Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 21, 2015 10:11 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah that was interesting, some bonding between the teacher and Hachiman. She looks cute when blushing:

It looks like Hachiman did some catching up with Yui and Yukino again. Pretty emotion heavy episode with even Hachiman showing a bit of expression. Oh the feels ;_;
May 21, 2015 10:13 AM

Oct 2010
The feels are real. HACHIMAN TEARS ;-;

May 21, 2015 10:17 AM

Nov 2007
Meeting the teacher, who he had to say about his trouble. Talk about how to solve problem about human relations and understand them. It seems like main guy likes the teacher (his thought about if he has born something years earlier when talking about she cannot find someone to marry)?

He asked the two girls for help solving the problem. Hayami-san's character said he should be solved alone if it's caused by himself, but Touyama-san's character said it's everyone's fault for not communicating. He wants something "real", which is hard to understand (that means he felt something "real" with the two that he decided to listen to what his sister ask him to do and stopped them during the election). They still accept the request.
tsubasaloverMay 21, 2015 10:32 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 21, 2015 10:18 AM

Apr 2015
Manly tears...or should I say GENUINE tears.
May 21, 2015 10:20 AM
Apr 2015
Hachiman cries..... Yukino cries.......
I wanna cry too.......
May 21, 2015 10:45 AM
Apr 2015
Hachiman has a thing for Sensei!!! I knew it! if only he was born 10yrs earlier like he said...
Thus the episode of Hachiman graduating from being Batman 0.5 the boy shed tears! Yui shed tears! Yukino ran like a b*tch (yet again) WAKARANAI WA! and cries after Yui hugging her, now I feel like Yukino deserves to end with Hachiman, her whiny high and mighty a*s needs him more than Yui does.
May 21, 2015 11:14 AM

Apr 2015
Not gonna lie, I was preparing myself for the climax there where 8man was on the verge of tears but then I started laughing looking at how they animated his eyes.
Haha
May 21, 2015 11:20 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They did a GENUINELY great job with this episode. Hikigaya's voice actor breaking voice, the expressions on Yui/Yukino when Hachiman finally reveals himself, the music, the direction. Genuinely very pleased with how they pulled it off. The shells of both Yukino and Hachiman dropped for a moment and it was an awesome thing to see. And kudos to Yui who manages to bridge the gap between those two. It should never be forgotten that she helps bring them together to solve their differences.

As an added bonus, they made Sensei particularly Shizukacute. Hachiman really should have been 10 years older to be together with her.

Teachers sure can rent some expensive rides in Japan though, LOL. Isn't that an Aston Martin? I have to applaud her for her taste thogh.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 21, 2015 11:36 AM

Oct 2014
So..this was the awaited episode of emotions. Firstly I loved the voice acting - they did a splendid job in expressing 8man's emotions.
In short this episode concludes their relationships back to normal I think and the next episode will probably of solving Iroha's request.
Hachiman's crying face was epic. FEEL great job !
appu1232 said:
Not gonna lie, I was preparing myself for the climax there where 8man was on the verge of tears but then I started laughing looking at how they animated his eyes.
Haha

Yeah that threw me off my chair for a while :D I was thinking when did Hachiman had eyes like Brock (from Pokemon)

Hachiman can also flatter sensei's well teehee
At the ending scenes when Shizuka says - "I want to marry, I think I might volunteer
IizyMay 21, 2015 11:43 AM
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 21, 2015 11:39 AM

Apr 2015
Gotta say i'm worried about how they are gonna adapt chapter 8 now with the big scene. Supposedly, this next episode finishes chapter 8 but this episode only brought us to the end of chapter 6. Chapter 7 was very eventful and there needs to be quite a bit of set up for chapter 8.

I hope they can fit it all into 20 mins without making it seem rushed/skipping material.
May 21, 2015 11:42 AM

May 2015
5/5 because of the way they animated Hikigaya's crying face. Gold.
One of my favorite parts of the LN
May 21, 2015 11:51 AM
Jan 2015
Excellent episode. Gotta love sensei.

The "Yukino is a b*tch!" crowd will have field day with this episode. Shame they can't understand her.

appu1232 said:
Gotta say i'm worried about how they are gonna adapt chapter 8 now with the big scene. Supposedly, this next episode finishes chapter 8 but this episode only brought us to the end of chapter 6. Chapter 7 was very eventful and there needs to be quite a bit of set up for chapter 8.

