Forum Settings
Forums
New
Rate the Dressrosa Arc
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 13, 2015 11:48 PM

May 2015
The characters seem pretty easy to be bring back in the future, I would be surprised if Oda 'doesn't' use them later in the story.

But I still don't think he should dump so many characters just to serve the purpose of bringing them back in the future. Otherwise you either get sooo many characters introduced that are going to do nothing in this arc.

But when you do use these characters(And he didn't even use a good portion of them) you get a 100+ chapter arc(even if this is a major arc it's not end of series yet).

Though I don't think they're going to all be re-introduced 'together' or anything except at like, the very end of the series. But it'd be a waste to have such a great collection of characters 'not' appear from time to time in the future when you've established them so well.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Aug 14, 2015 12:04 AM
Jul 2015
ashfrliebert said:
But I still don't think he should dump so many characters just to serve the purpose of bringing them back in the future. Otherwise you either get sooo many characters introduced that are going to do nothing in this arc.

The only ones who really were significant to the story were Cavendish, Chiken-kun and maybe Sai (beats G-gramps) But everyone else were kind of "unnecessary", i think. I mean from all the characters from the tournament. Blue gilly? (the long foot guy), the strong arm guy, and so many others... We just saw their "powers", and "looks"; then we got to see the "same thing" fighting against minions again and again... No character development in them whatsoever... But they sure took their screen time, as they each fought like 5 times or more ... for no good reason at all.
Either way, it was Oda who did that. And i really think, it was "unnecessary"; unless it was to "introduce them" for the future. So that, the future and more major battles; like vs Yonko; will go more "smoothly" than this arc... Without having to have to introduce bunch of new characters, if we already have the "pieces" together; we can just run the "story" smoothly.
I think it was a "necessary sacrifice" for the greater good :D.
Even thought Dofla deserved a better story (less time consuming and tiring); the yonko's (Kaido for example) deserve that much more. Well, i just can't see another reason why he would do this...
Aug 14, 2015 12:43 AM

May 2015
Commentator1 said:
ashfrliebert said:

The only ones who really were significant to the story were Cavendish, Chiken-kun and maybe Sai (beats G-gramps) But everyone else were kind of "unnecessary", i think. I mean from all the characters from the tournament. Blue gilly? (the long foot guy), the strong arm guy, and so many others... We just saw their "powers", and "looks"; then we got to see the "same thing" fighting against minions again and again... No character development in them whatsoever... But they sure took their screen time, as they each fought like 5 times or more ... for no good reason at all.

Bartomelo character was fleshed out pretty well as well as cavendish, I found them endlessly amusing. Chingao was given an entire backstory, and he seems pretty important but I suppose he can just as easily not be given focus in the series anymore as an old and irrelevant character. Can go either way.

Sai and Boo can go either way too, probably. The King, Elizabello II seems to make for easy relevancy in the future too. But we don't know much about him.

They're characters are developed pretty well I'd say. Some of them fought like twice, but I don't think they participated in multiple battles much.

Aside from Bellamy, he probably doesn't need his third appearance, but where does he go anyway I'm curious to see.

Either way, it was Oda who did that. And i really think, it was "unnecessary"; unless it was to "introduce them" for the future. So that, the future and more major battles; like vs Yonko; will go more "smoothly" than this arc... Without having to have to introduce bunch of new characters, if we already have the "pieces" together; we can just run the "story" smoothly.
Even thought Dofla deserved a better story (less time consuming and tiring); the yonko's (Kaido for example) deserve that much more. Well, i just can't see another reason why he would do this...

I think they will be used in the future, it's not that I don't 'think' they have reason for being introduced, I do, it's just I'm skeptical if that was really the best decision for the arcs pacing. It seems to have effected it negatively despite all the positives, but I say it was worth.
edit: maybe. might be worth. we'll see.
Sep 15, 2015 10:43 AM

Jan 2010
http://strawpoll.me/5494844 Rate the dressrosa arc at Straw Poll dot Com
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Sep 16, 2015 7:56 AM
May 2015
Thats a very hard one cause if i go by One Piece standards this arc could be a 6/10 or so. If i go with how good of an arc it is compared to anime in general i guess it could be a 9/10.
Sep 16, 2015 9:50 AM

