Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (12) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jul 18, 2015 1:46 PM
Dec 2014
I don't watch streams anyway (I have standards) but how about region locking? Will this actually be available worldwide without restrictions or is it the usual copyright fuckery?
Jul 18, 2015 2:02 PM

Jan 2015
KamijouTouma310 said:
Oh also just so you know thanks to this i cant goto funi or crunchy (when i actually go there once in a blue moon) and link on their forums mal links anymore (reason because mal is competition for them).
Sorry xinil but You fucked up.

Now that mal is no longer just an informational database. No Anime site whether legal or not wishes us to link anything from mal. So Have fun losing potential members and losing actual members too.

Also this is worse then classic mal. They took one step forward and took a million back.

Also i don't understand how so many people can say this is good without fucking cringing so hard they piss themselves. Mal has continuously fucked up over the last 3 years i've been here. Nothing they have done was good and all the changes for 2015 aside from just 1 (which was telling crave to fuck off) have all been horrible choices that will eventually lead to this sites downfall.

Next time you make such a big decision think about the long term consequences.

Really, they won't let people link here anymore?

Wow, FAIL!!
Jul 18, 2015 2:39 PM

Jun 2009
this could be a good thing for the industry if MAL plays their cards right but going by past actions, MAL definitely won't play their cards right.
Jul 18, 2015 3:08 PM

Jan 2012
Wow, pretty cool news! :D
Jul 18, 2015 3:09 PM

Mar 2014
That's amazing.. what a feat :)
Jul 18, 2015 3:32 PM

Mar 2008
Not interested in steams of any sort, it needs to be on a media player on my computer for me to watch it. I despise streams for watching media.
Jul 18, 2015 3:35 PM

Dec 2011
just read about this on ANN.. keep on growing MAL.. but stay the same..
Jul 18, 2015 3:39 PM

Oct 2011
Wonderful news.
Jul 18, 2015 4:01 PM
Nov 2010
480p Flash player, how nostalgic.
Jul 18, 2015 4:09 PM

Jan 2013
Well, now it looks like DeNA bought MAL. I don't know why, but I have a bad feeling about this
Jul 18, 2015 5:40 PM

Jan 2015
I've been here for 7 months. And whether is site flops or not is not going to stop me from watching anime.

I'll just have to find another listing site if this one goes down.

Yes, I said listing site since there are now this one and a million other streaming sites out there. :)

Jul 18, 2015 5:41 PM

Sep 2013
_Dazzle_ said:
j0x said:
nice, CrunchyRoll is partnered with Anime-Planet, now MAL is partnered directly with the japanese studios through Daisuki, this is great news for MAL but that may also mean no more discussion of fansubs on the forums and the fansubs section might go away in the near future

I hope this isn't the case. Still think that discussion of anime and its community should be first. Leave as is for this discussion.

It's already disappearing for series that Daisuki is airing. Charlotte, Cinderella Girls, God Eater, and others are already hidden. See http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1406068#msg40916734.

Super frustrating, especially considering how terrible the official Charlotte subs are, that people won't get to know how bad, and who's actually doing a good job.
Jul 18, 2015 6:54 PM

Dec 2008
Jul 18, 2015 9:16 PM
Sep 2012
One more fansub page removed and I'll turn on Adblock on this site.

By the way, your site infrastructure is piss-poor considered how much you get hacked (You're going on three times from SSJMaster? Four, maybe?) so I'll be laughing when the episodes get leaked like what happened with ANN streaming Oreimo.
Jul 18, 2015 10:53 PM

Jun 2014
Oh, and if dena start destroying the website, you can go fuck yourselves cause i won't be using it any longer.
:3
Jul 18, 2015 11:07 PM

May 2013
FuckPASTRY1000 said:
One more fansub page removed and I'll turn on Adblock on this site.

By the way, your site infrastructure is piss-poor considered how much you get hacked (You're going on three times from SSJMaster? Four, maybe?) so I'll be laughing when the episodes get leaked like what happened with ANN streaming Oreimo.

