Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
May 12, 2019 9:22 AM

Oct 2013
Finally some real Naruto x Hinata moments, oh it's okay only took 500 episodes and a 7 movies to make it happened, thanks author. I barely have enough time to finish the Naurto series but so glad i did, i just couldn't stand watching naruto with all the infinite fillers.

So it's a wrapped for Naruto also my childhood, i'm so happy and proud for my guy Naruto. I got so emotional at the end because thinking back i grew up with Naruto, he inspired me so much.

Overall score 9/10, now onto Boruto i guess
Aug 4, 2019 1:33 AM

Jul 2016
The first 20 minutes in the hidden leaf village are a solid 10 out of 10, as are the dream sequence and the last five minutes. They are absolutely perfect, I couldn't ask for better. But good god, everything in between those three moments is so dull. It feels like a bad Pokémon movie in a Naruto skin.

It's a good thing I saved the epilogues for after this movie. They feel like exactly what I wanted that movie to be, and I'm glad I can go out on a high note, rather than with this.
Aug 20, 2019 4:25 AM
Aug 2019
I loved the movie since in the anime series Naruto and Hinata's relationship was close to non existing. This movie was definitely needed for things to move on between them.
Sep 24, 2019 2:31 AM

May 2015
I'm literally crying right now.
Naruhina was my first ship. I've been shipping them for almost 15 years now.
Seeing them finally together melted my heart. I feel like I've accomplished a milestone in my life by watching them together lol.
Oct 5, 2019 6:43 PM

Mar 2012
Canon movie with filler quality writing.

I feel like fan faction writing could have wrote the moment Naruto found out he loved Hinata better than this movie did.

Some cool moments, but you could just skip the movie and still understand their relationship the same as if you watched it.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Oct 20, 2019 3:23 PM

Jun 2017
I liked the movie, it was good. But I feel like they could've shown Naruto falling in love with Hinata (at least a little better). I get she had a crush on him but did he have one of her? Like when did he start loving her? I know he saw her memories and all of her having a crush on him but that doesn't make someone fall in love with that person. I do ship them though and I'm glad they got married but I just wish they would've shown them falling in love a little better and not making it seem forced.
yura_marinetteOct 20, 2019 3:27 PM
Dec 1, 2019 1:01 PM

Apr 2008
The fangirl in me is squeeling at the kiss and all that love stuff.
But it felt very forced. That bs about Naruto saying he loved Sakura just because he thought Sasuke would stay or whatever, that's bs.
Naruto has never had a crush on Hinata, we all know he's gay for Sasuke XD
But lots of fans have wanted him and Hinata to be an item, and Sakura and Sasuke to be one.
I bet Sakura will get Sasuke. If it hasn't already happened. I'm not up to date.

But yeah, bs romance movie. But I still liked it a lot.
It was adorable af.

Now I remember what it's called, fanservice.
FluffyDangoDec 1, 2019 1:13 PM

Dec 3, 2019 5:34 AM

May 2015
Why are all this pseudo critics saying the movie was bad??

To start with, if YOU DON'T LIKE SOMETHING, then YOU DON'T WATCH IT, period.
Second, if you were NOT HIGH EXPECTING ANYTHING from the movie, then why you are so disappointed, that makes no sense AGAIN.
Third you all bitching about "Naruto didn't end with Sakura", "Naruto look better with long hair", ·Naruto always came up with some sort of new rasengan/sage/nine tails power up", "Hinata never got development", "Sakura was a mean bitch", and i could go on and on saying all the crap you say like if you were some sort of erudit talking about Kishimoto's work.

So... Sakura was NEVER intended to be with Naruto, that is CLEAR AS WATER since day 1.
Hinata didn't have protagonism in the story cause that was not relevant, if Kishimoto would have put her in A LOT MORE SCENES, then she would had been overdeveloped to the point where either Naruto realize and accept her feeling LONG BEFORE..or... they never end up together. Kishimoto want it that way for a reason, and let me say it was a PERFECT REASON, and i'm glad he did it like that. Hinata is there only to let ppl know she isn't dead, and that she is still in love with Naruto and that's it. You can like that or no, it doesn't matter cause the way she is putted in the story is FLAWLESS.
Now Sakura... she is there to be THE SISTER that Naruto never got, JUST THAT (Sorry NaruSaku but you never had a chance away from doujin).
Naruto had a cut of hair to make some sort of distance between his younger self just that. Hair can grow, we all cut our hair sometime in our life if don't then you should have already won a guinness world record lol.
Naruto ALWAYS comes up with a POWER UP because he is the MAIN CHARACTER, you can like that or no, it won't change the fact it is that way, beside this is a SHOUNEN what were you expecting? Oh let me guess... to naruto die? or end in a wheelchair so you can get a plot twist?... Oh and in the meantime make Sasuke return to Konoha and become Hokage and rule the world? If you were waiting that you were never understanding Kishimoto's work AT ALL.
Why you so surprised by the fact they fight on the moon? may i need to remind you that Naruto have a legendary beast sealed in his body and that he can multiplicate almost endlessly? That the rest of character ALL HAVE some sort of SUPER POWERS?? That they were reincarnation of a GOD sons?
ITS A SHONEN FOR GOD SAKE, it was NEVER intended to be a SEINEN geez.

