Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do they?
Jul 13, 2015 4:32 AM

Apr 2014
Idk if it's just me but they don't seem to blend into the background at all. They have very rough edges around them.
Jul 13, 2015 7:10 AM

Jun 2012
I was looking for a word to describe them, you nailed it XD. Sometimes when they are talking it seems out of place and stiff.
Jul 13, 2015 7:31 AM

Aug 2008
They clash with the background, which I love. Yes, that's a good way of describing the character designs lol.
Jul 13, 2015 7:47 AM
Jun 2014
The Anime also has that film-like effect where some frames are slightly off-center, and you can notice the movement more in still scenarios.
Jul 13, 2015 11:21 AM

Nov 2014
when their moving and fighting there was no problem they did not stand out . But when just standing idle yeah they look quite out of place
Jul 13, 2015 2:57 PM

Jan 2009
i think it looks great, my only worry is if they can be consistent with this level of pseudo 3DCGI look on the 2D characters, since we heard of production delays and problems surrounding this series, the 3DCG of the monsters meanwhile are high quality for an anime TV series
Jul 13, 2015 3:31 PM

May 2010
like cgi cardboards they stand out.
Jul 13, 2015 3:32 PM

Mar 2014
I'm just hoping the action makes up for all the CGI.
Jul 13, 2015 10:38 PM
Mar 2012
People as usual are mistaking the animations as CGI. Other than the Aragami, the animations are 2D and hand-drawn, but done in a very unique style. Admittedly, the outlines of the characters do bleed in the background at far away shots, but the fault lies mostly on the quality of the video you are watching. Most of the time though, it blends in so well, you can't help but marvel at how such high quality backgrounds can fuse so perfectly with the characters.

Some quotes that I liked:
From what I've seen from God Eater so far: due to the animation style, the quality looks horrible on low quality playback with the rigid outlines of the characters looking fuzzy and bleeding with the background. This is definitely a show meant to to watched with the highest quality available, as details can easily be mistaken as particles.

In my opinion, God Eater is an anime so high quality, people mistake it as lazy and low-budgeted animations. Congrats ufotable, you created something so incredible, regular people (and monitors) aren't ready for that kind of quality yet.

If I had to give my two cents, the animations are quite honestly one of the best I have ever seen.

Example shots:
Jul 13, 2015 10:41 PM

Nov 2008
LastChapter said:
People as usual are mistaking the animations as CGI. Other than the Aragami, the animations are 2D and hand-drawn, but done in a very unique style. Admittedly, the outlines of the characters do bleed in the background at far away shots, but the fault lies mostly on the quality of the video you are watching. Most of the time though, it blends in so well, you can't help but marvel at how such high quality backgrounds can fuse so perfectly with the characters.

From what I've seen from God Eater so far: due to the animation style, the quality looks horrible on low quality playback with the rigid outlines of the characters looking fuzzy and bleeding with the background. This is definitely a show meant to to watched with the highest quality available, as details can easily be mistaken as particles.

In my opinion, God Eater is an anime so high quality, people mistake it as lazy and low-budgeted animations. Congrats ufotable, you created something so incredible, regular people (and monitors) aren't ready for that kind of quality yet.

If I had to give my two cents, the animations are quite honestly one of the best I have ever seen.

Example shots:
O shit. This actually looks very good in Freakin High Quality!!!

Damn gotta rewatch in this version!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 13, 2015 10:53 PM

Apr 2014
LastChapter said:

Example shots:

Amazing, but not everyone will appreciate the unique art style. It's reminiscent of Aku no Hana in that regard.
Jul 13, 2015 11:41 PM
Aug 2008
Those Some screenshots have overblown dof effect. but not as bad as the overblown CA that popular on games in pre 2015.
Jul 14, 2015 12:05 AM

Sep 2014
I think it be part of the reason why this anime was delayed among other things
Jul 14, 2015 12:22 AM
Aug 2008
@lastchapter you talked about animation but those screenshots are static pictures. Do you have gifv?

Sorry if it's troublesome :(
Jul 14, 2015 12:46 AM
Mar 2012
orangpelupa said:
@lastchapter you talked about animation but those screenshots are static pictures. Do you have gifv?

Sorry if it's troublesome :(
Unfortunately, I don't possess any GIFVs or WEBMs. I do have GIFs, but the quality is nowhere near as good as the original footage.

More:
Jul 14, 2015 6:41 AM
Jul 2018
Wait, so most of the "complaints" are because people stream in crappy compressed 480p? o.O
I don't even...

More topics from this board

Poll: » God Eater Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2015

636 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 5:53 PM

» Is this like the worst anime OST ever?

Kayle_x_Morgana - Apr 4, 2022

8 by RudeRedis »»
Mar 2, 7:39 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

255 by Suopi »»
Feb 21, 9:37 AM

» Is it good?

Bijou146 - Jan 18

15 by HenryLeo123 »»
Jan 19, 11:51 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

262 by Tropisch »»
Jan 4, 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.