Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 13, 2009 8:53 AM

Aug 2008
Siva said:
LOL, maybe?

But I would say take a good look at Disk. What is she doing?
giving medical help at the necessary areas
Dec 13, 2009 9:22 AM

Oct 2007
Kvakond said:
Siva said:
LOL, maybe?

Kekeke... at first I thought where is she touching.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 13, 2009 10:34 AM

Aug 2008
Such an epic show coming to an end...oh man, where do I get my manly anime in the cold, harsh winter? All I see is moe harem written all over the winter lineup.

It's a pretty awesome end. Now, time to look for translated scans of the manga.
Dec 13, 2009 10:41 AM

Sep 2008
so..yamada saved everyone, as expected, ok im gonna give ths anime a 9/10 cause it as great but they screwed it some times, but im sure going to miss this whole pack off epicness and ecchiness
stll is amuzin how did they managed to make cruz the main character after all...
now to read the manga

and who is the guild masterif blade isnt....
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 13, 2009 12:47 PM

Feb 2009
Kvakond said:
Siva said:
LOL, maybe?

LOL, I didn't notice the placement of her left hand.
Dec 13, 2009 1:51 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
lame x2.

facepalmed my way through the entire episode :/

6/10.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 13, 2009 1:59 PM

May 2009
Very good series I enjoyed it a lot. I actually feel satisfied with this ending even though from what I have heard the manga is still going. So I will have to go take a look at that. For a original anime ending it was pretty good. The whole series overall was great, to be honest it even went past my expectations of it. From the first few episodes it just seemed like it would be pretty generic and not much to it. It kind of grew on me over time, I ended up really enjoying it. I think what I liked the most was how they kept Yamada still human and not over powering him but made him important for his natural skills such as brains instead of relying on powers. I liked the characters too, it was all good so I will give this a solid 8/10 :)
Dec 13, 2009 2:05 PM

May 2008
That summed up a relatively bad show... only thing I really enjoyed about it was the music, especially the first op. It was a generic plot which I can stand, but they managed to make the story overall horrible. Apparently making obvious observations was something only cruz could do (Gido seemed like he would be smart with his labcoat or disk with her infinite knowledge). It's like the characters kept forgetting what their powers could do... like control of gravity would bring rocks out of the ground? Magnetism would move people who aren't magnetic? Eve's ability to change her shape allowed her to heal others? Blade kept forgetting that he had a variety of fragments throughout the show.It was as if they just said screw whatever story we've come up with so far, we'll do whatever we want. Animation was really bad, however it looked kind of like TTGL sometimes... which I liked, but needless was in an extremely lower quality version and especially this kind of shit:

Had some funny moments, which is probably how I was able to finish watching it. It kind of had an epic feel but the inconsistencies just took everything that was enjoyable about it away- except the music. I guess the ending was ok (except where cruz came in), at least it summed it up. 4/10 overall
carnivorousDec 13, 2009 2:21 PM
In the End, was it worth it?
Dec 13, 2009 2:31 PM

Jul 2008
carnivorous said:
like control of gravity would bring rocks out of the ground?

Well, yes, Gravity doesn't just change gravity, it also creates it, so you can also make people "fall" to the sky.

Magnetism would move people who aren't magnetic?

Also this is said, Magnetic World can also control things that aren't magnetic, in fact, it isn't really a "magnetic" power, but one that can move almost all things/beings near to the user.

Eve's ability to change her shape allowed her to heal others?

Yes, Eve doesn't change her shape, she can controll all her body at a very small level, so she just has to take controll of the other bodies to also change them, and heal them of course.

Animation was really bad, however it looked kind of like TTGL sometimes... which I liked, but needless was in an extremely lower quality version and especially this kind of shit:

You've taken the only two frames where that animation was intentional (and however, these things lasted for 10 seconds, and for the first of them, I liked it) lol

It's true that from the anime many things like the ones I wrote can't be understood but the animation was great, maybe one of the best of the season, and all the scenes where it "falls" are because of that *particular* scene, even in the final episodes it was really good
TommasoDSDec 13, 2009 2:35 PM
Dec 13, 2009 3:21 PM

Nov 2009
amazing series really gonna miss it, awesomeness from start to finish.
10/10
Dec 13, 2009 4:21 PM

Oct 2009
Mann i'm gonna miss this show was so great!

