Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 5, 2015 6:38 PM

Sep 2014
Where do you think Soma would place in the Elite 10? (Let's say as a third year when he's at his peak and the current Elite 10 have all graduated except Erina)

I know he's the main protagonist and he has plot armour and stuff, but I don't see him surpassing his father to be a 1st Seat, especially with the people he has as competition right now. Right now I would honestly place him at 4th or 5th in the ranking of the First Year chefs, 3rd max. In their third year see the rankings being something like:
1st Hayama
2nd Erina
3rd Kurokiba
4th Alice
5th Soma
6th Aldini

Basically Im saying, try omitting personal bias and honestly rank Soma. Can you really see him surpassing his father and becoming a 1st Seat...?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 5, 2015 6:41 PM

Aug 2012
At his peak? Well I think he'll definitely be the 1st seat to prove worthy enough to truly challenge his father. I think his father is the final boss, not anyone else.
Jun 5, 2015 6:41 PM

Jan 2014
He will be 2nd and leave like his daddy before being number 1.

Why? Cause I read minds.
I love my gurlz
Jun 5, 2015 10:45 PM

Jan 2015
I'd say it'll end up being Souma beating out Erina for the top spot. But I want Megumi to have a Top 10 spot as well.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 6, 2015 2:55 PM
May 2014
You kind of forget that when there will be second years and first years in the Totsuki 10 when Souma will be in third year.
Jun 6, 2015 2:56 PM
May 2014
Souma will either be 2nd place and find a woman and leave or be first place.
Jun 6, 2015 3:03 PM

Aug 2012
Erina will be number 1
Souma will be number 2

Jun 6, 2015 9:27 PM

Dec 2011
He'll be 2nd until he and Erina have their final battle then he'll take the top.
Jun 6, 2015 10:39 PM

Aug 2014
Where are people getting 1st and 2nd from? Man is far away from those seats.
Jun 6, 2015 10:43 PM

Jun 2012
Crips said:
Yeah but he's saying in Souma's third year, so this will probably be hundreds of chapters and a dozen training arcs down the line.

If Souma is still not up to snuff with people like Hayama, and Kurokiba by then, what would even keep us reading?
Jun 6, 2015 10:51 PM

Aug 2014
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Crips said:
Yeah but he's saying in Souma's third year, so this will probably be hundreds of chapters and a dozen training arcs down the line.

If Souma is still not up to snuff with people like Hayama, and Kurokiba by then, what would even keep us reading?

I think this arc got more attraction, so it's all good for now at least.
Jun 7, 2015 1:59 AM
Aug 2014
Kris813 said:
Where do you think Soma would place in the Elite 10? (Let's say as a third year when he's at his peak and the current Elite 10 have all graduated except Erina)

I know he's the main protagonist and he has plot armour and stuff, but I don't see him surpassing his father to be a 1st Seat, especially with the people he has as competition right now. Right now I would honestly place him at 4th or 5th in the ranking of the First Year chefs, 3rd max. In their third year see the rankings being something like:
1st Hayama
2nd Erina
3rd Kurokiba
4th Alice
5th Soma
6th Aldini

Basically Im saying, try omitting personal bias and honestly rank Soma. Can you really see him surpassing his father and becoming a 1st Seat...?

I think he will deny his spot there because he wants to be a challenger
Jun 10, 2015 12:43 AM
Apr 2013
#1. He has been following his father the whole time, now he's just wanting to be better, so #2 is out of question. Although #1 seems so farfetched since he can't even beat a first year.

And OP pointed out the exact point. Seeing his competition now, forget #1, I can't see him being even #2. Hayama and Erina are above him interms of cooking Even Alice's cooking skill is better than him, she just lacks the creativity. So just basing on cooking skills, He's likely to be #4 or #5. I clearly see Erina being #1, Hayama as #2, Alice as #3, and Soma and Ryo fighting for the #4 spot. People are way too biased if they think Soma'll be #1.

inb4 he's improving: Yes that is true, but the opponents are also improving at the same time. Consider the points objectively.
C2FlashJun 23, 2015 3:58 AM
Jun 12, 2015 5:29 PM

Dec 2014
I think he'll take the number two spot. Though they recently showed that he's trying to take his own path, not his dads, I see him hitting the number two spot and then stopping.
The only way I could see Soma taking number 1 is if he finds a girl. But with the possibility that said girl could be Erina, would he try and take that from her? I don't know, he's only halfway-2/3 through his first year. Too early to say for certain.
Jun 21, 2015 5:59 AM

Mar 2015
bobzanny said:
I'd say it'll end up being Souma beating out Erina for the top spot. But I want Megumi to have a Top 10 spot as well.

