Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 8, 2015 8:32 PM

Jan 2015
Let me just post these comments:

Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Also, can people explain to me what Asseylum thought she could do, or what she was doing?

Oh yeah, she was about to, once again, force her ideals on everyone, damn the consequences. If Lemrina did indeed explain everything to her, then dumbAsseylum should know that it is Slaine's doing that has finally unified her people, and has allowed them to begin to shed their discrimination of Terrans. What do she think happens if she brings him down now? "Peace"?

Does she think she can just tell her people to stop the war....and that they will listen to her? LMFAO. She doesn't understand her people, and seemingly has no interest in trying to. As Slaine said, he's NOT the reason why this war is happening, and that if it wasn't him, it'd be someone else leading the charge.....yet dumbAsseylum ignores that, and demands him to stop?

It's Slaine, Lemrina and Saazbaum that have brought their people together, in place of Asseylum, who should've been doing that from the start. Yes, they have done so in different, and more radical, ways than she would have of course, but they've managed what she refused to even try to do. It is them that understands the feelings of the Martians, not their beloved princess, who supposedly loves them.

For the life of me, I can't get why someone who's supposed to embody so much good, seems to care more about the Terrans, and her people, or her dying empire.

deadoptimist said:
Also Asseylum’s attitude is problematic. She betrayed her people the moment she descended on Earth. She was supposed to be the sole young carrier of aldnoah master activation sequence, by killing her the Earth would’ve most likely destroyed Vers forever. The Versians give her priviledge, power, adoration, so she should also understand her position, her importance to them.

Going to Earth was selfish, since she could offer no real peace at that time.

The fact that she is not saddened in the slightest by the sight of martians (she could even personally know) killed and doesn’t care for her double doesn’t look too good either.

She could’ve given Slaine one chance to talk to her normally as well – for the sake of old times at least. Also she was off for almost two years, she shouldn’t rush to judge things.

To sum it up, she's a princess/queen that doesn't seem to really care about her people, their feelings towards anything, the state of her empire....and, as a result, doesn't seem to really want peace, or at least doesn't know how to even begin.

Yes, Slaine's current goal is to completely annihilate the Earth military, and thus claim it as Vers territory, and in the short term that will lead to a lot of turmoil; during the war, and in the early stages of a Vers controlled Earth. However, in the long run, freely given Aldnoah power for all, plus the abundant resources of Earth does give such a new world many benefits that can only help both Terran, Martians, and the eventual mixed "races" in the long run, in bettering their lives. When the Union defeated the Confederacy, and re-assimilated them into the US, sure it was hard at first, but things eventually settled down, for the most part; no signs of another rebellion. Same with Japan now being allies with the US, after the US completely destroyed their forces in WWII.

Not the ideal plan, I'll give you that, but it's a hell of a lot better, and, yes, more realistic than whatever the hell Asseylum was trying to do.

What the actual hell did she think she was going to accomplish when she strolled down to Earth? You can't create peace on this scale by being nice and friendly. Hell, most periods of peace are AFTER one side has completely defeated the other, and/or forced their complete surrender. She also failed to heed her own council. What if she hadn't sacrificed a lowly Martian peasant for her own safety? She'd be dead, and the Aldnoah power goes with her (this is of course before Lemrina's existence was made known to us).

What did she think she going to accomplish this last episode? Slaine had just told her that he wasn't originally a part of coalition that wanted this war, and, if he wasn't leading the charge, others would take his place. Yet she points her gun at Slaine, and demands that all hostilities be stopped....as if her doing that would've accomplished "peace".

Again, if she's been told everything, then she also knows that her people are now united BECAUSE of Slaine, and this war. She should also know that he plans to make the Aldnoah power free to every one, to destroy the class system. She knows that Slaine, Saazbaum, and Lemrina, have been actually bettering her people....yet she will choose shatter the unity that the Vers have finally managed to attain...for Terrans?

