Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 19, 2015 9:11 AM

Dec 2014
I wonder why this kind of anime must has this kind of male MC.
Before getting Knife, basically a fucking useless moron fooling around; after getting knife, a super duper swift parkour player running, jumping, climbing around. WTF
I believe the dagger is just increase in damage not overall.

I watched this anime because it has the genre of 'adventure'. I hope this is not another failure 'adventure' anime like Magi. So-called Magi dungeon of 'super-dangerous-that-10k-people-went-in-and-never-come-back-again' , but in fact, nothing is inside

In the end, it might be just another fanservice anime after all.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Apr 19, 2015 9:25 AM

Jan 2014
Apr 20, 2015 2:32 AM

May 2009
What the hell did you expect? Some deep and meaningful story? From harem unfinished light novel adaptation?
Apr 20, 2015 4:02 AM

Jun 2013
well if you don't like magi chances are you probably wont like this at all since this is kind of a harem show.

if you don't like something dont even bother watching and stop acting like a faggot who expect everything to be perfect.

advice to you sir: GTFO

Apr 20, 2015 4:30 AM

Dec 2012
Didn't Hestia finally update Bell's stats after his exponential growth though, just before he used it?
Apr 20, 2015 4:43 AM

Dec 2012
Did you have expectations for this show? Like for real? Since episode 1 I knew how this would be, that's why I dropped it.
I guess he's like this right now (just I suppose, I haven't watched more than 1 episode) because he learns, levels up, or whatever faster because this special feature he had or something like that. This girl said it, if I recall well?
I mean, did you expect something good? I didn't so that's why I don't have any kind of dissapointment with this anime, because I wasn't expecting anything. That's what I found it weird, someone expecting something about this. xD
Apr 20, 2015 7:37 AM

Dec 2011
I got exactly what i expected/wanted and i'm fine with DanMachi being what it is. OP should research his anime before watching.
Apr 20, 2015 11:43 AM

Aug 2011
At least read the title of the anime before setting your unrealistic expectations.
Apr 20, 2015 11:45 AM

Feb 2014
Your biggest mistake was going into this show with any expectations in the first place.
Apr 20, 2015 11:50 AM

Dec 2013
Well, it had a very good first episode which is at the same time a plus and a disappointment.

But yeah, it's total shit so far.
Apr 21, 2015 7:40 AM

Jan 2015
aLotQuestion said:
Before getting Knife, basically a fucking useless moron fooling around; after getting knife, a super duper swift parkour player running, jumping, climbing around. WTF

I watched this anime because it has the genre of 'adventure'. I hope this is not another failure 'adventure' anime like Magi. So-called Magi dungeon of 'super-dangerous-that-10k-people-went-in-and-never-come-back-again' , but in fact, nothing is inside

robis798 said:
Well, it had a very good first episode which is at the same time a plus and a disappointment.

But yeah, it's total shit so far.

Haters gonna hate
Apr 21, 2015 1:50 PM

Sep 2013
Apr 21, 2015 4:57 PM
Apr 2015
its a generic ecchi/harem comedy
what did you expect? a good story or great characters?
Apr 21, 2015 7:48 PM
Oct 2012
Always expect the worst
Apr 22, 2015 5:18 AM

Aug 2012
RasberryKisses said:
I got exactly what i expected/wanted and i'm fine with DanMachi being what it is. OP should research his anime before watching.
Apr 22, 2015 5:23 AM

Dec 2014
I DONT LIKE SPOILER which is why I don't research in-depth of what this anime about.
Which is also why I see the genre or synopsis only so that I can enjoy any animes without spoiler beforehand.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Apr 22, 2015 5:34 AM

Dec 2013
I went into this with pretty low expectations anyway.
Apr 25, 2015 11:03 AM

Feb 2014
At first i really liked it because it had the gaming vibe and sao vibe too but with the harem starting to grow and no exact PLOT i think it's going to fail (MY OPINION)
HAREM IS SHIT!
Apr 27, 2015 6:10 PM
Jan 2013
aLotQuestion said:

To be fair he was training and was the "breadwinner of the house"

He was weak.but i wouldn't call him useless.

He is sort of a "husbando" lol.