I hope they can fit it all into 20 mins without making it seem rushed/skipping material.

Also, this. I expected this episode to end a little further into the LN. I can't complain, because they really needed to do these scenes justice... But I hope it doesn't rush the next chapters... We'll see I guess.

Final opinion: 5/5 Nicely done, I'll be disappointed in the Yukino hate that'll come from this episode, but hey, people are entitled to their opinions. Maybe they'll change their opinion by the end of the series.
指が折れるまで!
May 21, 2015 11:52 AM
Sep 2013
everyone's crying, again, they took it to another level. an episode full of feeling from studio feels. nice one, really.

And seeing hiratsuka-sensei blushing like that might've boost her popularity, get merit asap sensei!

hikki expression when he's about to cry is kinda.. funny and unexpected. And Yukino sure close that door quite hard :|
May 21, 2015 1:02 PM

Aug 2011
"I can't understand"

Me too I can't understand why people said like after this episode or LN vol.9 Yukino proves that she's the best girl. You know in the first season I totally shipped her with 8man since I loved the chemistry between them, and I wasn't interested in Yui at that time. But now I start to think that Yui may be the better choice for 8man. Seeing him gathering his courage to ask the club a request/ being honest with his feelings and seeing Yukino's response made me feel this. If Yui wasn't here to hold back 8man and chase after Yukino their friendship would end here.
I know Yukino has her own reason. Yui and 8man didn't speak their thought out and they're at fault for what is happening. But Yukino also did the same thing, so why this attitude ._.

Anw feel did a good job in this episode. The atmosphere and the OST are great. 8man's seiyuu and the way they control his thought are great too.
sekuharaMay 21, 2015 3:16 PM
May 21, 2015 1:13 PM

Apr 2015
sekuhara said:
"I can't understand"

Me too I can't understand why people said like after this episode or LN vol.9 Yukino proves that she's the best girl. You know in the first season I totally shipped her with 8man since I loved the chemistry between them, and I wasn't interested in Yui at that time. But now I start to think that Yui may be the better choice for 8man. Seeing him gathering his courage to ask the club a request/ being honest with his feelings and seeing Yukino's response made me feel this. If Yui wasn't here to hold back 8man and chase after Yukino their friendship would end here.
I know Yukino has her own reason. Yui and 8man didn't speak their thought out and they're at fault for what are happening. But Yukino also did the same thing, so why this attitude ._.

Anw feel did a good job in this episode. The atmosphere and the OST are great. 8man's seiyuu and the way they control his thought are great too.

Well to be fair, this kind of left off at a weird part. The reason people thought this episode would help people appreciate and like Yukino's character more was because the majority of us who have read the LN thought this episode would end at chapter 7 but this only got to the end of chapter 6.

That's kind of why I wish this episode didn't end so early. Now we have to deal with another week of people complaining that they don't understand Yukino's attitude and thus hate her as a character.
May 21, 2015 2:33 PM
May 2015
Yukino: I already told you that you dont have to force yourself to come anymore
Me: Here we go again.
Yukino: Thats your fault, I cant help you
Me: WTH? what does your club do?
Hiki: I want something real "cries"
Me: Holy crap!
Yui: "cries"
Me: .... seems like a good follow up! nice!
Yukino: I dont understand "runs away"
Me: bitch girl say what? thanks for ruining it!
Yui: We gotta go after her!
Me: No no no! ah the heck with it.
Yukino: Tells Yui she's a coward
Me: Yeah... youre one to talk.
8episodes counting and she still makes me cringe. Seriously I liked her at season 1 but now I dont anymore. Im amazed at novel readers taking the effort to prove people like me that "oh you just dont understand her character, SNAFU too deep for you?" conceited readers! inb4 Yukinofag best girl rider attacks! "prepares shield"
May 21, 2015 2:47 PM

May 2008
appu1232 said:
That's kind of why I wish this episode didn't end so early. Now we have to deal with another week of people complaining that they don't understand Yukino's attitude and thus hate her as a character.