I get she wants peace, but achieving peace, the way she wants to, requires more than her defending the Terrans. As the only viable royal family member, her responsibility, and obligation, should be to leading, and bettering, HER PEOPLE FIRST. Not the Terrans. She doesn't need to declare war, but their livelihood should be an afterthought to her.

If Asseylum actually takes her responsibility as leader seriously, as someone who actually cares about her people, and this war has a less likely chance of happening. The only reason the war started up was because of the Vers monarchy's utter disregard for their citizens, and she disregards hem on a regular basis.

It doesn't help that she's not seen being upset at the sight of Terrans killing her Counts. Yeah, it war, but seeing how she is, you'd think she feel sad, or some guilt, that HER PEOPLE are dying.
Makaze_no_MoujuuMar 8, 2015 8:45 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 8, 2015 8:56 PM
Feb 2015
TBH, she is not the worst character. Every single character in this show sucks royally.
Mar 8, 2015 8:58 PM

Apr 2014
Viktor_Otaku said:
Every single character in this show sucks royally.
Mar 8, 2015 8:59 PM

Jul 2012
Protaku94 said:
Viktor_Otaku said:
Mar 8, 2015 9:09 PM

Jan 2013
It's a shit anime, why even bother bitching about one shitty character anyways?
Mar 8, 2015 9:55 PM

Dec 2013
mayukachan said:
Protaku94 said:
Mar 9, 2015 7:48 PM
Feb 2015
Rance-sama said:
It's a shit anime, why even bother bitching about one shitty character anyways?

Because apparently thats what certain people likes to do, they just hound the forums and take every single potshot they can at bashing a character they don't like while attacking other posters who like the said characters.
Mar 9, 2015 8:05 PM
Sep 2010
Eh...Asseylum is just a generic I <3 peace princess. The writers just arent that good tbh. I dont rly hate on her personally.
Mar 9, 2015 8:10 PM

Jan 2015
I don't hate her, I just don't like how the writers have used her to derail the story.
Mar 9, 2015 8:16 PM

Jan 2009
Eh, i think the problem with asseylum is that they made her set out nearly half the series, meaning we had more character development with the tube she was being kept in than with her, still she's not a bad character, just an underutilized one.

Worst character in the series though?
No i'd give that to magdabridge or whatever her name is and her second in command, who had almost no development in C1 and has had no development in C2.

As much as i outright despise slaine, he's pretty integral to the plot, so from a standpoint of the plot i can't call him the worst.

Inaho needs a little more character development, but i wouldn't call him a bad character, far from it.
Mar 9, 2015 8:37 PM
Feb 2015
Tatsuya said:
Eh, i think the problem with asseylum is that they made her set out nearly half the series, meaning we had more character development with the tube she was being kept in than with her, still she's not a bad character, just an underutilized one.

Worst character in the series though?
No i'd give that to magdabridge or whatever her name is and her second in command, who had almost no development in C1 and has had no development in C2.

As much as i outright despise slaine, he's pretty integral to the plot, so from a standpoint of the plot i can't call him the worst.

Inaho needs a little more character development, but i wouldn't call him a bad character, far from it.

Inaho is what will happen if the writers do not pay any attention to character dev. He is not bad, not at the start, it is just that as the series progress we still see him remaining as the same, whereas other had over taken him by leaps and bounds. To me it is more disappointment than hate.
Mar 9, 2015 9:16 PM
May 2012
My Fact..

Every sci fi anime comes with stupid characters but no one gonna care,

for me, I WOULDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT!!

That's anime for us.
JafriZinMar 9, 2015 9:28 PM
Mar 9, 2015 9:25 PM

Jul 2014
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
What did she think she going to accomplish this last episode? Slaine had just told her that he wasn't originally a part of coalition that wanted this war, and, if he wasn't leading the charge, others would take his place. Yet she points her gun at Slaine, and demands that all hostilities be stopped....as if her doing that would've accomplished "peace".