Apr 28, 2015 6:40 AM

Feb 2012
Did you even read the title?
Apr 28, 2015 8:07 AM

Jun 2014
For a harem show its quite tame from what I've seen already.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Apr 28, 2015 9:14 AM

May 2014
The anime is an advertisement for the manga/LN IMO.

That being said, I find it enjoyable, despite the fact that it omits quite a bit from its source material - which encourages some people drawn to the anime to go read the manga and LN.

However, I think they could have worked in some of the omitted scenes/explanations without hurting the pacing.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Apr 30, 2015 4:30 AM

May 2010
He wasn't fooling around, he was training unlike some other shounen protagonists. Yes, his dagger increased his damage by a good amount, but also it's 'alive' i.e. it becomes stronger as its wielder levels up. Bell himself is growing thanks to his ability which allows him to grow at a faster rate than a normal person. He got it due to his strong desire of wanting to be powerful and dependable. He is agile-type to begin with, hence why he can climb, jump etc. His abilities are at least explained, so I don't find him that OP. I believe he deserves what he's getting.

Well, this is more about dungeons and not really an open world, hence less adventurous. Who knows it might have more plot than you think it does. We aren't even at the half-point yet.
May 1, 2015 2:45 PM

Apr 2014
lol what kind of expectations did you have anyway, just from reading the title you can pretty much guess what it'll be like.
May 1, 2015 4:26 PM

Apr 2013
His skill is completely overpowered and that's it. In a world where getting experience is freaking slow, tough, and where even while trying your best, you can actually get stuck anywhere during the progression (even during level 1) and not get any stat progress no matter what you slain, it's basically this

"-multiply the stats you gain from slaying monster by 10-30
-Stat progression will not get stuck"

And I am not exaggerating on the numbers.
So yes, he get strong very quickly at every time Hestia updates his status. That's natural. The whole start of this story is made like this, so him progressing fast is logical and to be expected.
You're right about the fact that the knife doesn't boost is agility/speed or anything else. There's no need to, since Hestia updated his status right before.
And bell hasn't had his status updated for THREE DAYS. Which in his case considering he was going inside dungeons every day means that his stats boost was like nothing beforehand since usually they updated stats every days. It's not the knife which boosted his stat0 indeeds, the knife has nothing to do with it. However, AFTER having his stats updated, the knife was now powerful enough to pierce the natural armor of that monster (it wouldn't have worked beforehand, because how much that knife can cut is dependant of the wielder's stats, that were not high enough for that type of monster before the status update).

Bell actually manage to hit that monster before, it's just that his weapon wasn't good enough to penetrate that monster armor btw, so here, the boost in stats didn't change things as much as you makee it sound.
ZefyrisMay 17, 2015 6:12 AM
May 12, 2015 5:14 AM

Jun 2013

#No offence

Obviously his stats rose up high as soon as he got his 'boosting xp passive ability' and since he is training a lot everyday, whats the problem with his strenght?
he just got his knife pretty much during this period thats all.

Btw, isn't a 'newbie' MC more apropriate so you can follow his ascension, that a one that is already top level?

Edit: In fact its just like what Zefyris said~
Lap1May 12, 2015 5:23 AM
May 17, 2015 6:01 AM

Jun 2013
It's a generic ecchi/harem show that will never amount to anything. The most popular character is the loli big tits, Hestia. You shouldn't expect much from harem/ecchi Anime. The only ecchi Anime that's somewhat good this season is Punch Line. This is just a copy paste of all of its predecessors that lugged the same genre tags.
臭い-
May 17, 2015 6:08 AM

Apr 2013
Bibimbapski said:
It's a generic ecchi/harem show that will never amount to anything. The most popular character is the loli big tits, Hestia. You shouldn't expect much from harem/ecchi Anime. The only ecchi Anime that's somewhat good this season is Punch Line. This is just a copy paste of all of its predecessors that lugged the same genre tags.

Actually, Danmachi has almost NO ecchi scene in the LN. Got like 2 scenes in 5 volumes with girls without cloth (and one of the two is in the 5th volume, so anime isn't here yet). No girls in underwear, not lewd pose from the girls, no panties shots, and so on. It has so little that actually giving it the ecchi tag is almost a bad idea since it may give the wrong impression to readers (in both choosing to read and choosing not to read it).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

363 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

196 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

208 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

282 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 10, 2015

277 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 11:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.