Mar 2012
12 1/1

This is without a dount the least liked arc in op
End Zionazism
Sep 16, 2015 11:06 AM
Jan 2014
My rating for this arc just went a point higher. The characters introduced were interesting, the time spent on them was well used but their relevancy just became much higher in the overall scheme. I thought that it might go this way but now that it has happened, I consider the arc overall better.
Sep 16, 2015 11:38 AM
TheCook

Jan 2013
Mikasa said:
12 1/1

Funny that you say that because previously you said we should "discard the meeks". But let me guess, people who vote with a 1 no matter what should not be discarded because you agree with them? Quite hypocritical I must say, but I expect nothing less from the hatebase.
De_BaerSep 16, 2015 1:03 PM
Sep 16, 2015 12:42 PM

Jul 2015
De_Baer said:
Mikasa said:
12 1/1

Funny that you say that because previously you said we should "discard the meeks". But let me guess, people who vote with a 1 no matter what should not be discarded because you agree with them? Quite hypocriticall I must say, but I expect nothing less from the hatebase.

The One Piece hatebase are actually usually fairly intelligent and constructive (talking about those that have actually seen it). It's just Mikasa that's an absolute retard.
Sep 16, 2015 12:46 PM

Mar 2012
De_Baer said:
Mikasa said:
12 1/1

Funny that you say that because previously you said we should "discard the meeks". But let me guess, people who vote with a 1 no matter what should not be discarded because you agree with them? Quite hypocriticall I must say, but I expect nothing less from the hatebase.

No but since this arc was undeniably shit that even fans start to admit it it makes sense these votes are justified
End Zionazism
Sep 16, 2015 12:54 PM

Jun 2013
There were good and bad things in this arc... but hope will improve.
Sep 16, 2015 12:59 PM
TheCook

Jan 2013
Mikasa said:

No but since this arc was undeniably shit that even fans start to admit it it makes sense these votes are justified

Ha, I love it when people seem to think that their opinions are the universal truth and everyone who thinks otherwise is a fanboy or something else. Laughable. This is kindergarten level.
Sep 16, 2015 1:02 PM

Mar 2012
De_Baer said:
Mikasa said:

Ha, I love it when people seem to think that their opinions are the universal truth and everyone who thinks otherwise is a fanboy or something else. Laughable, this is kindergarten level.

I literally said "fans" and excluding my self so no I was talking about how even hardcore fans say it was shit. My opinion is not universal. But the opinion that the arc was shit was universal. :)
End Zionazism
Sep 16, 2015 1:08 PM
TheCook

Jan 2013
Mikasa said:
But the opinion that the arc was shit was universal. :)

Uhm, no? This poll right here disproves that claim and even outside of MAL many people liked this arc. Here is just one example with quite a few more votes: http://poll.pollcode.com/13974455_result?v Also the fact that the rating here on MAL stayed constantly high at 9.0 and did not drop at all in the last 2 years is a clear indicator.

But let me predict your next claim: All the high votes and ratings are from fanboys, amirite? :)
Sep 16, 2015 1:12 PM

Mar 2012
No.

As I have said before, this has the IGN effect: where an 8 is pretty much crap. Meeks themselves show this symptom.

So yeah, all 8s and lower prove my point.

P.S predicted that!!
End Zionazism
Sep 16, 2015 4:29 PM

Oct 2013
6/10 Like how Mingo's past really tied in with Law, bit unfortunate he didn't get his revenge his own though.
Sep 16, 2015 6:00 PM

May 2015
Mikasa said:
No.

As I have said before, this has the IGN effect: where an 8 is pretty much crap. Meeks themselves show this symptom.

So yeah, all 8s and lower prove my point.

P.S predicted that!!

IGN 8/10: Too much rubber
If you, or others think 8/10 is crap I don't even know what to say, I have more faith in people tho.
Sep 30, 2015 10:22 AM

Nov 2012
LOL that chart is all over the place.. that being said the two highest catagories are 7 and 8 , but an interestingly high number of 4's .. Damn you guys that rated Dressrossa 4 and below, you must really be hating the new world arc so far since pretty much everyone I've seen doesn't prefer either fishman island or punk hazard over dressrossa. What the duce is the point of reading one piece if you're pretty much hating the recent arcs?