Lol i always have my adblock on. Sorry mal but your never getting money from me. :3

alpha_shadow said:
Oh, and if dena start destroying the website, you can go fuck yourselves cause i won't be using it any longer.

http://anidb.net a new anime listing site is just a click away. :3

Also as far as i know this site neither links to nor hosts illegal anime they just name who is fansubbing what. (no links though just names) http://fansubdb.com (Wonder if this is considered not allowed but meh we will find out wont we.)
BelldanduJul 18, 2015 11:13 PM
[noimg]http://ilp.moe/Index%20top.png[/noimg]
Image scheme by AIDA
Jul 18, 2015 11:13 PM

Jul 2011
Although I'm happy MAL is trying to improving, my concern is that by streaming series it's going to make MAL less of a forum/database/discussion community and also clutter it. Plus with how many series there are on MAL, I think the ability to give streaming for all of them is... far fetched. If it's only a few, I don't really see the point. The other recent implements still need a lot of work too.

Another update I can't say I really like. This one made me grit my teeth and cringe. :/

I'd rather have the streaming service on an external site that is linked to this site rather than actually on MAL.
MirorinJul 18, 2015 11:22 PM
Jul 18, 2015 11:34 PM

Feb 2013
Xinil said:
the first to stream are Idol Master Cinderella Girls and God Eater with Japanese audio and English subtitles.
Doesn't even work.

Block 3rd party resources and it gives a false not-available-in-your-region error (USA, wtf?)
Even after allowing all the scrips, still fails. To bad. I might have tried watching Idolmaster here since no good groups are doing that one anyways... oh well... and I was looking forward to seeing how bad/ugly the subs were.
Jul 19, 2015 12:16 AM

Oct 2008
KamijouTouma310 said:
Now that mal is no longer just an informational database. No Anime site whether legal or not wishes us to link anything from mal. So Have fun losing potential members and losing actual members too.

THIS. This so much. The streaming service is compromising MAL's main selling point as an information resource. I'm sorry, but this is nothing more than betrayal and information control/censorship.
Jul 19, 2015 12:20 AM

May 2012
IzKir said:
Well, now it looks like DeNA bought MAL. I don't know why, but I have a bad feeling about this

Same. I don't like where this is going. I appreciate how much MAL has been growing, so I hope it doesn't take a sudden nosedive if DeNa decides to micromanage things.
Jul 19, 2015 12:51 AM
Nov 2010
Don't forget kids, you can export your list from your lists page.
Jul 19, 2015 2:29 AM
Jul 2018
IzKir said:

Same here. Buyouts never end well for the users. I'll stay here for now, but i'm prepared to jump ship if aspects of the site change for the worse. I really thought Xinil cared about this site and wouldn't let it go. I'm disappointed to learn he's a sell out.
Jul 19, 2015 2:33 AM

Apr 2014
After reading some of the comments . . . I'm not quite so sure how I feel about this news anymore.

Most changes to MAL up to now have only been a little annoying, but this has potential to be a lot worse than that if not handled properly, or if it starts falling for all the slippery slopes everyone is afraid of.
Jul 19, 2015 2:56 AM

Jan 2013
Video keeps loading forever for me.

I hate things "going legal" because they usually end up removing half of the stuff that they did before (fansub section; lets hope thats not the case, although its directly related to "piracy").

Anyway, as long as fans can do a better job than those who are being paid for, I'll never watch these streams and I will boycott them.
Jul 19, 2015 5:19 AM
Nov 2014
will you be streaming date a live mayuri judgement?
Jul 19, 2015 6:00 AM

May 2012
That's probably the only thing MAL lacked :3
Jul 19, 2015 6:10 AM

Apr 2012
Do they really think, the visitor would stream it on MAL? Still much easier to watch directly from Daisuki.

Hmm... This is a great chance for Daisuki to become more big (MAL have many visitor, this will be great adsmedia for Daisuki). Maybe that's the good news.

Hope MAL services still the same all-free, and no pay-to service... if that happen, I'll go to other web I guess, seems like many think the same.
Jul 19, 2015 6:14 AM

Jul 2011
Yay, or nay? :D

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jul 19, 2015 7:50 AM

Sep 2013
Cool, hopefully we get more shows available to stream later.
Jul 19, 2015 8:00 AM

Aug 2011
I'm not the stream type, but I love this! Long live to MAL!

» Escapism.

Jul 19, 2015 9:12 AM
Dec 2010
I always thought that if MAL offered streaming, it would be something extraordinary. From the looks of it, MAL is slowly becoming the only site any anime-lover will ever need. It just needs to offer streaming for all (or at least as many as possible) of the over, how many was it now? 9000, 10000 anime? In HD, and uncensored if possible?
Jul 19, 2015 11:41 AM

May 2014
KamijouTouma310 said:
Oh also just so you know thanks to this i cant goto funi or crunchy (when i actually go there once in a blue moon) and link on their forums mal links anymore (reason because mal is competition for them).
Sorry xinil but You fucked up.potential members and losing actual members too.