Oh, yep, and that too.
She hasn't given her old friend one chance to speak his mind to her (as in real her) freely. She listens to others, tricks him and points a gun at him. If her weepy terran pet has become a military leader, maybe there is a good reason. Not that she cared before though - asking about the martian who saved her at Tanegashima was an afterthought for her, she was laughing and dancing, while he was tortured to almost death.
And pointing a gun at him is the worst possible move. She won't shoot anyway and he has killed, so he knows the real meaning. That's disrespectful to a soldier.

If she was intelligent, she would also understand that it's not that bad that the one in the center of things is the guy who loves her. Killing him or antagonising him gives her less control over situation. If he is replaced, the war won't stop, but the next leader may be willing to finally kill her.

Until she can get her own forces, she is powerless anyway.

I hate when purity and naivetee are used as an excuse for stupid stubborness and disregard for the feelings of others.
Mar 9, 2015 9:57 PM
Feb 2015
deadoptimist said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Oh, yep, and that too.
She hasn't given her old friend one chance to speak his mind to her (as in real her) freely. She listens to others, tricks him and points a gun at him. If her weepy terran pet has become a military leader, maybe there is a good reason. Not that she cared before though - asking about the martian who saved her at Tanegashima was an afterthought for her, she was laughing and dancing, while he was tortured to almost death.
And pointing a gun at him is the worst possible move. She won't shoot anyway and he has killed, so he knows the real meaning. That's disrespectful to a soldier.

If she was intelligent, she would also understand that it's not that bad that the one in the center of things is the guy who loves her. Killing him or antagonising him gives her less control over situation. If he is replaced, the war won't stop, but the next leader may be willing to finally kill her.

Until she can get her own forces, she is powerless anyway.

I hate when purity and naivetee are used as an excuse for stupid stubborness and disregard for the feelings of others.

What I find even more pathetic is that some people actually think that everything would had worked out just find just by having the Princess yell " We want peace".
Mar 10, 2015 1:10 AM

Apr 2014
Viktor_Otaku said:
TBH, she is not the worst character. Every single character in this show sucks royally.

Indeed.
Mar 10, 2015 1:11 AM

Oct 2008
Every single character in the show is the absolute worst character.
Mar 10, 2015 3:24 AM

Sep 2008
How is she ANY worse than any other character in this show?
Mar 10, 2015 3:26 AM

Dec 2013
G_Spark233 said:
mayukachan said:
Mar 10, 2015 4:10 AM

Oct 2014
All characters are pretty bad,not just Asseylum
Mar 10, 2015 6:10 AM

May 2009
She gets hate now (especially in Japan) because she betrayed Slaine.
Mar 10, 2015 6:26 AM
Mar 2015
Her 'betraying' Slaine I could see coming from far off. I don't hate her but she's incredibly naive and I am disappointed in the wasted potential. She could have been an amazing character if she woke up earlier and actually learned of the state of the world and grown up from her naive understanding but now we only have 3 episdoes left and I doubt there is going to be any character development in the next 2 episodes to make up for it (given that the finales are usually just action sequences).

If there was a 3rd cour, it would fix this issue but A/Z is bombing right now.
Mar 10, 2015 6:28 AM

Dec 2013
bastek66 said:

Shouldn't it be the other way around?!?

Slaine betrayed her by fighting with the Martians.
Mar 10, 2015 6:34 AM
Mar 2015
There is no betrayal. The Slaine/hime fans are just mad. Slaine grew as a character and Asshime stayed stagnant. By the time of the 'betrayal' they wanted completely different things and it's not like they had a promise for anything. I never heard Slaine promise the princess that if he ever became a count he would do x.
Mar 10, 2015 6:48 AM

Dec 2013
Icezera said:
There is no betrayal. The Slaine/hime fans are just mad. Slaine grew as a character and Asshime stayed stagnant. By the time of the 'betrayal' they wanted completely different things and it's not like they had a promise for anything. I never heard Slaine promise the princess that if he ever became a count he would do x.

