Forum Settings
Forums

If you could ever make an anime, what kind of anime would you want it to be?

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 5, 2015 5:07 AM

Aug 2014
I'd definitely make a reverse harem with lots of funny jokes and a slight bit of romance...
Or maybe something more serious that started with the death of one of the main character's mother, which reveals the existence of a powerful organization dedicated to crime. The two main characters (two girls, potential romance between them) help the police investigating and some criminals are arrested. However, word gets around that minors are helping the police and the chef of the investigation (which is the father of the other girl) goes to jail and is killed by another prisoner. The leader of the criminal organization contacts that girl, who's feeling lost after the death of her father and the departure of the other main character to university, and convinces her that her father's death was the police's fault. She, then, starts playing a double game: helps the police arresting minor criminals form the organization and informs the leader when the police are making surprise attacks. Despite still helping the police, at heart she's more of a criminal and starts developing plans with the intent of killing many people. That's when she travels to buy some weapons and is kidnapped and used as a slave. The police doesn't move to save her (despite the pleas from the other main character who actually graduated and is now a lawyer), but the criminal organization does (right here, she stops helping the police and is all in with the criminals). But everything that has happened messed up with her head and she's now kind of crazy and does crazy stuff. This continues until she discovers that who actually killed her father was someone under the order of the leader of the organization, kills him and reveals everything to the police. It would end with the girl in a place for people with mental problems and with the lawyer visiting her and being all lovey dovey. (Idk, sounded better in my head)
Jul 5, 2015 5:14 AM

Jan 2015
Zergneedsfood said:
I'd make something that would piss off fans as much as possible.
be like #BasedTrigger
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Jul 5, 2015 5:17 AM

Apr 2014
weabooby said:
Badass action anime with strong main character. Also dragons.
#DbzRemake
Jul 5, 2015 5:17 AM

Mar 2015
Deus-Vult said:
Zergneedsfood said:
I'd make something that would piss off fans as much as possible.
be like #BasedTrigger
ninja slayer, it will be very fun if their new project be inferno cop 3
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 5, 2015 7:22 AM
Jan 2014
Slice of life harem battle shonen with mechas that takes place in a Japanese high school
Jul 5, 2015 10:00 AM

Aug 2014
Something similar to Ao Haru Ride with more drama.
Jul 5, 2015 10:05 AM

Aug 2014
Mushishi in Robot era
Jul 5, 2015 10:17 AM

Mar 2015
EvilKagawa said:
Mushishi in Robot era
dimension w.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 5, 2015 1:07 PM

Jul 2015
Something psychological, involving some concepts of theology and stuff (I'm actually thinking of writing a novel, lol); some predictable romantic comedy involving a catgirl (why not?) and a pessimistic male protagonist with some other girls that like him too with drama and stuff (well, I think that'd work better as a visual novel); and some biographical story (come on, the thing is really interesting).
Other than that, I'd just create a an anime with charming girls in their way to become idols so I can earn a lot of money! xD
Some lazy guy on scene!

waterfallsxo said:
Why do I think most of the people who have a crush on Archer are straight males lol.
Jul 5, 2015 1:33 PM

Feb 2015
A battle shounen series about kids with elemental superpowers who need to save the world from disaster. Though it would try to stay away from some of the annoying things that plague the shounen genre in general. It'd be fast paced, no fillers, no villain of the week kind of thing, no exposition dumps, have actual character development, and would not be one of those anime that needs 500+ episodes to tell their story.
Jul 5, 2015 3:27 PM
Jun 2015
I'd want it to be action pact and gory ( ' w ' ) With loads of cute girls that are super kickass but wear lolita dresses and have snipers and scythes and chainsaw's. ( ' w ' ) *cough cough* maybe a little yuri in the mix *Cough cough* Also it would be a horror anime and a psychological anime where it can be really fucked up at times.

And i just described madoka magica, Fuck.
Jul 5, 2015 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
I would make a pure romance anime with a love triangle
Jul 6, 2015 12:34 AM
Jun 2015
Slasher anime with main char being masochistic sociopath
Jul 6, 2015 1:20 AM

May 2015
Hmmm. About some ordinary family. One son having a hard life bullied since childhood. Come across with an ancient spirit of some sort telling that his actually a descendant of an forgotten human race that once ruled humanity. And the end of days is coming now being awaken by the coming event all of his family gotten the same message. Now he's being thorned to being a desultory or savior. His family realize he is the most powerful of them all now afraid of him push him more to the dark side. Like that kind of story.
Jul 10, 2015 9:13 PM
Jul 2015
Furries, an anime with furries like that Solatorobo game. Hell yea.
Jul 10, 2015 9:20 PM

Mar 2015
A very cool and amazing deep anime, so that I could piss people off by going off on hiatus constantly
Jul 11, 2015 8:05 AM

Jun 2015
It would be an interesting Anime.

