Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 18, 2015 2:28 PM

Nov 2014
I must admit that the atmosphere of distrust makes it somewhat difficult to get attached to the characters--any one can turn out to be the traitor working against the group, making me cautious about getting attached to any specific character. It also does not help that we know almost nothing about the characters, other than Adlet, Nachetanya, and Flamie.

Out of the 2 characters who seem mostly in the clear:
1. I dislike like Flamie, because I consider her situation too standard of a sob story. While stories are, by definition, artificial, her backstory and the way she relays it calls attention to this fact too strongly, making it difficult to sympathize with her.

2. I hated Adlet in episode 1 because of his disruption of the tournament and his ostentatious flouting of rules. He has since then improved immensely, but the bad first impression he made on me remains with him, to the point that I still dislike him. I find the approach to his backstory an even worse version of what offends me about Flamie's, though admittedly my lingering dislike of him from episode 1 may have colored how I received his backstory (I was rolling my eyes while watching Homura Akemi's backstory and skipped Kiritsugu Emiya's episodes entirely for similar reasons).

But Maura managed to make a good impression on me despite the general atmosphere of distrust. Her commanding presence, deep voice, and seeming concern for her team mates and team cohesion makes her a very comforting presence. The show did a very good job with her character despite how little time they spent.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 18, 2015 2:39 PM

Aug 2015
Voted Goldof. He's so loyal to the princess even though she acts the most suspicious and is most likely to be the 7th. He was also looking for the brave-killer before we even saw him so that clears him in my eyes.
Aug 18, 2015 2:43 PM

Jul 2014
Beleaguered soldier at fort should be an option. Everyone else is a pretty annoying and shallow 2d character. Come on, cat sounds, you'd punch that douchebag in the face after 10 seconds of talking with him in real life.
Aug 18, 2015 2:44 PM

Apr 2015
Sokah said:
Beleaguered soldier at fort should be an option.

You mean Lauren?
TylaenAug 18, 2015 2:49 PM
Aug 18, 2015 2:47 PM

Dec 2013
Fremy for sure !
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Aug 18, 2015 11:33 PM

Nov 2009
I'm torn between Adlet (the most interesting character in my opinion) and Fremy (the most likeable girl).
Aug 19, 2015 12:16 AM
Oct 2013
Adlet then Fremy/Flamie. The rest are simply not within my palate.
ExplodingGirlAug 20, 2015 10:33 AM
Aug 19, 2015 6:46 AM

Feb 2011
IncestEmblem said:

Out of the 2 characters who seem mostly in the clear:
1. I dislike like Flamie, because I consider her situation too standard of a sob story. While stories are, by definition, artificial, her backstory and the way she relays it calls attention to this fact too strongly, making it difficult to sympathize with her.

2. I hated Adlet in episode 1 because of his disruption of the tournament and his ostentatious flouting of rules. He has since then improved immensely, but the bad first impression he made on me remains with him, to the point that I still dislike him. I find the approach to his backstory an even worse version of what offends me about Flamie's, though admittedly my lingering dislike of him from episode 1 may have colored how I received his backstory (I was rolling my eyes while watching Homura Akemi's backstory and skipped Kiritsugu Emiya's episodes entirely for similar reasons).

Wow, I love Adlet for exactly the reason you said. A lot of MCs Ive seen have notions of honor and pride, which while cool, does make a lot of them very similar. Its refreshing to get a MC whos so different and blatantly cheats in his battles. His method of fighting is very interesting, using all sorts of different weapons, making it refreshing to watch each of his battles. And I love his self confidence. His belief that he is the strongest in the world makes him arrogant to the others, but its nice to not get an indecisive MC or a blockheaded one, and I personally like the self confidence - I wish more MCs had that.

And then theres the fact hes actually intelligent. How many shonen protagonists do you know are actually that smart, but also not a genius? Most shows are at one extreme or another (ex Light, genius type, or Gon, somewhat clever but blockhead-y type), but this guy is just above average intelligence, and he actively uses that, such as when he tracks Flemy down in the town outskirts.

Lastly, I really like his backstory and appearance at the tournament. It wasnt as cliche as other "evil guy murdered my clan" stories, and I like that he proactively sought out a master and trained under him. Most other stories, like Rurouni Kenshin for example, have the MC coincidentally finding the master or vice versa, but Adlet went out of his way to decide his own destiny. I generally appreciate that a lot more in stories, rather than by luck. And his appearance at the tournament was great - he had to prove himself to the goddess of fate at that tournament, so he showed up and truly proved himself. If this was like any other shonen, he wouldve just been a chosen one, and that wouldve been it. Instead, he had to show his strength to be selected.

