Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 6, 2015 3:30 PM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
Here is a collection of news briefs for the last week in anime/manga news. These briefs include announcements that would not normally receive their own news thread. Please check the News Board for previous major announcements. Last week's News Briefs can be found here.

Upcoming Anime

Boruto: Naruto the Movie
The main staff members for the movie were announced. Ukyou Kodachi (Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Senyaku) will be collaborating with Masashi Kishimoto on the script.

Character Design and Production Supervisor: Masashi Kishimoto
Script: Masashi Kishimoto, Ukyou Kodachi
Director: Hiroyuki Yamashita

Source: ANN
Previous related news: 'Naruto' Sequel Movie 'Boruto -Naruto the Movie-' Announced for August 2015

Venus Project
The main cast members were announced. Their roles will be revealed at the "VENUS PROJECT" PS VITA launch event on April 26.

Sawako Hata
Riho Iida
Marika Hayase

Source: Official site
Previous related news: Idol Project 'Venus Project' TV Anime to Air Summer 2015

Other Anime News

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal - Currently Airing
It was announced that idol Shoko Nakagawa will be playing the role of Diana which will premiere in the 20th episode of the series.

Source: Comic Natalie

Manga News

Gin no Saji
The latest issue of Shounen Sunday announced that Gin no Saji will resume serialization in the upcoming issue of the magazine, which will be released on April 22. The manga was in semi-hiatus status since August due to Hiromu Arakawa's family member's health.

Source: Scan via ANN

Industry News

Classic Anime Distributor Anime Sols to Close
The website will be closing on May 1, 2015. During this period, shipping will still continue, and users may still stream anime. Anime Sols distributed titles such as Magical Angel Creamy Mami.

Source: Official Tweet
News submitted by AnnaSartin

Seiyuu Ikumi Nakagami Announces Pregnancy
The seiyuu announced via her official blog that she is pregnant. She will take a break from voice-acting, starting in July.

Source: Official blog

Seiyuu Mariya Ise Announces Marriage and Pregnancy
The seiyuu announced via her official blog that she married last January and that she is pregnant. It has not yet been announced if she will still continue to work.

Source: Official blog

Shingeki no Kyojin Live-Action TV
It was announced that Shingeki no Kyojin will receive a live-action TV drama slated for August, alongside the live-action movies.

Source: Oricon
News submitted by SnazzGary
myanimelistllcApr 2, 2016 4:37 AM

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Apr 6, 2015 3:31 PM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
PVs/TV Ads
A collection of promotional videos and TV advertisements from the past week.
Note: All PVs/CMs from the Spring season can be found in our Spring 2015 Preview thread found here.

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Apr 6, 2015 4:08 PM

Apr 2014
yay~! <3
Gin no saji is back.

AoT live action? O_o
Apr 6, 2015 4:16 PM

Jan 2012
Mushishi Zoku Shou: Suzu no Shizuku can't wait for May 16, 2015

Apr 6, 2015 4:43 PM

Mar 2014
Did the anime industry take a break this week so those 2 seiyuus could make babies? lol
I also like how Mariya Ise announced her marriage now, 3 months later, why even announce it at all? Feels weird to call it an announcement when it is this late too.
And why do seiyuus quit or stop seiyuuing because they are pregnant? Like, I guess if it's close that's ok and I really don't want to speak down on anyone here but I feel like being a seiyuu isn't the most physical demanding job in the world and it's not a job your baby is going to stop you from doing, I guess the whole "woman in kitchen" mentality in Japan doesn't help here. Mariya Ise should get back to work though, I think she still has to work on some Summer shows but who knows and she's only 27 anyway.

Either way, never heard of Anime Sols, and I think there's a good reason for that, it's nice that they have taken upon themselves to stream old anime but come on, who the hell thought that'd actually be a good idea?

Charlotte looks amazing though, really excited.

I still have no idea what the KnK movie is going to be about, every PV has shown completely different things, also looking forward to it.
Anyone have any info on the BDs release date? Can't even find one for the first movie.

I haven't watched any of Sidonia but that PV makes me really curious.

Aria still credits Athena as Kawakami Tomoko? Kinda weird. And apparently it's only an OVA.
Apr 6, 2015 4:53 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
That Mushishi movie PV gave me goosebumps! I can't wait! >.<

Sidonia: DWS' PV looks epic too! Tsumugi's voice is so cute! :3

Apr 6, 2015 5:06 PM

Nov 2012
Yay! I'm in the news!

~I'm so proud of myself for doing something with my life, I think I'm gonna frame this moment on my wall.

No, but seriously, a live action series, alongside movies? Milk milk milk~
"Hey, assbutt!"—Castiel, Supernatural

"Do you ever have a problem where you just don't know how to reply to an argument-- not because you don't know the answer, but you just don't where to begin? Like, the foundation of knowledge you'd need to impart to this person before you could even begin to drag them out of their sinkhole of ignorance would cost thousands of dollars, if it were coming from a University?" -MAL in a nutshell.
Apr 6, 2015 5:17 PM

Apr 2013
Nice. I needed my daily farming manga back.
Apr 6, 2015 5:19 PM

Nov 2008
Paulo27 said:
Did the anime industry take a break this week so those 2 seiyuus could make babies? lol
I also like how Mariya Ise announced her marriage now, 3 months later, why even announce it at all? Feels weird to call it an announcement when it is this late too.
And why do seiyuus quit or stop seiyuuing because they are pregnant? Like, I guess if it's close that's ok and I really don't want to speak down on anyone here but I feel like being a seiyuu isn't the most physical demanding job in the world and it's not a job your baby is going to stop you from doing, I guess the whole "woman in kitchen" mentality in Japan doesn't help here. Mariya Ise should get back to work though, I think she still has to work on some Summer shows but who knows and she's only 27 anyway.

