Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 8, 2015 10:18 AM

Jul 2014
To make something clear.
CareBearAug 16, 2020 1:23 AM
Sep 8, 2015 10:21 AM
Oct 2011
Annuvin said:
Almost the whole 3rd volume in 1 episode. I guess they will somehow manage to fit volume 4 in the last 2 episodes too.
Oh well, I knew this wouldn't end well.
I honestly doubt that lol.That was kinda like an advertisment, same sort of thing was shown in the madan no ou's OP about future volumes which they didn't adapt.(that anime was adapted terribly if I may add).
Sep 8, 2015 10:21 AM

Jan 2015
I do wonder what happened to Shalltear
Sep 8, 2015 10:23 AM
Mar 2012
Dont mind it too much that they rushed this bit. I think they will adept the next episode to the
I think they did a good job securing(if they do it well) the last 3 to these parts.
CareBearAug 15, 2020 7:41 PM
Sep 8, 2015 10:23 AM

Apr 2008
Annuvin said:
Almost the whole 3rd volume in 1 episode. I guess they will somehow manage to fit volume 4 in the last 2 episodes too.
Oh well, I knew this wouldn't end well.

What the hell are you talking about? This wasn't almost the whole volume it was two chapters
Sep 8, 2015 10:25 AM
Mar 2012
btw was the episode censored for you guys as well? mine was censored the first half of the epsidoe(with the first bandit raid attack).
Jul 2015
danieltortoisee said:
Seems there was some rushing going by the comments here, which is kinda disappointing given how well they've paced everything prior to this. Was anything signficant skipped though?

I can't really remember that they skipped anything too big. A thing to mention though is that all the unique looking characters have a long fully fetched out backstory (like the carriage rider with the red suit or brain) that ofcourse wasn't possible to adapt.

I'm not really happy about how the guardians and their relationships are shown.
A really small scene but imo important dialogue (that probably got cut in favor of the eroge-voice actor talk) is in the carriage where sebas states his concerns that shalltear might not be suited for capturing people because of her bloodlust.
Since ainz gave that job to shalltear she warns him that she would kill him if he would ever seriously challenge a decision of a supreme being.

Later when shalltear has her fun with the mercenarys sebas leaves the scene since he kinda despises slaughterfests.

Same with episode 8 on the cementary where in the LN ainz actually orders the summoned undeads to hunt and kill any adventurer that approaches the cementary to snatch fame.

Or when Shalltear finds out there is an escape tunnel (she actually enslaved one of the mercenarys and questioned him and thought there wasn't one- not to important though) she is already super frightened and furious which lead to her fucking up with the adventurer group. And at the point where she unleashes the hounds she is not just "Oh i'll get scolded" while smiling but fucking desperate.

Many of these little things just say so much more about the actual characters than some of the longer dialogue that madhouse decides to take wordly.

danieltortoisee said:
Also, that scene of the guy getting killed by boobs is one of the most disturbing things I have seen in a while, though that whole sequence was extremely violent (and, of course, censored).

Solution (best meido) is a slime and has afterwards a little chit-chat about her preferences when it comes to dissolving people alive. (Zach the carriage dude is supposed to still make it for 2 full days)
Not exactly happy about her expression. She is actually described as a small child looking forward to her birthday present when it comes to humans.
Oct 2011
Annuvin said:
Do you people seriously believe that? If they stick to this pace they can get the whole Pandora Actor scene to 5 minutes and dedicate the rest of the episode to the fight.
Obviously they won't, that was the whole point of getting this part out out of the way.(unless anime original lololol)
barmarSep 8, 2015 12:16 PM
Sep 8, 2015 10:29 AM

Jan 2014
Pretty enjoyable episode. The sudden fast pacing of the episode from the usual slow pacing of the previous episode made me feel a bit awkward whilst watching this episode.

