Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2015 3:35 AM

Mar 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The group finally arrive at Laverre City and Shota is here, funny to have ootani ikue voicing two characters at the same time :D
Valerie appears and she can speak with the Pokemon and I'm happy to see all the furisode animated.
May 25, 2015 8:47 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
No surprise there, Shoto lost.

I facepalmed when Ash took out out the Pokedex to enter Treeko's data. Like really? He owned a Treeko, yet Ash still takes it out to collect data.

The match with Shota was ok. Shota's inexperience let to his downfall in both of this matches this episode.

Valerie's seems like she will give Ash's on his hardest battles. Based on the preview, she'll be using Spritzee who has some type of move that sets up cube barrier. Idk Trick Room, or some move that let's Spritzee attack first.

Out of all the gym leaders thus far, Valerie is not only the cutest but also my favorite. Her voice is quite infectious, it has charm, and personality behind it.

May 25, 2015 9:04 PM

Feb 2012
Ah the pokedex issue continues to piss me off... like wait i had a badass treeko who evolved... and met a bunch of bagons...ok satoshi carry on man carry on ... i
May 25, 2015 11:15 PM

Jul 2012
Cute that Shota was voiced by the same seiyuu as the one that does Chopper~ The battle between him and Mache was pretty much a waste of time... I wish there was more of a fight. But I like that he takes in each loss with a good spirit!

Also, when Satoshi took out his Pokedex for Treecko... Okay, man. HAHA. Anyways, hope his battle with Mache goes well. It'll probably happen in a couple episodes since he's training next.
May 26, 2015 6:32 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Hopefully Valerie beats Ash because otherwise it would be just another regular battle. Valerie is a Fairy type gym leader, Fairy types being the new Pokemon type. So it would make sense if Ash takes a loss as he hardly knows anything about them. Make the Fairy types look strong.

May 26, 2015 7:51 AM

Jan 2013
Oh come on, the pokédex thing is obviously for the kids who started now and are less familiar with the previous generations (they are still the main demographic). No reason to get worked up about it in every episode discussion.
May 26, 2015 5:38 PM

Jun 2014
Aipom said:
Oh come on, the pokédex thing is obviously for the kids who started now and are less familiar with the previous generations (they are still the main demographic). No reason to get worked up about it in every episode discussion.

Yeah. Pokemon is a kids show and these type of things will happen.

Omg, Valerie is so hot!
May 26, 2015 8:51 PM

Nov 2009
I wish I could speak to pokemon like she can.

We need to be more devoted to pokemon, gotta go dress up as a pokemon 24/7 now.

Also, Valerie/ Mache is waifu material.

God... thought she had bug eyes from the game, but in the anime her eyes are attracting me in...

She's just so CUTE. Cutest Gem leader yet? LOL

I need a Valerie/ Mache plush right now.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 27, 2015 8:47 AM

Jun 2010
Cutest (Kalos) Gym Leader? Excuse me. I think my vote goes to Korrina. Although you are right about the eyes...

I wonder if Shota is going to have a similar battling strategy like Ash's in the future. How will Ash handle against an opponent who fights similar to him. Unless there was already someone like that...

May 28, 2015 5:59 PM

Nov 2009
13man18 said:
Cutest (Kalos) Gym Leader? Excuse me. I think my vote goes to Korrina. Although you are right about the eyes...

I wonder if Shota is going to have a similar battling strategy like Ash's in the future. How will Ash handle against an opponent who fights similar to him. Unless there was already someone like that...

Well, I am not really into hyper-type girls... more into elegant and cute girls.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 29, 2015 7:46 AM

May 2007
Another fantastic episode. The Satoshi-Serena shipping is strong in this one! I hope Serena sticks around forever.

Whenever Rocket Gang aren't around it's always refreshing. Nice to see a kouhai character who look up to Satoshi once in a while, although he's just there to be fed.

Love Macha because of that accent, and she speaks Pokémon language.

Can't wait for the gym battle, it's gonna be FABULOUS.
Jun 11, 2015 4:48 PM

Dec 2014
Makes sense that Ash with the Pokedex is probably aimed towards new kids to the series, but it also makes sense that he has a NEW pokedex and is helping a NEW professor so even though he knows which pokemon it is, the pokemon itself is not registered into that region's pokedex.
Jun 21, 2015 9:41 PM

Sep 2014
the scene where she walks past ash with that music playing was cool. it was like acknowledging how powerful of a gym leader she is.
Aug 14, 2015 7:28 PM

Nov 2014
My favorite town/city in Kalos, and maybe even my favorite all together <3 I love Laverre! It's great seeing it animated. And all the Furisode Girls too!

