Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2015 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh, that was predictable.

It looks like they managed to bring Rias back to her senses. That kiss didn't surprise me either. Wish they didn't go with all this anime original stuff. I'm guessing it's because they want to reach the latest LN volumes.

Cute kiss
Jun 20, 2015 7:25 AM

Nov 2007
He is thinking about buchou while being beaten up by her. With calling her by her name, she is saved. Everyone who went down is back safely. The fake main guy has the form when he went berserk. His new form, though, quickly done it. The dragon there lead them out safely, but don't remember much like the kiss.

That assistant is joined., and he is in the kid's show with oppai dance (with that song!!).
[spoiler]Oppai Dragon no Uta is in soundtrack (first track) releasing July 1!
http://www.haremking.tv/products/cd.html#st
It is also available for download through iTunes!
https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/oppaidoragonno-ge-single/id1003716450
tsubasaloverJun 24, 2015 11:37 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 20, 2015 7:26 AM

Apr 2008
I was fucking right all along. They ruined it.
NOW IT'S FUCKING RUINED
TyrelJun 21, 2015 2:12 PM
Jun 20, 2015 7:27 AM
Jul 2018
Well I was promised Chichigami and I did not get it! Aside from that, I'm not sure why they even had Rias in Scale Mail. It would've been better to just put the Issei clone in Juggernaut Drive from the start.

On the bright side, they foreshadowed what's going to happen next season very well, the Longinus possessor Diodora talked about, Sairaorg wanting to have a game against Rias, and Issei's dreams with Raynare (you fucking know there will be a season 4). I guess I'll just forget this season existed once the next comes out.

7/10 from an anime only standpoint
3/10 as an adaptation

TNK has to earn our trust back with season 4, but I'll give em the benefit of the doubt because they're doing the best volumes of the damn series.

Darklight0303 said:
I was fucking right all along. They ruined it.
NOW IT'S FUCKING RUINED

No, Ddraig said he wasn't sure what caused the power up. They basically butchered it to preview what's coming next season.
removed-userMar 22, 2016 4:32 PM
Jun 20, 2015 7:29 AM

Apr 2008
Ophis said:
Darklight0303 said:
I was fucking right all along. They ruined it. TRIAINA? FUCKING REALLY? THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN DURING THE KYOTO ARC IN THE FIGHT AGAINST CAO CAO. NOW IT'S FUCKING RUINED

No, Ddraig said he wasn't sure what caused the power up. They basically butchered it to preview what's coming next season.

A stupid decision =_=
Jun 20, 2015 7:29 AM

Apr 2014
time for ppl to complain that it was ruined

even tho the creator had most of the change input in this
Jun 20, 2015 7:33 AM

Aug 2014
This episode was longer :O
Ok this is RIP for DxD... I don't see season 4 coming after this... or they will make it anime original from vol 8-12 (or whatever make it up to vol 15-19).
Triaina showed, Issei pieces released by Ajuka...
that drama... and ending with Rossweise becoming devil (at least they showed this good how Rias deceived Rossweise so it is good) ? not with some major fight? an ending with oppai song ?:|

Some minor things: Kiba still got his uniform cut from fight, but they can recreate them with devil powers. They spent so much time in dimensional gap and returned unharmed. Fake Issei showed up again... got JD mode but got beaten easy...

I must lower my vote for this season...

Stark
Thyriad-oPPailovJun 20, 2015 7:42 AM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 20, 2015 7:43 AM
Jun 2014
Well, It's time for me to turn in a LNfag I guess...
Jun 20, 2015 7:43 AM

Apr 2008
Ophis said:
Well there's some DxD event in a few hours so let's just see.

I wish I had any optimism left at this point. Sadly TNK has bled that dry these past 3 episodes
Jun 20, 2015 7:46 AM

Aug 2014
Ophis said:

hmm?

this? http://haremking.tv/special/index.html#event621
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 20, 2015 8:06 AM

Sep 2008
Ophis said:

They will not announce remake that will follow novels, so there's no point for waiting. Even if there will be new series announcement, they will most probably butcher it even more. Born is ZnT F 2.0, next season would be look just like Rosario 2 (who care about source material, look at patsu!). That was last HDxD series that I watched.
Jun 20, 2015 8:11 AM

Jun 2013
Final episode huh...once again over 1 year wait for possible Season 4...Begins

and honestly....last 3 episodes Suck...I was sad when there was no Rias vs Sona RG......but this....Get the F out off here....butcher good series...hopefully season 4 will be better
JarjaxleJan 31, 2018 1:33 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jun 20, 2015 8:37 AM

Apr 2013
From an anime standpoint, this series really lacked in the final arc. That whole 'Rias possessed' deal just wasn't very interesting at all. And the final battle with the clone was meh too, but i can understand why they had to cut it short. I really hope the sub-par second half doesn't influence the BD sales too much, if only because i would have hopes for a better season 4.