I really hope the Manga carrys on for ages & fingers crossed a 2nd season or OVA

so anyone know any other action packed anime like this?

I need my fix! xD
Dec 13, 2009 5:58 PM

May 2008
Oh, I do so love a good debate. Unfortunately, you seemed to have missed the point of what I said. "It's like the characters kept forgetting what their powers could do..."
Ok first
TommasoDS said:
carnivorous said:
like control of gravity would bring rocks out of the ground?

Well, yes, Gravity doesn't just change gravity, it also creates it, so you can also make people "fall" to the sky.

Exactly, you can make people fall to the sky, so why the hell was she bringing rocks out of the ground a little ways rather than crushing the enemy with intense gravity or causing them to "fall into the sky" so that the resulting drop would kill them. Basically she has so much she can do, limitless possibilities really, (it's often considered one of the strongest abilities by other anime - zatch bell, one piece, etc.) so why would she be constrained to causing rocks to rise out the ground that often miss.

TommasoDS said:
carnivorous said:
Magnetism would move people who aren't magnetic?

Also this is said, Magnetic World can also control things that aren't magnetic, in fact, it isn't really a "magnetic" power, but one that can move almost all things/beings near to the user.

Eh, her power is magnetic world... but it kind of seems more like repulsion... just look at Bartholomew Kuma from One Piece for an extreme example of it. My point is that if her power really is magnetism as it said "Magnetic World - Special Magnetic Field" why isn't it based off of metals.

TommasoDS said:
carnivorous said:
Eve's ability to change her shape allowed her to heal others?

Yes, Eve doesn't change her shape, she can controll all her body at a very small level, so she just has to take controll of the other bodies to also change them, and heal them of course.

Eve's ability is "Doppelganger - [the ability to] transform into anything, as long as it's within a reasonable range of mass." Wtf does that have to do with healing other people, if she can transform her body I'll go out on a limb and say she can heal herself, but how the hell can she heal other people. And to take control of someone's body... when did she get that power?

TommasoDS said:
carnivorous said:
Animation was really bad, however it looked kind of like TTGL sometimes... which I liked, but needless was in an extremely lower quality version and especially this kind of shit:

You've taken the only two frames where that animation was intentional (and however, these things lasted for 10 seconds, and for the first of them, I liked it) lol

Yeah, you pointed out the obvious, as I said "especially" if you want other instances of bad animation they're not hard to find, the series is filled with them, albeit not as blatantly bad as these though. Take this from the first episode...

You'd think they would try their hardest to make the first one look good and get you interested but you're left with this kind of stuff.

TommasoDS said:
It's true that from the anime many things like the ones I wrote can't be understood but the animation was great, maybe one of the best of the season, and all the scenes where it "falls" are because of that *particular* scene, even in the final episodes it was really good

er... no idea what is meant here, but from what I can tell... difference of opinions?
carnivorousDec 13, 2009 6:08 PM
In the End, was it worth it?
Dec 13, 2009 8:34 PM

Mar 2009
7/10
Dec 13, 2009 9:04 PM

Sep 2008
This show ended as expected: EPICALLY

So sad that such an awesome show ends though. Now I have nowhere to get my weekly dose of epic from.

5/5 episode.

10/10 overall.
Dec 13, 2009 9:19 PM

Dec 2007
The anime failed to follow the manga faithfully since they took many scenes out in manga. I am not sure if there is a second season someday. I actually liked this series, at least. :D
Dec 13, 2009 9:55 PM

Jan 2009
I liked the series overall, but the ending felt too rushed for me.
The first 10 eps or so were the best, but the show started lagging once they started the Simeon infiltration arc.

If they do make a second season I'll probably watch it.

7/10

Dec 14, 2009 3:04 AM

Dec 2008
Oh no that felt like Needless was one ep too short.
but hey the flying bear was cool as well as the awesome teamwork in this episode.

This show was good but sometimes it had problems with the pacing.
Do you remember how many eps they stayed in the room?

a 7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2009 3:14 AM

Sep 2009
i might get ito the manga now because i love needless and need my fix of needless xD
i liked this ending but still
it ended which means i don't know where i will get my dose of action packed anime from xD
i liked how they all worked together to defeat archlight and used all their powers together :)
going to miss the awesome soundtrack and op and ed
until i get the ost :)

Dec 14, 2009 11:09 AM

Jun 2009
Loved the entire series overall, and will definitely miss it. I have to say, though, that I did enjoy the first half or so more, but the show has never disappointed!

