Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 28, 2015 7:43 PM

Sep 2014
Build-up episode. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit! Typically it ended just when things were going to get the most interesting, but I do not mind that.

I liked Hector, the supernatural not so much. Nonetheless, I do look forward to seeing what Sakurako-san has figured out!

OP is goood :3
Oct 28, 2015 7:52 PM

Mar 2015
Hmm... a build up episode for the next episode. Nothing much really happened.

Although there are several things that intrigued me.

-Like the car at the middle of the forest, possibly a dead people inside.
-Then I somehow think that stranger asked the guy to kill his family.. hence why he was staring on the ax for so long.
-Also the painting is probably poisonous or something, which is why he is sick as no one in the house knows about the whereabouts of the painting.

Oct 28, 2015 8:08 PM

Jul 2012
I enjoyed this episode, different this episode with them no solving the mystery in one episode plus the fact that so far it has nothing to do with bones which has been the main thing for Sakurako so this is definitely a good change of pace and so far this episode really has got me thinking what could possibly the reason for this guy thinking he is gonna die. So many possibilities really makes you feel like you are part of the show trying to figure out the mystery with them.

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y40q1ceZOnY&feature=youtu.be
Oct 28, 2015 8:17 PM

Jun 2014
Im really enjoying the minor details and effort they are putting to scenes. The close up of the front end of the car driving in the rain, the axe and wet cigarettes, the painting, the juicer, interior design,

No clue what the hell happened at the end, but Im really excited for Sakurako's explanation next episode.
Oct 28, 2015 8:57 PM

Jan 2013
Alright episode, not really interested in these side characters and this was barely about bones
Oct 28, 2015 9:12 PM

Aug 2013
These mystery anime makes me very curious, this mainly that was divided into two parts made me very curious about the mystery behind the deaths and the strange behavior of man, this anime is increasingly making me excited ..
Oct 28, 2015 9:28 PM

Dec 2014
Husband reacted when wife said "something something 'our child' "
During what drink would Sakurako like scene...

Maybe just me.
Also that guy that husband talked to... Cult leader???
Oct 28, 2015 10:21 PM

Jun 2014
nice build up can't wait for next week , finally not the Episodic formula , i can finally wait for next week with a bit of Excitment
Oct 28, 2015 10:36 PM
Nov 2013
First mystery that isn't episodic, and I'm quite impressed. This just took an interesting turn, and there was some strong foreshadowing that someone is gonna die.

Oct 28, 2015 10:47 PM

Aug 2013
OK!!

Well, Fujioka isn't dead yet, so this is more like an episode of House.

Theories so far:

1. Heavy metal poisoning. More specifically, arsenic poisoning. Why?
- The fingernails. He had white bands on his nails. One thing that can cause them are Mee's lines, which appear with arsenic poisoning. Arsenic also affects the liver, which would match his liver stress.
- They can also prove this by showing the painting next episode. Old paintings that contained arsenic have yellow/orange/red color from aging.
* this is the most promising theory

2. Lung/respiratory poisoning. Why?
- The cough. They mentioned that he could have a genetic respiratory illness. They also mentioned using the fireplace on occasion. He could be burning wood that either produces toxic smoke or contains fungal spores that are toxic.
* has a good chance of being true

3. Liver problems. Why?
The nails. There's a chance that the nails could be Muehrcke's lines rather than Mee's lines. These don't show up from poisoning. Instead they show up due to deficiencies with the liver. Though this theory doesn't really tie in any other elements that were presented.
* low chance of being true.

Other things we were shown:
1. The dog.
- Ok people, the dog is not weird. A lot of dogs have a tendency to detect sickness in their owners. The whole "smelling death" thing is actually pretty accurate.
- The dog was originally in a fire. This could help bolster the first two theories. If Fujioka is poisoned with arsenic, and there was arsenic in the air during the fire, then Hector can probably detect it. The same goes for if there are toxic spores from the fireplace.

2. Mysterious person.
- This guy is definitely up to something, and it isn't good. You don't not show a guy's face and he turns out to be a god guy. That's not how it works.
- He told Fujioka to do something who responded with "I'll follow your instructions to the letter". Maybe he told him to rub an arsenic painting on his balls, or to burn 3 pieces of wood to feel better. Either way, he's trying to get Fujioka killed. Perhaps the paintings he has are valuable and this guy is a family friend who has been trying to get his hands on them.