Ehh and you also have to consider the really small sample size of 207 people voting on this from one single website.. where possibly there could by something like 500,000 people who are all caught up and didn't vote on this poll.
Sep 30, 2015 11:43 AM

Mar 2015
@ midnightblade: well, i'm 1 of the few who prefered Punk Hazard over the 2 others, mainly because of the better buildups but that's just me ;p as for the ppl rating it at 4 (i gave it a 7-8/10), those are mainly the ppl who don't consider the arc alone, they mainly rate it that way because no arc in the New World (up to now) can even compare to the masterpieces like the Marinefort War and CP9. They expect every arc to become better and better, because most manga/anime become better and more intense towards the end, however, they should consider the fact that One Piece is a seriously long manga which will still be enlarged for another decade, so with many other arcs. It can't possibly just become better and better for 20 years straight, it has to have some decreases too so that the next important events will have the intentional impact again, just like the previous masterpiece arcs.
Sep 30, 2015 5:25 PM
Mar 2014
I gave it a nine. The only real knock on it was how long it dragged out in real time. However, the ending made up for it & did a great job of setting up the next story arcs with the "Throne Wars", Sanji's bounty poster mystery & the upcoming fight with Kaido, (also Kid and his alliance targeting Shanks).

Add in the higher bounties, (still a mixture of humor & sadness in regards to poor Chopper still not getting any respect), the Luffy Grand Fleet lead by his Seven Subordinates, the appearance of Sabo & the Revolutionary Army, etc.

I am very excited for what Oda will hit us with next & can not wait for it.
Sep 30, 2015 7:06 PM

May 2008
7/10

The arc was a bit too stretched in my opinion, especially the fights which is typical for shounen animanga I guess. Didn't really care about some of the 1v1 fights.

It was great to see Sabo and Koala back all grown up. Law's past was also pretty interesting. Sanji being wanted alive only... And, Kaido lost his smile supply and apparently he's "invincible". Also, wonder what Aokiji is doing with Blackbeard.
Sep 30, 2015 7:15 PM

May 2015
ashfrliebert said:
The characters seem pretty easy to be bring back in the future, I would be surprised if Oda 'doesn't' use them later in the story.

But when you do use these characters(And he didn't even use a good portion of them) you get a 100+ chapter arc(even if this is a major arc it's not end of series yet).

Though I don't think they're going to all be re-introduced 'together' or anything except at like, the very end of the series. But it'd be a waste to have such a great collection of characters 'not' appear from time to time in the future when you've established them so well.

lol called it

Is there any complaint about this arc aside from the three aspects(when it had like 50+) of too many chapters, dolfamingo's battle and rebecca? Mine is more of Rebecca's development instead of Rebecca, and loose ends in general or things not being explored. But pretty much no one seems to have criticisms on the actual content otherwise.

KuroZwei said:
7/10

The arc was a bit too stretched in my opinion, especially the fights which is typical for shounen animanga I guess. Didn't really care about some of the 1v1 fights.

Especially one who's primary focus(outside of adventure) is literally fighting? I understand not caring about the fights because of how they were handled, but I realize this doesn't hold up. Is there a one piece arc that doesn't have fighting bar the very first? No.
Sep 30, 2015 8:17 PM

Nov 2013
midnightblade said:
LOL that chart is all over the place.. that being said the two highest catagories are 7 and 8 , but an interestingly high number of 4's .. Damn you guys that rated Dressrossa 4 and below, you must really be hating the new world arc so far since pretty much everyone I've seen doesn't prefer either fishman island or punk hazard over dressrossa. What the duce is the point of reading one piece if you're pretty much hating the recent arcs?

Ehh and you also have to consider the really small sample size of 207 people voting on this from one single website.. where possibly there could by something like 500,000 people who are all caught up and didn't vote on this poll.

i love one piece and i'm definitely not ready to dump it because I still have faith that it will get exciting again. One Piece is one of my favorite anime, would be favorite pre timeskip. The quality is just obviously so down while you see them trying to stretch one piece out another 10 years longer than it needs to be.

6/10 for the arc btw
Sep 30, 2015 8:18 PM

Sep 2011
7/10

I feel like Doflamingo didn't give his all on that fight. I expected more from him.

For the depressed:
You're living. You occupy space. And you have a mass. Do you know what that means??
You Matter.