I'll also miss the Pretty Girl Squad, too!
Dec 14, 2009 2:52 PM
Feb 2009
I honestly don't get how people like this ending. Maybe it's just because I've seen so much anime, but I felt like this was the 100% time I've seen this generic shounen ending type bullshit and expected much better from Needless.
Dec 14, 2009 4:17 PM

Feb 2009
The anime ending was kind of cheesy, I mean even for this show, and I expected it to be a bit more epic. But as an anime original ending it was okay I guess.

The quality and enjoyment of this show is exponential. It started off quite boring, with nothing really to get excited about and I must admit I didn't enjoy the first half that much, I even got bored quite a lot. But then somehow they cranked up the epicness and... holy shit! It was like every episode made you shed manly tears from the laughter and the completely over the board awesome battles.

Overall a good action anime with great fanservice, exciting combats and cliche but enjoyable cliffhangers (spoiled in every preview -.-). It's so silly and ridiculous that it's goddamn awesome. I tend to praise shows that evolve in the good way, starting off mediocre and getting better and better, so I'll give this a 7/10. Good job Madhouse. ;)
Dec 14, 2009 8:34 PM

May 2008
This was a great show but there are many flaws in the way, still a great ending 8/10

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 15, 2009 4:29 AM

Oct 2007
A really entertaining show, I enjoyed watching most episodes. The ending is decent. Overall it gets a 7/10 from me.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Dec 15, 2009 8:55 AM

Apr 2009
And now my weekly dose of Epic & Lolis is over. D:

The ending wasn't great but at least it's better than Soul Eater ending,so I'll give it a 8/10.
This anime made me laugh so many times and had such epic moments...needless to say,I'll keep this score. ^^
Dec 15, 2009 6:18 PM

Jun 2008
It was an okay ending. I was hoping for something a bit more epic.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Dec 15, 2009 10:29 PM

Apr 2009
I have to confess to being a little disappointed with this episode. After the wicked betrayal and rise to power by Saten and Arclight's awesome resurrection and disposal of the traitor I was expecting something fantastic from the finale. Instead it was just kind of decent with God Arclight being very disappointing

7/10 for being an entertaining ride.

(Looking forward to a torrent of the OST coming out. It better have piano "Modern Strange Cowboy")
Dec 15, 2009 11:11 PM

Aug 2009
The one thing I would change would be more time spent on Arclight and Saten parts. Other than that, this show is AWESOME.

I'm rewatching it right now!
Dec 16, 2009 2:03 PM

Aug 2009
Lol, well I pretty much enjoyed the whole series, but the ending was too cliche and predictable. I thought at first that Cruz really has a power, I guess it's just his thinking abilities, lol.

Also, the God form os Arclight was really sick. It's like an improved skinny version of Goku, lmao.

Overall, I'm giving this show a 9.
Dec 18, 2009 7:39 PM
Dec 2009
This show started out so good, so why did it devolve into this steaming pile of crap?
Dec 24, 2009 12:49 PM

Oct 2009
Ok ending was ok. The series got kinda gay about halfway through, they should have focused more on lols and panty shots instead of trying to add a story. Still, there were three great reasons to watch this anime: Eve, Mio, and that cute girl who never talks. For that, Needless gets a 7 / 10.
Dec 25, 2009 7:25 PM

Aug 2009
WHO IS THIS?!

Dec 26, 2009 12:30 PM

Oct 2009
I Blast the OP while playing xbox360 gets me all pumped up rofl
Dec 27, 2009 2:59 AM

Feb 2009
blade517 said:
WHO IS THIS?!

Since it has a distinct difference in animation I'd say that the picture is taken from a manga cover, which probably means that the girl is a manga character that was never introduced in the anime. (I have not read the manga it's only a qualified guess)
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Dec 29, 2009 1:19 AM

Jan 2008
i am for sure going to miss this show. it wasn't the most satisfying ending ever. something was missing, but i have come to not expect greatness from shows these days. still, it was a fun ride the whole way. i was kinda hoping cruz had some ultimate uber fragment in the end but i guess that would be too much of a bull shit ending.
Dec 29, 2009 2:28 PM

Oct 2007
blade517 said:
WHO IS THIS?!

