Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Oct 6, 2015 11:15 AM

Aug 2014
People actually judging each other's likes lmao. This episode was decent though, hope it ends up being a good series.
Oct 6, 2015 11:52 AM

Sep 2011
wakka9ca said:
shadowfox254 said:
Wouldn't be surprised if most people here in this thread haven't seen either one of them.

UC series are harder for first-timers. On the other hand, Gundam the ORIGIN was mindblowingly amazing.
UC definetly isnt for everyone, i do think the movie compilation for 079 makes it alot more tolerable for newcomers though. I still need to read origin but i feel like the UC as a whole was in desperate need of a remake and to be done by someone that isnt tomino, ZZ of all things is something that i think deserves a remake the most cause the basic plot out on paper is fantastic as well as the entire 2nd act of the show, if someone got a more competent writer in there to keep the tone from being a bipolar mess and cleaned up the egregious amount of plotholes and loose ends I think it could be a really great series in the end, hell maybe we can kill 2 birds with one stone and actually give CCA the set up it so desperately needed in a ZZ remake then lead to a better CCA.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
_Ghost_Oct 6, 2015 2:26 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 6, 2015 2:27 PM

Jan 2013
Thread Cleaned

Removed baiting, and spam.
Oct 6, 2015 6:04 PM

Dec 2014
Awesome start.
Oct 6, 2015 7:59 PM

Aug 2007
It's interesting how this new Gundam series is being compared to A/Z when throughout most of Aldnoah I kept thinking that it lifted way too much from Gundam.

And this reminds me that I really need to check out Origin and Unicorn. I am not as diehard a Gundam as some (although I've watched most of UC and liked it but I have a hard time keeping track of all the many, many characters) but I've been curious about Origin.
Oct 6, 2015 8:08 PM

Dec 2013
Everything I expected it to be. Really excited to see where this story goes. Also that mech looks amazing!
Oct 6, 2015 9:12 PM

Apr 2013
lurock said:
First episode already better than the entire Reco

Dancing and singing can't replace the good old battles with real tension.
Oct 7, 2015 4:10 PM

Mar 2013
I have never watched a Gundam series but this felt great as a first. The characters were introduced and I really like Mikazuki already. The princess is kinda annoying, but a beauty nonetheless.
The action scenes were amazing and the killings were brutal. I really expect a lot from this show, this first episode greatly surprised me so I'll keep watching. I'm eager to know what's going to happen next.
Oct 7, 2015 4:15 PM

Aug 2014
Always-Hungry said:
lurock said:
First episode already better than the entire Reco

What dancing and singing?
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 7, 2015 4:56 PM

Sep 2011
QuattroVaginas said:
Always-Hungry said:

Literally in the the first few minutes of the series is a bunch of dancing/singing cheerleaders and every single episode has dancing eyecatches. For the record those eyecatches were one of the few good parts of the show

klim deserved a better show

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 7, 2015 5:02 PM

Aug 2014
JizzyHitler said:
QuattroVaginas said:

Literally in the the first few minutes of the series is a bunch of dancing/singing cheerleaders and every single episode has dancing eyecatches. For the record those eyecatches were one of the few good parts of the show

Right. A few seconds in the first episode and eyecatches. I don't see how they replaced the "good old battles". G-Reco had a ton of those.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 7, 2015 5:07 PM

Sep 2011
QuattroVaginas said:
JizzyHitler said:

Right. A few seconds in the first episode and eyecatches. I don't see how they replaced the "good old battles". G-Reco had a ton of those.
I think hes referring to battles with tension not just battles in general which is a completely valid complaint, G-reco's battles failed to feel like there were stakes half the time with the few ones that felt life or death near the end being so goofy to the point where it could easily be mistaken for a comedy especially the final ep, this part still gets me every time i see it(final ep spoilers)
. Lives were lost in most of the fights for that series but due to the series awful execution of balancing serious and comedy it winds up with a worse balance of tone than even ZZ.
JizzyHitlerOct 7, 2015 5:11 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Oct 7, 2015 5:13 PM

Aug 2014
JizzyHitler said:
QuattroVaginas said:

I think hes referring to battles with tension not just battles in general which is a completely valid complaint, G-reco's battles failed to feel like there were stakes half the time with the few ones that felt life or death near the end being so goofy to the point where it could easily be mistaken for a comedy(never forget that guy who got kicked by a mech just passing by in the last ep), especially that last ep. Lives were lost in most of the fights for that series but due to the series awful execution of balancing serious and comedy it winds up with a worse balance of tone than even ZZ.