My only problem with the arsenic theory is...he should have more symptoms. I don't know of any other metal poisonings that cause white bands on the finger nails, so I have to go off the assumption it's arsenic.

If it is arsenic, he should be a lot sicker; especially if he is getting strong enough doses to kill him. A slight cough and white nails aren't going to make him drop dead instantly so young. People with high fatal levels of arsenic poisoning are like deathly ill, with symptoms that would put them in the hospital before they died.

Weellllpppp, guess we'll find out next week.

Burger-Meister said:
Though, is it just me, or am I really getting Rail Wars flashbacks with this show?

I think it's just you. What the fuck do you even mean by that? lol, those two shows are nothing alike.
Oct 28, 2015 11:22 PM

Mar 2009
Jerkhov said:
Dat Sakurako hip shot

WOTS (waifu of the season)

Mirorin said:

Seemed like tasteful, reasonable fan-service. I don't think I've seen a hipbone as fanservice before. Soutarou still blushed. xD

Now we know why this show is called beautiful bones. :P

Good episode. The mystery is actually really interesting this time around. I'm glad it's a two-parter. Like everyone else said, it obviously has something to do with the "cursed" painting, and possible poisoning.

Unless we're all wrong and the cute dog is actually Cujo.
Oct 29, 2015 12:14 AM
Jun 2015
I found it super annoying that Fujioka just accepted his death because of a "curse". Purely from a psychological standing if someone did what he did and embraced death you're extremely likely to see physical repercussions like weight loss and just a decrease in health overall. It's similar to how some people with severe depression look sickly. Add that in with his already poor health (asthma), smoking, and lighting fires in the house (smoke) and it's no suprise he's feeling the way he does. Honestly he seems kinda wanting for death what with buying/keeping cursed things.
Oct 29, 2015 12:24 AM

Nov 2014
okseriouslywtf said:
I found it super annoying that Fujioka just accepted his death because of a "curse". Purely from a psychological standing if someone did what he did and embraced death you're extremely likely to see physical repercussions like weight loss and just a decrease in health overall. It's similar to how some people with severe depression look sickly. Add that in with his already poor health (asthma), smoking, and lighting fires in the house (smoke) and it's no suprise he's feeling the way he does. Honestly he seems kinda wanting for death what with buying/keeping cursed things.

the dude "fujioka" or whatever is name is just is killing himself , the dude obviously has asma , when you have asma you cant have fresh painting and a dog with that fur , alongside that , the dude smokes on rain , burns wood , and do alot of things that an asma person should'nt do , so yeah he is dumb and deservs to die , but i am betting that sakurako is gonna save him
Jonesy974 said:
OK!!

Well, Fujioka isn't dead yet, so this is more like an episode of House.

Theories so far:

1. Heavy metal poisoning. More specifically, arsenic poisoning. Why?
- The fingernails. He had white bands on his nails. One thing that can cause them are Mee's lines, which appear with arsenic poisoning. Arsenic also affects the liver, which would match his liver stress.
- They can also prove this by showing the painting next episode. Old paintings that contained arsenic have yellow/orange/red color from aging.
* this is the most promising theory

2. Lung/respiratory poisoning. Why?
- The cough. They mentioned that he could have a genetic respiratory illness. They also mentioned using the fireplace on occasion. He could be burning wood that either produces toxic smoke or contains fungal spores that are toxic.
* has a good chance of being true

3. Liver problems. Why?
The nails. There's a chance that the nails could be Muehrcke's lines rather than Mee's lines. These don't show up from poisoning. Instead they show up due to deficiencies with the liver. Though this theory doesn't really tie in any other elements that were presented.
* low chance of being true.

Other things we were shown:
1. The dog.
- Ok people, the dog is not weird. A lot of dogs have a tendency to detect sickness in their owners. The whole "smelling death" thing is actually pretty accurate.
- The dog was originally in a fire. This could help bolster the first two theories. If Fujioka is poisoned with arsenic, and there was arsenic in the air during the fire, then Hector can probably detect it. The same goes for if there are toxic spores from the fireplace.

