Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2015 3:47 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The animation style felt meh but the tone of this imo had a delicate charm to with the chemistry between the MC and the maid.

This had some sweet moments although the storytelling felt somewhat blend. Loved the theme song though.
Mar 31, 2015 1:37 AM

Dec 2014
...Did I just come back from the 80s? Wow, it somehow manages to be more contrived and awkward than Ongaku Shoujo, one hour, this is how long it felt.

A few animation error (one being around 6:32 the maid's posture isn't consistent with the last shot) and the presentation including character's expression and voice acting are all...awful, one example is when the guy explaining what happened to his real mom before she died you know that he is going for sarcastic and self-pity, but the whole thing ended up being flat and confusing. That also didn't help when the maid is just a robot and somehow she spouts out some bullshit that doesn't even indicate she understand his situation and our MC just falls for it for no reason.

Okay, so the art style is like a children book, and the director is specialized in this field, but the story is about a young adult whose mom didn't hug him enough when he's young and also a outcast of society, and a creepy robot maid that he doesn't expect to have pretends it is his "mom" and somehow through some childish and magical development they form a bond and receive a happy ending.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like it will work, it needs more than a different tone. I'm sure the people has a good intention, they could have just replace the MC with a boy who lost his mom recently and be a generic coming-of-age story, and that if done well it would be at least charming, but not with a complex organism like you and me, and I'm sure they do that for a reason. Sometimes the worst are done with the best intentions.

Kowarekake no Orgel. It's not something great. But it accomplished what Happy ComeCome fails to achieve.

Never saw it coming. Advertisement and then this, yeah it's probably a good thing Anime Mirai is coming to an end.
raveninthemuddleMar 31, 2015 5:30 AM
Mar 31, 2015 3:11 PM

Oct 2012
Last July, the original name that was announced was "Robot Kaa-san".

It seems to me that the entire concept of "Anime Mirai" really doesn't make any
sense. It is an extremely expensive way for the Japanese government to
subsidize training of young animators. Besides that, there is nothing to result in
a work that seems worth talking about.
okanaganMar 31, 2015 3:14 PM
Feb 14, 2016 9:24 AM

May 2012
I was not a too huge fan of this one, it wasn't bad, but it just didn't interest me that much.
Sep 1, 2016 1:04 PM

Mar 2016
I wonder if the shutdown order suppose to be referring to Your mom joke tho
Mar 5, 9:52 PM

Jan 2011
The idea is sound, but was a bit eh on the execution.

ramensama92 said:
I wonder if the shutdown order suppose to be referring to Your mom joke tho
Yes.

More topics from this board

» This gonna be subbed or what?

chinesecartoonz - May 5, 2015

2 by Simar »»
Jul 12, 2015 2:45 PM

» Preview Images

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2015

0 by Stark700 »»
Feb 24, 2015 8:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.