Nah, you're giving him too much credit seeing as he apparently dropped in on ep 2. It's not a valid complaint because it has fuck all to do with the singing(???)/dancing. A valid complaint would be "G-Reco had shit battles with no tension", and even then it's really only valid if you had seen said battles.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 7, 2015 5:24 PM

Sep 2011
QuattroVaginas said:
JizzyHitler said:
I think hes referring to battles with tension not just battles in general which is a completely valid complaint, G-reco's battles failed to feel like there were stakes half the time with the few ones that felt life or death near the end being so goofy to the point where it could easily be mistaken for a comedy(never forget that guy who got kicked by a mech just passing by in the last ep), especially that last ep. Lives were lost in most of the fights for that series but due to the series awful execution of balancing serious and comedy it winds up with a worse balance of tone than even ZZ.

Nah, you're giving him too much credit seeing as he apparently dropped in on ep 2. It's not a valid complaint because it has fuck all to do with the singing(???)/dancing. A valid complaint would be "G-Reco had shit battles with no tension", and even then it's really only valid if you had seen said battles.
So then from his point of view the dancing and singing is valid cause there is a bunch of that in episode 1 and 2. I dont think its unfair to compare the first 2 episodes of one series to the first of a new one in the same franchise.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Oct 7, 2015 5:40 PM

Aug 2014
JizzyHitler said:
So then from his point of view the dancing and singing is valid cause there is a bunch of that in episode 1 and 2. I dont think its unfair to compare the first 2 episodes of one series to the first of a new one in the same franchise

Well then he shouldn't have quoted a post that's comparing the first episode of IBO to the entirety of G-Reco. Also I believe G-Reco had far more battles in the first two episodes than singing/dancing. Don't care enough to verify myself, which is why I asked that first question.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 7, 2015 5:44 PM

Sep 2011
QuattroVaginas said:
JizzyHitler said:
So then from his point of view the dancing and singing is valid cause there is a bunch of that in episode 1 and 2. I dont think its unfair to compare the first 2 episodes of one series to the first of a new one in the same franchise

Well then he shouldn't have quoted a post that's comparing the first episode of IBO to the entirety of G-Reco. Also I believe G-Reco had far more battles in the first two episodes than singing/dancing. Don't care enough to verify, which is why I asked that first question.
the first ep didnt have much action though, the 2nd had a decent amount probably as much as this ep but ep 1 really only had the snippet of raraiya falling from the G-self and then a very short anticlimatic battle between bellri and aida thats only about a good minute max. I think your taking the dancing and singing part too literally, he very clearly didnt mean the entire thing turned into love live or some shit, hes clearly making an exaggeration to express the point that G-reco's goofiness(such as the dancing and singing) made him dislike it and that this series is far more in his tune. I dont see anything there overstepping boundries. All he did was compare all he had seen of 1 show (2 episodes) to all he had seen of another (1 episode).
JizzyHitlerOct 7, 2015 5:47 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Oct 7, 2015 6:00 PM

Aug 2014
JizzyHitler said:
QuattroVaginas said:

Well then he shouldn't have quoted a post that's comparing the first episode of IBO to the entirety of G-Reco. Also I believe G-Reco had far more battles in the first two episodes than singing/dancing. Don't care enough to verify, which is why I asked that first question.
the first ep didnt have much action though, the 2nd had a decent amount probably as much as this ep but ep 1 really only had the snippet of raraiya falling from the G-self and then a very short anticlimatic battle between bellri and aida. I think your taking the dancing and singing part too literally, he very clearly didnt mean the entire thing turned into love live or some shit, hes clearly making an exaggeration to express the point that G-reco's goofiness(such as the dancing and singing) made him dislike it and that this series is far more in his tune. I dont see anything there overstepping boundries. All he did was compare all he had seen of 1 show (2 episodes) to all he had seen of another (1 episode).