2. Mysterious person.
- This guy is definitely up to something, and it isn't good. You don't not show a guy's face and he turns out to be a god guy. That's not how it works.
- He told Fujioka to do something who responded with "I'll follow your instructions to the letter". Maybe he told him to rub an arsenic painting on his balls, or to burn 3 pieces of wood to feel better. Either way, he's trying to get Fujioka killed. Perhaps the paintings he has are valuable and this guy is a family friend who has been trying to get his hands on them.

My only problem with the arsenic theory is...he should have more symptoms. I don't know of any other metal poisonings that cause white bands on the finger nails, so I have to go off the assumption it's arsenic.

If it is arsenic, he should be a lot sicker; especially if he is getting strong enough doses to kill him. A slight cough and white nails aren't going to make him drop dead instantly so young. People with high fatal levels of arsenic poisoning are like deathly ill, with symptoms that would put them in the hospital before they died.

Weellllpppp, guess we'll find out next week.

Burger-Meister said:
Though, is it just me, or am I really getting Rail Wars flashbacks with this show?

I think it's just you. What the fuck do you even mean by that? lol, those two shows are nothing alike.

your theories are the most correct ones tbh , and why the fuck do you bring that piece of shit called RailWreck Wars to this anime discussion ?
Stop the meaningless talk
Oct 29, 2015 12:36 AM
Mar 2015
Okay apart from the episodic content, what about shoutarao x sakurako?
I believe sakurako is engaged?So why is the show teasing us with shoutaroxsakurako?
Oct 29, 2015 1:01 AM

Feb 2015
I wonder who that guy under the umbrella is. And they finished the episode in a cliffhanger, I like that.
Oct 29, 2015 1:12 AM
May 2015
Jerkhov said:
Dat Sakurako hip shot

WOTS (waifu of the season)

Ya know it would better if we can see some fanservice of hers.
Oct 29, 2015 1:40 AM

Jan 2014
Jonesy974 said:
2. Mysterious person.

It can work like that if it's a red herring, which I think it is.

Regarding arsenic poisoning: like I said, it can build up over time. That way it can kill someone over time by small doses, and that person wouldn't really show any real signs of illness untill the final stages. This actually matches the deaths of the previously deceased family members.

Thirdly, there is another theory, which is fungi. I personally don't like this one, because it has been explored in many crime/detective/mystery series, but it is still a probability. There are specific fungi, that only grow on dead bodies. These fungi can then be transmitted to people, animals or objects, are harmfull for the still living, and can possibly be detected by animals with a better developped sense of smell. There are several hints in the anime that point at this:

Hector
    The painting with the butterfly, though symbolic and not directly
    The passing of several men in the family in consecutive order, after they have passed on an heirloom (the painting of the forest)
    The notion that Fujioka's uncle was solitary, and his body was not found untill several days/weeks, leaving enough time for the fungi to develop and grow. This might also hold true for the one's that preceded him.

It would also very much suit Sakurako's style. However, there are also some contradicting arguments. For example, if Hector likes Sakuraku because she has the same smell, she is also potentially in danger, which makes no sense if she herself is aware of the dangers of such fungi. Also, there is no reason why this affliction would only affect the men in the family.

DatRandomDude said:

For a moment i imagined people getting poisoned because of heavy metal music.

Hahaha,.. now that would be some mystery!
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Oct 29, 2015 1:54 AM

Apr 2013
The painting is the culprit !
Oct 29, 2015 6:03 AM

Sep 2013
Always-Hungry said:
The painting is the culprit !

That baby is the source of the curse
Oct 29, 2015 6:14 AM

Jan 2008
Lead poisoning!

Oct 29, 2015 6:24 AM

Feb 2014
A very good build-up episode.

