence that some well-respected shows like Kino's Journey and Ergo Proxy were actively co-financed by these North American companies whose sales Japanese companies don't care about.

Feniksrises said:
1 most of the stuff I watch is old: good luck finding a 10 year+ old show for a reasonable price!
I realize exchange rates and customs/shipping fees may play a factor, but plenty of older stuff is in print without terribly high initial prices:

(A selection follows within)
ZalisNov 2, 2015 9:54 PM

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Nov 2, 2015 10:14 PM

Jul 2012
KuroudoAkabane said:
you know you walked into that one, dumbass.
What?
Nov 2, 2015 10:25 PM

Mar 2014
Mooncake said:
Comic_Sans said:

noOOOOOOOO MY FAVORITE ANIME ;(((((
Nico- said:
Nov 2, 2015 10:30 PM

Apr 2013
Comic_Sans said:
Mooncake said:

ur just a tsundere to kaneki.

we all know dat deep inside he is ur #1 husbando
Nov 2, 2015 10:38 PM

Mar 2014
Zalis said:
It's not merely a question of guilt or morality/legality; for those who actually are fans of anime (as opposed to hatewatchers that get their kicks shitposting on MAL), it's in our interest as fans to see the anime industry survive and prosper.
So because I don't want to support an industry whose animators earn less than your average university student that makes me a shitposting raging hater?

I'm sorry I don't want to support slave labour bruh
hoopla123 said:
Comic_Sans said:

ur just a tsundere to kaneki.

we all know dat deep inside he is ur #1 husbando
:(
Nico- said:
Nov 2, 2015 10:53 PM

May 2009
mochabearkawaii said:
waterfallsxo said:
But what if you buy the DVD or Blu Ray to the anime that you watched? Aren't you supporting the industry?
yes but that's not supporting the mangaka

Not true. The mangaka does benefit from anime sales. S/he gets a fixed percentage from the sales, together with the main director and writer.

OT: we can import all we want, but the Japanese don't really care about it. It's mere pocket-change for them. Besides, if I can't understand the language, why should I even buy it?

I buy licensed shows and manga if I can and it's not too expensive (I'm not exactly swimming in money, ya know).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2015 11:15 PM

Sep 2015
the japanese industry doesn't care if we support them or not. also im pretty sure that manga licenceses are sold for a fix price to western publishers

so if you really want to support the industry - order from japan directly

Nov 3, 2015 6:15 PM

Dec 2014

"The major difference is that some sub fans actually acknowledge when they are being needlessly harsh while dub fans always be like "oh no, we're such innocent angels, BWA KADABOOM MASSIVE AD HOMINEM ATTACKS ALTHOUGH THEY INSULTED THE AUDIO AND NOT US OH NO THEY REPLIED BACK BOHO WE SUCH VICTIMS WHY WE SO OPPRESSED :(:(:(:(" That's a nice lie you got there. Both side does have downsides, but the difference is that sub fans is the one that's harassing the dub just because they don't like it. You defending the sub fanboys is kinda bias. "Oh some acknowledge that they're being harsh, so it's ok." When a dub person defend their opinion, you act like they are from tumbler. Yes sub fans have insulted dub fans for liking dubs before. How many dub fans you see bashes on the Japanese voice actors? Probably a 1/20 because I have seen comments like that, but you'll rarely see that. Dub fans just want to see a dub clip without seeing "Japanese>Dub" "English ruins everything" and so on. Dub fans is more like "why attack something you know you don't like?"

"I mentioned the two anime series in a reply to Higashi and your name in a reply to kera and you. Different paragraphs, different people. Why do I have to repeat myself over and over again?" I understand that you meant Higashi, but the fact that you mention them because you saw my picture made me wonder if you were secretly baiting me?

"I have never tried picking a fight with you, I've only stated my opinion in a few of your threads just like I state my opinion in everybody else's threads every day. Stop over analyzing things, I don't even dislike Love Live enough to try to use it as a weapon in some retarded internet fight because I know I have much solider arguments anyway" Fine, but you could of worded it better.

