Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 17, 2015 10:22 PM

Aug 2013
 Recently Added Dates (Last 5)
Light Novel (ENG) v9 - August 27, 2019 (corrected)
Light Novel (ENG) v8 - April 2, 2019 (corrected)
Light Novel (ENG) v7 - October 30, 2018 (corrected again)
Light Novel v10 - February , 2018
NGNL: Zero - July 15, 2017

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=[ Release Dates ]=

Anime Status
 Release date(s):
Season 1 - Released: April 9, 2014
Season 1 Dub - Released: July 28, 2015
 Estimated Release date(s):
Late 2019

Movie Status
Release date(s):
NGNL: Zero - Released: July 15, 2017
None

Manga Status
 Release date(s):
Volume 1 - Released: November 22, 2013
None

Light novel Status
 Release date(s):
Volume 1 - Released: April 25, 2012
Volume 2 - Released: September 25, 2012
Volume 3 - Released: January 25, 2013
Volume 4 - Released: June 25, 2013
Volume 5 - Released: November 25, 2013
Volume 6 - Released: April 25, 2014
Volume 7 - Released: July 24, 2015
Volume 8 - Released: December 25, 2015
Volume 9 - Released: August 25, 2016
Volume 10- Released: February 24, 2018
None

Light novel (ENG) Status
 Release date(s):
Volume 1 - Released: April 21, 2015
Volume 2 - Released: July 21, 2015
Volume 3 - Released: October 27, 2015
Volume 4 - Released: March 22, 2016
Volume 5 - Released: December 20, 2016
Volume 6 - Released: July 25, 2017
Volume 7 - Released: October 30, 2018
Volume 8 - Released: April 2, 2019
Volume 9 - Released: October 29, 2019
Volume 10- Released: February 18, 2020
None

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=[ Sources ]=
//For those of you that don't know, you can use Google translate to translate any page, however the translations are usually pretty terrible. Just copy and paste the URL of the site inside of the translation box and click the URL on the translated side and then let Google do the work!//

Hopefully you found this usefull! Feedback would be nice! If you have any questions, or any news to notify me of, tell me down below. I always check the replies and reply to most posts, however make sure there isn't one of the same already, thank you! ^-^

CrovvvJan 5, 2020 9:52 PM
Visit my Anime List or my Manga List
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 17, 2015 10:31 PM

Sep 2013
They're not going to skip 3 volumes XD
That was a hint for season 2 obviously :)

Fall 2015 for NGNL 2?
Ore monogatari (by madhouse) will end in fall 2015 :O
Coincidence? or foreshadowing?
Mar 17, 2015 10:32 PM

Apr 2012
you should bbc code your spoilers

Mar 17, 2015 11:06 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
I don't really care NGNL was pretty average apart from steph and the references
Mar 17, 2015 11:52 PM
Dec 2009
Will the characters actually lose for once so that they'll be more sympathetic? Also, will there be less ecchi? If so, I may just end up not hating the second half of this overatted series.
Mar 18, 2015 12:56 AM

Aug 2012
Thread Moved.
Mar 18, 2015 4:08 AM

Aug 2013
ichii_1 said:
They're not going to skip 3 volumes XD
That was a hint for season 2 obviously :)

It is either a hint for a second season or just to get people to buy the original material. What I mean to say by "skip" was that the events of the 7th volume would most likely happen before the 4th one.
CrovvvJun 10, 2015 4:15 AM
Mar 18, 2015 7:20 AM

Apr 2014
i dont think madhouse thought this was going to be a hit so they gave it a original ending and really didnt plan to give it a season 2 or even a chance for a season 2.

if anything mad house got to swivel their way into incorporating 4-6 into season 2 by changing the order around. The stories and characters are there all they need to do is change some time lines
Mar 18, 2015 8:58 AM

Aug 2013
Moodie said:
if anything mad house got to swivel their way into incorporating 4-6 into season 2 by changing the order around. The stories and characters are there all they need to do is change some time lines

I believe that they might just have the volumes 7, 4, 5 and 6 (In that order) squeezed into a second season, 12/24 episode format (Hopefully 24). Only with a few things changed.
CrovvvAug 21, 2015 11:06 AM
Mar 26, 2015 3:37 AM
Feb 2015
Are there any news?
Mar 26, 2015 11:02 AM

Jul 2014
So is that the LN done if volume 7 is cancelled and if it's been so long since the last volume? Guess we won't get season 2 if no more volumes of the LN are released.
Mar 26, 2015 11:22 AM
Oct 2012
iiMachina said:
Bad news Volume 7 Has been cancelled from what I can tell.