From an LN standpoint, the changes were pretty inferior to what was in the books. But i'm not going to whine about it. It is what it is. I'm assuming the changes were made so they could actually skip ahead a bit in the LNs, to maybe give them a chance to animate the whole thing (once its done) i don't know. I hope that would be the case though cause it would mean they are planning subsequent seasons.
Jun 20, 2015 8:45 AM

Jun 2013
I still hope they will make a season 4. I want to watch more about Rossweise.
ryanstrikeJun 20, 2015 8:53 AM
Jun 20, 2015 9:13 AM

Oct 2010
I wonder if Japan felt the same way we do about DxD BorN and if that will greatly affect the Bluray sales, which is the factor that counts to decide if there should be a season 4 or not.

Also, have they announced if there'll be any additional content in BorN's Bluray version? Like specials (season 1) or additional scenes (season 2).
Jun 20, 2015 9:20 AM
Jun 2008
@Limechan

I think we're only gonna get the specials, not extended episodes.
Jun 20, 2015 9:25 AM

Jul 2009
no chichigami
oppai dragon comme too late
why welsh blaster bishop now?
no rating game.

I hope for a serious reboot before season 4 if there is one and hope it will be focus on volume 10-12 ONLY
bruh
Jun 20, 2015 9:29 AM

Apr 2014
Limechan said:
I wonder if Japan felt the same way we do about DxD BorN and if that will greatly affect the Bluray sales, which is the factor that counts to decide if there should be a season 4 or not.

Also, have they announced if there'll be any additional content in BorN's Bluray version? Like specials (season 1) or additional scenes (season 2).
japan actually liked it

what mal thinks about anything anime related means nothing at all
Jun 20, 2015 9:40 AM

Apr 2013
Moodie said:
Limechan said:

japan actually liked it

The moment you realize you should have been born in Japan after all T0T

P.S: I wouldn't call the anime original content to be bad. It's just that, the original content was so much better. I used to point out DxD has one of the best and faithful adaptation. Not anymore :(
fear80Jun 20, 2015 10:20 AM
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Jun 20, 2015 10:06 AM

Apr 2008
fear80 said:
Moodie said:
japan actually liked it

P.S: I wouldn't call the anime original content to bad. It's just the original content was so much better. I used to point out DxD has one of the best and faithful adaptation. Not anymore :(

That's what hurts the most. First two season were much more faithful to the original than most other adaptations. A shining exception in a sea of mediocre shit.
Jun 20, 2015 10:12 AM
Oct 2014
I wish they made the song at least play an important role in the story, but they instead played it as a end credit song for the end of the season. Clever but Sad Face :(
Jun 20, 2015 10:12 AM
Jun 2013
So it was THAT bad...? Oh man... -_-"
Jun 20, 2015 10:23 AM

Mar 2012
At the start i was alrigth with changes they were not major but than these last few episodes were like wtf...what the hell TNK what is wrong with u

My biggest disappointing i did not get to see the ratings games i was promised especially the one Sona vs Rias team's TNK I fking hate u know

If they are going to make a s4 ....for fks sake dont do these changes Again...Isse's juggernaut drive is nothing compared to what i will do to TNK if they do this again

the previous season i gave them a 10/10 this one i would give 7.5 but since this is mal il give it a reluctant 8
Jun 20, 2015 10:29 AM

Apr 2013
Darklight0303 said:
fear80 said:

P.S: I wouldn't call the anime original content to bad. It's just the original content was so much better. I used to point out DxD has one of the best and faithful adaptation. Not anymore :(

That's what hurts the most. First two season were much more faithful to the original than most other adaptations. A shining exception in a sea of mediocre shit.

Agree with you mate, I was just too sad to post these past episodes.

I liked the final episode tough, had all the feels :)
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Jun 20, 2015 10:37 AM
Jun 2015
fear80 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Agree with you mate, I was just too sad to post these past episodes.

I liked the final episode tough, had all the feels :)

where did u guys watch ep 12 english sub??
Jun 20, 2015 10:43 AM

Apr 2013
The anime44 site network doesn't have it yet. We watched raw anyway. Google :P
Jun 20, 2015 10:47 AM
May 2015
Isn't there an OVA in December? I haven't watched episode (not subbed yet) but did Born solve the Raynare problem? If not, then S4 is pretty much guaranteed
Jun 20, 2015 10:50 AM

Apr 2013
SovereignSky said:
Isn't there an OVA in December? I haven't watched episode (not subbed yet) but did Born solve the Raynare problem? If not, then S4 is pretty much guaranteed

Watching the final episode made me feel that toooo

Lot of chances for season 4.
Jun 20, 2015 10:51 AM

Apr 2008
SovereignSky said:

