Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 14, 2009 8:24 PM

Jun 2007
Perfect Owned for Raven
He deserve it.
and Olivier keeps getting more awesomeness! *o*

agh how i hate Winry in this episode r_r
usually i dont have nothing against her, but agh
cant complicate things more u_u
Dec 14, 2009 9:12 PM

Feb 2009
noteDhero said:
I don't really see how she's any different than the first season. Since she's being used as point of manipulation for Ed and Al, she's more irritating here than the first series. She's the typical not-important-even-though-they-try-make-it-seem-so love-interest.

Well, I think it's because she's more important to Ed and Al, and their relationship is strengthened. For much of FMA1, she kind of came off as a third wheel.

Dec 14, 2009 9:43 PM

Jul 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
...I don't get why people are so overly-excited because of this episode...
Maybe cause it was kinda awesome and we (I) haven't read the manga.
Dec 14, 2009 10:01 PM

Jan 2009
orangehouse said:
Holy crap o-oll Now they have a hostage

Well Winry's more or less been a hostage since Bradley told them about everything actually, since he said at that time that something bad might happen to their close ones if they go around telling people about the plan, although now it's slightly more obvious. ^^;

poketonip said:
HawthorneKitty said:

Ahahah~ To be honest though, I was expecting Raven's death in the end of the previous episode.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 14, 2009 10:46 PM

Feb 2009
poketonip said:
HawthorneKitty said:

Hell, even if you have read the manga... the Raven death was even more badass this time.

Dec 15, 2009 4:42 AM

Oct 2007
ArnoldK said:
noteDhero said:
I don't really see how she's any different than the first season. Since she's being used as point of manipulation for Ed and Al, she's more irritating here than the first series. She's the typical not-important-even-though-they-try-make-it-seem-so love-interest.

Well, I think it's because she's more important to Ed and Al, and their relationship is strengthened. For much of FMA1, she kind of came off as a third wheel.
Well in a way I agree that she is kinda important to Ed and AL but I rather agree with noteDhero that she is the typical not-important-even-though-they-try-make-it-seem-so love-interest. I only see her as just a side character in the series, nothing more or less.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 15, 2009 5:15 AM

Apr 2008
Loved the episode allright, still found it funny to see that GENERAL Raven went down that easily and fast, was also just a sword vs gun fight, no use of alchemy AT ALL, what I would expect out of a general, but ah well ^^
Dec 15, 2009 6:06 AM

Nov 2008
Siva said:
ArnoldK said:
noteDhero said:

Well in a way I agree that she is kinda important to Ed and AL but I rather agree with noteDhero that she is the typical not-important-even-though-they-try-make-it-seem-so love-interest. I only see her as just a side character in the series, nothing more or less.

if you dont see her as important now. you might in the next few episodes. lol
Dec 15, 2009 6:46 AM

Jul 2009
ArnoldK said:
poketonip said:
HawthorneKitty said:

Hell, even if you have read the manga... the Raven death was even more badass this time.
I liked Raven's death. And like someone said earlier, the way he kept touching her was like asking for his head to be smashed.
Dec 15, 2009 8:03 AM

Jul 2009
Hohenheim flashback especially photograph session & departure is nicely done. At least he is not bad as Ed viewed him. Olivier slashing Raven & let him consumed by concrete proves that her badassery is not just a talk. On the other hand,when Miles informed that Raven is "missing", Kimblee does not give a shit about Raven instead have given authority by Bradley to act on it's own if something happen to Raven is very interesting.

Finally,
Dec 15, 2009 8:05 AM

Jan 2009
Kagura89 said:
Finally,

I'm expecting funny reactions when that's shown : >
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 15, 2009 8:18 AM

May 2009
Every time Raven got a little too close to Olivier, I felt something coming. But it didn't. Until... :D That was just badass how she made him a foundation for the base.

I was kinda hoping/expecting Miles to challenge Kimbley to a duel as soon as he was told about Raven. Alas. We'll see that sometime I guess.

Scar's going soft. He didn't kill those soldiers.

Possible...

