Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 1, 2015 9:07 AM

Jul 2015
hi, i just finished fate/zero, someone can explain me what happened in the end ?
i didn't watch fate/stay night yet so please don't spoil :)
Aug 1, 2015 9:08 AM

Jun 2015
What parts of it do you not understand?
Aug 1, 2015 9:08 AM

Apr 2015
no, go watch stay night
Aug 1, 2015 9:19 AM

Aug 2014
..It's a pretty straightforward ending. What's there not to understand?

Aug 1, 2015 9:19 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Everything will clarify when you watch stay night
Aug 1, 2015 9:32 AM

Jul 2015
oh thanks, i'll watch stay night then, but you reccomend me to watch Fate stay night or Fate stay night : Unlimited Blade Works ? Its a remake or ?
Aug 1, 2015 9:34 AM

Feb 2015
Aug 1, 2015 9:37 AM

Aug 2014
Fapinou said:
oh thanks, i'll watch stay night then, but you reccomend me to watch Fate stay night or Fate stay night : Unlimited Blade Works ? Its a remake or ?

The VN is your best bet because both of them are pretty bad adaptations (or so I've heard). Fate/Stay night UBW is the better of the two. It's not a remake, it's just an adaptation of the second story route, whereas the Fate/stay night by DEEN is an adaptation of the first story route.
Aug 1, 2015 10:07 AM

Jul 2015
so i have to watch both ?
Aug 1, 2015 10:08 AM

Feb 2015
^I already replied
Aug 1, 2015 10:08 AM

Aug 2014
Fapinou said:

i didn't watch fate/stay night yet so please don't spoil :)

That's the problem.
Aug 1, 2015 10:17 AM

Jul 2015
yeah but he told me that there are 2 story route, so idk :s
Aug 1, 2015 10:26 AM

Jun 2015
I think Fate/Zero's ending can be explained even without Fate/stay night. What parts do you not understand?
Aug 1, 2015 10:28 AM

Jul 2013
your best bet was watching stuff according to release order, but it's too late now
Aug 1, 2015 10:36 AM

Jul 2015
AltoRoark99 said:
I think Fate/Zero's ending can be explained even without Fate/stay night. What parts do you not understand?

thanks ;) i didn't understand :

-why and how Kotomine Kirei revive
-what happend between the fight Kiritsugu vs Kirei
-the apocalypse, archer say that its the wish of Kirei, but he didn't even win the battle for the graal

That's all, but if the answer is a spoil from stay night, don't tell me ^^
Aug 1, 2015 11:05 AM

Jun 2015
Fapinou said:
-why and how Kotomine Kirei revive

It was vaguely explained in the dialogue between Kirei and Gilgamesh. It had something to do with Gil's reincarnation and his magical bond with Kirei. Other than that I don't really know.

Fapinou said:
-what happend between the fight Kiritsugu vs Kirei

The grail was basically "taking form". Not sure if it was explained in Fate/Zero, but in Fate/stay night it was said that the grail gradually "materializes" during the war and eventually chooses the most worthy master. Kiritsugu wasn't worthy enough to get his true wish, so he rejected it.

Fapinou said:
-the apocalypse, archer say that its the wish of Kirei, but he didn't even win the battle for the graal

In a moral sense, Kirei was "worthy" because he accepted his desires and persued them in his own terms, unlike Kiritsugu, who contradicted his own ideals and relied on a miracle to come and grant his wish for him. Fate is less about a battle of strength and more about a battle of morals.
Aug 1, 2015 11:23 AM

Feb 2015
^thing is you will get a better understanding once you watch FSN.But then again,if you really want to fall into the cobweb confusion that exists with the adaptations then....
Aug 1, 2015 11:35 AM

Jul 2015
everything is clear now, thank you very much man ^^ and yeah i'm gonna watch FSN right now ; but i'm very confused about the 2 story route, i'm gonna watch both i think
Aug 1, 2015 11:37 AM