We must have a season 2 to explain who the hell that is.
Dec 29, 2009 9:46 PM

Oct 2009
cr4sian_phil said:
blade517 said:
WHO IS THIS?!

Amen to that!
Dec 30, 2009 4:08 PM

Jun 2008
SoulFlyy said:
cr4sian_phil said:
blade517 said:
WHO IS THIS?!

Amen to that!

Seriously! I've been wondering the entire season when that person was gonna show up. :/
Jan 1, 2010 5:50 AM

May 2009
No more panty shots?
Jan 1, 2010 6:16 AM

Apr 2008
9.5/10

Loved the show. This is what I'm looking for

The transition for the comedy was always good. The ecchi quality is just in the right level. Plot was excellent. The fighting was just detailed unlike some anime where they just throw something and let determination decide (eg. Fate Stay Night last ep?).

Characters are excellent. I've got to put Cruz/Yamada to the bottom for the rankings

All the girls were amazing and full of moe....Seto with her big reaper sword, Solva with her split personality, Disc's loli figure, Mio-tan's loli overload, Eve is an airhead cutie...and most especially Kuchinashi is full of moe XD

Oh yeah poor Kurumi...gonna miss those panty shots
SylpheedJan 1, 2010 6:26 AM

Jan 6, 2010 8:40 PM

Dec 2007
TommasoDS said:
I have to admit that I started HATING this show when Saten become mad, all the "Yeah I'm mad but I can do everything (also hide my Zero to Blade, so he can only absorb my Wave) so it's ok".
And Arclight, omg Arclight, he's god, then he dies, then he revive thanks to Riru that transforms herself into a giga-energy-sphere together with him, then he- what?!
And also, in 3 episodes there's more useless and senseless action than in the whole anime.

This was even more horrible than Soul Eater's end, and that was REALLY bad; the best episode was Goldie Locks imo.

It's great that the manga is still publishing, so I can read the Needless that I like: the normal (and not on drugs) one.

I'll admit. The ending wasn't great but it's not as bas as Soul Eaters >_>. Seriously, Soul Eaters was pure face palm compared to this ending.

Was less interesting when the pretty girl squad group left =(. And I'm amazed they spent half the series in one room lol.

8/10
Jan 10, 2010 11:09 PM
Aug 2009
Ending ruined everything,IF my sister tried to kill me more than 4 times i WOULD NOT have healed her ,and cliche...and at first i was abset those three girls lived...But in the end i was actually happy cause they are a good edition to the show,Aruka pissed the fuck out of me,1 vs 1 battle arclight vs blade was really needed,Gayness in the end,CMON such a good anime ended in a shithole,And i was expecting some kind of power cruz would have and its ''THINKING''

OMG they proabably thought this ''So people can do good in skool lets give him a power of thinking and make him a main char,so then kids would learn that Vulcan shock ignition and Fourth wave are nothing compared to a pen!''

Anyways this anime could have been done in such a better way,Less ecchi,More fights,More epicness ...But instead turned into ''CLICHE'' itself
Jan 11, 2010 12:22 AM

Aug 2008
buzbe said:
Anyways this anime could have been done in such a better way,Less ecchi,More fights,More epicness
..I don't even..

(i agree with the rest btw)
Jan 11, 2010 4:29 PM

Oct 2009
buzbe said:
Ending ruined everything,IF my sister tried to kill me more than 4 times i WOULD NOT have healed her ,and cliche...and at first i was abset those three girls lived...But in the end i was actually happy cause they are a good edition to the show,Aruka pissed the fuck out of me,1 vs 1 battle arclight vs blade was really needed,Gayness in the end,CMON such a good anime ended in a shithole,And i was expecting some kind of power cruz would have and its ''THINKING''

OMG they proabably thought this ''So people can do good in skool lets give him a power of thinking and make him a main char,so then kids would learn that Vulcan shock ignition and Fourth wave are nothing compared to a pen!''