~Science motivational puns ftw~
Sep 30, 2015 8:18 PM

Nov 2014
1/10 for milking

Oct 1, 2015 5:13 AM

Jun 2011
Hiroyuuki said:
@ midnightblade: well, i'm 1 of the few who prefered Punk Hazard over the 2 others, mainly because of the better buildups but that's just me ;p
I am one of the even fewer group of people who prefer Fishman Island over the other 2, for no real particular reason other than it was just more fun. I honestly don't get the hate for that arc. ):
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 1, 2015 6:48 AM

Mar 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
am one of the even fewer group of people who prefer Fishman Island over the other 2, for no real particular reason other than it was just more fun. I honestly don't get the hate for that arc. ):

well, i actually liked fishmen island too, its the 2nd place for me in the new world, personally i didn't like dressrosa, the only things i liked about it were the reveals of Law's past, the Kaido reveals, Sabo and Koala, seeing the new admiral Fuji and his powers, but those were all the side things to me, i don't really consider those as actual dressrosa things.. more like, extra info on the series.
Oct 1, 2015 7:44 AM

May 2012
8-9/10 I guess I'm one of the few people who thinks that this was one of the best arcs.I'd rate it 10 if it wasn't so long.
Oct 1, 2015 8:02 AM

Jun 2011
Hiroyuuki said:
personally i didn't like dressrosa, the only things i liked about it were the reveals of Law's past, the Kaido reveals, Sabo and Koala, seeing the new admiral Fuji and his powers, but those were all the side things to me, i don't really consider those as actual dressrosa things.. more like, extra info on the series.
I like PH and DR almost equally, but scale wise, DR is way higher than PH, and DR is the payoff of PH, so I would put DR over PH. PH has its fair share of boring moments, just like DR.

Kaido's reveal is post DR by the way. Wouldn't really consider it part of DR. Just like those post EL / MF arc.
Oct 1, 2015 8:18 AM

May 2015
Hiroyuuki said:
ToG25thBaam said:
am one of the even fewer group of people who prefer Fishman Island over the other 2, for no real particular reason other than it was just more fun. I honestly don't get the hate for that arc. ):

well, i actually liked fishmen island too, its the 2nd place for me in the new world, personally i didn't like dressrosa, the only things i liked about it were the reveals of Law's past, the Kaido reveals, Sabo and Koala, seeing the new admiral Fuji and his powers, but those were all the side things to me, i don't really consider those as actual dressrosa things.. more like, extra info on the series.

I get your drift, but how do you figure at all Law's past was a side thing. When this arc primarily focused on Law and Doflamingo.

cub said:
kind of surprised he didn't try to integrate the 2 samurais a bit more into Dressrosa but instead shone the spotlight on Rebecca/Kyros

would've made a great segue into this Zo arc, which is where the samurai were headed

You want him to make the arc even messier by trying to focus on MORE characters? No thanks, I was annoyed a bit at Rebecca not defeating Kyros Diamante alone but the Rebecca/Kyros flashback was just fine. Considering they were central to the arc, I do believe the whole thing would be have to spun around.
ashfrliebertOct 1, 2015 8:40 AM
Oct 1, 2015 8:31 AM

Aug 2014
ashfrliebert said:
Hiroyuuki said:

I get your drift, but how do you figure at all Law's past was a side thing. When this arc primarily focused on Law and Doflamingo.

cub said:
kind of surprised he didn't try to integrate the 2 samurais a bit more into Dressrosa but instead shone the spotlight on Rebecca/Kyros

would've made a great segue into this Zo arc, which is where the samurai were headed

You want him to make the arc even messier by trying to focus on MORE characters? No thanks, I was annoyed a bit at Rebecca not defeating Kyros alone but the Rebecca/Kyros flashback was just fine. Considering they were central to the arc, I do believe the whole thing would be have to spun around.

I think you mean Diamante. Honestly I knew she wouldn't, but I thought it'd be different. Something like: Diamante can't touch her but she won't strike at him, reveals he killed her mother to throw her off her game, Rebecca either drops her guard in shock or charges blindly at Diamante in rage leaving her open for him to attack. And then Kyros makes the save and they take him down together.
Oct 1, 2015 8:44 AM

May 2015
I wish Rebecca would've helped too, I thought it could've been handled alot better. But I think it had to be handled in some form or way, it was the important battle(bar Doffy vs Luffy) part of the arc. That-and Rebecca's much needed Kyros reunion, of all things, should not be cut to give attention to the samurai.
Oct 4, 2015 9:46 AM

May 2015
elitsu said:

- Why oh why did Bellamy have such a huge role, not to mention be completely forgotten at the end so what was even the point. Nobody cares about him, this is something that always bothered me about OP. Bringing back terrible irrelevant characters and trying to make them good guys, it's just annoying.