*EDIT:

On second thought, don't confirm it for me. I wanna be shocked next week. Or disappointed if both my ideas are wrong.
honey88foruDec 15, 2009 8:22 AM
Dec 15, 2009 9:06 AM

Jun 2008
honey88foru said:
Leaving them without coats in the cold, that freezes Sloth instantly, kills them. It's even crueler than usual.

Zilpzalp said:
Am I the only one who actually thinks that killing Raven was a dumb move? Looks like you are all praising Olivier for that...
He was a pain in the ass.
Touching her allover and taking command of her soldiers in her fortress... Death Sentence!
As she obtained the informations she wanted, there was no use for him anymore.
If she can cover up the fact that she killed him, there is no downside.
Dec 15, 2009 9:32 AM

Nov 2008
honey88foru said:
Every time Raven got a little too close to Olivier, I felt something coming. But it didn't. Until... :D That was just badass how she made him a foundation for the base.

I was kinda hoping/expecting Miles to challenge Kimbley to a duel as soon as he was told about Raven. Alas. We'll see that sometime I guess.

Possible...

*EDIT:

On second thought, don't confirm it for me. I wanna be shocked next week. Or disappointed if both my ideas are wrong.

i'm neither confirming or denying your guesses i'm just curious as to how you came to those conclusions? lol
Dec 15, 2009 9:41 AM

Jan 2009
suigetsu00 said:
honey88foru said:

Possible...

*EDIT:

i'm neither confirming or denying your guesses i'm just curious as to how you came to those conclusions? lol

<-- I'm also rather interested in this, interesting conclusions, do tell us : p
Dec 15, 2009 1:01 PM

Apr 2009
Zilpzalp said:
There isn't? Well, the Crimson Alchemist is now free, I think him being under control of Raven was the better option.

I'd have to agree with that. I went 'Nice job, Olivier. SEE WHAT YOU DID THAR' when Zolfie said he's free to act on his own, but I still think she couldn't have done anything else. And it was just so awesome xD
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Dec 15, 2009 2:02 PM

May 2007
Olivier is fucking badass. I love her.
Also, the segment about Hoheinheim in the beginning surprised me, I didn't know he was that emotional. :O

Kimblee... sigh. >3<

Dec 15, 2009 2:20 PM

Feb 2009
Where I come from there is saying that goes like this "Whoever that have a tail can go through fire" I think the Elric brothers should have think about this before embarking on such dangerous mission.
Dec 15, 2009 6:22 PM

May 2008
Raven got pwned

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 15, 2009 6:24 PM

Jan 2008
loved the episode.. i keep wondering when we're gonna get that thing with risa x.x I WANNA SEE THAT D<
Dec 15, 2009 11:17 PM

May 2009
Proselyt said:
honey88foru said:
Leaving them without coats in the cold, that freezes Sloth instantly, kills them. It's even crueler than usual.

It was the combination of that oil and the cold. But I guess for a normal human. Still... I was kind of disappointed seeing him not rip them apart to pieces.

@ suigetsu00
@ Oosran

You guys know, don't you?! :P

Well, it's a hunch. Elric brothers run into Selim at the library. They meet Bradley at his home. It could be anything but I thought it was significant or at least forced. Then (actually I'm not sure if it was before or after but..) Mustang and Bradley's conversation in an episode. Bradley tells him not to worry about Selim. Dunno why but it was odd to say the least.

Also, everybody made a big deal about a tattoo on Hawkeye's back. I just had a hunch, that could be the tattoo of ouroboros. But I read it's the secret to Roy's alchemy. I immediately stopped reading that; didn't want it any more spoiled for me. Still the idea that there is a connection between Ouroboros, Hawkeye's tattoo and Roy's flame was intriguing to me.

Now it all looks so innocent to be something so evil. Even if not completely, I dismissed the ideas at the time. Raven mentioned Pride in this episode. So I started thinking. Who could be the last homunculus? They could introduce a new character, like that doctor. Detour here, that doctor... *slaps himself*

Who knows how Arakawa's mind works. These writers are twisted people.