The Otaku are to blame, they are jealous and a constant threat to their safety, I mean these Otaku sometimes track idols and seiyuu to their houses like dogs. If they seen them pregnant on a radio show (it's hard enough for them to realize they had sex and got married), there would be outrage and threats off the charts.

Apr 6, 2015 5:22 PM

Mar 2014
Hoppy said:
Paulo27 said:

The Otaku are to blame, they are jealous and a constant threat to their safety, I mean these Otaku sometimes track idols and seiyuu to their houses like dogs. If they seen them pregnant on a radio show (it's hard enough for them to realize they had sex and got married), there would be outrage and threats off the charts.
Being an otaku has a lot to it, uh? I wonder how much you'd have to train to sense if your favorite seiyuu is pregnant or not through voice alone.
Apr 6, 2015 6:00 PM

Nov 2011
Kinda slow week but seeing Silver Spoon manga returning got me hyped. The author's other work Arslan Senki's anime adaptation began airing too. Sweet.
Apr 6, 2015 6:50 PM

Nov 2008
Paulo27 said:
Hoppy said:

Being an otaku has a lot to it, uh? I wonder how much you'd have to train to sense if your favorite seiyuu is pregnant or not through voice alone.

If they have their address all they have to do is hide until they come home and you can tell if a woman is pregnant regardless of size and since most are petite you will notice right away.

Apr 6, 2015 9:43 PM

Sep 2014
Charlotte is looking really Good!!!!!! And im surprised its coming next season!!! And it looks like lots of people who worked for Angel Beats are doing this as well ( cant read Japanese )
Apr 6, 2015 10:32 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Best of luck to the seiyuu with their marriages and pregnancies. May they have safe deliveries +healthy offspring.

RIP AnimeSOLs.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Apr 7, 2015 2:02 AM
May 2012
I can't wait for the Boruto movie!!
Still waiting for Gin no Saji season 3.
Congrats to Ikumi Nakagami, and Ise Mariya :O
Shingeki no Kyojin Live-Action TV, huh.
Apr 7, 2015 2:56 AM

Apr 2012
Congratulations Mariya Ise and Nakagami Ikumi
Excited for Kyoukai no Kanata!

Apr 7, 2015 3:00 AM

Jan 2014
I'm so hyped for Charlotte! Looks amazing!

And AOT drama TV show, wait what? O.o
Apr 7, 2015 3:21 AM

Apr 2013
Snow said:

Gin no Saji
The latest issue of Shounen Sunday announced that Gin no Saji will resume serialization in the upcoming issue of the magazine, which will be released on April 22. The manga was in semi-hiatus status since August due to Hiromu Arakawa's family member's health.

Bless.
Great news :)
Apr 7, 2015 4:04 AM

Dec 2014
Paulo27 said:

Either way, never heard of Anime Sols, and I think there's a good reason for that, it's nice that they have taken upon themselves to stream old anime but come on, who the hell thought that'd actually be a good idea?

They did, as did all the people who donated to their crowdfunding campaigns to get Creamy Mami, Black Jack and Dear Brother released on DVD. The problem is that running a company where you expect donations to be a permanent source of revenue is not sound business sense. Their intentions were good, but... just not a good long-term business model.

I was hoping to see one of my childhood favorites "Belfy & Lillibit" released on DVD before they went under, but no such luck. I hope someone else will pick it up.
Apr 7, 2015 4:41 AM

Mar 2014
The main staff members for the movie were announced. Ukyou Kodachi (Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Senyaku) will be collaborating with Masashi Kishimoto on the script.

Shingeki no Kyojin Live-Action TV
It was announced that Shingeki no Kyojin will receive a live-action TV drama slated for August, alongside the live-action movies.
Moar milking

The seiyuu announced via her official blog that she is pregnant. She will take a break from voice-acting, starting in July.

Seiyuu Mariya Ise Announces Marriage and Pregnancy
The seiyuu announced via her official blog that she married last January and that she is pregnant. It has not yet been announced if she will still continue to work.
They're not pure anymore! Arrest them! Expel them from the glorious Japan! NIHON BANZAI!
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 7, 2015 6:52 AM

Sep 2009

Gratz to her. But I really hope it won't affect upcoming GuP movie cause I can't imaging any other seiyuu as Yukari.
Apr 7, 2015 7:15 AM

Aug 2012
I'm excited for the new Aria but it's airing late summer, does this mean it's gonna be multiple OVAs?
Apr 7, 2015 7:25 AM

Aug 2010
Attack on Titan live-action? Eh, hard to get excited.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Apr 7, 2015 7:52 AM

Dec 2012
"Boruto"

cringeworthy

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Apr 7, 2015 11:35 AM

Jul 2012
Waiting for Mushishi :3
I really hope that a sequel to Gin no Saji gets green-lit, that is if there is enough content for that (since it was in hiatus and all).
Apr 7, 2015 12:48 PM

Mar 2014
Infatuate said:
"Boruto"

cringeworthy
At least it's a better title than Broruto
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

5 by Thanatos1 »»
31 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
2 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
6 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.