"All I did was use two anime as an example of what some might consider as "loli trash. When I saw your avatar, those were the two anime that came to mind and therefore they were the anime I mentioned in my post. It's not a hard concept to grasp"
I understand completely, but it's pretty difficult to accept that you were mentioning those two anime as an example just for the heck of it. I want to believe you, but I also have my doubts. If you couldn't think of an anime that is considered "loli trash" then it's better if you leave those two out. I just don't like that you mention them because my avatar made you think of them. I don't really understand how people would think Love Live is a loli anime. None of them are little kids nor look older than they're suppose to be. Same for Madoka Magica. You can hate PMMM all you want, but I highly doubt most people think Madoka Magica is loli trash when they think of a loli show. Actually most people I talk too that hates moe and magical girl anime like PMMM.

Look I'll get off your back. I'll try to not jump the gun and attack you. I don't really know what to say next, but I guess I shouldn't take your opinion to heart.
NipahAllDayNov 3, 2015 6:25 PM
Nov 3, 2015 6:21 PM

Apr 2011
lol @ discussing dubs/subs. It's pointless.
Nov 3, 2015 6:21 PM

Dec 2014
Niddy said:
Lol @ discussing dubs/subs. It's pointless.
Yea, but that's not the point of my argument with Comic_Sans.
Nov 3, 2015 10:23 PM

Mar 2012
I find it ironic that the people who complain the loudest about the direction that the industry is going are the ones who torrent everything. I mean you don't have to go out and import some $80 Blu-ray but you could at least do something.

You don't have to buy every single anime you watch. In fact, if you're watching a show you're almost certainly going to hate it'd be counterproductive to support the people who made that piece of shit. But just do something. Anything. It's better than sitting on your ass and letting the awful taste of other people dictate the direction that the industry goes.

mayukachan said:
Carto738 said:
I bought a mousepad

Damn, Reiner sure has a nice ass.

I-I mean... HOMOSEXUALITY IS SIN. BOYS CAN'T LOVE BOYS. GIRLS CAN'T LOVE GIRLS.
Nov 3, 2015 10:30 PM

Jul 2012
NipahAllDay said:
Niddy said:
Lol @ discussing dubs/subs. It's pointless.
I just read through the entire argument and what...? What are you arguing about even?
Nov 3, 2015 10:33 PM

Nov 2009
Japan doesn't bother marketing outside of Japan for the most part, and doesn't even see the foreign market as a "demographic". Why should I pay for something they are too lazy to even market for?

On a side note I have bought quite a few manga in the past, not so much (at all) anymore.
Nov 3, 2015 10:36 PM
Apr 2015
who said we love anime
Nov 4, 2015 12:53 AM

Mar 2014
THESE FUCKING NECROS
That's a nice lie you got there. Both side does have downsides
I just basically wrote that EVEN SUB FANS CAN BE NEEDLESSLY STUPID. All I said was that the dub fans choose to deal with the criticism in a different way

Reading is not an impossible task
but the difference is that sub fans is the one that's harassing the dub just because they don't like it. You defending the sub fanboys is kinda bias. "Oh some acknowledge that they're being harsh, so it's ok." When a dub person defend their opinion, you act like they are from tumbler. Yes sub fans have insulted dub fans for liking dubs before. How many dub fans you see bashes on the Japanese voice actors? Probably a 1/20 because I have seen comments like that, but you'll rarely see that. Dub fans just want to see a dub clip without seeing "Japanese>Dub" "English ruins everything" and so on.
See? That's the thing. Sub fans choose to insult THE AUDIO.

Not you.

Not yo momma.

Not your waifu.

THE AUDIO.

