Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 5, 2015 11:00 AM

Nov 2014
Shit is about to go down
Hi there
Mar 5, 2015 11:00 AM

Aug 2013
Z4k said:
Holy shit this episode was fucking good and we got the "Woof Woof" scene too <3. Better than the manga and I didn't expect that twist with the Touka scene though. That Kaneki and Tsukiyama was both funny and sad. I couldn't help pity Tsukiyama lol. Although the rooftop scene might seem awkward to anime only watchers.

I feel your pain Tsukiyama.

It was pretty good but not better than the manga
Mar 5, 2015 11:06 AM

Apr 2014
Taewan said:

I'm talking about the first half.
Mar 5, 2015 11:07 AM

May 2014
Buys water bottle.............watches this episode.......throws it out

Buys 10 gallon water jug......hands to akira......damn my girl you thirsty as fuck!

This anime is amazing. And every ending is a masterpiece, they all come to a finish so beautifully. Lol that rejection though. But I next episode Kaneki about to go ape-shit.
Mar 5, 2015 11:09 AM

Dec 2014
So far, this is the best episode. I enjoyed every minute. Especially scenes "Welcome"and "Woof woof. These were great ^^ So now time to prepare for the upcoming final massacre and ultimate feels...
Mar 5, 2015 11:14 AM

Jan 2014
What a build up, it seems like we finally will be able to see Kaneki go all in.
It is insane how strong the Owl is, so much death in this episode. Great episode.
Mar 5, 2015 11:15 AM

Aug 2013
Z4k said:
Taewan said:

I Know
Mar 5, 2015 11:20 AM

Apr 2014
Taewan said:
Z4k said:

I Know

And your point being?
Mar 5, 2015 11:25 AM

Aug 2014
It was an okay episode, but definitely not what i expected. The atmosphere is just... not there. Feels just like another CCG assault rather than the raid on Anteiku. Tsukiyama's moment was alright, but the animation while he was swinging with his koukaku was just funny. Kaneki's apparently free to do whatever he wants, doesn't really matter that he's in Aogiri (seriously, i hope there was a point to this). Yomo let Touka run free instead of actually persuading her to leave it alone, which would be fine if this was just the anime going original, but nope - later Nishio says she's with Yomo.

On the other hand, Takizawa's scene was really good and touching, and Juuzo's paper plane scene was also nice. For a moment, i thought Arima was Kaneki, they made them a lot more similar in the anime.

I can hardly wait to see how Arima is handled.

3/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 5, 2015 11:31 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
such a cocktease episode. Can't wait for next one T_T
Mar 5, 2015 11:33 AM

Aug 2013
Was it just me that fangirled at this moment? Ahhhh Nishiki-kun ♡_♡

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Mod edit:
Image hidden under spoiler button.
AversaMar 6, 2015 11:42 AM
Mar 5, 2015 11:33 AM

Aug 2013
Z4k said:
Taewan said:

I Know

And your point being?

the whole atmosphere was not there for me it was just meh in the manga you had this heavy and dark atmosphere but i just cant get it in the anime i dont know if it's the animation or the changed story
Mar 5, 2015 11:36 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I liked this episode.
That was a fuckin nice episode.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 5, 2015 11:39 AM

Apr 2014
Taewan said:
Z4k said:

And your point being?

the whole atmosphere was not there for me it was just meh in the manga you had this heavy and dark atmosphere but i just cant get it in the anime i dont know if it's the animation or the changed story

I don't see any problem though. First half was adapted quite faithfully from the manga but I'd understand if you had problems with the Tsukiyama scene.
Mar 5, 2015 11:41 AM

Sep 2014
Z4k said:
Taewan said:

I don't see any problem though. First half was adapted quite faithfully from the manga but I'd understand if you had problems with the Tsukiyama scene.
Everything but the Tsukiyama scene was really good imo. And if Touka really is going to Anteiku have I have serious issues with that obviously...
Mar 5, 2015 11:52 AM

Oct 2014
loved the episode too bad Hide wasn't in it hopefully he will appear soon and we get to see Kaneki fight next episode :)

No kissing for Akira

Kaneki will save Touka or she will get someone killed

At least Hinamii is safe <3

Get Owled
Mar 5, 2015 11:58 AM
Jan 2014
So i'll make a guess and say that Touka is the one that Kaneki is carrying in first poster that was released.
Mar 5, 2015 12:01 PM

Jul 2011
Aaaand Nishiki made me cry. That's all I wanna say.
Mar 5, 2015 12:08 PM

Feb 2015
Fighting sequence and animation was good..
and that paper plane scene and raid news was very well directed
but that rooftop scene was pretty awkward....
overall this season also turning out to be mediocre only
Mar 5, 2015 12:11 PM

Feb 2015
animeranker98 said:
TheDeceiv3R said:
So Touka is going to Anteiku...