Also this is worse then classic mal. They took one step forward and took a million back.

Also i don't understand how so many people can say this is good without

Now that mal is no longer just an informational database. No Anime site whether legal or not wishes us to link anything from mal. So Have fun losing fucking cringing so hard they piss themselves. Mal has continuously fucked up over the last 3 years i've been here. Nothing they have done was good and all the changes for 2015 aside from just 1 (which was telling crave to fuck off) have all been horrible choices that will eventually lead to this sites downfall.

Next time you make such a big decision think about the long term consequences.

Well fucking stated. Xinil comment on this please
Jul 19, 2015 11:53 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
This is good for the business but I worry about the freedom of the community discussion when the parent company has deals with the sources of the anime itself (conflict of interest).

An analogy would be to have an open source community site taken over by Apple. Not that the Japanese animation companies are "evil" or anything like that. It's a matter of conflict of interest. No matter how good-willed a company or person is, conflict of interest is something that will never go away.

Not necessarily a bad thing but I'm not sure I like where the direction of the site is going. I have my doubts.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 19, 2015 12:25 PM

Jan 2015
From the looks of it, a lot of people are skeptical about this new feature.

I've only been on here for a few months so I have no idea if this is good or bad for the site (I posted earlier that it was cool they are putting this feature on here) but from what I've read, it seems like this site is going to start to suck. -_-
Jul 19, 2015 12:44 PM
Jan 2015
404Data said:
This is amazing news :D Music to me ears ^_^
So true ^^
Jul 19, 2015 1:34 PM
Sep 2012
Idria said:
I do use CR over other sites because I care about the industry and want anime to continue to be produced.

Crunchyroll doesn't produce anime, and all your money stays in their pockets.

If you want to support the actual industry in Japan, order the Blu-ray sets directly from Japan.
shartaznableJul 19, 2015 1:37 PM
Jul 19, 2015 1:48 PM
Sep 2010
FuckPASTRY1000 said:
Idria said:
I do use CR over other sites because I care about the industry and want anime to continue to be produced.

Crunchyroll doesn't produce anime, and all your money stays in their pockets.

Most of the money they earn goes to the anime producers either through royalties or through acquisition of new streaming licenses.

FuckPASTRY1000 said:

If you want to support the actual industry in Japan, order the Blu-ray sets directly from Japan.

I do that too for shows i really like but for other shows subscribing and watching them on CR is cheaper and I get simulcasts instead of having to wait till the BDs are out.
Jul 19, 2015 4:10 PM

May 2012
Eh. I looked at aniDB to see if it was worth a switch. It's super messy and looks amateurish. I'll just stay here. Sucks if it's affecting people's crunchyroll comments or whatever, but I don't use those sites so I'm fine where I'm at.
Jul 19, 2015 4:16 PM
Jul 2015
Woah! This is so awesome :D I just joined and so many amazing news is out already :D
Jul 19, 2015 4:18 PM

Jan 2015
Shioxus said:
Eh. I looked at aniDB to see if it was worth a switch. It's super messy and looks amateurish. I'll just stay here. Sucks if it's affecting people's crunchyroll comments or whatever, but I don't use those sites so I'm fine where I'm at.

Yeah, I looked too. It is pretty disastrous over there.

I mean, I like this web site but if bad things are going to happen because it was bought out, then I might go elsewhere. But I do hope this is for the good of the web site.
TyrelJul 19, 2015 8:36 PM
Jul 19, 2015 4:22 PM

Nov 2011
Epic! great news and above of that it's HD =D
To desire some results, one must take actions
Jul 19, 2015 5:13 PM

Mar 2013
Now we find out that the Fansub section is being deleted and censored from anime... Truly sickening. I knew this change portended ill for the freedom that Mal once had. At this pace it won't be long before I and many others jump ship. #BlackDay4Mal
Jul 19, 2015 7:24 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I also suspect the fact that hentai are no longer ranked was related to this somehow as well. I'm fearful of the censorship that can occur. Typically, the Japanese censorship laws don't really apply to overseas anyway but it's now something to worry about :(
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 19, 2015 8:23 PM

Jul 2010
according to ANN it says DeNA bought MAL, not partnered up with it. they probably mean the same thing but this means DeNA owns MAL, which means MAL has to follow everything that DeNA wants.