Hector's so cute! =3 His welcome with Sakurako was funny, also giving us a peek at her bare hip and midriff too. =D

It's sad that Fujioka has accepted his "fate" that he'll die young without at least trying to find the source of the curse. Then there was the mysterious guy that Fujoika spoke to while driving, saying that he'll follow the guy's advice. I hope it doesn't lead to him dying. D=

Either way, the painting that was supposed to be stored away should give us the truth for next week's episode.
Oct 29, 2015 6:26 AM

Jun 2015
Oct 29, 2015 8:54 AM

Nov 2014
So next episode is guna be crazy
Hi there
Oct 29, 2015 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was awesome, I'm looking forward to see how this curse will be solved. So far though I think it could either be a genetic disease or it's the hooded guy. I'm almost certain it's that guy tbh but I definitely want to know how.
Oct 29, 2015 9:46 AM

Oct 2015
I think the one , he said “ i met with a colleague” is the reason why all of his family members die young just guessing :)
Oct 29, 2015 9:58 AM

May 2013
Very vague and interesting episode
Oct 29, 2015 10:15 AM

Jun 2015
Is it just me or Sakurako bears a resemblance to Yukinoshita Yukino? I find their characteristics very similar.
Oct 29, 2015 11:42 AM

May 2010
Nice episode, better than the 3rd episode
Oct 29, 2015 11:45 AM

Jun 2013
damn man all that symbolism about death he will die for sure
Oct 29, 2015 12:27 PM

Apr 2014
That dog is beautiful.
Now we are on the case of a curse man...hm.
The person that talk with Curse-san...might have something to do with it eh?
Sakurako...still emotionless as always and that's her charm.
Oct 29, 2015 6:13 PM
Jun 2012
Seem to me this is the first real mystery episode of the season? The clues have been presented, and the main character have solved the riddle? But it's not really a proper mystery since the clues are so vague and can fit to many things.

My speculation is that this Fujioka has not been lucky; he's actually up to his ears in debt, perhaps to the wrong people. (Represented by 'stranger in car'.) his plan to solve this is insurance fraud. What he meant when he said he had organised to take care of his family was that he had taken out a massive life insurance. Of course, the company would be suspicious if someone does that and then dies. All the curse stuff he has gathered is there to provide and explanation for why he did it. He is also an asthmatic that spends a lot of time in cold damp air, has a hairy dog, and smokes. Seems reasonable.

Hector will of course end up with Sakuraku. The police have dogs that are train on the smell of corpses, that would be useful for her. And she could need the companionship, even if she would never admit it. So it probably ends with them selling the house and moving away, so someone has to take the dog.
Oct 29, 2015 6:32 PM

Dec 2014
Different from the norm.
Oct 29, 2015 7:06 PM

Jul 2015
I thought it would be a slow, build-up episode, I was lying on my bed as I was watching. Then the Sakurako's enter god-mode background music played and I was up on my chair again. Classic cliff hanger, I'm keen for next ep!!
Oct 29, 2015 7:43 PM

Dec 2013
ShadowTheRaven said:

Somehow I laughed out loud for this :P

And seriously, this is bullshit. I get the feeling that the dude actually WANTS to die, and because of that I think it has something to do with the "Cursed" Painting they were talking about. He was probably trying to leave some sort of morbid legacy about the painting and have his family sell it off after he dies so that his wife and daughter will live the good life. I can't seem to see it any other way.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 29, 2015 8:01 PM

Apr 2012
L-Ryoshi said:
ShadowTheRaven said:
[IM G]http://i65.tinypic.com/2encnxw.jpg[/IM G]

And seriously, this is bullshit. I get the feeling that the dude actually WANTS to die, and because of that I think it has something to do with the "Cursed" Painting they were talking about. He was probably trying to leave some sort of morbid legacy about the painting and have his family sell it off after he dies so that his wife and daughter will live the good life. I can't seem to see it any other way.

What why would they have to do that just to live a "good life". They already have a huge house, and there's no indication that they are having financial troubles. On the contrary, they seem pretty well off.

Oct 29, 2015 8:14 PM

Dec 2013
Zeally said:
L-Ryoshi said:

What why would they have to do that just to live a "good life". They already have a huge house, and there's no indication that they are having financial troubles. On the contrary, they seem pretty well off.

Ah, but you see none of those points you mentioned have actually been stated. The house they live in is morbidly depressing (the wife did a good job on it) and it was mentioned that they got it for relatively cheap on the advice of I'm assuming that dude that the Husband met on the side of a road.

Think about it. If they were really that well off, why would they live in a dark house in the middle of a forest and not in some wealthier district?

The husband was definitely hiding something since he hid the fact that the "Cursed Painting" was nearby and not actually in storage. Why else would he take it out if not to make a huge scene of it? I say the guy he met on the side of the road was in on it too.