She did save his life and they were essentially friends. They wouldn't need to promise such things like "I will never shit on your beliefs".

Of course Asshime would stay stagnant. She was in a coma!
Mar 10, 2015 6:49 AM
Nov 2014
Protaku94 said:
Viktor_Otaku said:
Mar 10, 2015 7:20 AM

Jan 2015
G_Spark233 said:
bastek66 said:

Lol, how is it betrayal when the Martians are her own subjects? She betrayed them when decided people she just met are more important than the people she's duty bound to lead.
Mar 10, 2015 7:20 AM

Jun 2013
bastek66 said:

Who the hell didn't see this coming? Is Japan as a whole this naive?

What I don't understand is why Slaine is becoming more and more popular in Japan during the second season when Inaho is supposed to be more relatable to the normal japanese boy. Like, he fits the bill of most mecha protagonists at least superficially. He's just a "normal" high school student until he can showcase his hidden power, he fights the big bad guys trying to hurt his friends, and he is the defender of everything good, I'm sure if you asked the creators of the original characters what they thought about the reception of Slaine's character vs Inaho's, they'd admit that they are shocked.
Mar 10, 2015 7:23 AM

Jun 2013
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Lol, how is it betrayal when the Martians are her own subjects? She betrayed them when decided people she just met are more important than the people she's duty bound to lead.

I also found this confusing when this guy said that. Why doesn't Asseylum just leave and join Earth''s defense forces? She has no business deciding what's best for Vers unless she admits that everything she is doing is for Earth and not Vers.
Mar 10, 2015 7:28 AM

Dec 2013
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
G_Spark233 said:

Her main goal is to bring peace between the two groups. All Slaine is doing is furthering the war.
Mar 10, 2015 7:59 AM
Mar 2015
Hmmm, I think you are focusing on the relationship between Slayne/Asshime in regards to the betrayal but I argue that the relationship was dead by the time she woke up while save seems to view the betrayal in relation to the Martian people.

I think it's a fault of shitty writing yet again. Slaine's position would be so much more strengthened and Asshime's position much more clear if we actually saw the plight of the Martian people or had a character from that background feature.

Was Saaz making shit up (probably not given the discrimination to Slaine) or is Asshime completely oblivious? Once again, if we saw the actual plight instead of just being told about it, we could much more easily judge the characters.
Mar 10, 2015 10:06 AM

May 2009
G_Spark233 said:
bastek66 said:

Don't you know that vast majority of fanbase in Japan are fujoshits who love Slaine? He's only character they care about.
Mar 10, 2015 12:12 PM

Jan 2015
G_Spark233 said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Her main goal is to bring peace between the two groups. All Slaine is doing is furthering the war.

But how can you create peace between two groups, when you don't make any effort to figure out, and fix, their grievances first? How she create peace when neither side has yet to show a legit want for peace? She doesn't even know about her peoples sociopolitical issues, nor about their lack of resources, and she seems to not want to find out. If she did, she would've had a proper conversation with Slaine. Slaine even told her that he is not the reason war started, or would continue even if he wasn't in charge. Why doesn't that resonate with her? Does she not see that HER PEOPLE/SUBJECTS now look to be of much higher spirits, because of Saaz, Slaine and Lemrina's actions?

She's yet to show any interests, or concern, towards her people, and you say she wants peace for all parties involved. We don't see her feeling guilty about sacrificing a peasant as a decoy to keep herself alive during her selfish, and ridiculous, trip to Earth.

It takes more than saying "I want peace." to actually create it. None of her actions tell us that she even has any clue how to achieve peace the way she wants it. Slaine's way is violent in the short, but it's potentially beneficial to everyone in the long term with him " Aldnoah for all" plan.
Mar 10, 2015 2:25 PM
Mar 2015
It would be nice if she would understand the state of affairs of the society she's very close to inheriting. Maybe Cruhteo can be the person that could help address that, but I'd say it's a little late in the game for that kind of talk. Unfortunately, I think she's most likely to B-line it for Earth when the chance arises.