Main Genre: Supernatural - Anti-Hero - Batman/Spiderman/Angel-esque. Anime Based in Los Angeles.

A Mix Between Darker Than Black and Angel(5-Stars(Buffy Spin-Off))

It would be about a 20 year old male (Similar to Hei) moving from (Insert Country) to America and is dealing with his new life with Super Powers.

Prequel Episodes show what happened to him to get his powers... Some Childhood trauma and gets the Almighty Push/Universal Pull and Hei's Electric Powers...

As the Series goes on, Its gonna be a Long one(100+ Episodes -500 Episodes), the MC gets companions... Decides between hiding his powers or giving himself to science and the military or become a Vigilante and help LA and the Surrounding Cities become a safer place...

Sub-Plots: Romantic blah blah, Vigilante rival, Persecution from Army, choosing between his Lover or one of his side kicks...
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost."
Jul 11, 2015 2:12 PM

Jun 2014
I would make an English dub of School Days and put 4kids in charge of production of the anime to be aired on Saturday mornings on Cartoon Network. Oh, and Makoto's voice actor would be Sanji's 4kids VA from One Piece.
I have a twisted mind that gives me a dark sense of humor, laughing at the misfortune of others.
Jul 11, 2015 3:07 PM

May 2014
I would like to make a 25 episode anime about three moe girls running a retirement home.

The leader: she runs the place, take care of the echonomics and when new people moves in or arrange funerals when someone dies.
She is a bit sassy to the two other girls and thefamilies of the old people living there, but kind and gentle towards the old folks. And she is bossy.

The chef: she runs the kitchen and serves the food. She is for the moste a calm and collected girl. But when she starts laughting, she lauhgs like a hyena.

The cleaner: she cleans and tidy the rooms. She has a dark secret and maybe a shady past, one of the elderys living at the home knows about.
Jul 11, 2015 4:48 PM

Jul 2015
I'd def wanna make something near-future scifi. It's kinda my favourite genre of anything, really. One of my favourite books of all time is called "Feed" by M.T Anderson and he spends a lot of the narrative describing the atmosphere and reality of a degrading future despite having "the technology" that we dream of now. I'd like to take this setting out of prose and fit it in an anime somehow.

Something between or a mix of Psycho-Pass and AKIRA.
Jul 11, 2015 4:52 PM
Goddess

Sep 2013
A romance anime with interracial couples who has overkill supernatural abilities... IDK~ Lol
Jul 11, 2015 11:03 PM

Jun 2015
Either the story of a 19 year old kid who becomes a Marine, then transfers to be a SEAL (would make a pretty cool, new anime). Or an anime where a 19 year old kid fights off some sort of enemy with a friend-girl and a few other friends. You never really wanted me to get into the details, so that's about it.
Jul 12, 2015 12:26 AM

May 2015
Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama, Tragedy, Romance (But does not involve the MC), Magic Fantasy, Seinen

A 27-year-old well-renowned soldier returns home after a successful mission to see her hometown in the brink of destruction. People are dead or dying and their bodies were being littered across the streets. When she reaches her house, she witnesses the death of her husband and her two children in front of her very eyes. She succeeds in defeating the attackers, but is completely devastated from the loss of her family.

An hour later, reinforcements come. However, instead of receiving help, she is instantly blamed for the cause of the town's demise. Confused, exhausted, and enraged by the fact that she was just branded a traitor, she flees from her hometown and would-be-captors. Being wanted by the kingdom for her "crime", she lives in a life of hiding, wandering the land to search for the cause of her exile.

Impromptu!
Jul 13, 2015 1:36 PM

Jun 2014
Anime-version of Hannibal TV series.
Jul 13, 2015 5:10 PM

May 2014
Oh, man. I have way too many ideas. The reason I'm pursuing art is because I want to create an anime.
Jul 13, 2015 5:20 PM

Jan 2014
I had an idea for a show and I have no idea if it would even work. It's basically a harem show with a gay guy as the MC and all his potential love interests are guys. Maybe reverse the genders so it's an all-girl cast. Either one would be pretty interesting to see.
Jul 13, 2015 6:33 PM

Jul 2015
My favorite entertainment genre is psychological. Mix that with a thriller/horror blend and you have the perfect combination. I like thought provoking movies/books/television shows. So, the anime I would create would be established on a gritty and dark foundation, yet be gripping and stimulating.