If he wanted to compare first episodes, then he should have done so and not misquote. How are words taken if not literally? He made a trashy quip, so I felt like pointing it out.

And I just remembered the first two episodes of G-Reco aired together. I probably considered them one. But that doesn't matter.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 7, 2015 8:19 PM

Oct 2011
I hope Mika shakes her hand in the next episode.
Oct 7, 2015 10:18 PM

Apr 2013
Didn't think that my quote would cause a misunderstanding so let's clear this up.

JizzyHitler: You said it, that's all what I meant with that quote.

The first episode of G-Reco didn't give me the impression that I'm watching a Gundam. I couldn't focus on anything that was going on, plus the whole dancing thing was so off putting that it ruined all the expectations that I had for this series and I couldn't tolerate it for any longer.
Oct 7, 2015 11:08 PM

Apr 2011
I was really hesitant with this because of how horrible Reconguista was after 4 epds.

This has totally changed my mind, it was a great 1st epd. A million times better than what Reconguista ever thought about being.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Oct 8, 2015 2:02 AM
Sep 2014
My hands are dirty
But that means we're not on equal terms to begin with, right?

That's some metaphorical shit right there.

Man finally a proper Gundam Series after 00. AGE and Reconguista in G were garbage. This series looks to have some real promise
Oct 8, 2015 6:44 AM

Mar 2015
I did not expect to like this as much as I did. Bravo! Keep it coming!!
The sword that takes life gives life
Oct 8, 2015 8:58 AM

Jan 2014
Too much of an Ald-Noah vibe, and I didn't exactly like that.

Will watch a few more episodes, but if it continues like this, I'll drop it.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Oct 8, 2015 1:36 PM

Oct 2013
enjoyed the first episode. I especially liked Nagai's good direction. though it still felt like a rather typical gundam series in the vein of Wing or 00 it also had his sensibility for making character interactions fun and interesting. kinda refreshng if you ask me. of course, the ground battle was also great directed and had rather good mecha animation. there's still this lingering feeling of Okada turning the show into a mindless slaughter of cute boys, but at the moment I am pretty satisfied and looking forward for what the show has up it's sleeve.

ah, the newtype magazine revealed the upcoming episode titles and their staff:
the staff is looking pretty decent with having the good people of GBF S1 doing the episodes. I am especially interested to see how #3 will fare, since it has storyboards and animation direction by our bro Obari
BrobotOct 8, 2015 1:49 PM
Oct 8, 2015 5:43 PM

Sep 2011
Brobot said:
enjoyed the first episode. I especially liked Nagai's good direction. though it still felt like a rather typical gundam series in the vein of Wing or 00 it also had his sensibility for making character interactions fun and interesting. kinda refreshng if you ask me. of course, the ground battle was also great directed and had rather good mecha animation. there's still this lingering feeling of Okada turning the show into a mindless slaughter of cute boys, but at the moment I am pretty satisfied and looking forward for what the show has up it's sleeve.

ah, the newtype magazine revealed the upcoming episode titles and their staff:
the staff is looking pretty decent with having the good people of GBF S1 doing the episodes. I am especially interested to see how #3 will fare, since it has storyboards and animation direction by our bro Obari
the other side of the red sky is probably the episode they go to space.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Oct 9, 2015 5:53 AM

Nov 2007
Everything that is Gundam. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 9, 2015 9:36 AM

Jun 2009
This is already so much better than G-reco. Also, IBO kinda reminds me of Aldnoah with Mars and princess and the somewhat silent protagonist, and I just hope it doesn't end up like Aldnoah.