If that's the case then

tokyo ghoul re anime ..thats a long way to go
before that I would like this studio to correct the mess created with tokyo ghoul
something like tokyo ghoul brotherhood type
Mar 5, 2015 12:12 PM

Jul 2011
Ahhh...watching this after another stupid Naruto filler really made up for it :)
Mar 5, 2015 12:16 PM

Nov 2013
Great episode! I don't remember that scene with Touka in the manga, i really hope she doesn't go to Anteiku. Tsukiyama was just weird...as usual. And the manager just wow really badass!

Mar 5, 2015 12:17 PM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode, but I'm still really disappointed that they kept the Tsukiyama scene even though it doesn't fit in with this season at all. This season's honestly kinda disappointing, but probably mainly because I'm a manga reader and still can't help but compare the two.
Mar 5, 2015 12:21 PM
Jul 2018
Devil Ape and Black Dob are so badass.
Mar 5, 2015 12:23 PM

May 2014
If only people are smart enough to understand the relationship between these past episodes, including episode 9, they could have voted it as 10/10.

EVERY episode is just perfect... ofc. for the budget and time. But damn how could MAL rate s2 as < s1. Isn't it obvious that this the best sequel we could ever wish for. Not unless TG could have the "brotherhood" treatment then it would be the best of all time.

Just saying... also shout-outs to all retarded TG fans specially from the west.
"I'm just your typical human being who commit sins just like you. But the difference is that I never lied and tell anyone that what I did was right. I regret and ask for forgiveness from Him."

Why is my signature not anime-related? It's because who gives a fuck? Anyway I'd like to advertise to you this:

SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE.

Also, Tokyo Ghoul is AWESOME. Especially :re.
Mar 5, 2015 12:29 PM

Feb 2011
Another episode where our main protagonist only watched a screen and dodged some attacks. 10/10
Mar 5, 2015 12:31 PM

Dec 2014
i enjoyed the battle sepuences of this episode(few but well designed).Owl showed his real self :P
"Don't be distracted by the what-if's, should-have's, and if-only's. The one thing you choose for yourself - that is the truth of your universe."
Kamina
Mar 5, 2015 12:31 PM

Aug 2014
I liked this episode. Made me stick my head into my booty hole to search for sacred ghouls.
Mar 5, 2015 12:33 PM

May 2014
-Hatsu- said:
Another episode where our main protagonist only watched a screen and dodged some attacks. 10/10

Here's what you (one of the retarded fans but idk if you're from west) should do.
1. You should go to google.
2. Search by image.
3. Type "Kaneki overload"

Let's see what you got by then. :)
"I'm just your typical human being who commit sins just like you. But the difference is that I never lied and tell anyone that what I did was right. I regret and ask for forgiveness from Him."

Why is my signature not anime-related? It's because who gives a fuck? Anyway I'd like to advertise to you this:

SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE.

Mar 5, 2015 12:34 PM

Mar 2013
God, this was just as stupid as it was in the manga. Tsukiyama's scene was just plain funny and this mess of characters we don't care about is all ready to go. I mean, what was even going through the mangaka's head when he made these ridiculous one fight investigators? Y'know, the ones that look like a cross between the priest from Hellsing and Adolf from Terra Formars, and that one really bara Freddie Mercury lookalike. I guess they had names but it's not like there was any build up to them that made their names worth learning.
Mar 5, 2015 12:38 PM
Dec 2014
Great episode, but regrets that it was only in the next episode Kaneki enters the battlefield.
Mar 5, 2015 12:38 PM

May 2014
straggy said:
God, this was just as stupid as it was in the manga.

wut?
straggy said:
I mean, what was even going through the mangaka's head when he made these ridiculous one fight investigators?

wut?

