Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Jan 2, 2016 2:28 PM

Dec 2015
Piromysl said:
Mediocre.
I am new to anime (started in January 2015). Some people may call it casual, so I am still watching mostly those things who I expect to be enjoyable. Mostly looking at rating, genre and recommendations. But I do realize there are exceptions like School Days, who received so much undeserved hate.

I hated school days, but there are many reasons why lol I can go into that for another post.
I can see why people may like it in terms of a different kind of harem, but I didn't think it was good at all. Sorry :(
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 2, 2016 2:29 PM

Jan 2014
KonaKoffee4 said:
ItsMaz said:

I loved all the characters, but then I thoroughly enjoyed that anime as a whole (gave a 9/10 rating for it).
But I would definitely love to see more Fino, that's for sure.

oh yea all the characters were funny in their own way, but she was just the best thing ever lol

I thought it was quite interesting in itself. The title literally described the whole premises of the show, which I thought was funny. I rated 7.

Jan 2, 2016 2:31 PM

Dec 2015
Acheroh said:
KonaKoffee4 said:

oh yea all the characters were funny in their own way, but she was just the best thing ever lol

I thought it was quite interesting in itself. The title literally described the whole premises of the show, which I thought was funny. I rated 7.

I have gone back and forth about 3 or 4 times between giving it a 6 or a 7. It is an anime that's not trying to compete with the top contenders, so I always felt a tad harsh giving it a 6 because it is funny and the characters are written perfectly for this kind of show.
But, I just feel deep down it deserves a 6 from me.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 2, 2016 2:44 PM

Oct 2014
It means that it was okay and not a really good anime. I usually only give 6's to anime that I thought would be good but were meh
Sasuke or Kaneki I can't decide
Jan 2, 2016 2:52 PM

Jun 2012
I always found it pretty amusing when someone would talk about a show being bad and after looking at their list, you see that they gave it a 5 or a 6, or on the other hand someone being like, "it wasn't that good" and them having rated the show an 8 or a 9. Sometimes I don't understand the way people rate shows in their lists and I don't think I want to know, either.

It's pretty easy for me to distinguish a series between 5 or 6, because there comes in the element of being interested in it. If I gave a series a 5, I know it wasn't bad but didn't interest or humor me throughout the majority of the show, while a 6 is something that did. I find myself on the fence a lot more often when it comes to deciding whether I want to give a show a 7 or an 8.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jan 2, 2016 2:54 PM
Jan 2013
AltoRoark99 said:
Mkim said:
"Fine"

That's it, everyone can go home now. It's done.

It seems you missed the point if this thread.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ I did noooooooooooooooot!
gone bai bai
Jan 2, 2016 2:56 PM

Dec 2015
Holybaptiser said:
I always found it pretty amusing when someone would talk about a show being bad and after looking at their list, you see that they gave it a 5 or a 6, or on the other hand someone being like, "it wasn't that good" and them having rated the show an 8 or a 9. Sometimes I don't understand the way people rate shows in their lists and I don't think I want to know, either.

It's pretty easy for me to distinguish a series between 5 or 6, because there comes in the element of being interested in it. If I gave a series a 5, I know it wasn't bad but didn't interest or humor me throughout the majority of the show, while a 6 is something that did. I find myself on the fence a lot more often when it comes to deciding whether I want to give a show a 7 or an 8.

I have debated in my mind back and forth over giving certain animes a 7 or 8 (I do that more often than any other rating to be honest). But that is why I don't get why people always come down my throat (haha not literally) about giving an anime a 6 rating. A 6 is not bad at all and I don't think people should give an anime a 6 if they think it is bad. Maybe give it a 6 if you think it's really boring, but not really because it is really bad. Even a 5 I don't think is bad and a 4 is bad but there was something about it I enjoyed.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 2, 2016 3:05 PM

Apr 2015
I normally give 6s to anime that I enjoyed quite a bit and have a good pay-off, but do not stand out that well. I normally recommend such anime to those who like other similar anime.

However, when I first started using MAL, I hardly gave 6s and reserved it for lackluster anime.
Jan 2, 2016 3:09 PM

Jun 2012
KonaKoffee4 said:
Holybaptiser said:

I have debated in my mind back and forth over giving certain animes a 7 or 8 (I do that more often than any other rating to be honest). But that is why I don't get why people always come down my throat (haha not literally) about giving an anime a 6 rating. A 6 is not bad at all and I don't think people should give an anime a 6 if they think it is bad. Maybe give it a 6 if you think it's really boring, but not really because it is really bad. Even a 5 I don't think is bad and a 4 is bad but there was something about it I enjoyed.
People don't seem to understand a 1-10 scale very well, sometimes. They find it to be 1-3 and 7-10 when rating a show, so that when they see something in the middle, they tend to think that it falls on the former. I wish I could go full-retard sometimes and be able to understand the mindset enough to explain it, but that is pretty much impossible.