He took part of the vivre card, so no, he wasn't "completely forgotten".
Oct 4, 2015 5:00 PM

Jan 2011
i voted 7/10 cuz it took too long and we dont see all sh fighting thats why ....
Oct 4, 2015 5:23 PM

Jun 2011
elitsu said:
- THERE WERE WAY TOO MANY CHARACTERS. Oda loves creating characters but this was too much, and characters that were initially interesting (Dellinger, Cavendish) became uninteresting because there were So Many other characters.
Why Cavendish? I thought he was pretty good when he gave that speech to Law. His hakuba side is interesting too, normally people would wonder what have triggered that side of him.

elitsu said:
- Why oh why did Bellamy have such a huge role, not to mention be completely forgotten at the end so what was even the point. Nobody cares about him, this is something that always bothered me about OP. Bringing back terrible irrelevant characters and trying to make them good guys, it's just annoying.
As ashfrliebert said, he is not completely forgotten. I actually really like Bellamy in this arc, if just for his strong dedication to Doffy. Unlike many others who would cop out after finding that their admiration was not returned, he stuck with it. People might say that he is still on Doffy's side right now, but that's not how I see it. After Doffy was defeated, you could say that he was given a chance to live a new life right now.

elitsu said:
- I'm disappointed by the final fight. In my opinion Luffy AND Law should have beaten him since it was so important to Law, I really don't care if Luffy's the main character. When they fought against him together it was MUCH more interesting anyway, their dynamic and team work was fun to watch. Instead we get the most generic win you could think of.
Well I would say that it seems fair to take Law out of the fight. Law and Doffy's history gone deep, and we know that Doffy is a bastard who plays mind game with people. Law was taken down precisely because he has a personal history with him. I am content with it to be honest, I mean, Law did leave a significant damage to Doffy before the 1v1 between Doffy and Luffy. That was pretty huge in contributing to Doffy's downfall. We were also shown to Gear 4th, the effect which I think would be maximized only if Luffy was fighting alone.

elitsu said:
- The Colosseum fights were horrendous and shouldn't have gotten that much attention.
I actually thought that it was bad because it didn't have much attention. It was skimmed through for the sake of the plot. ):

elitsu said:
- Usopp reversed back to his introduction ep. I don't even care about him but it's worth mentioning since it was even disappointing for me.
He did not, if you've paid attention to his development. I've posted the explanation to this somewhere before, but now I don't have much time to write down a huge essay for this.

elitsu said:
- Robin STILL didn't get a proper fight, even with half the crew gone and over 100 chapters of time to give her a proper 1 on 1 fight. This proved that she won't get a fight at all or in the final arc because for some reason I still trust Oda to a certain degree.
With her power, it's either straight out victory or a loss for her. Either she can restrain her enemy, or she can't. So there isn't much potential for an actual fight with her power. She did own a guy back in Fishman Island, if that counts.
Oct 8, 2015 10:11 AM

Nov 2014
While i really like this arc and overall satisfied, there're several points that made me disappointed..

(+) :

- The beginning of the arc
- Colosseum Tournament
- Sabo's appearance
- Fujitora
- Birdcage & "Stars" (lol God Ussop)
- Law's Flashback
- Luffy vs Doffy, I think it's a great battle, but i think it would be better if it become Luffy & Law vs Doffy..

(-) :

- Bartolomeo.. Freakin Bartolomeo.. At first i think it's funny and hilarious when a bad boy like him turn out to be SH big fan.. But the joke get old very quick when it's done repeatedly even to the point it's become annoying IMO..

- Doffy's crew.. Aside from doffy himself, the only doffy's crew that didn't disappoint me was Senor Pink.. the other except from Pica and Sugar (because her ability is very important) are just a bunch of weaklings acting high and mighty especially diamante.. His battle against Kyros is one of the most disappointing moment in this arc.. I hope a big bad who play a good role like him (kill rebbeca's mom) can give a better fight or at least a better ability than him..