Also, it seems like Madhouse took out some points from the novel while making this episode. For example:
-sebas met a Noble and had a brief conversation with him.
-the conversation between shalltear and sebas in the carriage was a bit longer in the novel
-In the novel, sebas personality was explained in greater detail.
-Zach's past was explained in the novel
-The 'meeting' between Zach and Solution during the massacre was longer in the novel
-There was a short conversation between shalltear and Solution about their hobby after they massacre zach's group
-A certain creature was created after the massacre to serve Shalltear, albeit a short one
-The duel between brain, shalltear and her vampire brides was a bit longer in the novel.
-The short hair women(who met ainz and got the red potion from him) actually survived. Shalltear put her among the pleasure women in the mercenary camp.
Sep 8, 2015 10:33 AM

Jul 2012
Shalltear's true form was less intimidating than when i read it in the LN
Sep 8, 2015 10:38 AM
Mar 2012
Zetara said:
Pretty enjoyable episode. The sudden fast pacing of the episode from the usual slow pacing of the previous episode made me feel a bit awkward whilst watching this episode.

Also, it seems like Madhouse took out some points from the novel while making this episode. For example:
-sebas met a Noble and had a brief conversation with him.
-the conversation between shalltear and sebas in the carriage was a bit longer in the novel
-In the novel, sebas personality was explained in greater detail.
-Zach's past was explained in the novel
-The 'meeting' between Zach and Solution during the massacre was longer in the novel
-There was a short conversation between shalltear and Solution about their hobby after they massacre zach's group
-A certain creature was created after the massacre to serve Shalltear, albeit a short one
-The duel between brain, shalltear and her vampire brides was a bit longer in the novel.
-The short hair women(who met ainz and got the red potion from him) actually survived. Shalltear put her among the pleasure women in the mercenary camp.

The red haired woman also survived in this epsisode?
Sep 8, 2015 10:39 AM

Feb 2015
It did feel rushed but by no means was this episode bad, in fact I really enjoyed it and can't wait to see the blu ray and all that extra blood and chaos..
And come on, we finally see the BEST GIRL AGAIN and she totally flips out about the Love that was thrown her way and that made the episode that much better..
Sep 8, 2015 10:42 AM

Jan 2015
I liked it.
Sep 8, 2015 10:44 AM

Sep 2014
Whaou, It was so fast-paced I don't get nearly anything what's going one in this episode..
Mind control, by what? By the old priestress light dragon spell?

I think I rather prefer the slow-pacing of the old episodes. :(
Sep 8, 2015 10:49 AM
Oct 2011
Balong said:
Whaou, It was so fast-paced I don't get nearly anything what's going one in this episode..
Mind control, by what? By the old priestress light dragon spell?

I think I rather prefer the slow-pacing of the old episodes. :(

This is in case anyone wants to know what happened in the end a little more clearly.

CareBearAug 15, 2020 7:28 PM
Sep 8, 2015 10:56 AM

Feb 2014
Din't feel rushed at all too me. Loved the episode, Shalltear's monster form is probably one of the creepies things I have ever seen in anime.
Sep 8, 2015 10:57 AM

Oct 2009
This episode is rushed but I liked it.
Sep 8, 2015 11:01 AM

Jul 2013
Episode was so rushed it was impossible to enjoy. The fights were supposed to be much longer and bloodier. At the pace they're going I won't be surprised if next episode will finish volume 3 and they'll try to cram volume 4 in the last 2 episodes.
Sep 8, 2015 11:13 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
It's obvious that they rushed some things but this was by no means a bad episode at all

The brutality was more than real here and I can't even imagine how it was in the novel considering that it's even more brutal lol and I felt a little bad for those humans xD

Shaltear in her true for looks so fucking disgusting lol like wtf.....The blonde maid was hot as fuck though and I actually wish that I was that guy that she absorbed because that is a wonderful way to die xD

I'm guessing that Shaltear is being brainwashed somehow because there is no way in hell that she'd turn on her precious Ainz and let Albedo (her reaction to the love thing was funny lol) win so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next
Sep 8, 2015 11:27 AM

Dec 2014
Whoa... Shalltear deflects those sword attacks with her pinky's nail. XD
Brain dude does not stand a chance....
Cries like a girl. XD