Anyways this anime could have been done in such a better way,Less ecchi,More fights,More epicness ...But instead turned into ''CLICHE'' itself

yeah i agree with everything

but not the sister part at the end of the day cruz loved his sister still you can't just turn your feelings off like that he followed his heart not his brain lol but yeah was a stupid thing to do but i can see why he healed her
Jan 11, 2010 11:38 PM

Jan 2009
this show is good full of action and laughs and i like the sci-fi part of there powers as well only complain for me about this show is that im expecting the drawing and animation to be smooth and fluid like those on dead leaves or tengen toppa gurren lagann so 8/10 for me
Jan 29, 2010 6:28 PM

Oct 2008
I liked the show much more than i thought i would and overall i found it good, with two exceptions, Cruz and the ending.

Cruz is a very ineffectively portrayed character. He basically has no redeeming qualities other than slightly higher wit, BUT his quick thinking ability is not on the level of code geass or death note, thus he never really transcends in to becoming a schemer/tactician instead of just a person to be protected constantly. He also barely progresses through out the show. The series would have improved just making blade the main character since everything seems to focus on him entirely anyway. Blade ends up getting together with eve as well, but cruz... just nothing.

The ending was very rushed. Too many things happened too quickly without much support. Of particular note is everything to do with cruz's sister. She is the reason he is where he is and is everything to him, but no time is spent on her. Cruz doesn't say anything to her or confront her at all after the fact. Then during the final battle they talk as if nothing has happened. Then of course at the end she leaves without a word. total letdown is all i could think.

Why is everyone ultra loyal to Archlight? They aren't some goody group of heroes that values loyalty, archlight has gone out of his way to value power above all. Ok, riru loves him and that explains that, but everyone else is way too loyal to him. Why does aruka betray her brother for him? the end makes it seem like she was loyal to him to create somewhere without fighting, but the only reason she would do that is to protect him and she tried to kill him! it makes no sense AT ALL. We saw scenes of her protecting her brother as a child so something insanely huge must have happened at some point in her life that made her give up all of her feelings for her brother and become obsessively loyal to archlight, but this is never shone or hinted at even.

I was extremely surprised when the pretty girl squad went out of their way to try to support archlight when whats his name tried to take over his position as such a situation seems like it would be common in an environment like that.
Mar 15, 2010 6:24 PM

Jan 2009
Okay. I probably dropped about 50 IQ points watching this show.

.....but I loved every second of it. 9/10
Mar 21, 2010 3:29 PM

Jul 2009
I first wanted to watch this show because it seemed exeptionally trashy to me...

But the ending was somehow too trashy for me.

Dropped the vote :/

9/10 -> 8/10
May 11, 2010 12:41 PM

Jun 2008
kawaiimisato said:
i am for sure going to miss this show. it wasn't the most satisfying ending ever. something was missing, but i have come to not expect greatness from shows these days. still, it was a fun ride the whole way. i was kinda hoping cruz had some ultimate uber fragment in the end but i guess that would be too much of a bull shit ending.
I expected the same too. But I guess if for 23 episodes the kid didn't even reveal a hint of power, it's unlikely it'll ever happen.

The story seems to have gotten so very serious with that flashback. It wasn't intentionally funny anymore, but just ridiculously funny. I'll give it a 8, too. For all the intentional hilarious scenes, and the ridiculously funny scenes. The plot uh, disregarded as to why Blade never used Graviton or whathaveyou in the first battle and other stuff. Like that loyalty thing, too, I guess. And the ever-so-annoying Cruz.
May 22, 2010 5:52 PM

Feb 2010
I don't know, but... I just fuckin' LOVED this anime.
Got sooo many laugh-burstouts while watching it.. my roommate thought I was crazy. :'D
Really, I'm gonna miss it. I guess I'll go reading the manga for now, untill I find an equivalent series.
Aug 4, 2010 1:49 AM

Apr 2010
wow needless ended kind of suddenly. once the fight was over credits started popping up. well good show i rate 9/10. i dont think there will be a second season though. but if there was then ill watch it
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Needless Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OmegaDenmad - Dec 3, 2009

52 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 2:47 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 21 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 20, 2009

49 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 1:54 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 20 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 12, 2009

41 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 1:25 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 19 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 5, 2009

45 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 1:01 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Oct 29, 2009

85 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 2, 2023 3:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.