Of course, there are exceptions and there ARE sub fans who resort to ad hominem as well. But most of the time, it's the dub fans who resort to ad hominem insults like "omg weeaboo xD", even when the "weeaboo" in question didn't insult dub fans of even gave a well written explanation of why they don't like this or that dub. Is it really that hard to come up with a list of bad Japanese dubs and voice actors and actually trying to counter their criticism by using that list and proving that "LOOK! THERE ARE BAD JAPANESE DUBS AS WELL!" or just explaining to them why you disagree with them? I can understand if you might want to call that person a weeaboo if they start insulting you of being a redneck or saying stuff like "JAPAN IS SUCH SUPERIOR IN EVERY WAY! MUCH FUCK AMERICA OR ///insert country here///", but unless they do there is no reason not trying to be civilized.
Dub fans is more like "why attack something you know you don't like?"
That doesn't make sense
I understand that you meant Higashi, but the fact that you mention them because you saw my picture made me wonder if you were secretly baiting me?
Why would I?
Fine, but you could of worded it better.
I worded it just fine
I understand completely, but it's pretty difficult to accept that you were mentioning those two anime as an example just for the heck of it. I want to believe you, but I also have my doubts. If you couldn't think of an anime that is considered "loli trash" then it's better if you leave those two out. I just don't like that you mention them because my avatar made you think of them. I don't really understand how people would think Love Live is a loli anime. None of them are little kids nor look older than they're suppose to be. Same for Madoka Magica. You can hate PMMM all you want, but I highly doubt most people think Madoka Magica is loli trash when they think of a loli show. Actually most people I talk too that hates moe and magical girl anime like PMMM.
Just stop believing I am conspiring against you when I am not and everybody will be happy
Look I'll get off your back. I'll try to not jump the gun and attack you. I don't really know what to say next, but I guess I shouldn't take your opinion to heart.
You should but tnx
mayukachan said:
NipahAllDay said:
I just read through the entire argument and what...? What are you arguing about even?
We don't know why we're arguing either
Comic_SansNov 4, 2015 12:59 AM
Nico- said:
Nov 5, 2015 2:40 AM

Mar 2012
Comic_Sans said:
See? That's the thing. Sub fans choose to insult THE AUDIO.

Not you.

Not yo momma.

Not your waifu.

THE AUDIO.
You're right. Bryce Papenbrook isn't a person. He's just a series of FLAC files.
Nov 5, 2015 4:07 AM

Mar 2014
SeibaaHomu said:
You're right. Bryce Papenbrook isn't a person. He's just a series of FLAC files.
His voice acting isn't a person
Nico- said:
Nov 5, 2015 4:09 AM

May 2015
This thread was cancer from start to finish.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Nov 5, 2015 4:10 AM
Jul 2018
Nov 5, 2015 4:12 AM

Feb 2014
Thats some weird ass statement you made.

When you dislike a movie, you don´t look on the web for other movies the producer made, do you?
It´s the same thing and besides, if you don´t like, you don´t watch it. Easy as that.
Want something like this? Contact me!

Programmer - Designer - Photographer - Gamer
Nov 5, 2015 4:56 AM

Nov 2013
Ah you're one of those.. 100% sure you don't support it either.
Nov 5, 2015 4:57 AM

Jan 2008
Well, no, I don't feel bad that I'm an anime viewer only and don't buy anything.
I have one of the largest downloaded anime collection in existence, I'm proud.
Nov 9, 2015 7:21 PM

Jun 2007
(Was busy all weekend, hence the slight necro)

Comic_Sans said:
I'm sorry I don't want to support slave labour bruh
Well, nothing says "I oppose slave labor" quite like insisting on consuming the results of other people's labor for free. Things aren't going to improve for animators if the industry contracts and more studios go bankrupt, since more workers competing for fewer jobs = more downward pressure on wages. Admittedly, working conditions have never been ideal, even in the booming 80s. But if the industry's healthier, more studios can flourish, budgets will be higher, and companies would have to maintain or increase pay levels to retain talent and compete over workers in Japan's low-birthrate climate.

DmonHiro said:
Well, no, I don't feel bad that I'm an anime viewer only and don't buy anything. I have one of the largest downloaded anime collection in existence, I'm proud.
Didn't you once say you imported Madoka? Don't worry, it won't damage your pirate cred ;)

And is that largest collection by file count, or largest by size?
ZalisNov 9, 2015 7:25 PM

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Nov 9, 2015 8:51 PM

Mar 2012
I think the Anime industry could benefit from smarter business decisions and it could definitely use more non-xenophobic management. There is massive money to be made outside of Japan and the Japanese animation studios should catch up with the times.

That being said, there are way too many entitled people here who have given 0 to industry.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Hidden Gems of Spring 2024

ForgotEyeWasHere - Yesterday

20 by pk8list »»
1 minute ago

» Anime sequels that fell off

ST63LTH - Yesterday

47 by Jackson1333 »»
2 minutes ago

» Happy Mother's Day, Who Are Anime's Best Moms ?

tchitchouan - Today

18 by MoonFoxy »»
10 minutes ago

» Every anime viewer has gone through this phase:

9765 - 7 hours ago

24 by creepylurker »»
18 minutes ago

» Have you ever felt so satisfied after finishing certain anime that you don't even want its sequel?

Rinrinka - Apr 12

49 by perseii »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.