Wiki was wrong, the official website for NGNL never said that it was going to be released in April. Media Factory only schedules releases 1 month in advance and it NGNL was not listed when they updated the schedule last month (I know I checked). May's will be released in a couple of days now that the March date has passed (MF releases all their books on the same day).

So we will have to check then to see if NGNL is scheduled for May. Here is the site:

http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/bunkoj/schedule/index

Now for extremely popular series, like Haganai, MF has been know to make a special release, but that would mean a book is released SOONER than expected.

Also, even if it was on the list and removed, it doesn't mean that the book or volume has been cancelled. Haganai's last volume was scheduled to be released and then delayed 5 months. These things happen.
Mar 27, 2015 10:34 AM
Feb 2015
iiMachina said:
Matija12 said:
Are there any news?

Well, there is good news and there is bad news.

Bad news Volume 7 Has been cancelled from what I can tell. Considering Wiki removed Volume 7 from their site. It would seem either the date was fake or they cancelled it. But there is good news. they have announced the dub for the anime (for July 27) and an official english release for the volumes. Volume 1 & 2 have been confirmed and will be released with the first one coming out on April 21 and the second one on July 21.

*First post will be updated later*
So we will have it soon? nice!
Mar 27, 2015 10:18 PM

Aug 2013
danieltortoisee said:
So is that the LN done if volume 7 is cancelled and if it's been so long since the last volume? Guess we won't get season 2 if no more volumes of the LN are released.

They just now on the 24th of march announced that they will release the dub for the anime and a release date for the English version of the first two volumes. So it's not like they're completely inactive. :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Takuan_Soho said:
Also, even if it was on the list and removed, it doesn't mean that the book or volume has been cancelled. Haganai's last volume was scheduled to be released and then delayed 5 months. These things happen.

Thank you for your informative response. Firstly, I must apologize I did not mean "cancelled" as the way it was said (English is not my native language). What I meant overall was that right now we currently have no news for a volume 7 release date (Atleast not at the time of this post).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matija12 said:
So we will have it soon? nice!

Well we do kinda have enough material for a second season (Season 1 took 3 volumes and there is 6 out). There is possibly a chance but it's slim. We still really need to wait for that 7th volume. It will most likely be in late 2016 if there is going to be one to begin with.
CrovvvJun 10, 2015 4:17 AM
Mar 27, 2015 11:17 PM

Jan 2015
Honestly I hope they include a ton more fan service just so it could be like a huge "fuck you" to all the annoying elitists out there who were complaining about it.
Mar 28, 2015 7:35 PM

Aug 2013
Deceptive said:
Honestly I hope they include a ton more fan service just so it could be like a huge "fuck you" to all the annoying elitists out there who were complaining about it

But some people just hate on the series to try to anger other people. You have to keep that in mind sometimes.
CrovvvApr 4, 2015 7:53 PM
Mar 29, 2015 6:10 AM
Mar 2015
Hello :) so, you think that we can expect a season 2 for NGNL or not? (sorry for my bad english I'm french)
Mar 29, 2015 11:25 AM

Aug 2013
luocass said:
Hello :) so, you think that we can expect a season 2 for NGNL or not? (sorry for my bad english I'm french)

Bonjour mon ami. ^.^

I also speak french! About season 2, it all depends on if they decide to release that 7th volume or not. Although it is still possible to release one with the material they have currently. But it'll most likely be in another 12 episodes format. Which honestly I would prefer to have 24 episodes. So I wouldn't mind to wait. But then again it might not happen at all. I mean like I can't give you a perfect prediction of what is going to happen. :/
CrovvvApr 19, 2015 4:43 PM
Mar 29, 2015 1:11 PM
Mar 2015
I speak french it's easier for me ^^ : Merci pour t'as réponse, je préfère aussi le format de 24 épisodes et ça ne me dérange non plus d'attendre tant que la saison 2 sort ça me va. Alors nous n'avons plus qu'à prier pour qu'elle sorte :) (si jamais tu as de nouvelles informations pourras tu me les envoyer par message priver?) And if you have other animes to suggest me please send me a message :)
Apr 3, 2015 7:12 PM