Overall, her character motivations are biased towards Earth. Instead showing Martians aren't inherently bad, she adds to the Black/White morality by distancing herself from them (I'm not sure if the girl even cares for her own dying grandfather). Without the face of those who have been struggling on Mars, we're only left with mostly arrogant counts, while she (Rayet and Maaz) comes off as "one of the good ones." The omission of key details only shown in promotional materials and her confinement the tube don't really help the case either.

I see this as her character being used ineffectively, though she definitely isn't the only character with that problem.
Mar 10, 2015 2:25 PM
Mar 2012
G_Spark233 said:
bastek66 said:

>Nips in charge of rational judgement.
Mar 10, 2015 2:59 PM
Feb 2015
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
G_Spark233 said:

But how can you create peace between two groups, when you don't make any effort to figure out, and fix, their grievances first? How she create peace when neither side has yet to show a legit want for peace? She doesn't even know about her peoples sociopolitical issues, nor about their lack of resources, and she seems to not want to find out. If she did, she would've had a proper conversation with Slaine. Slaine even told her that he is not the reason war started, or would continue even if he wasn't in charge. Why doesn't that resonate with her? Does she not see that HER PEOPLE/SUBJECTS now look to be of much higher spirits, because of Saaz, Slaine and Lemrina's actions?

She's yet to show any interests, or concern, towards her people, and you say she wants peace for all parties involved. We don't see her feeling guilty about sacrificing a peasant as a decoy to keep herself alive during her selfish, and ridiculous, trip to Earth.

It takes more than saying "I want peace." to actually create it. None of her actions tell us that she even has any clue how to achieve peace the way she wants it. Slaine's way is violent in the short, but it's potentially beneficial to everyone in the long term with him " Aldnoah for all" plan.

Asseylum's vision was once Slaine's vision and due to the fact that Asseylum was in a coma while Slaine was in war ,Slaine changed more while Asseylum was a complex of Slaine's old self.Granted Old Slaine never actually cared or known for himself of the struggles of the lower class martians ,it is added that Slaine is somewhat MORE PRIVILEGED than upper class Martians considering that Earth treats them worse than lower class terrans(Id say since Slaine's father was a Scientist, Slaine was probably upper-middle class terran).
Another fact is Asseylum's character is an obssession to becoming Slaine,considering Asseylum doesnt have a character of her own, she adapts to the person who is closest to her(which was Slaine).
Mar 10, 2015 3:27 PM

May 2014
G_Spark233 said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Asseylum see's world politics like a child would, in that she thinks that if she can make people see same way she does, they will disregard their views as part of some realisation that they were wrong and everyone will be friends and hold hands, but in reality this doesn't work. She's blinding by her childish idealism, which will achieve nothing.

At the point where Slaine was put in a position to influence the war, it was beyond the point of no return. Who knows what his end goal is, but at least he's achieving something. Asseylum is just a walking contradiction who can't even decide where her loyalties lie.
Mar 10, 2015 4:27 PM

Jul 2014
She remind me of a poem I've read recently about history. There was an interesting line that the better people the rulers are, the more victims there is. Ruling is more about responsibility than about being good. Your subjects won't become happier from your goodwill, unfortunately.
Mar 10, 2015 6:47 PM

Dec 2013
Shadzy_ said:
G_Spark233 said:

Asseylum see's world politics like a child would, in that she thinks that if she can make people see same way she does, they will disregard their views as part of some realisation that they were wrong and everyone will be friends and hold hands, but in reality this doesn't work. She's blinding by her childish idealism, which will achieve nothing.

At the point where Slaine was put in a position to influence the war, it was beyond the point of no return. Who knows what his end goal is, but at least he's achieving something. Asseylum is just a walking contradiction who can't even decide where her loyalties lie.

Have you forgotten part of the trigger for the war was Asshime's "death". Although war was pretty inevitable anyway (reference to WW1)

I agree that her idealism was shit but that doesn't mean what Slaine is doing is right and that Slaine didn't betray the princess.