Is that Shalltear's true form?
Dammit... Focus on Albedo now.. Hehehe

Good thing the red-haired girl survived.. I hope. :)
Sep 8, 2015 11:38 AM

Apr 2010
Good episode :D
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Sep 8, 2015 11:38 AM

Feb 2012
damn shaltear is like them crazy vamps from the strain lol IDK wtf was going on but she thought she was killing for Ains? Could the mind controller be the butler?
Sep 8, 2015 11:42 AM

Apr 2008
rafi160 said:
damn shaltear is like them crazy vamps from the strain lol IDK wtf was going on but she thought she was killing for Ains? Could the mind controller be the butler?

Unless the buttler put on a dress and bent his gender that's impossible >_>
Sep 8, 2015 11:43 AM

Jul 2008
Jet_Blackhazel said:
Shalltear's true vampire form looked brutal. Wish they didnt just skim through the massacare & put more details and some explainations in it about shalltear, but oh well.

Arcanix said:
Once again, madhouse proving that they are completely clueless on how to make a novel adaptation.

all hope isn't lost yet. Though this episode was pretty bad adaptation wise, it was still entertaining.

I looked up in credits and Manabu ono (the director of mahouka) worked on the storyboard for this episode. Not surprised much about the rushed pace now.

There are still 3 eps remaining, maybe they'll handle the later stuff better. Or go typical madhouse LN adaptation route & make a rushed/original ending.

If mahouka crew is responsible for this weeks episode it would explain so much, they really have no idea how to adapt LN into anime properly.
Sep 8, 2015 11:44 AM

Sep 2013
The op scenes make allot more sense with this newest development. Almost 1 volume in 1 episode 0_0 dafuq? Damnit mad House.
Sep 8, 2015 11:47 AM

Apr 2008
Aggron said:
The op scenes make allot more sense with this newest development. Almost 1 volume in 1 episode 0_0 dafuq? Damnit mad House.

Two chapters =_= not almost a volume
Sep 8, 2015 11:52 AM

Mar 2012
I'm reading comments saying people think this episode was rushed. I didn't think it was rushed though.
Kuroookoooooo-chin!
Sep 8, 2015 11:55 AM

Sep 2014
barmar said:
Arcanix said:
They can't handle the fight better if they keep using this abomination of animation. The characters look like complete shit sometimes and in 10 episodes i can remember only 2 parts where the show had decent animation.
lol Shalltear's true form could use some work as well uhh, and never mind the very shortened duel with Brain at least put some effort in it. I mean what on earth was that slash... I think even I could've caught that barehanded.
It's hard to even look at it to compare it with this.

Lol is she fighting Uvogin? :))
Sep 8, 2015 12:16 PM

Feb 2008
i think a lot of times the go a little light on teh details to work people into reading the LN or the manga. it is a bit disappointing but i am sure even these guys know they are leaving out a lot, but with a 12 episode constraint...they gotta move things a long even if they have to leave things out. to the non LN or manga reader, the fact that she betrayed them is evident in this episode, and the next one will most certainly show how.

who would bother reading the manga or LN if there was a 1:1 adaptation?
Sep 8, 2015 12:21 PM

Jun 2009
Awwww, some of the best details were missing and Brain didn't come out as cool as I was hoping...

I was imagining more superhuman speed out of his slash...

Sep 8, 2015 12:27 PM

Nov 2013
Finally a good episode. Those episodes when Ains went as a knight in that town were all so mediocre, but this episode finally brings the goodness that made the first few episodes of this series good. Shalltear is freakin' badass too.
Sep 8, 2015 12:28 PM

Mar 2015
Jicetus said:
Shalltear was beautiful this episode. <3

Couldn't agree more
Sep 8, 2015 12:40 PM
Aug 2015
testamentKAISER said:

Good thing the red-haired girl survived.. I hope. :)

I would like to see more of her but i don't think that will happen , they will just ignore her or pretend she never existed.
Even if they didn't show her death i don't see her appearing again, just a feeling i have.
Any LN reader can tell me if she will appear again ?
Sep 8, 2015 12:42 PM

Sep 2013
That Brain Unglaus god flash was HORRIBLE :O
Whoever did that should be fired on the spot, urghhhhh :'(

Except for that monstrosity, it was good, they did skip alot of details but meh :'(
Those humans could have taken shalltear down (with no magic and equipment XD lol)

Albedo XD
Solutions death by breast :)
Sep 8, 2015 12:49 PM

Apr 2015
BIG MOOOOOOUTHS.