I'm sick of reading people complain about everything and making others think the same way, pretending to be experts critizacing other's work. I would like to see any of those who complain do a better story with development and deep as you keep saying this didn't have.
You all want to force your own desires on whatever you are watching and if is not the way you want it to be, then most likely it's garbage and crap.
Flash news... you are wrong. You have no voice or vote to attack others work because it's not the way you want it to be. You need to realize that you can't force what you want in others work, they will do whatever they want cause they are the CREATORS of that. You might say "then i won't buy it", well don't do it, others will, those who understand that the only thing that matters it's the story that the creator want to tell, there's no wrong decisions here, there's only the choice to say i like it or no, that's it.

I'm pretty sure i'm leaving a lot left of what i wanted to say, but hey, this isn't my native language so double effort writing this down, first thinking what i wanted to say and then translating it on my head to write it down here.

So don't come bitching me about anything...Want a discussion? FINE, let's discuss but with arguments not as a fanboy/girl. I will not respond to nonsense replies, only to those who can really make an objective observation of what i've said above. You don't agree with me? Fine it's your right and you may say why not, but without starting a fight. I'm not here to do that, just since everybody feels that have right to say what they think, well then me too ^^.

Cheer.-
Jan 24, 2020 12:41 PM

Jul 2008
For Sasuke x Naruto lovers....they will hate this movie.

For Hinata x Naruto lovers....dream come true.

I like it fine, though I wish the end fight was better. 6/10.
Jun 13, 2020 1:33 AM

Nov 2019
I'm a huge Kakashi fan. And I like Kakashi more than any other character in the series. I hate this movie.
In the movie, If Naruto is not there so Sasuke will come and save the village.
When Minato-Sensei saved the village from Kyūbi "Episode 248", he wore his white haori with "Fourth Hokage" (Yondaime Hokage) written vertically down the back, he said "As Hokage, I will protect the village, my family, right now. This what I need to do". This is what I want to see from Kakashi as Sixth Hokage "Rokudaime". Showing that Kakashi can't do anything pisses me off.
Dimah85Jun 13, 2020 5:59 AM
Dec 16, 2020 8:10 PM
Nov 2020
The movie was very enjoyable with very good animation and it's the ending for Naruto before him passing torch to Boruto. I see many people critising Naruto realising his love for Hinata was done bad but come on it's Naruto, I had no problem with romance in it. Worth watching but I have to say I'm disappointed with Kakashi failing to save the Village himself. I wanted Kakashi Action
Jan 11, 2021 8:48 AM
Jun 2013
This is the only Naruto movie I watched and probably will ever watch (I've heard all of them suck). I don't have high opinions about the main story so I figured it wouldn't hurt to watch this one because it was about Naruto x Hinata, a relationship that never went anywhere in the main story.

As usual, I was annoyed that they forgave the villain so fast and there was a bunch of stupid stuff like breathing in space, moving around like there was no change in gravity, and a confusing battle story; but I'm a sucker for romance. I enjoyed the Hinata and Naruto moments. It's a shame their love didn't get to grow organically in the main story, though. It seemed like Naruto went from Hinata is just another part of the gang to "I love you and want to be with you forever" overnight. But those intimate moments between them delivered.

5/10
Apr 6, 2021 9:49 AM

Sep 2012
i like the ship (Naruto X Hinata) its sweet and all but it feels forced naruto never showed interest in her in that way he always chased after Sakura and suddenly he loves her out of the blue, if hes view would have started to change sins shippuden not from the movie it would have made more sense like he slowly starts to notice her efforts

my point is they did poor job writing ships, cause for example we always knew sakura has hots for sasuke and hinata for naruto and naruto for sakura but it never showed naruto falling for hinata

cause she F'ing deserves that to finally have him how she always looked him chasing Sakura how painful it must have been and then W8 almost half of her life for him to notice her that way without looking at any other guy that way
Sugram22Apr 6, 2021 9:54 AM
Apr 7, 2021 8:21 AM

Dec 2007
from some reason i liked road of ninja more, maybe for the sole reason that road of ninja contained more themes, while the last is heavily concentrating of naruto x hinata, even the villain plot seems to exist for that fact.

naruto falling for hinata was too rushed to my opinion, though i think it's because of theatrical format.

good action and some more info on the whole sage was good too, but then again, it's seems that kishi cared more showing on naruto x hinata, than making more depth in the story.

hence, i stopped counting how much times hinata's scarf destroyed in the movie.