I think megumi is defenitly in elite 10.

1.: Souma
2.: Erina
3.: Hayama
4.: Alice
5.: Ryo
6.: Megumi
7.: Takumi
8.: Isami
9.: Arato
10.: Hōjō
Jun 29, 2015 12:57 PM

Aug 2013
its been heaviky hinted that all 8 who were in the election will join the elite 10. I think Hayama or Alice is going to get in before Souma, but by the end of the manga he should be 1 or 2.

I'd say that the current top rankings aee something like this

Erina
Hayama
Souma
Ryo
Alice (tbh she could probably still beat Ryo and Souma)

so the top 5 will be similar to this^

bottom 5 may include Megumi, Takumi, Hishoko and the like, but there maybe also be new underclassmen who come in and are really good.
Jun 29, 2015 8:34 PM

Nov 2011
I don't think he should even join. I see Souma as underdog and being part of Elite group just doesn't suit him. I want him to beat the Elite Ten without joining them but being part of the group does have a lot of benefits in expanding his cooking skills.

Jun 29, 2015 9:47 PM

Sep 2013
1 Erina
2 Takumi
3 Souma
4 Hayama
5 Hisako
6 Alice
7 Megumi
8 Ryo
9 marui or ibusaki
10 new character
Jun 30, 2015 6:32 AM

Jul 2008
I think he will end up like his dad in which he reach the 2nd seat and quit before graduation. The interesting fact is that we still don't know why his dad left before graduating, it could be that he found something more important worth fighting for (could be love :D) and so I think they will go that path with Souma too. If this is the case then Erina will stay on the #1 spot ORRR she will leave the academy with Souma for his family business :3
Jun 30, 2015 10:36 PM

Jun 2015
As much as I would like for Soma to take the number 1 seat, I think he'll end up getting the 2nd seat (granted he surpasses Akira Hayama, Ryo Kurokiba and Alice Nakiri). Erina is just way too good. She's too talented to take any seat other than the first. Even Gin Dojima said that "she will become the academy's greatest masterpiece, a monster." That's coming from arguably the greatest Totsuki alumnus. You can't take that lightly.

Anyway, we'll see what happens.
Jul 1, 2015 11:52 PM

Jun 2014
What I think: He will be around 4 because I think Ryou and Hayama and Erina are better than Souma
What I expect: He will be second seat with Erina first seat
Jul 3, 2015 8:40 AM

Sep 2013
Souma should surpass Erina by the end, I mean she has to fall for the foodgasm and go out with Souma :)
If anything Takumi will surpass him since he's his official rival.
Jul 3, 2015 8:40 AM
Apr 2013
FrancisUnderwood said:
As much as I would like for Soma to take the number 1 seat, I think he'll end up getting the 2nd seat (granted he surpasses Akira Hayama, Ryo Kurokiba and Alice Nakiri). Erina is just way too good. She's too talented to take any seat other than the first. Even Gin Dojima said that "she will become the academy's greatest masterpiece, a monster." That's coming from arguably the greatest Totsuki alumnus. You can't take that lightly.

Anyway, we'll see what happens.
Exactly. Akira, Ryo and even Alice seem a better chef than Souma right now. #2 is farfetched let alone #1. Souma really needs to have a spike growth if he wants to become #1 (which'll ruin the manga honestly).
Aug 2, 2015 10:35 AM
Jul 2015
I think erina will be souma's inspiration cauz like his father said " the secret to become a good chef is meeting woman that will make you want to give all the food you make to her". And one of souma's goal is to make erina say delicious and accept his cooking.
Aug 2, 2015 10:39 AM
Jul 2015
How bout he never "takes" any seat? He refuses to take it...
Aug 7, 2015 4:09 PM

Aug 2015
His first seat will be the 8th after winning it against Kuga. And of course , he'll be the 1st in his 3rd year , but I do think that he'll leave before graduation , he'll surely find a way about how to surpass Erina and Akira (that's his specialty) Here my top 10 :
1-Soma.
2-Erina.
3-Hayama.
4-Ryou.
5-Takumi.
6-Alice.
7- (Isami ?).
8- A 2nd year.
9- A 2nd year or a 1st year.
10-Megumi.