But aside from these 2 points, i enjoyed every moment in this arc.. we also got introduced into CP0 which could play a big role in the future arc.. so overall a solid 8/10 for me..
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Oct 8, 2015 10:26 AM

Aug 2014
ashfrliebert said:
I wish Rebecca would've helped too, I thought it could've been handled alot better. But I think it had to be handled in some form or way, it was the important battle(bar Doffy vs Luffy) part of the arc. That-and Rebecca's much needed Kyros reunion, of all things, should not be cut to give attention to the samurai.

Question: Did Rebecca every parry attacks or did she just dodge? If the former that's more reason the two should've teamed up. Kyros for offense and Rebecca for defense. The ultimate father-daughter tag team.

On another note, Robin should've grown a stub for him. I was afraid he was gonna bleed out at some point. Although now I gotta wonder how much Sanji let out at Fishman Island.
Dec 12, 2015 5:53 AM
Dec 2015
9/10

The only drawback is it dragged too long, and not much revalation for the Will of D, True History (Poneglyph), or the weapon on mariejois

Good story arcs

How Doflamingo conquered Dressrosa.
Kyros past - the part when diamente killed scarlet. Kyros agony tore my heart
Doffys past - Being a celestial dragon, why he is corrupted
Laws past - Laws home town, obtaining Op-op fruit, Corazon is just a good character for me
Colloseum/Sabo being alive - show case luffy's power and his soon to be subordinates power, Sabo being alive and part of alliance
Ussop's hail mary shot - OMFG one hell of a shot
Toys transforming back- This part reveals the bad things doffy did, GOD USSOP
Tontatta History - Why they steal stuff, oppression from doffy
Zorro vs Pica - Showcase Zorros current strength
Luffy's army - new alliance is just OP. Feels like a white beard alliance
New powers. Gear 4th, Devil fruit awakening

And the best arc for me
Senor's Arc - I dont like the guy till this tear jerking arc
Dec 14, 2015 2:51 PM

Apr 2011
There was a point to having so many extra characters. One being that the SHs are becoming leaders.

Franky, Usopp, Robin, Zoro,.... everyone started taking charge of subordinates. In PH Chopper, Sanji, (and Nami? haven't rewatched yet so not sure), lead groups.

Basically, the first half of the series built up the individual strength and courage within each of the SH members. In Enies Lobby, they TEAMED UP with others. They built alliances. They worked together, though haphazardly. In Thriller, there were allies or victims. Nowhere, that I can recall, had the Straw Hats actually LEAD people.

If you look at Punk Hazard and Dressrosa, yes there are alliances and victims, but there are ALSO subordinates. Each member of the straw hat that was actually in these arcs actually commanded a group of people. Chopper took charge of the kids in PH, and Usopp took charge of all the peeps who had been turned into toys. Zoro lead the villagers and co into pushing against the barrier.

This might easily be foreshadowing not only the SHs development as leaders but their actual capacity to lead. So, in the future, we might even see something like the WBs crew type set up. Though I wouldn't actually want to see the SHs separated, it's quite possible that there will be a situation where each of the SHs will have to separate and actually take charge of a group of people individually in a more structured and significant way.

All you peeps be complaining about all these new characters, and yeah there is some appropriateness to it. So many characters were thrown into this arc, but at least realize that there's a lot more in store coming our way. It's not JUST going to be a "oh look, this character is back!" type deal. The conflict with Doffy isn't yet over. We might get these characters' help to defeat Kaidoh's army. And it would be really random to have them join in there without having seen them prior. Now there's some relevancy for why they would fight with Luffy against Dofla/Kaidoh in the future. Now there are loyalties and resentment in place.

Sum ya guys are way too impatient. ><
Dec 14, 2015 4:48 PM

Dec 2012
It was really good until the fights started. At that point things became cluttered and messy. It's understandable that from now on arcs are probably going to be more large-scale with shitloads of characters, but I prefer OP's old style tbh. I didn't even care all that much for Marineford.

But damn, this was at least a really great arc to be an Usopp fan.

