Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 16, 2015 6:31 PM

Nov 2008
TPP itself hasn't been passed yet, but Fast Track got approved by the US tyranny. Not a good sign at all.

Source

There is still hope as most Republicans, liberals, and unions in the US still oppose it, however Japan is all in now and if it passes will bite the country in the ass and result in the destruction the country economically and the other nations will be at the total mercy of corporate tyrants.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Apr 18, 2015 5:22 AM
Apr 2008
I'm all against TPP because of this
http://www.democracynow.org/2015/3/26/headlines/wikileaks_reveals_tpp_proposal_allowing_corporations_to_sue_nations

I'm pretty much pissed at transparency of the agreement and I do hope more people are aware of this.
Apr 18, 2015 5:57 AM
Jul 2018
Hoppy said:
TPP itself hasn't been passed yet, but Fast Track got approved by the US tyranny. Not a good sign at all.

Source

There is still hope as most Republicans, liberals, and unions in the US still oppose it, however Japan is all in now and if it passes will bite the country in the ass and result in the destruction the country economically and the other nations will be at the total mercy of corporate tyrants.
Can you explain to me what this means?
Apr 18, 2015 9:03 AM

Nov 2008
Eremiel said:
Hoppy said:

Source

Deathnosis said:
I'm all against TPP because of this
http://www.democracynow.org/2015/3/26/headlines/wikileaks_reveals_tpp_proposal_allowing_corporations_to_sue_nations

I'm pretty much pissed at transparency of the agreement and I do hope more people are aware of this.

It's basically a ticket to corporate rule, the government has almost zero power under TPP and while I do not approve of a lot of what governments do, corporations can't do any good and may have the capability to do worse under TPP.

Apr 18, 2015 9:25 AM

Dec 2007
Eremiel said:
Hoppy said:

Source

You mean the fast track?
The biggest thing, and why it's called "fast track," is that treaty (or lesser international agreement) ratification, under the current system, requires two bills: one to approve the agreement, and one to approve any and all spending related to the agreement. The latter especially is vulnerable to the riders and amendments that congress is so well known for. This bill would bundle everything together into a single bill for any future agreements. It then prevents any riders or amendments from being added by giving nothing but an up or down vote.
On the other hand, that long, convoluted process was there in part to ensure rigorous debate so that, in theory, any treaty would be fully vetted.

Proponents like how it streamlines the process and cuts out steps that they felt only served to make it easier to screw around. Opponents don't like how it makes it very easy for the administration to hide things and sneak them through - as long as congress is willing to play ball. This fear has always been there and always been well founded. However, it's grown immensely in recent years due in no small part to Harry Reid's tenure as majority leader, where he regularly abused his position and procedural moves like cloture to deny any debate on bills whatsoever - great for forcing things through but a massive blow for both transparency and accountability. And if one person did it on such a scale, it can easily happen again.
Apr 18, 2015 10:32 AM

Oct 2012
it was going to happen eventually

it wasn't a battle anyone could win

just hold out until the revolution

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Apr 18, 2015 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
I understand now thank you , you wonderful wizards of the internet!

O/T this is kinda fucked up ewe Thanks obama.
Apr 18, 2015 3:21 PM

Jan 2009
i also read some info about TPP that innovation on drugs/medication will lessen since branded medication will not have generic versions for a long long time, and that is very bad news, big pharma is the only one that will benefit greatly about this and not the poor consumers, heck laws should protect more the consumers and not protect more the businesses
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.