Or maybe I'm just pareidoliac.
honey88foruDec 15, 2009 11:20 PM
Dec 15, 2009 11:25 PM

Jan 2009
another hommunculi was shown n the shadows of the cave
Dec 16, 2009 12:51 AM

Jul 2008
Do we really need to praise Armstrong anymore than we have already?

Of course, she has been created perfectly in the anime adaptation. Armstrong is fraking awesome.
Dec 16, 2009 6:03 AM

Jan 2009
Know what? Now I kinda started seeing Armstrong as the female Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Yes, you should know who he is.) xD
Dec 16, 2009 6:15 AM

Sep 2008
Epic! Awesome!!

Raven got what he deserved! who said u can keep touching her hands then threat her with your ***ed up authority?

Scar, Kimblee, Sloth, myesterious Homunculus(Pride?!), Envy, Miles, Olivier and Mustang...
this is getting really awesome!

"The Fuhrer President was very worried to hear of the situation."

"I'll be buying all of those flowers."

Can't wait for next ep~!!

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Dec 16, 2009 6:57 AM

Nov 2008
honey88foru said:
Proselyt said:
honey88foru said:

It was the combination of that oil and the cold. But I guess for a normal human. Still... I was kind of disappointed seeing him not rip them apart to pieces.

@ suigetsu00
@ Oosran

Well, it's a hunch. Elric brothers run into Selim at the library. They meet Bradley at his home. It could be anything but I thought it was significant or at least forced. Then (actually I'm not sure if it was before or after but..) Mustang and Bradley's conversation in an episode. Bradley tells him not to worry about Selim. Dunno why but it was odd to say the least.

Also, everybody made a big deal about a tattoo on Hawkeye's back. I just had a hunch, that could be the tattoo of ouroboros. But I read it's the secret to Roy's alchemy. I immediately stopped reading that; didn't want it any more spoiled for me. Still the idea that there is a connection between Ouroboros, Hawkeye's tattoo and Roy's flame was intriguing to me.

Now it all looks so innocent to be something so evil. Even if not completely, I dismissed the ideas at the time. Raven mentioned Pride in this episode. So I started thinking. Who could be the last homunculus? They could introduce a new character, like that doctor. Detour here, that doctor... *slaps himself*

Who knows how Arakawa's mind works. These writers are twisted people.

Or maybe I'm just pareidoliac.

lol yup we know xD and 4 more days til you know :D
Dec 16, 2009 7:24 AM

Feb 2009
Oosran said:
Know what? Now I kinda started seeing Armstrong as the female Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Yes, you should know who he is.) xD

I dunno about that. She's a lot more... serious than him, I guess? Her badassedness was over the top, but it was played straight.

Dec 16, 2009 9:54 AM

Jun 2008
honey88foru said:
Proselyt said:
honey88foru said:

Sloth wasn't smart enough to know to retaliate. He just knew he had a job to do and he just wanted to continue doing it.

@ suigetsu00
@ Oosran

You're correct. The tattoo on Hawkeye's back is the secret to fire alchemy and it's different aspects of it.
This website has the explanation of her tattoo. I think it has been posted a a few times already on MAL. http://angelalegna.livejournal.com/18768.html
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Dec 16, 2009 10:29 AM

Jan 2009
ArnoldK said:
Oosran said:

I dunno about that. She's a lot more... serious than him, I guess? Her badassedness was over the top, but it was played straight.

Zilpzalp said:
No, you can't compare those two. They are both badass, but in totally different ways. They are comparable in the total ammount of badassness, but you can't compare those two as two characters. Kamina is much different from her, and in my opinion much more badass (in order to be badass, you HAVE to be reckless).

I know, I know, they can't really be compared like that, it was just a thought I got. And of course, Kamina's always ahead of everyone else when it comes to being badass : >
Dec 16, 2009 5:54 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Olivier is so awesome. Raven got owndizzled. Kimblee lets the Elric Brothers know that Winry's life is in the Fuhrer's hands.

Dec 17, 2009 10:45 AM

Jan 2009
Zilpzalp said:
No, you can't compare those two. They are both badass, but in totally different ways. They are comparable in the total ammount of badassness, but you can't compare those two as two characters. Kamina is much different from her, and in my opinion much more badass (in order to be badass, you HAVE to be reckless).