When I'm met with someone who wants to question my taste, I find myself laughing it off and just being sarcastic in return. No point in trying to reason with someone who is being hostile for no apparent reason. Not to mention, if it ever came down to it, I could embarrass anyone out here in the forums.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jan 2, 2016 3:11 PM

Apr 2015
My 6's are good but meh, nothing special
Jan 2, 2016 3:15 PM

Jul 2015
I have to agree that the line between 7 and 8 is blurry. Usually I use other similar anime to decide if the show I'm rating was better or worse.
Jan 2, 2016 3:16 PM

Aug 2014
6 = Fine. That's it! Nothing more or less. It was ok, enjoyable with some elements here n there that made it kinda meh.
Jan 2, 2016 3:19 PM

Jan 2014
Snappynator said:
6 = Fine. That's it! Nothing more or less. It was ok, enjoyable with some elements here n there that made it kinda meh.

Exactly. I personally wouldn't consider a 5 bad because 5 is average on the rating scale. It means that I was able to complete the anime but nothing there had a new element to it; it was average.

Jan 2, 2016 3:25 PM

May 2014
It means that shit sux and you shouldn't watch it
Jan 2, 2016 3:32 PM

Apr 2015
Holybaptiser said:
Not to mention, if it ever came down to it, I could embarrass anyone out here in the forums.

Jan 2, 2016 3:38 PM

Dec 2015
Holybaptiser said:
KonaKoffee4 said:

People don't seem to understand a 1-10 scale very well, sometimes. They find it to be 1-3 and 7-10 when rating a show, so that when they see something in the middle, they tend to think that it falls on the former. I wish I could go full-retard sometimes and be able to understand the mindset enough to explain it, but that is pretty much impossible.

When I'm met with someone who wants to question my taste, I find myself laughing it off and just being sarcastic in return. No point in trying to reason with someone who is being hostile for no apparent reason. Not to mention, if it ever came down to it, I could embarrass anyone out here in the forums.

This, all of this.
Like I don't try to come for people who have given, what I think to be, shitty animes a high rating. So why come for someone who doesn't like the same shit as you? And not even that it is they disliked it, but they just don't hold it to the same god status lol.

Tylaen said:
Holybaptiser said:
Not to mention, if it ever came down to it, I could embarrass anyone out here in the forums.

Haha I thought this too. But some of these people do need to be told off though. Like I can't believe someone had the audacity to message me and become so angry about giving clannad a fucking 6, as if I murdered their family or something lmao
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 19, 2016 2:31 AM

Mar 2015
6/10 is typically what I use for shows I somewhat enjoyed watching or enjoyed watching a lot but wasn't really all that great
Jan 19, 2016 2:38 AM

Aug 2012
6/10 = Fine. See it the same way MAL puts it.

If another reviewer gives an anime a 6 I'd still give it a try if it seems interesting to me.
Jan 19, 2016 2:38 AM

Sep 2015
KonaKoffee4 said:

Tylaen said:

Haha I thought this too. But some of these people do need to be told off though. Like I can't believe someone had the audacity to message me and become so angry about giving clannad a fucking 6, as if I murdered their family or something lmao

And here's me giving Clannad a 3/10...
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jan 19, 2016 2:39 AM

Dec 2015
ItsMaz said:
KonaKoffee4 said:

And here's me giving Clannad a 3/10...

Rrruuuunnnnnn
They gon kill you now!
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 19, 2016 2:39 AM

Aug 2015
For me its above average to decent tbh.
Jan 19, 2016 2:40 AM

Sep 2014
'Fine'. Bit above average, with more positives than negatives, I enjoyed it but wouldn't exactly call it good, it didn't impress me.
Jan 19, 2016 2:41 AM
May 2015
Decent and 7 is kinda awesome 5 is forgetable but not in a bad way just isnt so good
Jan 19, 2016 2:50 AM

May 2015
I usually rate 6 when I don't feel like I wasted my time watching a show. It had either a strangely compelling narrative/character, a bunch of surprisingly well done episodes/arc or some other unique quality hard to find anywhere else. Average with added benefits.
Jan 19, 2016 2:51 AM
Jul 2018
it means it is more than enough for me to watch it
Jan 19, 2016 2:53 AM

Apr 2013
Fine. It was above average, but I wouldn't consider it "good". Still liked it overall though.
Jan 19, 2016 2:54 AM

Jan 2011
It's fine, it's alright, it's a cut above average. Could be better, a lot better, but it's okay.
Jan 19, 2016 3:03 AM

Jun 2014
6 is ok.
I wouldn't recommend or rewatch it, but it's ok.
6 is not a waste of time nor an enjoyment or a good use of time.

