Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2015 8:51 PM

Jan 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Love spooky eps! though this one was way more comedic than spooky. That does make two haunted mansion eps though this gen. Espurr and this one.

reminds me of ghastly haunter and gengar from gen 1's haunted pokemon tower :)

RIP team rocket in the end.
TyrelMay 14, 2015 10:31 PM
May 14, 2015 10:26 PM

Jun 2014
This was episode 71, not 72.
May 14, 2015 10:27 PM

Jan 2013
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
This was episode 71, not 72.
o fuck, ur right. and my 73 thread is 72. brb calling tyrel

i fixed this one; smh, my dl's had mislabeled eps :c
210125May 14, 2015 10:32 PM
May 18, 2015 9:57 PM

Feb 2012
Kinda reminded me of the other ghost episodes... from diamond(ninetales i think) and the original(Ghost of Maiden's Peak)... Man that guy has been dead for over 200 episodes lol at least he found his peace. Still dont understand why satoshi using that pokedex to know what a gastly is after he was part of a major story of ghost giant gengar vs alakzam.... Eureka was awesome, fearless, happy and while the others got amensia she kept the pic
rafi160May 18, 2015 10:01 PM
May 18, 2015 10:00 PM

Jan 2013
rafi160 said:
Kinda reminded me of the other ghost episodes... from diamond and the original... Man that guy has been dead for over 200 episodes lol at least he found his peace. Still dont understand why satoshi using that pokedex to know what a gastly is after he was part of a major story of ghost giant gengar vs alakzam.... Eureka was awesome, fearless, happy and while the others got amensia she kept the pic
ikr?! I always question why he gets his pokedex out for like 50% of pokemon.
May 18, 2015 10:05 PM

Feb 2012
shuryukan said:
ikr?! I always question why he gets his pokedex out for like 50% of pokemon.

Made sense why serena & citron used it... plus isnt the pokedex suppose to auto read the ghost pokemon so there was no need for citrons ghost invention...
And you would think he grew some balls after his previous scarier encounters
May 19, 2015 2:57 AM

Jan 2013
Nice episode again, they can make some very entertaining fillers when they actually try. I really liked the music they played in that room and the next gym leader looks fabulous.
May 19, 2015 8:44 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Pretty meh episode. It's become boring seeing the same old Ghost Pokemon in scary episodes. There's so many Ghost types that could be used, but instead it has to be the Gastly line.

Amazing how Citron was able to make a device similar to the one used for the Lavender Town Tower.

Really Ash? Taking the Pokedex out and using it, especially on Gengar. He's seen Gengar so many times.

Morty's Gengar
Drake's Gengar
Giant Gengar from the Pokemonapolis episode.
Agatha's Gengar
and
A the Ghost Tower Gengar from season 1.

One would think Ash would be familiar with the Gengar family. Well,it's Ash and logic fails in Pokemon at times.

Next episode they arrive at Lavarre City.

May 21, 2015 5:16 PM

Jul 2007
SweetKotomi said:
Pretty meh episode. It's become boring seeing the same old Ghost Pokemon in scary episodes. There's so many Ghost types that could be used, but instead it has to be the Gastly line.

Amazing how Citron was able to make a device similar to the one used for the Lavender Town Tower.

Really Ash? Taking the Pokedex out and using it, especially on Gengar. He's seen Gengar so many times.

Morty's Gengar
Drake's Gengar
Agatha's Gengar
and

One would think Ash would be familiar with the Gengar family. Well,it's Ash and logic fails in Pokemon at times.

I know its a bit sporadic with what Ash has done, but in general I've learnt just to pretend that there have been any previous adventures. And just take the random things that they chose to bring up every now and again like a grain of salt.
May 22, 2015 8:51 AM
Jun 2012
That Gengar has some magic fingers though. Damn, that was one good melody.
Jul 18, 2015 10:36 PM

Nov 2014
Bonnie's voice is so cute ^,^

So it just conveniently starts raining as soon as they get to the scary house, forcing them to go inside. xD

I'm SO glad he made the "hoard of faceless men" reference xD I was hoping he would.

It was funny watching Clemont play Ghostbusters

I loved the part where Haunter licked Serena xD

OMG Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar's voices all sounded EXACTLY like they did in the original series!! Especially Gastly's voice, and when they were all laughing they sounded just like they used to. Oh the nostalgia =D If those weren't the original voice actors that they used, then they did a REALLY good job of finding VA's for them.

And in all 3 Pokedex entries, their artwork was the same as the old artwork! Amazing T^T

It was SO sweet when Clemont said he had his cute little sister to save. I love those two T^T

"Well, you see, I'm not exactly alive" xDDDD

And then Lon does the same thing to Team Rocket at the end xDD

I wonder how they ended up in the woods though. I assume one of them used Hypnosis and transported them all out to the woods...

This has to be one of the best XY episodes so far. I loved it xD It was SUPER nostalgic for me, even though it was a lot different from the haunted house episode in the original series.

I can't wait until they get to Laverre! It's my favorite XY town/city and probably one of my top favorite towns/cities in all. I wonder what it'll look like in the anime...Hopefully similar to the way it did in the game.
BlackFox24Jul 18, 2015 10:50 PM
Sep 20, 2015 12:48 PM

Jul 2013
It was definitely like ghost tower ep from first series, I thought that straight away.

I guessed it was a Ghastly, Haunter and Gengar again before they were shown.

But was the guy really dead or did he just write that date on the picture to spook people?

Yeah it had to rain so they and Team Rocket would go in, I would've liked to have seen Team Rocket in there too.

Clemont playing Ghostbusters was hilarious. Funny how Bonnie was the only one not scared and just like the other haunted mansion ep before Serena made everyone more scared.
Nov 9, 2015 6:49 AM

Nov 2014
While it's a filler, technically it's not a filler since in the games they actually have this haunted house moment, even the story that the old guy told is exactly the same which is nice for me..

Anyway, i love it when Serena told everything that other people don't want to hear in the spooky moment.. it's never get old for me XD XD Lol at Clemont and his devices, what funny is, there's actually some science things object that can trace a ghost in reality.. A great twist that the old guy is actually a ghost although he already seems suspicious even from the start..

Overall a great episode and a hilarious ones.. looking forward to see the next ones..
Izanagi777Nov 9, 2015 6:52 AM
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Jan 8, 2018 12:04 AM

Feb 2010
I loved it!! Just like that one episode in season 1. That one was one of my top favorites so it's nice seeing a similar one again
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Apr 4, 2018 12:58 AM

Mar 2013
Should I watch Pokémon XY first before Pokémon XYZ?
Mar 28, 2023 12:47 AM

Feb 2011
SweetKiichigo said:

Morty's Gengar
Drake's Gengar
Agatha's Gengar
and

That was my exact thought. As if Ash hasn't seen ghost Pokémons more times. This episode has failed at me, when it was obvious for me there are ghost pokémons in that mansion. Still this XY series is way better than the 4th, 5th generation episodes, but I'm tired of silly things in the Pokémon like this.
Feb 6, 3:12 PM

Jan 2013
Very similar to the ghost episode from the original series but really fun.
The energy the dubbed crew brought was fantastic! :D

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 93 Discussion

ETX - Oct 27, 2015

27 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 4, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 87 Discussion

Aipom - Sep 26, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 20, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 86 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Sep 9, 2015

19 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 17, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 78 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Jul 8, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 7, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 71 Discussion

Tanma - May 7, 2015

20 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 6, 2:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.