All he is achieving at this point is more death and friction within the Vers empire.
Mar 10, 2015 6:50 PM

Mar 2013
In Soviet Russia, Slaine betrays Princess

wait, that doesn't sound right at all.

And that's why it's silly to say the Princess betrayed Slaine.
Mar 10, 2015 6:51 PM

Jan 2015
Friction within the Vers Empire? It is Slaine that got them to finally work together.
Mar 10, 2015 8:02 PM

Dec 2013
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Friction within the Vers Empire? It is Slaine that got them to finally work together.
But they are actually fighting each other.
Mar 10, 2015 8:08 PM
Feb 2015
deadoptimist said:
She remind me of a poem I've read recently about history. There was an interesting line that the better people the rulers are, the more victims there is. Ruling is more about responsibility than about being good. Your subjects won't become happier from your goodwill, unfortunately.

Naivety kills a country in a sense, try to hold hands and spread flowers aint gonna stop the guy from shooting you.
Mar 10, 2015 8:09 PM
Feb 2015
fst said:

fst said:

It's not so much as the Princess betraying Slaine as Slaine is trying to say her from her own naivety.
Mar 10, 2015 8:10 PM
Feb 2015
G_Spark233 said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

The friction could had been much worse if thing went as they were and civil war broke out. At least now Slaine can be sure that if the Martians absolutely have to find someone to hate, it would be him and not 50% of the general population of mars.
Mar 11, 2015 2:21 AM

Jun 2012
Haven't read all this, but I'll go ahead and say I completely disagree with the OP. Her people tried to kill her, and initiated an attack on Earth based on a lie. Why doesn't she cry for the death of her Counts? Because they plotted her assassination and are slaughtering Terran civilians by the millions in a ****ing surprise attack. Are you completely insane? Martians are losing one arrogant prick here and there whenever someone manages to figure out their tricks while Terrans are just getting blasted casually all day long.

This glorious unification of Martians that you hate her for not caring about will just result in a lot more innocent deaths. Martians haven't exactly been playing fair in the slightest. If she doesn't favor them at this point, she can't be blamed at all. It's startling that you don't see that. You talk like the princess should act less like someone that can clearly see that Terrans and Martians are immensely similar, and more like some kind of xenophobe.

Also, I'm not sure what you're expecting as far as her peace plans go. She never got the chance to even try for negotiations of any sort, because her OWN people sabotaged her attempt from the inside. She was powerless to do anything while trapped with Inaho and crew, and she's been stuck in a tube ever since. The **** have you been expecting from her?
Mar 11, 2015 2:24 AM

Apr 2008
Nightrail said:
Haven't read all this, but I'll go ahead and say I completely disagree with the OP. Her people tried to kill her, and initiated an attack on Earth based on a lie. Why doesn't she cry for the death of her Counts? Because they plotted her assassination and are slaughtering Terran civilians by the millions in a ****ing surprise attack. Are you completely insane? Martians are losing one arrogant prick here and there whenever someone manages to figure out their tricks while Terrans are just getting blasted casually all day long.

This glorious unification of Martians that you hate her for not caring about will just result in a lot more innocent deaths. Martians haven't exactly been playing fair in the slightest. If she doesn't favor them at this point, she can't be blamed at all. It's startling that you don't see that. You talk like the princess should act less like someone that can clearly see that Terrans and Martians are immensely similar, and more like some kind of xenophobe.

Also, I'm not sure what you're expecting as far as her peace plans go. She never got the chance to even try for negotiations of any sort, because her OWN people sabotaged her attempt from the inside. She was powerless to do anything while trapped with Inaho and crew, and she's been stuck in a tube ever since. The **** have you been expecting from her?