Aug 2013
***Main post updated***
Apr 6, 2015 12:33 AM

Jan 2015
Mmhhh...guys, i want a 2nd season. Can i hope in it?
Apr 6, 2015 7:40 PM

Aug 2013
Xenocrisi said:

Like I said we can't know for sure. Right now we're waiting for that 7th volume. But it is likely considering how well the sales went in Japan. And with the Dub coming out in July they will start selling it in America too. Meaning more chance of a second season! (The more money the better the chances). But that doesn't change the fact that we need that 7th volume.
CrovvvApr 19, 2015 4:44 PM
Apr 7, 2015 3:26 AM

Nov 2014
when will it be confirmed? since I would really like to know when =)
Apr 7, 2015 5:29 AM

Jan 2015
iiMachina said:

Like I said we can't know for sure. Right now we're waiting for that 7th volume. But it is likely considering how well the sales went in Japan. And with the Dub coming out in July they will start selling it in America too. Meaning more chance of a second season! (The more money the better the chances). But that doesn't change the fact that we need that 7th volume.

God, i really think that NGNL sold very well in japan, and this volume...pls.
Apr 7, 2015 6:01 PM

Aug 2013
SympathyRS said:

Well I don't know when it will be confirmed. .-.
But I estimate Season 2 to be out for Fall 2015 or Spring 2016.
But that's an estimation it might just not happen at all. But I think that is unlikely.

Xenocrisi said:
God, i really think that NGNL sold very well in japan, and this volume...pls.

Well I made my estimation for the light novel and after looking at it statistically, I estimate it to be out June 25th. Keep an eye on the Media Factory release dates. They update to the next month's schedule usually around the 25th of every month.
CrovvvMay 17, 2015 10:42 PM
Apr 12, 2015 12:35 AM

Nov 2014
MachinaEx said:

Well I don't know when it will be confirmed. .-.
But I estimate Season 2 to be out for Fall 2015 or Spring 2016.
But that's an estimation it might just not happen at all. But I think that is unlikely.

I really hope that is the case, would like to watch it.
Apr 12, 2015 3:22 PM

Aug 2013
SympathyRS said:
I really hope that is the case, would like to watch it.

So do I. ^ ^
CrovvvApr 19, 2015 4:45 PM
Apr 18, 2015 7:55 AM

Apr 2014
Thanks so much for posting this information!!!! I was going to print my own copies of the NGNL Light Novels (I saved a copy of volumes 1-5 before they got taken off) lol

3 days until first release? Cant freaking wait. And I'm gonna have to rewatch the entire series to see how well they dub it. This is my #1 favourite anime ever, and holy FUCK am I excited!!!

If S2 or the dub turns out to be sh*t, I'm gonna fly over to Japan or whereever and assasinate the producers while they sleep.

Also: PM me if you want a copy of the LNs, i know that some people didn't get to finish them because Baka-Tsuki took them down.
if you run you get faster to your location

have a nice day
- FALL3RE
Apr 19, 2015 4:51 PM

Aug 2013
RandomGuy2211 said:
Thanks so much for posting this information!!!!
Hey! Thank you for your very nice response! It makes my day to see people happy for something I've done! ^-^

RandomGuy2211 said:
If S2 or the dub turns out to be sh*t, I'm gonna fly over to Japan or whereever and assasinate the producers while they sleep.
Well bring me with you, I'll be your partner in crime. XD
Plus, free ride to japan!
CrovvvApr 20, 2015 6:34 AM
Apr 19, 2015 7:12 PM

Apr 2014
SUPPORT THE LIGHT NOVEL!

if the light novels get good sales in state we might be able to get full translations of the rest of the novels in physical form
Apr 20, 2015 6:44 AM

Aug 2013
Moodie said:
SUPPORT THE LIGHT NOVEL!

Like I said, the more money they get the better!

***Main post updated***
CrovvvJul 13, 2015 5:29 PM
Apr 27, 2015 5:15 AM

Apr 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
iiMachina said:
Bad news Volume 7 Has been cancelled from what I can tell.