Yeah because Armstrong is an actual character, Kamina is nothing but a walking plot device.

Really enjoyed this episode, wish i got to it a little sooner though.
burntlettuceDec 17, 2009 11:13 PM
Dec 17, 2009 9:01 PM

Apr 2007
Hell yes Olivier! I was really looking forward to the part where she slices Raven and it was so satisfying. That guy was annoying. Can't wait for the next episode :3
Dec 17, 2009 11:03 PM

Dec 2009
this episode was pretty nice....glad to see winry back in the show :P i knew raven was going to get ripped up sooner or later but buried in the cement LOL what a way to go....i want to see some crazy stuff go down in the tunnel! and i cant wait for kimblee to go down c:
Loading Image...
Dec 18, 2009 7:59 AM

Nov 2007
im late to the party, but this episode was once again awesome, and Olivier knows how a real badass should acts 5/5

http://gamesmind.wordpress.com/2009/12/18/fullmetal-alchemist-36-foundations/
yayay
Dec 18, 2009 12:29 PM

Jun 2008
Zilpzalp said:
Am I the only one who actually thinks that killing Raven was a dumb move? Looks like you are all praising Olivier for that...
I haven't read this part of the manga yet but if King Bradley had sent Raven to Brigg's, his sudden disappearance should raise his eyebrow that something happened to him.

But since this is FMA, it just might have slipped his mind.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Dec 19, 2009 10:26 AM

May 2009
somebody please tell me how many episodes are already aired?
Dec 19, 2009 10:29 AM

Jan 2009
firy said:
somebody please tell me how many episodes are already aired?

Uh.. 36? What else?
Dec 19, 2009 1:52 PM

May 2009
erm i dunno so i wanted to know if this one was last? O.o
Dec 19, 2009 2:07 PM

Jan 2009
Well it came out just a little less than a week ago, so 36 is latest yes : >
Dec 19, 2009 3:32 PM

May 2009
damn i so didn't want to hear that
thanks anyway
Dec 21, 2009 12:55 AM

Jul 2008
yes i love olivia she cut raven up yup she a g^^

5/5
Dec 22, 2009 12:08 PM

Dec 2007
Fantastic! Every once in a while a great episode seems to show up, if only the rest of the series was on this level...
Dec 23, 2009 6:12 AM

Aug 2007
Roy in a suit. <3
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Dec 25, 2009 4:39 AM

Feb 2008
Oh fuck, Winry's screwed.
Dec 26, 2009 1:59 PM

Sep 2008
Olivier is awesome. Need I say more?

Watching her deal with Raven was just epic to watch. This was another fantastic episode.

I wish Winry would stop getting "caught"... but I guess it can't be helped since she doesn't really know much about... a lot of things. D':
Jan 21, 2010 9:30 AM

Aug 2008
I rolled so hard at Oliviers "I want to cut him" in her head.

Can't wait to see retribution for Kimblee. I find him annoying as hell.
Jan 21, 2010 10:15 AM

Jan 2009
PerkyKirky said:
Can't wait to see retribution for Kimblee. I find him annoying as hell.
Feb 4, 2010 3:33 AM
Nov 2009
Was that really Winry, or was it Envy? It seems strange that she would have known they were there D:

I'm officially convinced; the V.A who voices the Ishbalan working under Olivier is definitely the V.A who voices Zoro in One Piece :D

Gosh, when you watch so many episodes consecutively they all kind of blur together ^_^; Did we see Hohenheim's flasback in this episode? If we did, that was really sweet :)

Most importantly, little Ed and Al are sooooooooo cute!!!!! Cutest children in the history of anything!

May 20, 2010 11:26 PM

Sep 2009
I'm actually glad Winry is there. I would rather have her there so Ed can keep an eye on her to make sure she's safe instead of Winry being in rush valley not knowing if she's safe or not. Must watch next episode.
May 22, 2010 11:43 AM

Oct 2009
Yeah, Ravens death scene was quite epic.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.