This episode spoiled Triaina which was supposed to happen during the Kyoto arc and also the name thing between Issei and Rias. >_>
Jun 20, 2015 10:52 AM
Jun 2014
SovereignSky said:

I think born didn't solve it, Issei doesn't remember what happened in that dimension, after he killed the clone
Jun 20, 2015 11:20 AM

Jun 2014
did not watch this, people seem pissed off, interesting
:3
Jun 20, 2015 11:35 AM

Jan 2014
Haven't watched it yet, will tonight when uncen, but from the looks of it everyone's complaining it was bad and unfaithful from the LN's pov. I'll probably start reading the LN to wash this out. If there is a s4, here's hoping it'll stay more faithful more than Born did. But, it happens. Tons of anime had this occurring, no point to stay pissed about this for too long. I'll cautiously be waiting for season 4.
Jun 20, 2015 12:14 PM

Feb 2015
Waiting on Funi (wtf still not up?)
I did manga to watch the dub, still isn't the same but it's much better then I thought at first..
Season 4 look's like a high chance, and I will also buy this season too add to my collection, I mean it did go off in the end but it's not the worst anime out there, still enjoyed watching it.
Jun 20, 2015 12:38 PM

Apr 2014
Well as some others said. It's really predictable. And the worst of all they crammed vol. 5 of the LN which is very long till volume 7.
And made an anime original crap. I just wish that TNK was not being a scaredy-cat doing 2 cours and didn't forced Ichiei Ishibumi to make a shit on his own work. Anyway still enjoyable season. But the previous seasons was better (for me). Things could be a lot better if it's more than 1 cour. A split cour of 2-6 could do it. And if they plan to make a Season 4 although it's most likely not(?). But I still hoping they will make one. If they do, they better make it a 2 or 3 cour! or RIOT!!! A split cour with many episodes is welcome too. Anyway I'll rate this a 7 out of 10 overall.
Or I'll make higher when the additional scenes or extended version was good after the BluRays came out.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 20, 2015 12:49 PM
May 2015
Rayzer said:
Well as some others said. It's really predictable. And the worst of all they crammed vol. 5 of the LN which is very long till volume 7.
And made an anime original crap. I just wish that TNK was not being a scaredy-cat doing 2 cours and didn't forced Ichiei Ishibumi to make a shit on his own work. Anyway still enjoyable season. But the previous seasons was better (for me). Things could be a lot better if it's more than 1 cour. A split cour of 2-6 could do it. And if they plan to make a Season 4 although it's most likely not(?). But I still hoping they will make one. If they do, they better make it a 2 or 3 cour! or RIOT!!! A split cour with many episodes is welcome too. Anyway I'll rate this a 7 out of 10 overall.
Or I'll make higher when the additional scenes or extended version was good after the BluRays came out.

I agree, Anime nowadays is just to grab attention rather than faithfully adapt the manga/LN. Few manga/LN get adapted faithfully and that's a problem. I love IS but doubt it'll get another season since S2 was very rushed for example. KnB is a good example of how you make a good anime adaptation.
Jun 20, 2015 12:58 PM

Apr 2014
SovereignSky said:

I agree, Anime nowadays is just to grab attention rather than faithfully adapt the manga/LN. Few manga/LN get adapted faithfully and that's a problem. I love IS but doubt it'll get another season since S2 was very rushed for example. KnB is a good example of how you make a good anime adaptation.

I'm just mad at TNK for not doing a 2 cour. I don't know what they could lose when they do it to their most popular series.
The previous seasons of Highschool DxD series was almost faithful to the LN though.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 20, 2015 1:11 PM

Jun 2013
As much as I enjoyed the last 1/4 of this episode it just doesnt make up for everything else. Gotta be honest with the score.

Wtf did Issei say to Rias on the shore? This guy will never call her by her name

At least oppai dragon got a childrens television show

dragon dragon dragon oppai dragon ~

Also, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK, why didnt they play the ending song for the last episode?? As awesome as oppai dragon song is it should have ended off on StlyipS. Rest in pieces, at least I can start listening to the song now
Jun 20, 2015 1:15 PM
May 2015
Rayzer said:
SovereignSky said:

I'm just mad at TNK for not doing a 2 cour. I don't know what they could lose when they do it to their most popular series.
The previous seasons of Highschool DxD series was almost faithful to the LN though.