I still stick with my "lets make a morbid curse legacy and leave a fortune to my wife and kids" hypothesis.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 29, 2015 8:57 PM

Dec 2012
Best episode so far. The case is very intriguing. Can't wait for the conclusion next episode.
Oct 29, 2015 11:31 PM

Nov 2012
the best episode so far, really great buildup and an interesting mystery. can't wait for next week's episode for the case to be solved!
Oct 29, 2015 11:37 PM

Jun 2013
Thank the gods for no weird gloves on scene this episode.
Oct 29, 2015 11:45 PM

Feb 2013
Ah Sakurako, the hottest/best girl of the season.
Oct 30, 2015 12:47 AM
Oct 2015
Shoutarou is being contrasted with the police officer to show how much more mature and a better authority figure that Sakurako actually gets along with and respects(Or the only authority figure she respects).
Also we get to see more of Sakurako's child like mentality, her liking sweet things and her jealously when Shoutarou is getting chummy with other women.
Shoutarou is starting to think about his future... this whole mystery is a reflection of his own fears of dying young. This will set him up to thinking about who he wants to spend his life with.
One thing I've noticed, Shoutarou isn't afraid about being warm, loving and caring while Sakurako isn't afraid of being direct, blunt and mean.
I've also noticed that Sakurako doesn't interact with many people her own age, it's either way older, way younger, or dead. Perhaps she feels that they aren't a threat and can't betray/hurt her?
Oct 30, 2015 3:17 AM

Dec 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
Zeally said:

Ah, but you see none of those points you mentioned have actually been stated. The house they live in is morbidly depressing (the wife did a good job on it) and it was mentioned that they got it for relatively cheap on the advice of I'm assuming that dude that the Husband met on the side of a road.

Think about it. If they were really that well off, why would they live in a dark house in the middle of a forest and not in some wealthier district?

The husband was definitely hiding something since he hid the fact that the "Cursed Painting" was nearby and not actually in storage. Why else would he take it out if not to make a huge scene of it? I say the guy he met on the side of the road was in on it too.

I still stick with my "lets make a morbid curse legacy and leave a fortune to my wife and kids" hypothesis.

Maybe the guy is mentally unstable now..

And the person he talked to is just a delusion..
Oct 30, 2015 3:33 AM

Oct 2014
Another interesting episode, the first to be split into multiple parts. By now, I think it's sure, butterflies are important in the series.
4/5
Oct 30, 2015 4:02 AM
Dec 2014
I bet Sakurako keeps the dog.
Oct 30, 2015 6:40 AM

Aug 2014
Impact of this episode is placed precisely in the final seconds. Only this time there is one story that is not completed in one episode. I wonder what would happen next?
Oct 30, 2015 6:43 AM

May 2010
Great buildup. Hyped for next episode.
Oct 30, 2015 11:00 AM
Sep 2014
well i'm bored with this now. whatever you people are thinking there's nothing really here to be intrigued about. the show provides no clues for the viewers to think about, there's just Sakurako's thinking only. and that too her way of thinking is not shown anywhere, so we just have to take whatever she tells us. there's no-one intelligent enough to make her work hard to find an answer.
You guys, if you enjoy a mystery, you must watch SUBETE GA F NI NARU: THE PERFECT INSIDER
Oct 30, 2015 1:43 PM

Jun 2007
Has asthma. Smokes. Takes in a pet. Keeps an old painting (which will probably contain some chemical known to trigger asthma exacerbations). Smart man.
Oct 30, 2015 3:32 PM

May 2012
awkward fanservice, flat characters, no development, silly mystery of the week.... this is so bad lol
Oct 30, 2015 4:31 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm, feel like I don't really like where this anime is going. My guess is that somebody is killing off his family for the inheritance or something, since they seem to be pretty well off. Plus it seems like he's in on this "cursed" business with hanging the painting, probably something to do with that other "acquaintance" of his. I'm impressed him and Utsumi recognized each other after not having seen each other since middle school ... that's like 20 years O_O That painting in the living room is interesting too ... well, we'll see how it wraps up next week, unless it's going to take even longer than that :O
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

211 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

117 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

96 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

109 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2015

80 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.