like wakka9ca mentioned, conflict of interests will now start, and the fact that this site used to be that site where you can talk about all streaming sites, t0rrent places and fansubs without the competition crap or kids talking about ppl watching anime illegally is now done.

at first i was kinda happy for MAL since it's been ages since something good happened to it, though after thinking about it for a while and reading ppl's opinions, I'm also a bit hesitant on this drastic change.

of course they'll always say stuff like 'the ppl from DeNA aren't going to touch MAL, they'll let them do their thing' but of course that's a lie.

also incase ppl have missed it, and would like to take out those headers at the top
Cnon said:

As I said earlier
Cnon said:
add this to your custom filters list
myanimelist.net##DIV[id="banner-anime-streaming-block-banner"][class="clearfix"]

you the man btw
supermegasonicJul 19, 2015 8:56 PM

Jul 19, 2015 9:01 PM

Jan 2015
Now its mystreamingandanimelist.net

Yeah I am starting to think this is a bad idea too. I will wait and see.

Sucks how they are starting to censor stuff now.
Jul 19, 2015 9:16 PM

Sep 2013
ive noticed a few nice changes recently but im not so sure about this i hope it turns into a good move but ill just continue useing my normal streaming ( crunchyroll & funimation ) and use mal for my tracking
Jul 19, 2015 9:16 PM

May 2013
SlickDragon said:
Now we find out that the Fansub section is being deleted and censored from anime... Truly sickening. I knew this change portended ill for the freedom that Mal once had. At this pace it won't be long before I and many others jump ship. #BlackDay4Mal

https://twitter.com/hashtag/blackday4mal?src=hash&vertical=default&f=tweets

HUE

wakka9ca said:
I also suspect the fact that hentai are no longer ranked was related to this somehow as well. I'm fearful of the censorship that can occur. Typically, the Japanese censorship laws don't really apply to overseas anyway but it's now something to worry about :(

Yay another thing to worry about :|

Shioxus said:

Anidb is as basic as can get. Also you can make your own template(even for your anime list). The sites layout is fine. You just need to learn how it works. You can actually password your anime list unlike with mal >.>

Im working on finding a manga listing site but so far no luck. I might just ask anidb to add a manga database. But THAT REQUIRES PEOPLE TO OFFER TO HELP BECAUSE THEY LITERALLY DO NOT HAVE A HUGE AMOUNT OF STAFF.

In anycase mal it was fun but after this thread dies i wont be here anymore js.
[noimg]http://ilp.moe/Index%20top.png[/noimg]
Image scheme by AIDA
Jul 19, 2015 11:13 PM

Mar 2013
I still don't know why people watch streams.

Worse experience than torrents. Buffering takes longer than full torrent download. Cannot be seen offline while torrents can. Cannot simply skip to one scene due to buffer unlike torrents. For airing anime, releases are a tad slower than the torrents (as streaming websites get their files off torrents themselves anyway). The quality is lower than that of torrents or even if it is the same, then the buffering is that slower. It makes you go through walls of ads unlike torrents. It is generally much less clean than the torrents.

Bottom line, watch by downloading torrents. If you'll be short on space just delete what you've already seen.
Jul 19, 2015 11:23 PM

Jan 2013
julyan said:
The streams won't be available in Japan.
oh well that explains why. I was excited until I found out I can't even use it.
Jul 19, 2015 11:35 PM

Jan 2015
Subpyro said:
I still don't know why people watch streams.

Worse experience than torrents. Buffering takes longer than full torrent download. Cannot be seen offline while torrents can. Cannot simply skip to one scene due to buffer unlike torrents. For airing anime, releases are a tad slower than the torrents (as streaming websites get their files off torrents themselves anyway). The quality is lower than that of torrents or even if it is the same, then the buffering is that slower. It makes you go through walls of ads unlike torrents. It is generally much less clean than the torrents.

Bottom line, watch by downloading torrents. If you'll be short on space just delete what you've already seen.

This is like an advertisment for torrents lol.

I don't download anything onto my computer (that's not necessary for the functionality of my computer), torrents or not. So I stream. Also the sites I watch anime on don't buffer endlessly. And adblock takes care of ads.

Streaming is my preferred way of watching anime.
Pages (12) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

214 by Veredus »»
7 hours ago

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

424 by Jeniferu4edy »»
Yesterday, 12:58 PM

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Apr 26

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 26, 6:46 PM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime đź—» ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.