Though it might not be the case......Isn't Shinmai Maou Testament New Burst in October? In the case this had been split cour, wouldn't Born be competing directly with it then? They are similar series after all.....and either's sales would suffer. Business first, Entertainment second sadly

*takes off conspiracy hat*
Jun 20, 2015 1:18 PM

Apr 2008
SovereignSky said:
Rayzer said:

Though it might not be the case......Isn't Shinmai Maou Testament New Burst in October? In the case this had been split cour, wouldn't Born be competing directly with it then? They are similar series after all.....and either's sales would suffer. Business first, Entertainment second sadly

*takes off conspiracy hat*

Shinmai Maou is a ripoff of DxD anyway >_>
Jun 20, 2015 1:29 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Moodie said:

That's what makes this even funnier lol
Jun 20, 2015 1:32 PM
May 2015
Tokoya said:
Moodie said:

Sometimes even authors mess up....but with Issei not remembering apparently, the Triaina thing isn't a big deal (they might even reference it when he actually gets it), even though his pieces should mutate now (which should be referenced by Ajuka) and the Raynare thing wasn't resolved so there's hope for S4
Jun 20, 2015 2:35 PM

Apr 2008
SovereignSky said:
Tokoya said:

Sometimes even authors mess up....but with Issei not remembering apparently, the Triaina thing isn't a big deal (they might even reference it when he actually gets it), even though his pieces should mutate now (which should be referenced by Ajuka) and the Raynare thing wasn't resolved so there's hope for S4

Triaina was a complete surprise in the Novels. Now we already know what the next powerup will look like. That plot development IS damaged as a consequence
Jun 20, 2015 2:56 PM
May 2015
Darklight0303 said:
SovereignSky said:

Triaina was a complete surprise in the Novels. Now we already know what the next powerup will look like. That plot development IS damaged as a consequence

I kinda like power-up foreshadowing rather than instant though......maybe a burst of power or semi-transforming into it would've been better. I agree it's damaged but we still got Cardinal.....hopefully
Jun 20, 2015 3:06 PM

Oct 2014
This season of Highschool DxD is worse then other seasons adaptation-wise however it manages to not trainwreck and butcher it whilst being entertaining and a descent finale.

However i have to point out some major scenes left out. (personally)
- Lack of Rossweisse, it feels like shes "just there" now wtihout a proper reason being there and only because of the fact that its like that in the LN.
-Issei and his training, also that the girls acknowledge his physique and praises him for his hard work.
-Oppai song/JD (what upset 80% of fanbase lol)
-Bromance with Saji outside Gremory Castle, IIRC.
-RATING GAME.
-AKENO ARC BUTCHERED.

guess thats about it, there are still some minor stuff that bothered me.. this will do for now.. think i got most of the major stuff pointed out..
Jun 20, 2015 3:19 PM

Mar 2015
Pretty underwhelming season overall imo,DxD was definetly one of the more enjoyable ecchi/harem shows for me but this season was just...bad.
If they make another season,I don't think I'll be watching it ;/
Jun 20, 2015 3:34 PM

Apr 2010
LEL someone 9/10 from anime only. No way, I haven't read the LN at all and this season was crap, easily the worst of the 3. They killed the entire season last week, nothing could have saved it. This makes me rethink ever watching this series again.
Jun 20, 2015 6:52 PM
Feb 2013
Moodie said:

What's your point? Even authors make mistakes. This season is easily the worst out of the 3.

Moodie said:
Limechan said:

japan actually liked it

That's nice. Still doesn't stop this season from being bad.

Jun 20, 2015 6:56 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
ZeroChaos said:
Moodie said:

What's your point? Even authors make mistakes. This season is easily the worst out of the 3.
I think what he's trying to say is that maybe there is a reason as to why the author decided to take things in this direction and if this man is as great as you say he is (I mean come on, you guys are hardcore fanatics of his work) then you should at least trust him on this one and see where he takes things from here

I said it before and I'll say it again, the point of an adaptation is not to be a carbon copy of what it is adapting

And yes, even though this season is the weakest of the three (Although personally I like it more than S1) it's still better than most action/ecchi series that we've seen for the past 2 year
TokoyaJun 20, 2015 7:02 PM
Jun 20, 2015 7:00 PM
Feb 2013
Except that people feared how this season would turn out, after hearing it would be 3 Volumes instead of the normal 2. Whether he has a plan or not, doesn't change the fact it was poorly done.
Jun 20, 2015 7:03 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
ZeroChaos said:
Except that people feared how this season would turn out, after hearing it would be 3 Volumes instead of the normal 2. Whether he has a plan or not, doesn't change the fact it was poorly done.
Poorly done from a LN purists point of view*

It really wasn't that bad as you guys want it to be

Anyway, my advice to all of you is to stop jumping to conclusions and see where things goes in S4 and to please get this ridiculous notion that the only way an adaptation can succeed is if it's completely identical to the source material....

I get enough of that shit from Fai and The Salt Brigade every weekend and I don't need to see it here too
TokoyaJun 20, 2015 7:06 PM
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

144 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 11:00 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

135 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 9:51 AM

» The last three episodes are filler

5hyguy - Feb 24

16 by adityakush_477 »»
Mar 28, 12:10 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2015

175 by DoryWinter »»
Nov 22, 2023 2:19 PM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

259 by FedeMetal »»
Oct 13, 2023 7:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.