Oct 9, 2015 10:29 AM

Jun 2015
Well that was a phenomenal first episode in my opinion. Looking forward to this.
Oct 9, 2015 12:16 PM

Sep 2011
Pretty damn good so far. Looks like this will be much better than Reconguista. I like the characters and the main Gundam looks badass.

Laionidas said:
Too much of an Ald-Noah vibe, and I didn't exactly like that.

Will watch a few more episodes, but if it continues like this, I'll drop it.

Don't know why people keep bringing up Aldnoah. I didn't get that from this at all. Felt more like Gundam Wing or 00 than Aldnoah tbh.
Oct 9, 2015 4:09 PM

Mar 2013
I don't understand the aldnoah comparisons either. The only similarities are mars, martian princesses, and child soldiers. Beyond that they have little else in common.
Oct 9, 2015 5:10 PM

Jul 2013
fst said:
I don't understand the aldnoah comparisons either. The only similarities are mars, martian princesses, and child soldiers. Beyond that they have little else in common.

Yeah, these guys probably haven't watched any Gundams and/or Aldnoah is the only mecha they've seen. Besides these little similarities, it didn't give out the same vibe at all imo.

Oct 9, 2015 5:16 PM

Nov 2007
fst said:

"Aldnoah was a mistake."
Coronavirus.
Oct 9, 2015 9:18 PM

Aug 2012
That was great. Not really an epic start but the character/design/Animation/VA is really great

snakeman said:
My hands are dirty
But that means we're not on equal terms to begin with, right?

That's some metaphorical shit right there.

Oct 10, 2015 12:45 AM

Mar 2013
iFourier said:
After watching it with subs I can say that this is going to be one of the best animes this year :D

By the way, wasn't G-Reco that shitty thing for kids ?

maybe you havent seen g-reco, for me it has the true escenc of what gundam used to be in a realistic way

Oct 10, 2015 7:45 AM

May 2015
Not in an epic proportion but still the hype and the show looks promising unlike the past gundam show's after 00 , Can't wait for the next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2015 10:35 AM

Apr 2015
The last gundam i watched was 00, and my expectation is very high for this new gundam. it was an ok episode, they are still introducing everyone, so i think it will get better. But the one thing i didn't liked was the design of the characters. In that aspect, i prefer gundam 00 design.
Oct 10, 2015 12:05 PM

Sep 2011
sun123 said:
The last gundam i watched was 00, and my expectation is very high for this new gundam. it was an ok episode, they are still introducing everyone, so i think it will get better. But the one thing i didn't liked was the design of the characters. In that aspect, i prefer gundam 00 design.

Other than the main pilot (the manlet), I actually liked the designs this time around. Most of the cast has this ragged look about them, like they have been through battle. Especially that one guy that looks like Guts from Berserk lol. The entire male cast of Gundam 00 was fujoshi bait, not that I'm complaining since the women where 10/10 as well.
Oct 10, 2015 4:43 PM
Mar 2012
nice trapezius & biceps...
World building/dialogue made a lot more sense than G-Reco. Wasn't clear how those commanders & pm/father planned to use the princess's independence move for their own purpose. Don't see any dancing or slapping yet.
Mars vs earth, bland princess, calm nearly deadpan mc who's the ace fighter (more expressive than Inaho), Ahab Reactor/wave seems important (probably different from Aldnoah reactor, guessing closer to Minowsky/Plavsky particle use), nice osts somewhat Hiroyuki styled, yah lots of AZ reminders.
Sensible dialogue + Okada angst could become very interesting. After g-reco, somehow I'd like to see random song & dance, cartoony forest animals added.
Months ago felt Barbatos design looked weird. The large chunky limbs feel cool in motion, still not sure about the anorexic waist.
Oct 11, 2015 11:22 AM

Oct 2008
let's start our weekly dose of same plot of Kidou Senshi!
waht's-up with those tube holes behind their backs spinal?
4/5.

Oct 11, 2015 12:38 PM
Oct 2015
shanimebib said:
fst said:

"Aldnoah was a mistake."