Ikue Ootani is Shota/Sawyer!?!?!?! No way =O

Valerie is cute! And she can talk Pokémon language! =D

I think in real life Serena and Bonnie wouldn't have stopped in the middle of the stage just to talk to Ash and Clemont xD Also they wouldn't even be able to hear them with all that cheering. xD

Guys, Ash obviously recognizes the Pokémon he's seen and caught before. The reason he takes out his Pokedex is because when he enters a new region he gets a new Pokedex, not to mention he's helping a different professor who might not be as familiar with Pokemon outside his own region, so he has to not only update the new Pokedex with previously seen Pokémon, but also let the audience know about the Pokémon if they haven't watched the older episodes. I just wish people would stop complaining about this.
Sep 27, 2015 12:42 PM

Jul 2013
Cool episode.

Sawyer was funny, poor boy keeps losing battles though, but I am sure he'll get better.

Can Valerie really understand and speak Pokemon language? I mean I can meow at my cat, it doesn't mean I can understand if she speaks back, not that my cat does, she barely meows.

Yeah, stopping in the middle of the runway when you are meant to be modelling isn't very professional, I'm surprised they didn't get told off.

I was also going to say it's because he gets a new Pokedex each time.

Valerie was really awesome and so were her creations!!! So pretty~
Nov 9, 2015 7:23 AM

Nov 2014
Finally they arrive at Laverre City.. One of my favorite city in Kalos region for sure since it's has so many fairy reference.. too bad they can't challenge the gym today since Valerie has some business..

Here we also met Sawyer, i guess he will be ash's rival later? But as for currently, he's pretty weak.. to date his record is 3 battles and 3 lost.. not a good ones IMO :/ but he does has a bagon.. hope it can evolve into Salamence later..

Valerie the gym leader is probably the most beautiful gym leader in Kalos.. it's also cute that she can talk to pokemon.. wonder if she can talk to all pokemon or only the fairy type since so far the pokemon who she talked to are all fairy type ones.. we also get a battle between her and Sawyer and as expected, Sawyer lost especially since dragon type bagon is a mismatch for a fairy type..

Overall a great buildup episode.. Guess the next ones is gym battle episode.. i'll watch it right now.. 5/5
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Sep 18, 2016 6:58 PM

Dec 2012
Konohamaru is HERE!

That receptionist is cute!

Ah! Satoshi scanning a Pokemon he already owns. Gotta love it.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 25, 2017 8:44 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
BlackFox24 said:

Guys, Ash obviously recognizes the Pokémon he's seen and caught before. The reason he takes out his Pokedex is because when he enters a new region he gets a new Pokedex, not to mention he's helping a different professor who might not be as familiar with Pokemon outside his own region, so he has to not only update the new Pokedex with previously seen Pokémon, but also let the audience know about the Pokémon if they haven't watched the older episodes. I just wish people would stop complaining about this.

^This x100

Just commenting here for any future watchers that Ash clearly recognizes the Pokemon in this episode before taking out the Pokedex. Heck, he called these Pokemon by name before taking the Pokedex to collect data again.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 24, 2019 4:09 AM

Apr 2012
I would have loved if the furisode girls batlled Satoshi since all four of them are great NPCs in the game. I am a little disappointed with this fashion show but at least they are in the anime. Kirika was cute as ever.
Mar 15, 2020 6:43 PM

Dec 2008
No Team Rocket. :( I guess they get left out of most gym episodes. At least they're around more than in BW.

The gym leader seems creepy, sorry. Shota is an interesting character. I feel sorry for him, because he doesn't seem to be an especially talented trainer, but he's growing.

I wonder if people hating on Satoshi for looking up pokemon he knows really never look up things they already know about to get the latest info...
Jan 27, 2022 10:30 PM

Sep 2017
why do people get mad at ash taking out his pokedex.
Well since his pokedex hasnt recorded pokemon since its a new pokedex should make sense??
Or maybe he wants to know more information about them? Like facts.
He already knows them , when he looked at Bagon he said in sure confidence "thats a bagon" , then he wipes up his pokedex for new info that he doesnt know.

For me in games, i take a look at the pokedexs informations and sometimes i find information i didnt know they can do. Like another example; Frogadier can climb a tall building in 1 min. (i forgot the size of the building, 2 stories i think idk)

soo i don't mind if he does , when the pokedex talks its like a refresher on their details.
Idk why everyone mad tho.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 93 Discussion

ETX - Oct 27, 2015

27 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 4, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 87 Discussion

Aipom - Sep 26, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 20, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 86 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Sep 9, 2015

19 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 17, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 78 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Jul 8, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 7, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 72 Discussion

210125 - May 14, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 6, 3:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.