To be fair, at this point I think I'll need a spectacular explanation to change my mind about the layer of hell I think she deserves.
Also, a character can be both understood and hated.
May 21, 2015 2:49 PM

Apr 2013
RyuYamada said:

Yukino did change at the end of season 1 and season 2 is just the follow up. The Yukino you remember is probably the one at the beginning of season 1.
I guess that waiting 2 years for season 2 makes us forget things...
May 21, 2015 2:50 PM
Aug 2012
Ruzgfpegk said:
appu1232 said:

To be fair, at this point I think I'll need a spectacular explanation to change my mind about the layer of hell I think she deserves.

The problem is people don't even try to understand or make up wrong interpretations just for hating and we don't get in her mind like Hikigaya's.

May 21, 2015 2:54 PM

Apr 2015
Ruzgfpegk said:
appu1232 said:

Well you're not going to get a spectacular explanation that's for sure. If anything there'll be closure. If you still hate her character up to this point then I doubt anything else that's coming up will change your mind.

That said I don't really get the hate for the posters that are defending Yukino, myself included. It's not like we're saying "YUKINO BEST GIRL U KIDS BETTER APPRECIATE OR ELSE UR LOSERS" Most of the time some neutral party asks what's going on, we give a reasonalbe explanation to it that is not very far-fetched at all, and then we are greeted with much backlash.

Not you specifically btw, just in general.
appu1232May 21, 2015 4:26 PM
May 21, 2015 3:10 PM
Apr 2013
LOL at Yukino running away. Shit was cringe worthy.
May 21, 2015 3:27 PM

May 2008
Okay, here's what I think (no spoilers).

You have someone forced to be in a club with an "alien" goal ("helping people" while all she wants seems to be "making things right" according to her own views even if it's not what's asked of her).
A guy is forced into the same club but its goal is alien to him for another reason ("helping people" while he hates how they are, but he'll do it anyway).

Several missions come and go and the gap is only getting bigger between those two views (the score gap too, because she never really succeeds).

So when said gap is big enough to stop any interaction, she drives out the guy who gets things done so she can have the privilege to be the depressing presence to a girl who didn't do anything wrong, so of course she doesn't like the fact that he continues to help despite being "cast out"... which he always was so it won't be the thing stopping him.
If she was the one leaving, the two others would feel better.
If she values real things, why is she showing everyone a stupid fake smile and hiding her intentions while not even being honest with herself?
Trying to act like a saint (and failing at it) can't hide a rotten core.

Hiratsuka is another negative force in this story, as she keeps trying to turn (yukino)shit(a) into gold with the same mindset as a drunk hobo believing the next cheap bottle will contain a winning lottery ticket, without realizing it can only get worse.

Oh well. Commenting on a story written by a guy who was younger than me when he wrote it... is weird.
He will probably write a "good ending" with resolution through feelings overflow as expected, but it would seem out-of-character for most of those involved.
IRL there is no way it could end well. At best they'd meet by mistake 10 years later and admit everyone was wrong in some way, because they'd be detached enough from all this.
RuzgfpegkMay 21, 2015 3:37 PM
May 21, 2015 3:37 PM

Apr 2015
We see what we want to see. I understand and respect your outlook but I disagree with how you think the story should/could have played out if she were to do and not do certain things.

But at this point I don't think either of our arguments can really win one or the other over as this is just a matter of different opinions so I'll just leave it at that.
May 21, 2015 3:50 PM
Oct 2012
Yui >>>>>> Yukino Million times.

Im Laughed to people that said Yukino the one who understand 8man the most last week when it proved otherwise.
May 21, 2015 4:15 PM

Jul 2014
silvermagus said:

Im Laughed to people that said Yukino the one who understand 8man the most last week when it proved otherwise.

Yui is like this guy....
May 21, 2015 4:24 PM

Aug 2013
Sophistry, deception, mocking oneself, and in the end.... honesty.

worldeditor11 said:
LOL at Yukino running away. Shit was cringe worthy.

Lol yeah, it's my only gripe in this episode (and also in the novel). I understand why she was like that though.
May 21, 2015 4:39 PM
Oct 2012
Temera1re said:
silvermagus said:

Yui is like this guy....