8/10
Dec 6, 2021 3:03 PM

Nov 2015
The first Naruto movie ive ever watched and it will be my LAST ;)

No on a serious note, I decided to watch the movie because the next ep in Shippuuden jumps directly into the romance between Naruto x Hinate apparantly. Overall, I did not really like it. Hinate was our old, shy self again.

Oh well, let's ends this series with the next couple of ep's
Dec 29, 2021 9:09 AM
Jan 2021
Really really Loved the movie
We got to see the relationship between Naruto and Hinata
Will definitely rewatch it.

GREAT MOVIE LOVED IIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!
May 25, 2022 4:37 AM

Feb 2021
As we all know Naruto movies have a lot of plot holes. So I'll keep pointing them out and discuss what I saw altogether.

First of all, how does kid Naruto know about and can even perform kage bunshin? He learnt about shadow clones and how to perform them after he was going to become a genin and when he stole the scroll of ninjutsu. This Naruto was way too young.

Damn naruto sure became popular with the girls huh. Glad he didn't forget his friends or let the fame go to his head.

Wow after almost 700 eps, Naruto finally realised that Hinata loved him. Took a whole ass movie and an enemy genjutsu to do so. Well, at least he confessed to her and got that kiss. The ship did feel a bit forced and rushed but since it's a really popular and logical ship, I'm okay with it.

One of the biggest plot holes is how there was an entire race of people/clan living on the moon and nobody knew about it. Not to mention, Hamura went to the moon alone. Did he abduct a maiden to breed her and make his own clan?? Also not sure how the genes of Hamura passed down to the Hyuga.

Also apparently there's a new dojutsu. The 'mangekyo' form of the byakugan, Tenseigan and boy it is destructive. It looks pretty sick and Toneri's chakra cloak mode looks badass.

So uh what about the 2 halves of the moon? Also not sure how tf his Tenseigan just disappeared. He stole Hanabi's eyes and she was knocked out for quite a while but when they are escaping, she had her eyes replanted (thanks to Sakura I guess) but she doesn't need to rest anymore? How is she so energetic again? Didn't the transference of eyes take a huge toll on the person?

And Toneri has been spared? Lol, they are too lenient.

The fight was amazing. Since it's a movie (and had a huge budget) of course it has stunning movie-level animation.

Man, the final 5-10 mins of the movie consisted of some of the most wholesome moments in the entire series.

There are some big plot holes I didn't mention but it's still by far the best Naruto movie. The rest of them were pretty trash compared to this.

Feeling good about this movie so a lenient 7/10

Jun 4, 2022 6:40 AM

Jul 2012
Tenseiga ❌ 😅
Tenseigan ✅

U haven't seen the last movie of shounen anime would become "romance" don't u?

One of the best..
One of the masterpiece..
Has come to an end . .

Wish the watchers had a happy life too 🤭

My note : just forgot the nonsense about the moon and the story more into both relationship journey & conclusion..

Jun 27, 2022 5:47 AM

Jul 2021
The story wasn't anything special, this moon bullshit felt like filler. Liked it because of the Hinata scenes, Naruto's confession and the kiss at the end. The credits with wedding was really nice. Post-credit was my favourite, I knew Hinata and Naruto would get married and have kids but I only thought there was Boruto, I didn't know Naruto had a daughter as well, that was a nice little suprise. Time to watch the remaining 7 episodes from Shippuden and then off to watch Boruto.

Overall, 8/10 for Naruto and Hina. 5/10 for the story.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 3, 2023 9:13 AM
Dec 2020
[quote=Madara31 message=37876287]I really didn't like it at all, and it had nothing to do with it being romance/NH focused.

Firstly, they subtly changed canon developments from the manga to suit the needs of the movie:

- In the manga during the war, Hinata's shy personality had essentially vanished. She slapped some sense into Naruto, firmly talk no jutsu'd him, held hands with him and proceeded to kick some ass. In the movie, she's regressed back to her annoying (IMO) part 1 self where she constantly stutters and is afraid to approach Naruto. In the manga, she's able jump into battle knowing she'll probably get killed, in order to protect Naruto and even confesses her love for him, yet here, she's too scared to give him a scarf. WTF? She gets so upset when Naruto simply thanks some fangirls for giving him gifts, and jumps to the conclusion that his green scarf was a romantic gift from a girl. Why would she feel so down/jealous over these things when she spent the entire manga dealing with Naruto being constantly close to Sakura, and never batted an eyelash? Even after the fight with Pein, Sakura hugged Naruto in front of her and she looked pleased. It makes no sense.