Lets say I would certainly know it's a 6 for me before I watched it, I wouldn't watch it then.
I would maybe make an exception for a 6 really close to a 7.
Jan 19, 2016 3:06 AM

Jan 2016
Just gonna quote my scoring system in my list

"If it is a seven and six, it means I quite enjoyed it and is somehow memorable."

and FYI:

"The scores I give here is only based on my subjective taste. I didn't include any objective and technical scores(If the plot progression is done well, the direction, the writing, etc. etc)."
Jan 19, 2016 3:14 AM

Jul 2015
Enjoyable I guess .I could have done without it tho .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jan 19, 2016 3:19 AM

Jul 2015
For me: 6 - Not bad, but also not too remarkable. Average to a little bit below average. Many 'not too good' parts. I liked it to a certain degree. Anyway, still worth giving a try i guess. I'm not sure what i would recommend.
Jan 19, 2016 3:20 AM

Aug 2015
6/10 for me means (if it's not a light, comedy anime)
it's fine but it doesn't deserve the hype
蒼穹を舞う。
Jan 19, 2016 3:21 AM

Jan 2015
6 /10 is an average rating for me, I'd stick by the show in most cases.
Jan 19, 2016 3:32 AM

Apr 2015
Has some good point and noticeable bad points. Characters are important to me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2016 3:35 AM

Mar 2015
Either "Ok"... or mediocre("Ok" in a bad way)
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Jan 19, 2016 4:14 AM

Mar 2013
6 = like, would definitely rewatch. Anything above 6 i consider my favorites
Jan 19, 2016 4:42 AM

Jul 2015
For me it's okay. Not really worth watching but I had fun while watching it, so I don't regret it either. It has something more than just any other show. I wouldn't be compelled to watch a show if the top reviews are 6/10.
Jan 19, 2016 4:49 AM

Apr 2015
A lot of MAL users tend to believe that 6/10 is considered to be a bad scored which is quite laughable.

-Mastergold
Jan 19, 2016 4:59 AM

Feb 2015
6/10 = Fine just like the Mal ratings
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2016 5:06 AM

Oct 2015
It has some good points, basically "Fine".
Jan 19, 2016 5:18 AM

Mar 2015
A show that I enjoyed but had some flaws I couldn't overlook.
Jan 19, 2016 5:31 AM

Jun 2015
6 is meh, worth a watch but not something I'd recommend to a friend unless it was very specifically their type of show. Usually watch if having trouble finding something good or just finished something really good and don't want to actually get into anything new yet.
Jan 19, 2016 5:35 AM

Jun 2015
For me, a 6 is a show, which is enjoyable, but not necessarily good.
It is better than a 5, which is balancing between being bad and OK, but worse than a 7, which is a consistently good show.
Jan 19, 2016 6:22 AM
Jan 2015
I would assume it has an unoriginal but alright plot and average fighting put alongside with nothing we haven't seen before
Jan 19, 2016 6:24 AM

Dec 2015
For me, a 6 means that I enjoyed it, but I couldn't get around the flaws of the show.
Jan 19, 2016 6:58 AM
Jul 2018
OK, but flawed. Although sometimes they are enjoyable, it has a lot of rough edges which detracts from the overall experience
Jan 19, 2016 7:21 AM

Nov 2013
Above average, but not much more than that.
Jan 19, 2016 7:23 AM

Feb 2015
AltoRoark99 said:
If a credible reviewer gives a certain anime 6/10, are you compelled to watch it or not?

Depends on genre but I never go with just one review if I'm uncertain about an anime.

AltoRoark99 said:

Do you consider 6/10 to be slightly positive, or slightly negative?

6 isn't a bad score imo. The show might lack a lot of things or fall short on story etc. but still manage to keep things interesting enough to be enjoyable. Anything below 5 would be a bad score for me.

AltoRoark99 said:

How do you truly feel about an anime you give 6/10 to? Examples?

Another and SAO are 6/10 for me. Enjoyable enough to be watched but falls short on the overall experience.
SlappizJan 26, 2016 8:45 AM
Jan 19, 2016 7:29 AM

Jun 2012
I would only watch a 6/10 show if the show catches my interest in some way. There are plenty of shows I have given a 6/10 or have gotten a 6/10 by reviewers that I still really enjoyed, but when there are so many shows that I know will be a lot better or I have been meaning to watch for some time, I will obviously go with those over a show that is just a bit better than what I consider to be a pretty "meh" (a 5, which is average or uninteresting to me).
Jan 19, 2016 7:55 AM

Jan 2016
Since my scoring system is scaled down a bit, a 6 for me is a show that I liked but not a favorite. My 6's aren't all too relative though.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 3 hours ago

62 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
2 seconds ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

37 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
7 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

67 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
10 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 9 hours ago

29 by Jackson1333 »»
11 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

66 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.