Nah that guy try to feeling like he did accomplished something without actually doing anything.
Yui always want doing something only her lacking skill to do it.
silvermagusMay 21, 2015 4:42 PM
May 21, 2015 4:51 PM

Jan 2014
I should re watch season 1 and season 2 because i'm not understanding this whole drama.
May 21, 2015 5:04 PM

Nov 2007
Pluses of this episode:

Hiratsuka-sensei blushing. Damn you 10 years!
Komachi's sleeping face with her cat.
Yukino's grumpy face. I always thought she cannot be cute, I couldn't have been more wrong.
Hachiman opening up to the two girls. Manly tears were shed. The death of the Batman in him.
Iroha pointing out where Yukino went.
Yui and Yukino embrace and cry.

Also, someone please get our Sensei a husband. <3

Minuses of this episode:

I didn't know you can rent a car like that in Japan. Even if you did, I don't want to think how much it would cost per day. But that's not it. That engine sounded more like a 1971 Publica than a 2012 Vantage.
I think Yukino running away slamming the door was a bit out of her character. If she simply walked away, it would fit her character more.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 21, 2015 5:11 PM

Dec 2009
SO many amazing feels and one liners in this episode
"I want something genuine."
"I don't understand."

And the weekly Isshiki of course. My god that scene was so emotional, Hachiman and Yukino cry, we get more insight to their characters, and Yui grows as a character as well.

It's true they don't understand each other. And it's true that even if they talk they may still be unable to understand each other. Maybe that genuine thing Hikigaya wants is impossible to get truely. Maybe this club will never be able to understand each other. But as a group they are moving together, trying to reach that genuine thing and to understand each other.

It's hard to understand anybody other than yourself. You think they'll do one thing and they do another, you think a person is a certain way, but they are a different person around other people. Hikki thought Yukino was infallible, Yukino thought Hikki was infallible. They both were disappointed in the other and from that point they didn't think they understood each other. As pointed out, Yui also copes through avoiding the problem. She is social and friendly, but she too doesn't understand because she acts as if there wasn't a problem even though she knew there was a big issue in the club.

Hikigaya doesn't want a relationship based on lies, he wants something real. His entire life has been hard because of fake relationships and fake individuals. It is just my opinion, but I think Hikigaya is scared his relationship with Yukino and Yui was fake as well. There's a reason he sat so far away from the girls, he is scared of being close to people. It also speaks volumes to Yui and Yukino's position. They sit close, but they hardly interact except for superficial things. They too don't understand each other despite talking. Hikigaya want his relationship with the girls to be real and the only way to do that is for them to better understand each other. Maybe it's impossible. But finally he is able to voice his desires to the girls, something genuine (relationships?)

And I know that's what Yukino and Yui want too.

They want that genuine thing.
May 21, 2015 5:24 PM

Aug 2013
shanimebib said:
Minuses of this episode:

I didn't know you can rent a car like that in Japan. Even if you did, I don't want to think how much it would cost per day. But that's not it. That engine sounded more like a 1971 Publica than a 2012 Vantage.
I think Yukino running away slamming the door was a bit out of her character. If she simply walked away, it would fit her character more.

No, what Sensei was saying is that her car from the S1 (the minivan) was rented. The supercar in this episode is hers.
May 21, 2015 5:24 PM

Aug 2014
What a teary episode.
May 21, 2015 5:31 PM

Dec 2012
CREEEEPY!!!!
Hachiman crying face was creepty @@
May 21, 2015 5:33 PM
Apr 2015
10/10 Background.
A night with blackcloud then the moon shine on Hachiman.
A sunset with Orange ( Yui ) and Dark Colors ( Yukino ) combines.
First time Hachiman cries, its make him so urgly, i never imagine oneday hachiman will cries. Its hard to do something like this.
May 21, 2015 5:34 PM

Jul 2014
silvermagus said:
Temera1re said:

Yui is like this guy....

Nah that guy try to feeling like he did accomplished something without actually doing anything.
Yui always want doing something only her lacking skill to do it.

look like you don't remember the 1 ep of se1 and you should re-watch 5, 6 and 9 (haruno part)........ perhaps the comparison was a bit too much.... Yui don't understand 8man, she is just acting "nice" even with Yukino she only act "nice". Maybe she is just too naive, but say words just like that guy....

.....and my english suck....
May 21, 2015 6:15 PM

Aug 2014
The first 12 min was just hiki and sensei talking. After that, it just escalated quick. But the ending was cute. Got goosebumps from finally seeing Hiki cry. Yui is like the heal to the wound. Gotta respect her couragment and consideration for her friends.
May 21, 2015 6:17 PM
Apr 2015
Regardless of who to ship with Hachiman, it was a decent episode.