I can't wait to know what exactly happened to Shalltear.
Sep 8, 2015 12:59 PM

Jun 2013
Noes Shalltear, come back QQ :(.
Sep 8, 2015 1:01 PM

Oct 2013
Better than last episode, although it felt almost like filler. (I don't think it is though?) In any case it certainly felt really rushed.

The blue haired guy seemed interesting somewhat, but then we just see this vampire chick wipe the floor with him - because good fights ain't to be found in this anime. Also that fan-service with the blonde chick....

Shalltear or whatever you call her is annoying, at least she sort of establishes some sort of grey morality of Nazerick despite her being essentially the only one who cannot be considered 'angelicly good' although nobody else seems like anything other than super good people (except racism against humans) out of Nazarick. Well thats good, the closer to the grey area of morality the protagonist's side is the better (too much evil is also bad). I can only hope there will be enemies that are something else rather than 'satan incarnates' from last episode.

Albedo is as annoying as always, she seems to be a contender for #1 most one dimensional character of this anime. Her entire character is just her flipping from semi-serious to fangirling over Ainz. The fangirling thing is just soo annoying and totally ruins the serious mood of the episode. I feel like anime (in general) are too scared to show an entire 'serious' episode and feel the need to include some comedy/light-heartedness to garner to virtually every demographic they can.

Although main thing that pissed me off about Albedo is how everyone seems to compare her to 'Yuno Gasai' which is entirely baseless and makes no sense; Yuno Gasai was a *somewhat* well written (or at least well executed) for most part of her anime. She had personality and even some development & an aura of mystery for half of the anime. She was a lot more complex than Albedo, and was an actually true 'yandere', whilst Albedo is more of a caricature than a character and lacks everything that makes Yuno Gasai great leaving only the 'annoying' part, Albedo isn't a proper yandere.

Well either way I could go on and on about the faults of this episode and the anime as a whole, but since my last post on the last episode's thread wasn't particularly well received by fanboys I toned this one down severely. Also this episode being better than last one lends me a glimmer of hope that this anime may not actually end up being entirely bad.
I am a human.
Sep 8, 2015 1:11 PM

May 2013
I really liked this episode and all this negativity reminded me to NOT read a light novel before watching an anime, it would lessen my enjoyment of this fine adaptation.
Sep 8, 2015 1:16 PM

Jul 2014
AppoX said:

Why are you tormenting yourself in such a way, if you basically hate everything about this? >.> Can't understand you, but whatever... whatever floats your boat.
Sep 8, 2015 1:18 PM

Sep 2013
I was wondering who's the girl Ains is fighting in the opening, so its Shalltear. One of the mercenaries called Shalltear a lamprey lol couldnt agree more. Well last three episodes.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 8, 2015 1:25 PM

Aug 2014
The scene where Shalltear raided the camp could be longer, with twisting of heads etc..
Her true form was somewhat how I imagined her to be from the LN so all is good.
Your taste in Anime is shit.

Because you can't differentiate between what's good and bad.

How sad.
Sep 8, 2015 1:33 PM

Oct 2013
Arcanix said:
Why are you tormenting yourself in such a way, if you basically hate everything about this? >.> Can't understand you, but whatever... whatever floats your boat.

Oh God another one of those.... ''dont like it don't watch it'' that isn't really a good argument. I need to watch it in its entirety to be able to properly evaluate it. If people that disliked tv shows/anime stopped watching them after the 1st episode then WHO would review them? Only the fanboys and people that loved the show enough to continue watching after the first 1-3 episodes. You would only see ratings in the 7-10 range, not a good representation of public view of the anime to say the least.