Edit: As far as the other MCs, I really like the cast in general, but thats because Ive been able to see their progression and growth in the LNs Ive read. I think my next favorites after Adlet are Fremy then Hans probably. I also like a certain villain who shows up quite a bit too.
DragonAug 19, 2015 6:49 AM
Aug 19, 2015 7:36 AM

Sep 2014
where is the "apple girl from the beginning" option?

Voted for flamie, adlet as an MC is also quite nice.

If I would be a part of that group I would just sit there laughing about the idiot who sayed: lets meet at the temple that could get easily abused to lock us all in since none of us seems to know how to get out of the fog.
This and ranting about the saint who build the gate thats totally useless when it comes to beeing a proper gate but is awesome when you want a mystery thing going on.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 19, 2015 7:42 AM

Feb 2011
Comander-07 said:

If I would be a part of that group I would just sit there laughing about the idiot who sayed: lets meet at the temple that could get easily abused to lock us all in since none of us seems to know how to get out of the fog.
This and ranting about the saint who build the gate thats totally useless when it comes to beeing a proper gate but is awesome when you want a mystery thing going on.

You mean Nachetanya? You do realize it was her at prison right?
Aug 19, 2015 7:46 AM

Sep 2014
NowOrNever88 said:
Comander-07 said:

You mean Nachetanya? You do realize it was her at prison right?

oh.. and there goes my favorite character.
Aug 19, 2015 10:04 AM

Apr 2013
Chamot and Hans, well Chamot looks way too dificult to read and we don't know nothing for her except that she is the most Powerful Saint after the Saint of the Flower herself, that makes it quite intriguing, also her character looks the most sadist one and I really like her childish personality. Hans is also mytserious and this Nya makes him adorale, but I went for Chamot, it may change though.
Honorable mention Flamie (but we already know much about her so nothing new to discover)
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Aug 19, 2015 11:27 AM
Jan 2014
I voted for Nach. What people brush off is her past. Her father wanted her dead, and she ran in fear for X amount of years. She obviously wasn't very loved even before he ordered her dead if that was the case. I'm surprised she's as well off as she is. Can't forget the fact that she hadn't seen the outside world for awhile, was very sheltered and as such certain interactions and situations are new to her.

I like Fremy too. They're both great.
Aug 22, 2015 12:23 PM

Sep 2012
Favourite characters Flamie, Adlet and Hanz. Flamie and Adlet on nr.1 and Hanz on 2 . Totally dislike chamot though, annoys the fuck out of me.
I am better than you.
Aug 22, 2015 12:55 PM

Apr 2013
Adlet, of course, the strongest man in the world!

I'm a sucker for idealist characters, that struggle and struggle to make what they believe into truth.

He doesn't have the powers of a saint or is specially gifted yet he overcomes all adversity with critical thinking, ingenuity, effort, and using every single tool at his disposal and that is why he is the strongest in the world. It's rather inspiring.

Also cause he is the strongest man in the world.
starmaker032Aug 22, 2015 1:14 PM
Aug 22, 2015 1:23 PM

Aug 2015
Alongside Favaro, Adlet is probably the best fantasy MC out there, and for the genre nearly all are either mediocre or overused, or both.
The entire cast for Rokka is a breath of fresh air really, because I can't see any of them following an anime trope to the dot with all being very niche.
Aug 22, 2015 1:25 PM

Aug 2013
Hans is my favorite character. Quite sad Episode 8 got delayed since we were gonna see more character progress in Hans' side ;-;
Aug 22, 2015 2:59 PM
Jan 2014
starmaker032 said:

I'm a sucker for idealist characters, that struggle and struggle to make what they believe into truth.

He doesn't have the powers of a saint or is specially gifted yet he overcomes all adversity with critical thinking, ingenuity, effort, and using every single tool at his disposal and that is why he is the strongest in the world. It's rather inspiring.

He is not the strongest man in the world. That would be Gilgamesh. How dare you.
Aug 23, 2015 4:27 AM

Sep 2014
CJKDR said:
starmaker032 said:

He is not the strongest man in the world. That would be Gilgamesh. How dare you.

since everything characters in anime say is always right - he is the strongest man in the world. He even told us about this :P
Aug 23, 2015 4:37 AM

Aug 2015
Comander-07 said:

since everything characters in anime say is always right - he is the strongest man in the world. He even told us about this :P

What the hell are you talking about? There is so much evidence to go against that statement. Hell, the only reason you might think this is if you didn't care about the character development in episode 6 and 7.