Can't wait to see that president from other school get turn down.
May 21, 2015 6:25 PM

Nov 2007
LordBanana said:
shanimebib said:
Minuses of this episode:

No, what Sensei was saying is that her car from the S1 (the minivan) was rented. The supercar in this episode is hers.

How I wish you were not right! She did say the other one was a rented car and this was hers. Why did I even bother to re-watch that part! My fragile heart is shattered to bits. T_T

If I could, I would give this episode a 1/5 but I already gave my vote.
Coronavirus.
May 21, 2015 6:35 PM

Aug 2014
shanimebib said:
Minuses of this episode:

Small thing to focus on :P
But imo it frightened me along with Iroha telling Hiki she ran off to the roof...the tensity made me realize one thing in mind; Suicide.
llewerafMay 21, 2015 6:40 PM
May 21, 2015 6:37 PM

Nov 2007
Crips said:
shanimebib said:
Minuses of this episode:

But imo it frightened me along with Iroha telling Hiki she ran off to the roof...the tensity made me realize one thing in mind; Suicide.

Well, that would actually suit her character more if she did that, no wait!
Coronavirus.
May 21, 2015 6:40 PM

Aug 2013
shanimebib said:
LordBanana said:

How I wish you were not right! She did say the other one was a rented car and this was hers. Why did I even bother to re-watch that part! My fragile heart is shattered to bits. T_T

If I could, I would give this episode a 1/5 but I already gave my vote.

.....Okay.
May 21, 2015 6:41 PM

Aug 2014
shanimebib said:
Crips said:

You want Yuki to die? XD

But thats just me over exaggerating lol.
May 21, 2015 7:33 PM

Nov 2007
Crips said:
shanimebib said:

You want Yuki to die? XD

Coming from someone who has Kusanagi Motoko ready to take a leap of faith as forum avatar >_>

As for your question, let me answer in a roundabout way. The only thing I really hate about this show is how I can't pick between the two girls.
Coronavirus.
May 21, 2015 7:50 PM

Aug 2014
shanimebib said:
Crips said:

You want Yuki to die? XD

Coming from someone who has Kusanagi Motoko ready to take a leap of faith as forum avatar >_>

As for your question, let me answer in a roundabout way. The only thing I really hate about this show is how I can't pick between the two girls.

Tbh, I actually cant bring myself to hating anyone in this show. Must be saying a lot in my case guess..
May 21, 2015 8:18 PM

Aug 2013
Finally, their felling is done. teachers with a new face, the feeling conveyed, and desire. I do not quite understand exactly, but I hope that this episode makes good sense for the next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2015 8:21 PM

Dec 2013
This episode lived up to my expectations greatly. Heck, it was so well done even more than the novel imo. 10/10 series 5/5 episode just so great omg.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
May 21, 2015 8:39 PM

Apr 2015
So could someone explain to me the conversation between Hachiman, Yui and Yukino?, i mean, i understand what Hachiman is trying to do, but what i don't understand is the reaction of Yukino at all, also i don't understand the little argument of both girls, when Yukino something like "you have fallen low" (sorry if its not correct since im watching this from Jap>Eng>Esp so maybe has a mistake), and the final reaction of Yukino.
May 21, 2015 10:03 PM

Dec 2014
Wow, a difficult conversation between Yuki, Yui and Hachiman.
May 21, 2015 10:22 PM

Jul 2014
Holy fucking shit, that was a crazy episode.
It lived up to my expectations, and even better than the Novel. Hikigaya's voice actor breaking voice, the expressions on Yui/Yukino when Hachiman finally reveals himself about he wants something 'GENUINE' which make them can't understand as well as Hachman was crying T_T

Instant 10/10

May 21, 2015 10:23 PM

May 2008
TooEzGamming said:
First time Hachiman cries, its make him so urgly, i never imagine oneday hachiman will cries. Its hard to do something like this.

He spent the night thinking about it.
Weaknesses can take over when you don't sleep enough, I guess that's what happened here.
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1002 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 7, 2015

421 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 9:12 PM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2015

374 by Quirky_Capybara »»
Feb 8, 11:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.