This anime is pretty popular, many of my friends watch it and many people on the internet do as well. To be able to discuss it and actually critique this anime I actually have to watch it first. Also this season really sucked so far, not many good shows. Also ignoring all the flaws the anime is still 'enjoyable' somewhat - but you don't praise a show just because you enjoyed it.

Also come on, I even praised the show a little in my post and yet you go fanboying over telling me to stop watching and ignoring my praise however little it was just to focus on my critique. Everything needs criticism - no matter how good it is. Even my favourite anime of all time - Legend of the Galactic Heroes needs criticism to enable the possible viewer to get a clear picture beyond all the mindless fanboism.
I am a human.
Sep 8, 2015 1:47 PM

Nov 2013
^ Sorry but I find it kinda funny that you make such a big response to such a short comment and have a LotGH avatar and it in your favs lol
Sep 8, 2015 1:58 PM
Oct 2011
IDK why he's getting so worked up over this.. just ignore those filthy fanboys!
Sep 8, 2015 1:58 PM

Oct 2013
HandsomeMan said:
^ Sorry but I find it kinda funny that you make such a big response to such a short comment and have a LotGH avatar and it in your favs lol

Well I have somewhat of a 'bad' habit of always having my responses be too long.

Although I don't understand what exactly is funny about me having LotGH as my avatar and in my favs...
I am a human.
Sep 8, 2015 2:10 PM

Oct 2010
Shalltear's assault form is pretty ugly :p
Strong adventurers make their appearance!
Sep 8, 2015 2:12 PM

Apr 2008
igundam said:
Shalltear's assault form is pretty ugly :p
Strong adventurers make their appearance!

LOL Strong. If not for that Dress they would all be dead
Sep 8, 2015 2:13 PM

Nov 2013
AppoX said:
HandsomeMan said:

Well I have somewhat of a 'bad' habit of always having my responses be too long.

Although I don't understand what exactly is funny about me having LotGH as my avatar and in my favs...

Nothing wrong with liking LotGH, but writing big texts and having LotGH as your avatar is just a funny combination is all. I don't need to say why right? I mean hardcore LotGH fans have already gotten themselves a "hefty" reputation.
Sep 8, 2015 2:20 PM

Oct 2013
HandsomeMan said:

Nothing wrong with liking LotGH, but writing big texts and having LotGH as your avatar is just a funny combination is all. I don't need to say why right? I mean hardcore LotGH fans have already gotten themselves a "hefty" reputation.

I assume you consider it the 'mark of an elitist' or the like? Well that's.... perhaps true. LotGH being a really 'intelligent' classic anime is food for elitists to pray & fanboy over.

Well I certainly am a 'hardcore' LotGH fan, I consider it the best anime of all time and the Jesus of anime, I'm still awaiting the second coming(hyperbole but yeah). Well it HAD flaws despite it being 'the best' that's true, and its all my opinion anyway. If I analysed it hard enough I could write essays about it being the worst anime ever. But you could do that to any anime.

Well to be honest I haven't really seen many 'hardcore' LotGH fans on MAL.

Well at least my avatar isn't fully serious.... notice the barely visible hammer and sickle on Reinhard's uniform.. lolz.
I am a human.
Sep 8, 2015 2:23 PM

Sep 2008
Episode felt a bit rushed, but overall i enjoyed it a great deal. Conversation between Sebas and Shaltear could have been longer but other than that i enjoyed it and knew what was going on. Maybe it's because i couldn't give any less of a shit about Brain that i didn't think the fight was bad as all (i enjoyed him being completely fucked with).

Still my top anime of the season.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why do people still think the MC is trapped in a video game? ( 1 2 )

arc1only - Mar 18

51 by littlerocketman »»
Yesterday, 10:37 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

432 by RayousSR »»
Apr 24, 4:55 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2015

239 by RayousSR »»
Apr 22, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

368 by mustiest »»
Apr 17, 8:09 PM

» Why do people compare this show to SAO? ( 1 2 )

arc1only - Jan 8

58 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 31, 3:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.