If that was sarcasm I didn't notice it.
Aug 23, 2015 5:10 AM

Aug 2015
Mora best milf ;D
Aug 23, 2015 8:03 AM

Jan 2009
adlet is awesome. i also really like hans and flamie (but i couldn't stand her before), the others are annoying
Aug 23, 2015 8:53 AM

Sep 2014
Frrrosty said:
Comander-07 said:

What the hell are you talking about? There is so much evidence to go against that statement. Hell, the only reason you might think this is if you didn't care about the character development in episode 6 and 7.

you will understand after reading tons of discussions based on "But character XY told that...." for some people everything that is told by some anime characters is always 100% true even if the character cant know what he is talking about. seems legit
Aug 23, 2015 11:55 AM

Apr 2013
Frrrosty said:
Comander-07 said:

Just wait for it, I'm sure there will soon be no doubt that Adlet is the strongest man in the world!

Next ep he is sure to kick Hans ass and soon all the others all while finding the 7th and there will be no doubt that he is the strongest man in
Comander-07 said:
Frrrosty said:

you will understand after reading tons of discussions based on "But character XY told that...." for some people everything that is told by some anime characters is always 100% true even if the character cant know what he is talking about. seems legit

Or because Fremy is wrong and she is just simply unable to adequately measure the power level of the strongest man in the world.

Hans caught him off guard but soon enough Adlet will get serious and there will be doubt he is the strongest man in the world.

Also I second Comander-07-sama if Adlet says he is the strongest man in the world, without a doubt he is the strongest man in the world.
Aug 23, 2015 12:29 PM

Aug 2015
@starmaker032 You forget that the reason why he says this line is not because he is the strongest man in the world, it's his morale booster and an idealisation he pursues.
Aug 23, 2015 12:52 PM

Aug 2012
Malighos said:
Favourite characters Flamie, Adlet and Hanz. Flamie and Adlet on nr.1 and Hanz on 2 . Totally dislike chamot though, annoys the fuck out of me.

You read my mind bro.
Aug 23, 2015 1:18 PM

Jul 2015
ViciLockhart said:
Mora best milf ;D

That was perfect. Completely perfect.
Aug 23, 2015 1:21 PM

Jul 2015
My favorites are definitely Hans and Chamot. But after seeing her power... Oh god. I kind of like that neutral friendship the two have going on. It's kind of funny how at the time Nashetania has only one vote, I didn't know so many people don't care for her.
Aug 23, 2015 2:24 PM

Dec 2013
voted Flamie. I Love Her and I Really believe in her.
Sarrow_00Jun 27, 2016 8:59 PM
Aug 23, 2015 2:57 PM

Aug 2010
Cool to see the best 3 dominating the poll with best girl in the lead <3
Aug 23, 2015 8:08 PM

Feb 2010
razor007 said:
voted Flamie. I Loved Him and Really believed that Flamie is not The seventh.

flamie is a she
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Aug 23, 2015 9:56 PM

Apr 2013
Frrrosty said:
@starmaker032 You forget that the reason why he says this line is not because he is the strongest man in the world, it's his morale booster and an idealisation he pursues.

Half/half it's a moral booster because IT IS TRUE if it wasn't true then it wouldn't help him to keep going!
Aug 24, 2015 12:39 AM

Nov 2009
starmaker032 said:
Frrrosty said:

Half/half it's a moral booster because IT IS TRUE if it wasn't true then it wouldn't help him to keep going!

Adlet might not be the strongest man in the world, but he is close enough for all practical purposes. People like Fremy tend to underestimate him, because it is hard to measure the power of his tools and tricks, but they are a real strength too.
If he wasn't the strongest man, how could he escape from the temple with 6 other top of the world fighters present?
Aug 24, 2015 2:52 AM

Dec 2013
hazerddex said:
razor007 said:
voted Flamie. I Loved Him and Really believed that Flamie is not The seventh.

flamie is a she

yes, sry for my boner. :D
Aug 24, 2015 4:43 PM

Feb 2010
Flamie adlet fallowed by Charmot and han don't care much for the other three
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Aug 24, 2015 4:45 PM
Jan 2014
Fremy and Adlet, definitely. Runner-up would be Hans.
Aug 24, 2015 10:39 PM

Apr 2013
flannan said:
starmaker032 said:

Adlet might not be the strongest man in the world, but he is close enough for all practical purposes. People like Fremy tend to underestimate him, because it is hard to measure the power of his tools and tricks, but they are a real strength too.
If he wasn't the strongest man, how could he escape from the temple with 6 other top of the world fighters present?

What I wanted to get across was that Adlet has no doubt he is the strongest man in the world if I was him I wouldn't be saying "I'm the strongest man in the world" just to pump me up, it would pump me up because I would be 100% sure that I'm the strongest man in the world.