Wiki was wrong, the official website for NGNL never said that it was going to be released in April. Media Factory only schedules releases 1 month in advance and it NGNL was not listed when they updated the schedule last month (I know I checked). May's will be released in a couple of days now that the March date has passed (MF releases all their books on the same day).

So we will have to check then to see if NGNL is scheduled for May. Here is the site:

http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/bunkoj/schedule/index

Now for extremely popular series, like Haganai, MF has been know to make a special release, but that would mean a book is released SOONER than expected.

It was on the page, I can confirm it since I actually read it before it was removed. There is no point in denying this, it was left on that page for several weeks.
It WAS scheduled for March, and was removed from the list without a single word from the author /publishing company. Furthermore, we already have the schedule for May now, and still no reappearance of the volume, which means that at best it's going to be in June. Considering that volume 6 has been out for a while and that the author's pace of writing was 3 times faster than that before, that the author was involved with a scandal about Tracing, seeing the 7th volume announced and then removed from the list without a word doesn't sound good at all.

the author posting about the 7th volume the 31st of March in the link you gave in the first post is a better news than we had since a long long time.
ZefyrisApr 27, 2015 5:22 AM
Apr 27, 2015 9:25 AM

Aug 2013
Zefyris said:
the author posting about the 7th volume the 31st of March in the link you gave in the first post is a better news than we had since a long long time.
I see, well it makes me happy to be of use for someone. I try my best to keep the thread updated with the latest information. However I am human, I do make mistakes, as in, I might give false information sometimes. But I am glad I was right this time. He still helped me however, I woudn't have known about Media factory if it wasn't for him so we should thank him. ^-^

Zefyris said:
Considering that volume 6 has been out for a while and that the author's pace of writing was 3 times faster than that before, that the author was involved with a scandal about Tracing, seeing the 7th volume announced and then removed from the list without a word doesn't sound good at all.
Oh and relating to the Tracing incident, no action was taking. As for the magic circle, they apologized to the original owner and will have an updated design in the Blu-ray releases. So thus far nothing has changed (They might just be taking their time).
CrovvvApr 28, 2015 7:10 AM
Apr 30, 2015 1:00 AM
Mar 2015
RandomGuy2211 said:

I hope the dub is good. I watched the subbed and thoroughly enjoyed it; So anything the dub offers is bonus. I hope the voice actors chosen fit the character tho.
Apr 30, 2015 7:08 AM

Aug 2013
Da3awss said:
I hope the dub is good. I watched the subbed and thoroughly enjoyed it; So anything the dub offers is bonus. I hope the voice actors chosen fit the character tho.

Sadly, most dubs are usually bad. But sometimes you may find yourself surprised. Like you said, it mostly depends on how compatible the voice actor's voices are to the characters.
May 8, 2015 5:17 AM

Aug 2013
AlneOove said:
I've been calling for a NGNL season 2 by either summer or fall of 2015. But after reading what OP said I think fall would be a much better prediction.

But it will come eventually.

>incredibly good animation shows a high budget
>sold really well
>incredibly popular
>ended on an incredibly obscure cliffhanger

Unless the goal of Madhouse was to do nothing but create an incredibly expensive advertisement for the light novel, then odds are a 2nd season of NGNL has been long planned and there's probably a 95% chance that production has already started.

Well that was their goal originally, which is why season 1 ended on a cliffhanger (A spoiler from LN 6 to be precise). The original author wanted people to buy the light novel. Which is why it was done like this, But then unexpectably, the Anime sold extremly well in Japan which Madhouse did not predict. But with a dub coming soon (meaning it will hopefully start selling in English speaking countries like America) and a 7th volume also approaching. It is likely a second season will come sooner or later (I predicted either Fall 2015 or Spring 2016).
CrovvvMay 9, 2015 6:49 PM
May 21, 2015 5:25 AM

Aug 2013

***Main post updated***

Thanks alot, shadow! I wasn't really paying attention that much to Mediafactory or Kamiyuu's twitter in the past few weeks because I didn't think we would get any news. I'll update the thread as soon as possible!
CrovvvMay 24, 2015 4:23 PM
May 22, 2015 9:46 AM

Jan 2015

Thanks Jibril!!! best girl
May 26, 2015 5:16 AM

Aug 2013
AlneOove said:

I get that a lot of anime may have had an original goal of just using the anime to advertise the source material to boost the sales of it, but just consider the fact that it didn't just get left on a cliffhanger, but the cliffhanger it was left on was really obscure and not very ordinary (or logical even.)