Mar 5, 2015 12:44 PM

Apr 2011
Next week is going to be absolutely amazing.
Mar 5, 2015 12:57 PM
Apr 2014
Holy shit that was a great episode. Might have to bring my score up to a 7.
Mar 5, 2015 1:06 PM

Jul 2012
Finally! A good episode in Season 2... Touka going to anteiku? Hope to see much darker ending than manga :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2015 1:11 PM

Jun 2012
This Anime only has low ratings due to the fact that the studio or whatever is terrible at executing the Anime. People shouldn't whine though. Everyone complained it was too fast, so they made it slower.. And people are still complaining. But he should get more screen time.
Mar 5, 2015 1:30 PM

Jun 2014
The scene where Takizawa was freaking out and wrote "I don't want to die" was really powerful...

Okay, so the black dober, devil ape, and owl are all epic. I do have to admit that I still don't understand why they're killing so many people if right now they're accepting their punishment...but oh well, the "welcome" and "woof, woof" parts were great so whatever. I also really enjoyed the part where Kaneki saw the paper airplane and then the screen.

Tsukiyama scene made way more sense in the manga, they should have taken that out of the anime.

I can't wait to see Arima fight *^*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2015 1:33 PM

Mar 2014
Were we supposed to care about fat ape guy's and jackal girl's deaths and Taikazawa's ''I DUN WANA DAI'' testament?
Comic_SansMar 5, 2015 11:17 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 5, 2015 1:40 PM

Apr 2012
The pacing is extremely off, as always
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 5, 2015 1:42 PM

Feb 2014
Finally Kaneki will get some action. That sure took its time.
Mar 5, 2015 1:43 PM

Apr 2014
Comic_Sans said:
Were we supposed to care about fat ape guy's and jackal girl's dead and Taikazawa's ''I DUN WANA DAI'' testament?

None of them are dead.
Mar 5, 2015 1:47 PM

Nov 2014
Damn the tension built in few previous episodes is killing me.
Mar 5, 2015 1:47 PM

Jan 2014
bunny1ov3r said:
The pacing is extremely off, as always
But it's not.
Mar 5, 2015 1:48 PM

Jan 2014
Sasora said:
This Anime only has low ratings due to the fact that the studio or whatever is terrible at executing the Anime. People shouldn't whine though. Everyone complained it was too fast, so they made it slower.. And people are still complaining. But he should get more screen time.
They complain because it's not "muh manga"
Mar 5, 2015 2:06 PM

Nov 2012
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
Tsukiyama and Kaneki have had ZERO interaction with each other this entire time, have had zero character development TOGETHER, and you want to try to pull the heartwrenching rooftop scene? Nuh-uh. It doesn’t even add up! I haven’t been THIS upset with an anime since Air - and that was a crappy anime.

The anime went over their 'relationship' a lot in the first series. Literally almost everytime that Tsu is on screen he has something to say about Kaneki, he is an obsessed freak who wants nothing more than to eat him but at the same time cares for him as a 'friend' in a weird way, it really doesn't need much more explanation than that. Not speaking to someone for a period of time isn't going to weaken someone like Tsukiyama's feelings. I have come to this conclusion without ever reading the manga, I'm not sure if it's accurate but from my POV and the angle that I think the anime is portraying, I think that if you can read between the lines they have explained it well for short 12 eps seasons (of course it would be even better with more time to give context) butl not everything has to be made black and white.
TheRealDeal51Mar 5, 2015 2:16 PM
Mar 5, 2015 2:26 PM

Dec 2009
Loved that shot of Arima, man seeing him in animation like that he just looks so much like he could be Kanekis father or brother.
Mar 5, 2015 2:54 PM

May 2014
So the manager of that coffee shop the owl??? I mean damn if that's right I really got suprized and shocked. ^^

but that was a good ep. Black Dog and Devil Ape good action. They are doing great. It's too sad that it has to end like this. i mean ok they had a dark and evil past, but they are good guys now. why can't they live?? damn, humans.

overall it were a nice ep. I wonder what Kaneki will do in the next ep. I hope Touka-chan doesn't die. That would make me sad. :'(
Mar 5, 2015 3:23 PM

Nov 2012
Does the manager hide one eye out of respect for his son or something? Ep 8 made it sound as though his son disappeared and became the Owl but I guess that was just a translation difference.
Mar 5, 2015 3:26 PM

Jan 2015
Great episode can't wait for the next week and the ending cards I just can't get enough of them I want more!
Mar 5, 2015 3:33 PM

Aug 2014
Very sad...
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

760 by ShirJager »»
Apr 17, 5:39 PM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

37 by Zimmu »»
Apr 3, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2015

256 by dustyblue »»
Feb 7, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

300 by RapidPhantom »»
Jan 23, 7:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.