But I'm just sure about the first four , and the rest , not so. So , sorry for my bad English , if so , I'm French and I'm doing my best ;)
"Slowly but surely."-Me

Hey Pals Let's Be Unique!
Aug 7, 2015 4:16 PM

May 2010
The manga will end before he makes the Elite 10

I can totally see the author doing this lol. Might be more symbolic if he ends up in 2nd seat with Erina at 1st
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 7, 2015 5:38 PM

Aug 2015
Confucius said:
The manga will end before he makes the Elite 10

I can totally see the author doing this lol. Might be more symbolic if he ends up in 2nd seat with Erina at 1st

No , I don't think so , it'll last for over 300 chapters , no less.
"Slowly but surely."-Me

Aug 7, 2015 5:56 PM
Jul 2015
Erina will be 1st of course... She's my queen. I want to server her :)
Aug 7, 2015 7:54 PM

Apr 2015
Soma then Erina respectively.
#CHEXIT
Aug 7, 2015 8:58 PM
Jul 2015
Imeon said:

Souma will never be #1 seat... That's just ridiculous...
Aug 8, 2015 3:58 AM

Aug 2015
Commentator1 said:
Erina will be 1st of course... She's my queen. I want to server her :)

Me too <3 But I'm sure I'll be of no help for her :'(
"Slowly but surely."-Me

Sep 3, 2015 9:57 AM
Aug 2015
I would hope by his third year he'd make the first seat. He so brazenly declared in his speech during the opening ceremony that he would "take the top" and I don't see Souma as the type to go back on his word like that.

Souma's rate of growth has been shown to be insane. You would think not attending middle school at the academy would be a huge handicap yet he still managed to make it into the top 3 in the Autumn Elections and he's not even done his first year yet. I can't even imagine what he'll be like in his second year, especially if he manages to find and perfect his own unique style of cooking. By his third year he will be top tier. He has such an insane amount of potential and he has tons of support which includes current and former elite 10 members.

As the main character in a battle shounen manga, he just has to come out on top at some point in the manga. The more we watch him fail and just barely make it through, the more we want to see him ultimately succeed. They say success is built on failures and I think Souma embodies that. In fact, I think he's probably the most adept at dealing with failure having netted nearly 500 losses against his dad. Lol.
Sep 4, 2015 5:35 AM

Apr 2015
Commentator1 said:
Imeon said:

Souma will never be #1 seat... That's just ridiculous...

It depends how it will be delivered.
#CHEXIT
Sep 4, 2015 6:10 AM

Jan 2013
If Soma makes it to the top 10, there's no way that he'll be below Erina. It'll just serve to Erina always be the arrogant bitch that she is.

There's just 3 options: manga ends before that, he leaves Totsuki. He ends with the 1st seat.
Sep 4, 2015 7:29 AM
Aug 2012
Erina is probably going to end up being a terribly overrated chef that's better suited as a taste tester.
Sep 5, 2015 4:16 AM

Aug 2015
I just don't see Soma surpassing the natural abilities Erina and Hayama have. Ryou also cooks by instinct, which have been honed and sharpened for a long time. Unless Soma gets hit by a jolt of lightning that dramatically increases his talent, I don't see him taking the first place, given his competition is steep.
Sep 5, 2015 8:29 AM

Jan 2013
Hachinozen said:
I just don't see Soma surpassing the natural abilities Erina and Hayama have. Ryou also cooks by instinct, which have been honed and sharpened for a long time. Unless Soma gets hit by a jolt of lightning that dramatically increases his talent, I don't see him taking the first place, given his competition is steep.

It doesn't matter. This is Jump and Soma is the protagonist. If he can't surpass his adversaries, the whole point is lost.

And he was already on par with Hayama and Ryou before. Hayama won just because he was the only one that put his personality in the dish. It wasn't a matter of the taste. The judges cleary said this.

When Soma figures his own cuisine, it's just a matter of time.
Sep 24, 2015 5:16 AM

Jul 2015
Only reason Hayama won is because he has a woman to cook for.
If Souma finds one.. it's over.
Sep 24, 2015 8:41 AM

Mar 2012
I want Megumi to take the first seat and Souma the 2nd seat
Sep 25, 2015 3:53 PM

Apr 2013
Shokugeki said:

Me too.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Sep 26, 2015 8:55 AM
Apr 2013
Shokugeki said:
I want Megumi to take the first seat

That'll never happen *pats*.

ReaperX- said:
Only reason Hayama won is because he has a woman to cook for.
If Souma finds one.. it's over.

Actually it was because he had a specialty and showed his personality in this cooking.
Oct 13, 2015 10:27 AM
May 2015
People seems to forget or underestimate Arato. People are including Megumi in the top 10 but not Erina's secretary? And there's the copy-cat guy too, althought he's a wild card (I mean, he's only as strong as who he is copying).