There would be a completely separate species as the protagonists of the series. Humans would be a part of the show in the way of food for this new species, be retained and observed in exhibits (or something relating to what human beings call 'zoos'), and be kept as pets or slaves. As humans themselves know, they are an intelligent life form that should have the basic rights to live freely and safely. People have free will and being trapped, just liked we have done to our environment, is not something any life form wants to endure. I would want to cover the consequences of not treating all life equally.

The protagonists are more advanced than us, yet have the same moral code. Freedom within their species and oppression geared towards outside influences.
Jul 14, 2015 8:23 AM

Jul 2015
Combo of School Days and Boku No Pico with a lot more ecchi/hentai scenes, and really bad graphics and with tons of plot holes, I'm guessing it's gonna be n1 rated on internet immediatly ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)
Jul 14, 2015 8:27 AM

Nov 2013
Concept of Darker than Black but execution like The Dark Knight.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jul 14, 2015 8:34 AM

Mar 2015
Fostah said:
Combo of School Days and Boku No Pico with a lot more ecchi/hentai scenes, and really bad graphics and with tons of plot holes, I'm guessing it's gonna be n1 rated on internet immediatly ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)
utsu musume sayuri.
Jul 14, 2015 8:37 AM

Aug 2014
A mecha anime that doesn't suck with no plot holes like a mix of code geass and gundam plus some slice of life to get to know the characters so when some one I kill off it will have some weight to it not like some other shows *cough* *cough*
Jul 14, 2015 9:29 AM

Jul 2015
Rainman22 said:
Had an idea, then read all these other ones to see if it was already used and now I forgot it.
Jul 14, 2015 10:16 AM

Apr 2014
story about Evil lord Demon which not have human appearance make his way to rule the world.
and season 2 would be about how to control the world and get rid of heroes who dare to rebellion against him and die with gruesome death by Evil lord Demon hand.
Jul 20, 2015 7:13 PM

Jun 2014
I would do an anime based on the folk-metal spanish band, Mägo de Oz's, album called Finisterra.
In the year 2199, a new order, Satania, is ruling the world. This was caused in the beginning of the 21st century, when the Third World, under the name of "Batallón de la Cochambre", made a revolution called "la guerra del hambre" (the war of hunger). This made the world's dominant powers to use all their bacteriological and nuclear arsenals, causing the destruction of all animal and plant life, but not destroying all humanity. A selected group of corporative leaders, politicians and computer programmers, organized by the enigmatic figure of "elmaestro.com", created Satania, a world without violence, revolutions or the right of the people to think by themselves to create another option. Years passed in a world where reading was forbidden, sex was practiced in the "clean way" (virtually), oxygen was rationed, and society was slowly falling on itself. In Necropolis, the official capital of Satania, a group of "doubters" (people who were not conformed with digital life and with an automatic society) began the search of another way of life, based more on the spiritual ways, and running away from the advances that will lead to the destruction of the Earth. Bribing the biggest hacker in the zone, "alamierda.es" (toshit.es), with oxygen credit cards and the most powerful hallucinating drug that ever existed (which is, a video of notable moments of a game show), they search in the hard drive of "elmaestro.com" (themaster.com) for the reason why humanity reached that point.

They find a CD-ROM that narrates the story of Diego Cortéz, a swordsman that protects an enigmatic pilgrim from Puente La Reina to Santiago de Compostela, known to be the pilgrimage of the Way of St. James and they both make a long voyage of self-discovery. When they finally reach Santiago de Compostela the pilgrim kills Diego, after revealing he is Astaroth (the Devil). He then goes to the nearby church. In order to negotiate with God; Astaroth believes they can join forces to control humanity. To close the agreement, the Devil leaves a CD-ROM with an inscription on it, "You are in Satania, this is the end of the road!".
The music of the album would be used as ost.
Power itself must be abolished -and not solely because of a refusal to be dominated, wich is at the heart of all traditional struggles- but also, just as violently, in the refusal to dominate. Intelligence cannot, can never be in power because intelligence consist of this double refusal.
Jean Baudrillard
Jul 20, 2015 11:03 PM

Jul 2014
hmm depends. . .