Hope that makes sense.
Aug 24, 2015 11:41 PM

Nov 2009
starmaker032 said:
flannan said:

What I wanted to get across was that Adlet has no doubt he is the strongest man in the world if I was him I wouldn't be saying "I'm the strongest man in the world" just to pump me up, it would pump me up because I would be 100% sure that I'm the strongest man in the world.

Hope that makes sense.

That makes sense.
It's just that Adlet's head is a mess, so him saying he's the world's strongest is a mix of both.
Aug 27, 2015 5:12 AM

Nov 2013
I like them all apart from chamot (due to obvious reasons) and maura (due to spoilers happening later in the LNs).
Aug 27, 2015 8:39 AM

Nov 2014
Adlet is three hundred meters ahead, in my cool character list. Although I disliked flemy at first, her concern for Adlet is too cute. I hope she isn't the

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS "second" seven END SPOILERS.

Adlet with his thoughtest guy in the world mentality should have been more smart in volume three, he is the darning detective Sherlock Holmes of the group and that's his main quality, it can't be over shadowed.
GhoultulhuAug 27, 2015 8:48 AM

Aug 27, 2015 8:47 AM

Nov 2014
Adlet is the strongest man in the world, not in terms of firepower.That refers to his very high will power and optimism. Goldof is way stronger than him and can wipe ten kyoma in ten seconds while Adlet may not be able to kill them at all. If goldof where to get a weaponless Adlet in a bear hug, it would be the end, it goes without saying. But Goldof and Mora can't go against Hans. Because Hans is too fast and strong for them, the only way is to best him using brains. That's why is the strongest, he knows how to kill everyone in the group.
It's constantly proven throught the lightnovel that Adlet is the weakest man in the group in terms of physical strength, but he's the best leader possible.

Aug 27, 2015 9:20 AM

Jun 2015
I actually like all of the characters - or rather, I can appreciate their presence and justify their existence even if I don't necessarily like them within the context of the story. So I don't really have a favorite. If I had to pick, though, I would choose Adlet, followed by Hans and Flamie in that order.

Goldov and Maura are kind of blank slates - still waiting for more development for them.

My least favorite character would definitely by Chamot. I think she is a good character, but man do I want her to die XD
Sep 2, 2015 12:30 AM
Sep 2015
I'm pleasantly surprised to see Maura ahead of Nashetanya and Goldov, despite not having a backstory, character development or much screen time yet. :) The lady has potential.
Sep 2, 2015 12:36 AM

Nov 2009
Starcatcher07 said:
I'm pleasantly surprised to see Maura ahead of Nashetanya and Goldov, despite not having a backstory, character development or much screen time yet. :) The lady has potential.

4 votes? that might have been LN readers.
Sep 2, 2015 12:53 AM
Sep 2015
flannan said:
Starcatcher07 said:

4 votes? that might have been LN readers.

One of them is me who is not an LN reader. :p I thought she would be dead last as she is pretty much still a blank state who hasn't even revealed her powers yet. I forgot that there are LN readers here too.

Nachetanya having only 2 votes is hilarious though.
Sep 2, 2015 2:08 AM

Nov 2009
Starcatcher07 said:
Nachetanya having only 2 votes is hilarious though.

Agreed. She's quite cute and has that popular "I'll get stronger as the story progresses" thing going on.
Sep 2, 2015 2:16 AM

Feb 2014
well the only characters i like are Adlet, Flamie and Hans the others can go die for all i care
Sep 5, 2015 11:22 AM
Aug 2012
Hans, but it was a tough choice between him and Adlet.

But truly, no surprises with the result, Flamie, Hans, and Adlet are miles ahead of other characters. They are the ones most interesting.
Sep 5, 2015 8:26 PM

Dec 2013
The results of this poll are a perfect representation of how I feel about the characters in this series. Hans, Adlet and Fremie are my favs in no particular order, while the other 4 I think are either uninteresting or complete shit.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Sep 5, 2015 8:30 PM

Oct 2013
Kuro_Yuuki said:
The results of this poll are a perfect representation of how I feel about the characters in this series. Hans, Adlet and Fremie are my favs in no particular order, while the other 4 I think are either uninteresting or complete shit.

I do believe the results of this poll are a perfect representation of how virtually everybody feels about the characters in this series.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2015

983 by ItsViny »»
Apr 22, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Who is the strongest of the braves? ( 1 2 )

jbeat - Jul 25, 2015

65 by Talamare »»
Apr 16, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2015

292 by alphxmane »»
Jan 10, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2015

884 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2015

576 by Gator »»
Nov 28, 2023 8:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.