Glad to see at least someone here has their brain on the right way
Mar 11, 2015 2:33 AM

Dec 2013
Viktor_Otaku said:
G_Spark233 said:

The friction could had been much worse if thing went as they were and civil war broke out. At least now Slaine can be sure that if the Martians absolutely have to find someone to hate, it would be him and not 50% of the general population of mars.

So he is purposely trying to be hated? I doubt that is the case. He is just being a dick.

I cringe at the comparison that forms in my head with a certain famous MC.
Mar 11, 2015 2:35 AM

Sep 2014
Nightrail said:

Mmm. It isn't clear yet to her how many of the counts were behind the assassination attempt on her life. Surely, she must realize there must be some counts brought into the war, which was initially started because they thought she had been killed, which were not in on the attempt, and therefore were honest. As for the slaughtering Terrans thing, it's war. I don't see why she shouldn't feel for an innocent count participating in the war, if the count was manipulated into it by Saaz and Slaine. She should definitely feel for the (admittedly hardly ever shown, thanks A.Z) regular soldiers/troops.

The unification of Mars didn't necessarily have to come about as a result of this war. The problem is Asseylum seems to either not know about or not understand about the tensions between the Counts, the people, and the Royal Family, which she should understand as the next leader in line with the Emperor in failing health.

Why shouldn't she care about the unification of her own people? Just because one group, the counts, have gone in a path she doesn't agree with? That's a poor choice to not care about anymore, especially when some of the counts were manipulated into the current state of events in the first place and some counts may not even be in the war, and it is unclear to what level they represent the desires of the general populace. She should care about both sides, sure, but she hasn't shown any awareness of her own nation's problems really.

I'm pretty sure his problem is that instead of trying to focus on her nation's already evident problems at the beginning of the series, she instead chooses to go on a (at least somewhat) personally motivated trip to Earth, when she should be working on preventing the tensions between her own people. She hasn't really come up with any sort of plan for peace either, as far as I can tell, nor has she expressed any awareness of the political and social problems between the Vers groups yet.

It's annoying.
Mar 11, 2015 3:17 AM
Feb 2015
G_Spark233 said:
Viktor_Otaku said:

So he is purposely trying to be hated? I doubt that is the case. He is just being a dick.

I cringe at the comparison that forms in my head with a certain famous MC.

Well of course he is not going out of his way of being a villian, but what he is doing is going to be controversial but in the end it is for a higher cause.
Mar 11, 2015 3:20 AM
Feb 2015
ANGRY2011 said:

Mmm. It isn't clear yet to her how many of the counts were behind the assassination attempt on her life. Surely, she must realize there must be some counts brought into the war, which was initially started because they thought she had been killed, which were not in on the attempt, and therefore were honest. As for the slaughtering Terrans thing, it's war. I don't see why she shouldn't feel for an innocent count participating in the war, if the count was manipulated into it by Saaz and Slaine. She should definitely feel for the (admittedly hardly ever shown, thanks A.Z) regular soldiers/troops.

The unification of Mars didn't necessarily have to come about as a result of this war. The problem is Asseylum seems to either not know about or not understand about the tensions between the Counts, the people, and the Royal Family, which she should understand as the next leader in line with the Emperor in failing health.

Why shouldn't she care about the unification of her own people? Just because one group, the counts, have gone in a path she doesn't agree with? That's a poor choice to not care about anymore, especially when some of the counts were manipulated into the current state of events in the first place and some counts may not even be in the war, and it is unclear to what level they represent the desires of the general populace. She should care about both sides, sure, but she hasn't shown any awareness of her own nation's problems really.

I'm pretty sure his problem is that instead of trying to focus on her nation's already evident problems at the beginning of the series, she instead chooses to go on a (at least somewhat) personally motivated trip to Earth, when she should be working on preventing the tensions between her own people. She hasn't really come up with any sort of plan for peace either, as far as I can tell, nor has she expressed any awareness of the political and social problems between the Vers groups yet.

It's annoying.

It's more than annoying, its cringe worthy. The writers are trying to make her look like Lacus no 2, but without the brains or willpower.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.