On one hand, I'd like to see a slice of life of something extremely depressing, like Yu Hua's "To Live."

On the other, I'd also love an epic fantasy/mystery/adventure with mature themes - sort of like a mixing of Monster and Berserk.

but then again...I'd probably welcome anything to do with cute girls (or traps) doing cute things... ^^
Jul 20, 2015 11:31 PM

Jul 2014
DARK FANTASY YURI FUCK YEA. But like, actual yuri and not just subtext-that-looks-hella-gay-but-nah-they're-just-some-gals-bein'-REALLY-GOOD-PALS. Or just more yuri in general that isn't a normalverse slice of life. Because fuck yea, fantasy yuri. It'd be fun.

I also draw in a more serious, detailed style that tries to steer away from same face syndrome, so it'd have that. I really enjoy psychedelic visuals too, or just things that are really artsy and unusually designed.

In terms of plot I love psychological-type things. Dark things. I always torment my OCs in my stories and break them before building them back up. I'm not as big a fan of more impersonal conflicts between large factions and the likes; it's more fun when the cast of characters themselves are the ones clashing against eachother (I don't really like having large casts though).

I really love stories with a lot of focus on internal conflicts and where the characters' biggest enemies are themselves and have them struggle to overcome their own shortcomings.

I'm probably rambling too much, but those are my tastes. Tying all these things together into one would be perfection to me.
Jul 20, 2015 11:33 PM

Aug 2013
I would make a new Season of Mushishi
Jul 20, 2015 11:43 PM

Dec 2013
A true deconstruction of the super sentai genre, mixed in with some survival game/SAW-like elements, with a cop show on the side as they try to save the heroes.
Jul 20, 2015 11:45 PM

Nov 2013
An anime where the MC starts from nothing and slowly uses his mind to take over the world, create his own harem, and eventually becomes something like Griffith from Berserk.
Jul 21, 2015 12:02 AM

Jul 2015
A misunderstood teen, due to overcrowding of other classrooms, is placed in a special classroom reserved only for tsudere girls because the school think they are trouble, or troubled. The sparks fly when the girls think he is a hentai, due to some false rumors about him. he is new to the school. He eventually wins their hearts over, only after he gets the shit beat out of him practically everyday by the girls.
The other one is My Magic Dildo, where a girl finds out that her new sex toy has magical powers and she becomes a magic girl.
Jul 21, 2015 1:04 AM

Oct 2013
An anime that opens people's eyes and solves all problems of the world today.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Jul 21, 2015 2:37 PM

Jun 2015
I would definitely do a slice of life, maybe something about two childhood friends, somehow by coincidence end up later in life moving to the same area and same complex without ever running into eachother until one day...
Jul 21, 2015 5:13 PM

Apr 2015
Dinosaurs, My Waifu, more girls, superpowers, harem, mc has hidden powers, swords
Jul 21, 2015 5:18 PM

Jul 2012
an anime like inuyasha filled with demons, angels and humans living in the same world and the angels are fighting against the demons to restore world peace for the humans!
Jul 21, 2015 5:38 PM
Apr 2015
I would remake SAO because the idea is great but the story is shit
Jul 21, 2015 6:24 PM
Sep 2014
Something with great character development and 0 fan service
Jul 22, 2015 8:07 AM
Jul 2015
Well... I would surely love to add the genre "psychological". The characters will play games, fight, etc. using their mental energy. And among those, the protagonist will have to most powerful mental framework.
Jul 22, 2015 1:26 PM

Jun 2015
An action, romance anime that's not a harem. The male and female lead are both strong and capable.
Jul 22, 2015 1:45 PM

Aug 2014
Unlimited budget, time and resources to make something look really amazing.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jul 22, 2015 1:50 PM

Nov 2014
An experiment where the story is in first person like a Visual Novel.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9080 by BrianaBird »»
30 seconds ago

» Opinions on the state of the BL genre?

decco6226 - 5 hours ago

10 by Multilynx »»
7 minutes ago

» What is the most memorable first episode of an anime you've watched?

mahrjose - Yesterday

34 by FZREMAKE »»
12 minutes ago

» Anime you regret not watching sooner

ST63LTH - May 1

23 by Zedlin »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » Should live action shows get anime adaptations?

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

9 by ST63LTH »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.