I really do think they originally had plans to continue the series if it did well (which it did) from the very beginning. It just seems odd to leave it off at a weird spot like that, things aren't usually done like that.
Actually a very large amount of series usually end on this type of cliffhanger. In fact some series even end mid-fight or don't even finish the arc). I can give you two off the top of my head: Deadman wonderland and Mahou Sensou are exemples of bad cliffhanger endings. There's atleast a few hundred more series like this. But I'm not trying to crush your hope of getting a second season because I also definetly want one. The 7th volume is coming out in July, so we'll finally know what happens after that spoiler. This increases our chances of getting a second season exponentially because we might finally have enough material for a second season (Well we would only need six if it wasn't for that cliffhanger ending). Not only that but the dub is going to start airing the same week that comes out so expect a second season for Fall 2015 or Spring 2016 (That's my guess if there's going to be one).
CrovvvMay 26, 2015 5:32 AM
May 27, 2015 3:25 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
A second season within the next year sounds incredibly optimistic to me. If they cover up to volume six then there'll be effectively nothing left to adapt anytime soon thereafter as it stands at the moment

I'd rather estimate something like Fall 2016 if anything (if it even happens that is, Madhouse aren't too reliable when it comes to providing consecutive seasons after all :s)

Also Madhouse are doing One Punch-Man during Fall this year anyway so they already have their hands full
May 27, 2015 5:26 PM

Aug 2013
HaXXspetten said:
A second season within the next year sounds incredibly optimistic to me. If they cover up to volume six then there'll be effectively nothing left to adapt anytime soon thereafter as it stands at the moment

I'd rather estimate something like Fall 2016 if anything (if it even happens that is, Madhouse aren't too reliable when it comes to providing consecutive seasons after all :s)

Also Madhouse are doing One Punch-Man during Fall this year anyway so they already have their hands full
It's true that Fall 2015 does start to sound a little too optimistic. But now that we know that madhouse has their hands full at the time, I'll forget it for now.

At the time when season 1 finished airing there was 6 volumes out in total. Season 1 used 3. So it would make sense that we would have to wait for somewhere around the 9th volume. But with the way season 1 ended it screws up this whole estimation. So there's not really any telling when there's going to be one. But late 2016 does sound a little better than late 2015. I'm still hoping to get one for Spring 2016 however.

Anyways, thank you for your opinion and information! :)

P.S. I'll update the estimation on the main post.
CrovvvMay 28, 2015 8:53 AM
Jun 1, 2015 4:22 AM
Oct 2014
Any news about season 2?
Im really looking forward to this..
Jun 1, 2015 5:16 AM

Aug 2013
masteroon said:
Any news about season 2?

Not for the moment, if there is any sort of news I will definetly update the main post.
Jun 1, 2015 5:31 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
MachinaEx said:
masteroon said:
Any news about season 2?

Not for the moment, if there is any sort of news I will definetly update the main post.
If there is a season 2 announcement it'll be on the front page of the entire website :s
Jun 2, 2015 5:27 AM

Aug 2013
HaXXspetten said:
MachinaEx said:

If there is a season 2 announcement it'll be on the front page of the entire website :s
Well yeah, if there would be an announcement for season 2, you definitely would have known before coming here. This thread is mostly just to keep track of everything about NGNL overall. Any news relating to, Manga, LN, English releases (Volumes and dub), NGNL related events, etc.
Jun 2, 2015 4:34 PM
Oct 2014
do you think it is likely that no game no life will not get a second season as it was originally made to inspire people to read the light novel?
masteroonJun 3, 2015 3:34 PM
Jun 3, 2015 12:45 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
masteroon said:
do you think it is likely that no game no life will not get a second season as it was originally made to inspire people to read the visual novel?
light novel*

anyways yes originally I'm quite sure it was just intended to boost LN sales and nothing more, but since the anime ended up being fairly successful on its own, Madhouse might end up doing it anyway at some point, we'll see
Jun 4, 2015 3:08 AM
Oct 2014
how many light novels did the first season covered?
Jun 4, 2015 3:17 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
masteroon said:
how many light novels did the first season covered?
first three volumes
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

622 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 21, 5:21 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.