I'm new to MAL. How do I upvote/like this comment?

But yea, after that gundam g reconstituta-whatever, I really needed a new gundam show to revive my love for mecha.
Oct 11, 2015 3:27 PM

Apr 2008
Wait, Gundam is ripping off Aldnoah.Zero? mind=blown didn't know A.Z aired in the 70's.

ThatDarnIrishMan said:
So, Gundam is now ripping off Attack on Titan for characters or something?

Mikazuki. Mikasa. Both cold, emotionless "super warriors" who easily win everything without breaking a sweat. Both cling to the main heroes and only want to defend them...

So, yeah. Found that pretty distracting.

The cold/emotionless main character isn't new to Gundam nor is it new to mecha and anime in general. If you think a stereotypical and cliche filled show such as AoT invented these character types you need to stop leaving ridiculous comments until you watch more anime. In Gundam alone there's been Setsuna, Heero, and Char Aznable who a lot of people would consider cold/emotionless characters (or who at least were emotionless during certain phases). Mikazuki is an orphan, who had killed someone when he was a young child (as shown by the flash back scene), and is a soldier in the military. What type of character did you expect? Onizuka? jeeez.....
byoushinOct 11, 2015 3:38 PM
Oct 11, 2015 9:34 PM

Jan 2015
Do I need to watch prequels to understand the story ?
Oct 11, 2015 9:49 PM

Aug 2013
Konte said:
Do I need to watch prequels to understand the story ?

Don't need, this one is Stand Alone series...
Oct 11, 2015 10:39 PM

Mar 2013
ThatDarnIrishMan said:
So, Gundam is now ripping off Attack on Titan for characters or something?

Mikazuki. Mikasa. Both cold, emotionless "super warriors" who easily win everything without breaking a sweat. Both cling to the main heroes and only want to defend them...

So, yeah. Found that pretty distracting.

U srs

The guy is like sweating blood already and its only the first episode.
Oct 12, 2015 2:58 AM
Jul 2014
First time watching a Gundam series or mecha in general(I don't consider A/Z as one). Really liking the character designs, esp Mikazuki. Reminds me of characters from Shut Hell. Soundtrack was nice as well.

Overall enjoyable episode. Looking forward to more.
Oct 12, 2015 6:05 AM

Apr 2015
Fullmetal89 said:
sun123 said:

Other than the main pilot (the manlet), I actually liked the designs this time around. Most of the cast has this ragged look about them, like they have been through battle. Especially that one guy that looks like Guts from Berserk lol. The entire male cast of Gundam 00 was fujoshi bait, not that I'm complaining since the women where 10/10 as well.

To me, the male cast of 00 never looked like a fujoshi bait. Probably because i'm not a fan of yaoi xD.
But i do agree that this new gundam knows how to show that the characters have suffered a lot only using this specific design.
Oct 12, 2015 7:36 AM

Nov 2007
Shina ne... Kono mama ja... Konna tokoro ja... OWARI NE... DAROU, MIKA?

Dunno how many times I have seen what follows already. That was probably the most intense introduction of a Gundam ever.
Coronavirus.
Oct 14, 2015 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
Beginning not spectacular, but it already expected, since the rumors gave judgments not exciting. The plot has good potential whilst taking up a story seen in the line of Gundam. Drawings and animations in the media, the same for the sets. The character design is not bad, the color design did not like it on certain occasions. I hope soon come also the second episode to better assess the anime.
Oct 14, 2015 3:19 PM
Jul 2018
Whoa. That was totally awesome! Loving it.
Oct 15, 2015 12:12 AM

Nov 2007
shadowfox254 said:
jkun said:

Gundam Origin, Gundam Unicorn? ni hao?
Wouldn't be surprised if most people here in this thread haven't seen either one of them.

This OST for an example perhaps; before they head to Industrial 7?

Coronavirus.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

176 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Yesterday, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

160 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 24, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

128 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2015

168 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 2:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.