I wouldn't place their order yet in the Elite Ten since there's still room for development for everyone. But as of now, here's how I see their rankings:

1. Erina (Obviously)
2. Hayama
3. Alice/Ryou
4. Alice/Ryou (Yes, I still see Alice to be a better chef than Souma. Souma basically won against Souma via power of feelings since the theme was bento)
5. Souma
6. Arato/Takumi
7. Arato/Takumi
8.Mimasaka
9. Megumi ( I for one, still believes that Megumi is still a tier below the people mentioned above her. The only reason she got to the top 8 because she's also a main heroine and she needs power/character development)

Though shonen-logic would state that Souma will end up #1 in the Elite Ten by the end of series. Realistically, it would be farfetched for him seeing the competition in his year. Unless this becomes your typical shonen where the MC continues to power up while the othergets close to zero development (Naruto, DBZ, etc.)

P.S on a side note, since we've seen people teaming up just like in the latest festival, who else thinks it would be too awesome to see a Erina/Hayama combo. God's Tongue + God' Nose.
Oct 14, 2015 6:51 AM

Aug 2015
HamBaconEgg said:
People seems to forget or underestimate Arato. People are including Megumi in the top 10 but not Erina's secretary? And there's the copy-cat guy too, althought he's a wild card (I mean, he's only as strong as who he is copying).

I wouldn't place their order yet in the Elite Ten since there's still room for development for everyone. But as of now, here's how I see their rankings:

1. Erina (Obviously)
2. Hayama
3. Alice/Ryou
4. Alice/Ryou (Yes, I still see Alice to be a better chef than Souma. Souma basically won against Souma via power of feelings since the theme was bento)
5. Souma
6. Arato/Takumi
7. Arato/Takumi
8.Mimasaka
9. Megumi ( I for one, still believes that Megumi is still a tier below the people mentioned above her. The only reason she got to the top 8 because she's also a main heroine and she needs power/character development)

First , It's right that we tend to forget /underestimate Arato and/or Mimasaka.
Second , here my rankings with some modifications: (for the end , at their 3 years)

1-Soma
2-Erina
3-Hayama
4-Kurukiba (I thinks that he's likely to be like
5-Alice
6-Arato
7-Takumi/Mimasaka
8-Takumi/Mimasaka
9-Megumi
10-a new character/a 2nd year/a sister or a brother of someone higher/Ibusaki/Isami/Mitsuru/transfer student(new)/Kurase o_o

Yeah , I have a ton of idea as who can be in at the 10th seat :P
"Slowly but surely."-Me

Oct 14, 2015 9:46 AM

Mar 2015
iSheep said:
Shokugeki said:

Me too.

Me too.
Oct 15, 2015 5:48 AM

Oct 2013
Zeus4President said:
He will be 2nd and leave like his daddy before being number 1.
I was thinking pretty much this myself. It could be possible tbh seeing how extreme Souma can get at times.
Oct 15, 2015 2:54 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I highly think he might get the first seat even if he doesn't deserve it because Souma's goal is to get to a position that even his dad wasn't able to do.
Oct 21, 2015 12:07 PM

Jan 2013
Either one of these two.
First way
1. Souma
2. Erina

Souma will be the best chef and if you notice, souma learns really fast and puts everything he knows/failure into his cooking and become better everytime.

Second way
1.Erina
2. Souma

In this version, souma leaves the school like his dad before becoming first.
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Oct 28, 2015 5:18 PM

Apr 2015
loveyuri said:

Second way
1.Erina
2. Souma

In this version, souma leaves the school like his dad before becoming first.

Third Way
1. Hayama
2. Ryo

Souma and Erina leaves school and start to make Yukihira Restaurant bigger than it was that is after getting married.
#CHEXIT
Nov 2, 2015 6:32 PM

Mar 2012
Commentator1 said:
How bout he never "takes" any seat? He refuses to take it...

I was thinking about this as well but I bet he is going to take the 1st since his goal from the very beginning is to beat is father. I'm certain that there'll be some time in the story when Souma is gonna train with someone or somewhere else and when he comes back he's gonna take the Elite 10 by surprise because that's his ultimate goal.

If he doesn't take the 1st Seat then I will be very pissed off, that's basically the main reason behind the story of Shokugeki no Souma.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 315 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Arjuna777 - Jun 12, 2019

134 by addictedtoliving »»
Aug 5, 2023 5:38 AM

» COMPLETED Compilation of All Recipes!

kayune_ - Aug 1, 2022

4 by reedread »»
Feb 13, 2023 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 283 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

24 by uglycat »»
Oct 23, 2022 10:42 AM

Poll: » Our Love Counseling Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2014

18 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2022 6:16 AM

Poll: » Best Girl of Shokugeki no Souma ( 1 2 3 4 )

Subbed - Apr 8, 2014

158 by Saia_er »»
Aug 16, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.