6/10 best of the timeskip so far.
May 16, 2016 1:27 PM
May 2016
all of you are retard for rating this arc so low. just stop read and yourself who don't get anything, idiot. you all just free reader anyway. so am i, and i don't complain like you all. because i am a trully one piece fan. whatever the story, i am already fell in love with one piece. so i am happy and always getting excited just to read it. i know one piece is not perfect but i bet if you all that so harsh can make even better story? BAKKA
May 16, 2016 2:49 PM

Jan 2011
The very beginning didn't entertain me that much, I thought the whole thing with toys that were alive was silly but it ended up being pretty cool IMO with them being past humans and it was nice to see Doflamingos plan fall apart so spectacularly. I really really enjoyed Doflamingo he was awesome, great villain.

I thought this arc had some cool flashbacks, I liked learning about Law's past more. As well as Doflamingo's past.

All in all great arc.
May 16, 2016 2:54 PM

May 2015
ironman15562 said:
9/10

The only drawback is it dragged too long, and not much revalation for the Will of D, True History (Poneglyph), or the weapon on mariejois

And also didn't give in-depth information about Gol D. Roger or just how far Zoro has to go to defeat Mihawk.

No, really, what? Obviously not :P.

It's somewhat easy to squeeze in a Poneglyph, like in Alabasta or Skypeia, or Zoa, but every arc in the series isn't about the main story. Important note this series hardly ever gives alot of information to the end game. Which, considering this series constantly adds new things to go to and hasn't slowed down in 800 chapters, is probably for the better.

Old thread is old, but never a bad time to look back it I guess.

Commentator1 said:
ashfrliebert said:

Lots that could better with this arc, but looking at it in retrospect and where it ended up at, I'm satisfied. And they did stuff with the 10000 characters as thought, with the alliance. At the end of the day though, the alliance, the yonkou, and the importance of the characters throughout the series helped this arc end up at 100 chapters. Maybe that's not great, but the characters are good(plenty great) and most of the plotlines were good.

Senor Pink, Law and Mingo's flashbacks were the highlights(Oda hardly ever disappoints on flashbacks). Doffy's a great character in general, Law not a great character in general, but great flashback anyway. Oh, and Usopp.

Had very high high's, and some low lows. But it was good. better than fishman island
ashfrliebertMay 17, 2016 3:55 PM
May 18, 2016 6:42 AM

Feb 2016
Just a bullshit arc. I vote 3
May 18, 2016 9:04 AM
Apr 2016
A 2. I'd give it a 1 if it wasn't for Law's flashback (which was okay), Cavendish (who I liked), and Baby 5's flashback (which I liked. Even more than Law's).
May 18, 2016 1:22 PM

Nov 2012
Beth_Masey said:
A 2. I'd give it a 1 if it wasn't for Law's flashback (which was okay), Cavendish (who I liked), and Baby 5's flashback (which I liked. Even more than Law's).

Lmao so you're saying you enjoyed a random flashback that lasted 2 pages over one that was multiple chapters long, had good characters and was actually relevant to the story?
May 18, 2016 2:37 PM
Apr 2016
SuperRed said:
Beth_Masey said:

Lmao so you're saying you enjoyed a random flashback that lasted 2 pages over one that was multiple chapters long, had good characters and was actually relevant to the story?

So what if I did enjoy such a "random" flashback more than another's? What's even more of a lmao is that there are people like you who care so much about whatever different thing/s someone else enjoys more or less in something that you have to laugh or mock it. All a matter of opinions and to each their own. Get over it.

It's unfortunate that there are many people like you in the fanbase.
May 18, 2016 2:46 PM

Nov 2012
Beth_Masey said:
SuperRed said:

So what if I did enjoy such a "random" flashback more than another's? What's even more of a lmao is that there are people like you who care so much about whatever different thing/s someone else enjoys more or less in something that you have to laugh or mock it. All a matter of opinions and to each their own. Get over it.

It's unfortunate that there are many people like you in the fanbase.

Calm down bro, I just found your opinion funny is all because it looked so hipster to me, you have every right to your opinion and I apologize if it came across like I was insulting you.
May 19, 2016 1:13 AM

Nov 2010
Only if you're still stuck in 2015
May 19, 2016 3:37 AM

Dec 2014
3/10. the only good thing about this arc is doflamingo
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 401 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

10 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

3 by Ptipana2077 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » You Favourite One Piece Opening?!

UnstableBrat - 11 hours ago

11 by UnstableBrat »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 771 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Barion-Zara - Dec 18, 2014

92 by KoniginElle »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Apr 23

55 by steeltec »»
May 1, 11:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.