Feb 2015
http://myanimelist.net/anime/22297/Fate_stay_night:_Unlimited_Blade_Works_

as I said,just watch this one..the other one is crap
Aug 12, 2015 2:09 PM

May 2012
Fapinou said:
but i'm very confused about the 2 story route, i'm gonna watch both i think
I'm not familiar with the visual novel content except the Prologue (only started the Fate route a bit after that). But there are actually three routes - Fate route, Unlimited Blade Works route, and Heaven's Feel route (which will have an upcoming movie(s) soon). Mainly, F/SN won't be the ensemble cast type in terms of focusing. In fact, it's the opposite, focusing only on one or two main characters with a few secondary characters like Rin and Archer (not Gilgamesh Archer btw). All three routes have different character focus and the story in all three routes are one-thirds of the other, i.e. you require to know Fate route, followed by UBW route, then HF route in that order, in order to get the whole fragments together, as well as the characterizations of most of the characters, but mainly Shirou, since each route deals with how he handles his ideals.
In terms of main focuses, Fate route mainly deals with Saber and her storyline. UBW deals with clash of ideals between F/SN Archer and Shirou, as well as Archer's story. While Heaven's Feel route mainly focuses on Rider and Sakura. Each route has different scenarios to the fate of the characters. Some die easily in one route, but stayed alive longer in another route. Methods of death of any characters would be different, as well as who vs. who in battles is different per route. Shirou's resolve to his ideals would be kinda different per route etc. Even though each has a common prologue but different beginning and ending, but F/SN mainly deals with the theme of ideals and focus more on characterization instead of story. F/Z focuses heavily on story because it serves as a sort of a complimentary document on the insights of the 4th Holy Grail War.
Now for the anime adaptations....this is where flaws begin. I've watched all Fate anime adaptations to date and read a lot of threads. All I can tell you is that, like others said, avoid the old Fate/stay night anime made by Studio Deen which aired in 2006. That one was meant to be an adaptation of the Fate route, but unfortunately it butchered Shirou's character completely and had mixed elements of other two routes, which became a mess in the end. So avoid it, lol. The only good things from it were the OSTs and OP/ED songs.
Then the 2010 movie adaptation of UBW route by Studio Deen was such a rushed adaptation of that route, which became a meaningless action movie. Again, avoid it.
Ufotable's adaptation of UBW route in 2014 was much better than Deen's versions. But, from reading many comments from visual novel fans, it was another unsatisfactory adaptation. The 1st cour I liked it a lot, but it indeed has some flaws. But then in April this year when the 2nd cour aired, the pacing not only was a mess, but a lot of fights were done like as if the studio was going through the motions, and some moments seem rushed as well, and Shirou's characterization once again, wasn't fully fleshed out, but still a hell lot better than how Deen handled his character. Many people wanted important monologues which are totally important for his characterization and exploration inside his head, but nope, none of that were present. This whole series felt empty after I watched it. The only good thing they did was the Prologue episode, and first episode as well. The prologue episode imo was almost following the visual novel. Still, Ufotable made a mess overall since they let a noob director to direct this route's adaptation, and unfortunately, he doesn't seem to have much experience, since he butchered one story arc of Kara no Kyoukai (6th movie), so people were worried about UBW when he was officially confirmed to be the one to direct it, and...it all came true in terms of all those worries~ so he has now earned more hatred from a lot of Fate fans, lol. Secondly, Ufotable really should've adapted Fate route first, given how UBW relies heavily on Fate route's knowledge. People that may/may not have awareness of the routes and focuses will complain how Saber was not as focused here and almost treated her like a support character. But still, if you do not wanna read the VN, then this adaptation is a good start, but do be aware of routes and focuses etc. as I said above.
Thirdly, there is a rumour going around that HF route will only have one movie, which does not do the route any justice if this were the case. So if this is really the case in the future, then for details, you require to read the VN. So overall, you either read the VN for everything (each route), or watch cautiously of each anime adaptations, or just the Ufotable ones, but do note that they won't be perfect, unless Ufotable redeemed themselves in HF movie(s).
chaosflame5Aug 12, 2015 2:43 PM
Aug 17, 2015 7:37 PM

Jun 2015
Forgetfulness said:
AltoRoark99 said:
Kiritsugu wasn't worthy enough to get his true wish, so he rejected it.
In a moral sense, Kirei was "worthy" because he accepted his desires and persued them in his own terms, unlike Kiritsugu, who contradicted his own ideals and relied on a miracle to come and grant his wish for him. Fate is less about a battle of strength and more about a battle of morals.

Wat. That's not even correct

Well I feel like a dumbass now.
Aug 22, 2015 3:26 PM

Mar 2013
Holy shit I feel more confused now than when I first came to this thread.
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Aug 22, 2015 3:40 PM

Aug 2014
Read fate/stay night

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.