- Apparently, Naruto is so dense he equated romantic love to that of loving Ramen. How does that make any sense when 1. He asked Kushina how she fell in love with Minato and UNDERSTOOD her explanation. 2. He seemed very aware and understanding of Sakura's feelings for Sasuke throughout the entire manga. When Sai told Naruto of Sakura's plan to kill Sasuke in the Land of Iron, did he really think Sakura would go so far for someone who she loved the same way as a certain food? It's ridiculous.

Secondly, this was just a personal gripe, but I can't stand damsels in distress, and Hinata was the pure embodiment of this annoying trope in this movie:

- She stupidly chose to go with Toneri without telling anyone of her intentions, or even devising a plan once she arrived there, all for the sake of contrived romantic drama. Once there, of course she fails to retrieve Hanabi, and subsequently gets turned into a puppet in need of rescuing. Once Naruto arrives, he saves said puppet only for her to get taken control of again. A little while after she's saved AGAIN, she gets captured AGAIN and placed in a sort of bird cage, in need of saving AGAIN. The only useful thing Hinata did in combat situations was lend Naruto her chakra twice, that's it. The rest of the time she's a helpless damsel in distress. Here I was hoping I'd see Hinata impress me in combat, maybe master the 128 palms like Neji, but nope.

Aside from those two MAJOR flaws I had with the movie, it was decent. The soundtrack was cool and the animation was excellent. But considering how those two glaring flaws were evident throughout the entire movie, I just couldn't enjoy it.[/quote

I felt the same way as you. I felt hinata was the best girl until I saw this movie. She went to toneri without deceiving any plan and she failed at it and got herself turned into a puppet. The relationship between hinata and naruto is completely rushed. If she truly loved naruto she should have asked for his help in order to destroy the tensigen but instead she said goodbye to him and left him for good. I personally don't like it when someone chases after another person when they leave them behind just like how hinata did to naruto. I personally would have liked it if naruto didn't chase after hinata since she went by her own will to toneri and said goodbye to naruto, since it's her choice he should have respected her decision and should have just focuses on Rescuing hanabi and destroying the tensigan. I was disappointed with hinata and with her actions. If only if she chose to explain everything to naruto and ask him to help in destroying the tensigan. I would have considered her the best girl.
Jun 21, 2023 4:21 PM
Jun 2023
película un tanto predecible pero con buena animacion, geniales secuencias de pelea, y un final bastante bueno
Jul 16, 2023 8:26 AM
Apr 2023
i love the way Naruto and Hinata's relationship evolves in this movie it makes them getting together at the end of shippuden more believable
Jul 23, 2023 3:05 PM
May 2020
its great, i love it
Aug 3, 2023 5:21 AM
Mar 2017
SWEET ENDING.

😁😁 I LOVE IT
Sep 12, 2023 8:52 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2015:

Dec 27, 2023 8:47 AM
Dec 2023
buena pelicula, quizas e esperaba añgo más de acción pero cumple para ser un solido 4
Feb 12, 9:18 AM
Oct 2021
one of the best endings i have seen ever
Apr 29, 8:26 AM
Apr 2022
Show Rate Meter Guide - (5 Great _ 4 Good _ 3 Fine _ 2 Not Good _ 1 Bad).(dismal are sometimes needed)
[Story] - 4
[Art/Animation] - 5
[Sound/Music] - 3.5
[M-Character] - 4.5
[S-Character] - 4
[Enjoyment] - 4
[Overall] - 4

The story was not about the moon more so Naruto and Hinata getting to really spend time with each other more then in the main series we hardy see any of that happening at all. Personally I really liked the film! It felt like...it was a really nice closure for Naruto! It's been a long ride, of the boy who wanted to become Hokage with a wife and kids at the end of it all.
CcCharlesApr 29, 8:39 AM
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» I'm confused

Mushroomen - Jul 28, 2022

20 by rileybrok »»
Jul 27, 2023 11:15 PM

» When to watch the last

removed-user - Feb 3, 2022

23 by Shwetank_anime »»
Oct 9, 2022 10:49 PM

» Good shonen movies to watch even from any series

bgloudcold_24 - Mar 29, 2022

12 by Komlan_6 »»
Mar 30, 2022 2:14 PM

» Do I need to watch this before Boruto?

SoulessAnime - May 1, 2021

14 by Waves-Elian »»
Feb 21, 2022 12:21 AM

» Am I the only person who hated this movie?

NervousWreck - May 3, 2015

36 by Sunproof21 »»
Sep 16, 2021 8:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.